Womens Running

Wonderful Wine Walking Wednesdaily (Read 15 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

POST!

Walking Wine tour shortly.  No plans after, not sure if I will be walking or crawling...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

A couple of meetings today, followed by [dramatic music] game vs my former team, haha! I just hope it won't be a bloodbath, those two teams cannot stand each other in general. Have to buy some Coke for fast sugar to avoid fatigue, it work perfectly in the previous game.

In other news, as I said before, starting from tomorrow for 4wks we have

x 8pm-5am lockdown, no one allowed on streets unless it's work-related or emergency

x entertainment/dining/non-essential stores etc. fully closed

x gatherings 10ppl max 2 households max (my Nov14 race got cancelled :/)

x remote learning (except grades 1-3)

x remote work unless it's absolutely impossible [production etc.]

SIGH. Thanks, antivax crowd, thanks.

No idea what's going to happen w floorball, there are many options floating around, from ''fully closed'' to ''allowed only w vaccination QR code and only because it's the local Elite league''

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles last night. Will do something after work. Got first of lab results back, only thing out of range was ldl. Ugh. Gotta watch that. I made fun of DH a few weeks ago for being a Metamucil influencer, guess I'm gonna have to join him (he was told to use it for borderline cholesterol). I swear I saw vitamn D on the order but don't have results. In the can't catch a break area, DH got a call as we were getting ready to eact lunch. I hear county health department & immediately think oh f****, did it take several days for a pcr test to come back on MIL, it's covid & DH has been in close contact. Not covid. Something else reportable, not contagious, more environmental (keeping it somewhat vague). MIL is supposed to be reeased form the hospital today, but cannot go back to her old room in the long term care center right now because of this new issue. LTC isn't sure where she's go, mentioned the rehab unit, which is not locked. We had to remind them she walked out of there twice. It is also a situation that feels very CYA--both the hospital & LTC phone calls yesterday felt very scripted.

KatS, enjoy the win tour!

Kilmisters, ugh on the lockdowns. Here the conservative media has blamed the delta surge on the vaccinated. Doesn't help that the local  news is reporting 30% of MD covid deaths from September 1 on were fully vaccinated. A little context would be helpful. How many people, age range, other conditions, etc. The way it's being reported is not going to change anyone's mind about getting vaccinated. It's going to be used against the vaccine.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I ran 6 this morning. My hip woke up a bit angry which means the SI joint is getting tighter but it didn't bother me too much during the run. I'll see about the rest of the day.

Kat, how fun! I've never done one!

Elina, the stupid anti-maskers/anti-vaxers are the ones extending this forever.

HCK, nice run. My LDL was a bit high this time around (never had it high) but since we are runners, it is one of those levels that you just watch but it shouldn't be a concern (unless it's super high).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK, nice run. My LDL was a bit high this time around (never had it high) but since we are runners, it is one of those levels that you just watch but it shouldn't be a concern (unless it's super high).

Not super high & total is still under 200.

ccoakley

Kats, hope the wine walking tour was amazing!

Kilmisters, wow those are pretty strict restrictions.  Will that interfere with your running?

HCK, sorry about the MIL situation.  Are they trying to get you to take her?

Damaris, nice 6, sorry about the hip.

DS is home from daycare today so I had company on my run, did an easy 7.  Ran into a mom in DD's class I just met last week and ended up walking with her for a mile (she was walking her youngest in a stroller).  It's almost overwhelming how many new people I've met these past few weeks from school.  And we're not even trying by going to any of the organized events.  It really seems like kids and dogs are the best way to meet people.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Half Crazy K 2.0

ccoakley, I agree, I never talked to more people in my townhouse development as the weekend I watched our dog (while DH and I were dating). I don't think the long term care place expects us to take her in (and there is no way we could, our house is no wheelchair accessbile). I think the situation is one that potentially gets into "lawyer" territory and it's obvious that the facility feels the same.

Docket_Rocket

Not super high & total is still under 200.

That shouldn’t be a concern. Just compare it to next year to see if a trend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

That shouldn’t be a concern. Just compare it to next year to see if a trend.

There is definitely an upward trend over many years and this is the first time my HDL hasn't been flagged as "high". Family history is not on my side....

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, wow those are pretty strict restrictions.  Will that interfere with your running?

Yes. I often go out for a run quite late in the evening, because I want to have a small dinner after work, or there are some Excels to finish post working hours + I usually put the running layers on very lazily and gradually, making tea in the process etc. Now, if I have, say, 60min run in the plan (not following an external plan, just putting together my own simplistic schedule in Excel), I'll have to really be aware of what time it is or risk running the last part of the run around the house, haha.

From other restrictions - really sad about the dining (outdoor not allowed either), as very often it was my way of escaping absolutely bananas working day - going for a lunch w DH and just chatting over a kebab and/or beer. Now it's delivery only, which takes away the entire point - combining lunch with fresh air and getting away from laptop.

And yeah - floorball is on hold for a month at least.

As for the game - it went well. I won't go into details re: my own performance, but there's lots of takeaways - both good and bad. Among good, for sure, is the fact that people who watched the game said I look WAY more open/confident/positively aggressive than in previous team. But as I said, still tons of stuff to adjust. We lost today in overtime (again!), but to a team that theoretically should had just walked over us. Really showed that we won't be a pushover vs ANY team this season (that will HOPEFULLY continue at some point, but who knows). There was a moment when my opponent/former teammate pushed me quite aggressively in the back (ref gave a foul) and I turned around with such face expression that DH (who was also watching the game) said he expected, for the first time ever, I'd just hit her the hell back, haha, and to former teammate no less.  But I kept my emotions inside.

Now I am VERY tired, there's complete silence w minis being put to bed, and it's 1am, but I cannot fall asleep (got home at approx 11pm), so doing some work stuff, because I won't fall asleep soon anyway = wake up tomorrow like a zombie.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Didn't feel like running today. Just feeling meh.

Kats... your trip looks amazing

HCK.... I'm sorry about your MIL issue. Hoping your health tests come back with nothing serious.

Elina.... I'm over the restrictions. Hopefully your region starts to flatten down the curve.

Hi to everyone else

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kilmisters

Lori, this chart below (Latvia 14 day cummulative Covid cases per 100k ppl) reminds me of the dark joke ''when they said - flatten the curve, they should had specified along which axis) Sad [light red and green is split vaccinated/unvaccinated; dark red is total]

Half Crazy K 2.0

Kilmisters, yikes, that is quite an increase.

LC Runs

URD for me, I got all ready and went outside to thunder and lightening, ugh.  I wish I had more mojo later in the day but it is such a struggle if I don't go in the morning.  Hoping tomorrow the weather cooperates.

Kat - ohhh, walking wine tour sounds like a fun time!

Kathi - sorry to hear about the new MIL issue, hope they are able to figure out where to put her while she recovers

Damaris - hope the hip is feeling better. Nice 6!

CC - great run and walking with a new friend sounds fun!

Lori - I feel meh, too - blah 

Elina - glad the game went well. UGH on your restrictions!  I admit, this meme cracks me up- it's sad but true (as we go into month 20) 

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/241479025_10158896222137763_8918642850763851221_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=euTGjAxGBRQAX9-uC7h&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=23a586d73195edc3a24c33ac5e90b679&oe=6175764A

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, yikes, that is quite an increase.

It's a shitshow. #1 in the world...