Womens Running

Shivery Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Bikerchick1, I’d also like to hear what Marjorie has to say about this since I bruised my tailbone area when I fell last week. I bought a “coccyx” pillow at a medical equipment store. It is nicely cushioned, with a “V” cut out at the back and it was only about $20.00. The coccyx doesn’t have any pressure when I sit on the pillow. I tried donuts, but they didn’t feel as good as the cutout pillow.

Friday I did my cardio DVD for 40 minutes. It felt so good to move all over. I am feeling better each day.

Saturday I did 70 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday I also did 70 minutes of cardio DVD.

Today I am supposed to get the staples out of my head and be cleared to start running. I am also back to work today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning and Welcome to Monday! 

Have been a slacker with the posting..Friday 4 ish on the TM; Saturday - nada; Sunday 8 TM miles.

This am, 5 on TM and weights.  Still doing a 30 day squat challenge and completed 130 today.

Judy - glad you are getting back to your routine.  Sorry you have to go back to work, but happy you are feeling well enough to go!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 with strides tonight. Trixie is back at the vet for more tests and hopefully a biopsy.  She was very sick until Sunday when she started moving more normally.  Today, she tried to outrun the carrier and she lost.  Which is good news that she wants to run.

Gatsby, yes, I'm going in for surgery but my doctor does not do it so I have a second opinion with an expert on fibroids next week.  With the pain I now have every time I run, I need surgery for sure and soon.

Judy, ouch at the tailbone.  Did you get it checked for possible fracture?  I remember a friend of mine who fell and broke her butt.

LC Runs, nice runs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brr!!!  There was actually ice on my windshield this morning when I went to group power!!

My home pc was acting squirrely again so I didn't post over the weekend.  Office party Friday night was actually better than expected.

Saturday morning did Run Run Rudolph 5k here in town.  Out and back course turns around about 100 yards from my house.  Not my best 5k time, but had fun.  Then did an hour ride.  I was pooped.  Cleaned, sewed and started the annual chex mix marathon.  Ran early Sunday morning with the group.  Resumed sewing and chexing after church.  Chex mix is now done!!  Woohoo!!

Had the weirdest thing happen--wore my Nike tights yesterday morning and all afternoon my leg hurt SO bad!!  Across the front of my lower leg, just above the ankle.  I think it was from the elastic in the tights.  I've had them for years, and they never bothered me.  Hurt so bad I was limping while walking the dogs.  Sheesh!  Fine this morning--thank goodness.

Damaris and Camille--so sorry you are hurting.

Yay Karen!! Marathon rock star!

Have a great day!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I so want to run but I'm still babying the hip.  Apparently I bruised my ankle again. I keep bumping it with the rolling brief case. The new one I have the wheel base is different. Hurts like hell when I hit it. This is the second time. However, this brief case is wonderful. I live it. And, it is pink so even better.

Electrical:  $1500 of electrical being done right now. The electrician is a really nice guy--- he was great with the pups and they liked him.  This is expensive but needed.

Actually $800 is to fix the issue but I am also having him bring the panel up to current code (it isn't even close! and put a whole house surge protector in along with putting the correct breaker on the heat pump. The one on there is over amped which means it won't catch a problem until it is too late and is on fire). Best to be safe.

The reason we have them come is for the outside. The outside plugs are corroded and not with the correct covers. Being they are 13 years old not a surprise.  What was acceptable then doesn't work now.  So the corrosion is reason the Gfi for the outside kept tripping over the weekend. Electrical fires are bad things and dh sees them all the time. At least the wiring in the attic was good.

Best to have it all done right. Expensive but so worth the peace of mind. We are blessed to be able to afford to have this done.  A house in the front of the neighborhood just had a gfi catch on fire in November. If they hadn't been right there it would have taken out the whole house and very quickly. Fire scares the crap out of me!

Judy the cut out pillows are wonderful. That is all you can do for the coccyx. it takes awhile to heal and keeping pressure off helps. And, you being so little, you have no padding there to begin with.

Laura 130??  You go!

Sue that is weird!  The elastic must have been digging in?

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, sensible to have the electrical brought up to code. I'm sure your DH sees plenty of those types of fires. Not good.

Susan, just one leg? Hope it was just the tights, however if it happens again you may want to go to the doctor. I worry about blood clots.

Judy, coccyx pillow? Interesting. When DH had a bed sore they said don't use a donut piillow, they don't take pressure off the tailbone area.

Damaris, sorry surgery is in your future. Sis had fibroids removed (actually had everything taken out) and she's glad she did.

Carol, that is a cold race! I'm not surprised your friend was complaining.

3 yesterday morning, 5.6 this morning before DH's radiation treatment, then I managed to get to the gym at lunch and get in 7.16. I feel better for it. I've missed the lunchtime gym runs.

Now on the bus headed home. I told DS I'd do chicken and gravy and biscuits for him this evening. Maybe I can persuade DH to have a little too.