Womens Running

Fresh Start MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day that turned into a slow day. My brain is done for today.

Carol – Weird, I thought clear pee would be “your home free” LOL. I am all for the junk food!!  Smile Nice job on the hike! I am surprised you haven’t done a trail ultra  SmileI am excited for your NZ trip because I want to see pictures!

Diane – You had some nice miles this weekend! What stretch is it? I may try it.

Docket – UGH jealous of your early Monday. Though, not jealous of the OB-GYN. I never mind going, but still, not on a Monday. Wait, my checkup is next Monday. INSERT FACE. Good luck on the 7!

Judy – Glad the snow avoided the roads this weekend! So, you decided on a chair?! Yay!

Karen – Bummer on the pacing. I think I would be the same way – stressed. Other people would be depending on me and what if I screwed them up!? YAY!! A week of you time!!

Susan – Glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend! Holy crap on those dietary requirements haha. Vegan chocolate cake?! I would have to try it before I can judge. Haha.

Kathryn – Wow, nice job on the 15. Sorry that is sucked so bad. From what Karen was saying the weather was pretty awful in your area – that could have had something to do with it. Nice job pushing through! OH what happened with your co-worker?!

Sandy – Oh girl, I am so sorry that Winter just will not let up! I would probably be in a foul mood, too. Sorry Sad If I could take it away, I would! I am glad you had a great time yesterday. Thanksgiving food is always a WINNN. Tell you what, I will come out there and stay at your place for 2 weeks and then you will appreciate the alone time  Smile Hang in there!!

Ginny – I am sorry – I am going to have to put a big ol’ “THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID” at the end of your post. Haha. Only because your trainer is really hot. Really hot. Smile Nice job on the workout. How was Columbus???

Tessa – VERY GOOD POINT about peeing in the woods! How will the girls know!? Didn’t even think about that. Nice miles this morning and yesterday. Your schedule is exhausting. I guess Dick Clark liked lemons!

Kilmisters – You are having some crazy weather, too! Nice miles today! Nice miles the past 7 days too!

Margaret – Oh no!!! So sorry about your tooth! UGH that really sucks. Good luck on the root canal and hopefully they give you some pain meds to help you sleep! Hang in there!

Off to abs soon! Have a good evening all.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Diane:  sorry you're not feeling like yourself.  I have to stay consistent on my stretches for my piriformis, and it has kept the nagging feeling at bay.  I found that sitting on a small rectangular shaped hard foam on the spot really lessened the discomfort.  I keep one in my bag and another one in my car (for long drives).  The longer the distance that we run, it ups the risk for injuries.  One of the reasons why I'm slowing working towards longer distance races, just getting in some trail marathons and 50ks for now.  Getting the body and mind to get use to the distance.  Hope to run a 50 miler to finish off this year.

I'm glad I did Bataan too.  Just one of those races that I wanted to check off my bucket list.  Blisters are healing but I'm taping (not using band-aids) them when I run.  So far, so good.

Good luck on Flint Hills and Heartland.

Diana glad you did Bataan.  I've wanted to do that one and may some day when I can get out of the 4 state area.  Sorry about the blisters.

I did 6 on Saturday (95 min HCK) after the massage and wanted more but I was so tired.  Did 12 on Sunday and almost went ahead and did 6 more but called it quits.  21 for the week....oh well.  The stretch I do is for the piriformis and supposedly once it gets tight it can be triggered and can cause a cycle of pain.  He had no idea if the deer incident caused it but says it's common in runners.  I do 3 sets for a 5 second hold and holy cats it hurts.  The right side feels better already but the left (my problem side) still hurts.  I do this 2 times a day. Hopefully it'll be ok for the Flint Hills on the 21st.  Then Heartland 50k on May 5th.

Ran 10 on Friday.

Rest Saturday.

Rested Sunday instead of running planned 6 miler, nagging tightness just below right hip, so lots of stretching and foam rolling.  Watched the NCAA women's final game, a thriller bucket at the buzzer!! Holy Moly Love these games!!  The semi-finals on Friday went into OT, both games, and another nail-biter to the end.  Hope the men's final game today will be a cliff-hanger as well.

Ran 8 easy miles on trail today.

Registered for the Tuba City trail half marathon on April 8th, AZ.  There is a bike race as well and my brother will be riding in that.

Then the Shiprock Marathon on May 5 in NM.

Cathy (turtles) and I made plans to meet up tomorrow .......after they return from the train trip to the Grand Canyon.

Seloc:  congrats on the game won, WOOHOO!!  Kudos to you for handling those unpredictable emotional hormone driven outbursts from the girls, Oh my!! My MN RB is so tired of the weather up there too!  But she toughens it out like you do when she needs to run.

Lizzie:  glad all is well with your significant other.  You are some running machine lately!!

Karen:  having a break from DH can be liberating, I totally get it! LOL!! My DH is a total gear-head too. WTG on those 16 miles! I can't wait to hear of your Boston RR.

Oops, I gotta go.  Phone reminding me that I have a meeting in a few.  Hello to others I missed.

Bikerchick1

Diane - I am sure with your CHronic kidney disease you must monitor your urine closely!  Probably dumb question, but what is HCK?

Damarias - Hope your appointment went well.  Thoughtful of you to go to funeral/memorial today.

Judy - You always amaze me with all the interesting things you do!

Karen - Although you would be an awesome pacer, I would be a little relieved not to have to stress about that right before Boston.  A week alone...😀!

Sue - Sounds like a busy weekend!

Kat - The trip is next March - long ways away, but we have a “test” hike to do in June of 19 miles.  The Coach (organizer) makes sure that you are able to do the long hike before you can proceed to the long hikes on the trip.  Sorry about the “meh” run...but you did it!!!

Sandy - Sorry about the “no good mood”...I am over this weather too!!!  Actually going to do a half this weekend with RB, going to play with pacing Smile.  Hope the weather cooperates for you by the weekend.

Tessa - Very good point that females can’t tell what color is coming out LOL...

Elina - Snowstorm...ugh!  When does your winter end?

Ginny - Younhave been very consistent with the gym!  I wish I was doing the same.

Margaret - Hope the root canal is over and you are felling better!

Nice run with RB’s this afternoon.  Weather is going to be bad for a couple of days...ugh..so over it!

carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got off work early today for last day of spring break. I think they took pity on the few of us who came in. No snow, I think it stayed about 30 minutes north. Fine with me. Stopped by Holabird Sports for new shoes and got a hair cut. Did upper body weights and core work.

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, ouch on your tooth! One of the things they never seem to mention about getting older...that at some point you will bite down on a piece of food and find half your molar is lying on your tongue. Nobody warns us that teeth break just from normal wear and tear. Wish we were like sharks who grow a new one when the old one breaks. 2 sets of teeth aren't enough. Apparently elephants grow six sets during their lifetimes but still a good many of them die of starvation after the sixth set is worn down.

Work work work...this is getting worse and worse. I did manage to get out for 4.14 at lunchtime.

dhuffman63

Trails

Carol my abbreviation for Half Crazy K 2.0.  LOL.