Womens Running

Tune up Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

For Judy getting her car fixed today.

Judy-happy cardio days!

Camille-I did see that moon Sunday morning. it was a pretty. made my day to write the "RR" too. I didn't drive there so was at the mercy of driver but 45 minutes in line for chocolate seemed much for me also.  first time race that says they will work on logistics problems for next year.

Amy-speed may also play a part too with tummy issues, you're going faster vs in an ultra.  not sure if this would work for you, but try eating a banana or mini bagel or something small before your short runs too. Gets you used to having something in gut when you start. I would take a gel at the 45 minute mark of a run if I knew I was going out for 1.5 hours so that helps get tummy used to them too I think.

Laura-storms bad here but we (or dd's school) didn't lose power.

Carol-congratulations!!! can't wait to hear more about the wedding, and mom-in-law!  Can she top this?  At nephew's wedding the brides mom (who all knows is a bit unbalanced) got mad at bride for taking so long with getting hair/makeup ready (I think she wanted to have hers done or worked on more) and told her daughter, the bride "You know, this day isn't all about you!"  Ummm... if there is ever a day when it's about you it is on your wedding day. Said in front of all bridesmaids and my sister-in-law, mom of groowm. Sheesh. Pictures. We want pictures!!!

Sue-don't blame dogs for not wanting to swim to go to the bathroom.

Karen-hope the grocery thing goes well!

Tessa-there will be chocolate on Satruday at our annual "Running Fest" party with the same folks plus more. Its a party with no running but where we talk incessantly about our races with no shame, and we show off the year's bling, and drink and eat.  Good to be around people who understand and appropriately ahhh over a spinning medal.

Marjorie-pilates for an hour is not a rest day but no running so that's restful.

Off to gym for 30 minutes on something.  Last 15 minutes on tm last night I had it at the 100% point and felt okay.  Still a spot on front of knee that is there but for the most part tightness is gone.  They really worked some tendon area on the front inner side of shin and the calf. ouch!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Big grin Big grin Lisa, thanks for the good wishes! Car is in shop. Brake line and exhaust system after that. OH is a rust state for sure. They use a salt brine on the roads here and it stays up under the car easier than rock salt (thereby causing the rust). Sad Roll eyes

Yesterday was 50 minutes of cardio with jogging intervals throughout. Today may be similar. Not sure when car will be done, etc. The cardio DVDs help a lot.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Lisa - we fared okay in the storm, as well.  I guess there was a tornado north of here and I-75 by Waters was closed due to trees down.  Yikes.

Judy - glad the car is getting a tune up, lots of salt used here, too.

4.7 with running buddy this morning.  I didn't end up doing anything yesterday.  At about 4:00 my throat started to hurt (felt fine all day, just tired) and decided to bag the after work run, which was fine since it was still really windy.  Got home and decided I felt too crappy to go to weight class.  Not feeling great today, either, sinus headache and throat still a bit sore.  But, an invigorating run and hot shower seemed to help.  We'll see how I feel by the end of the day.  I have no sick time until January, which typically I never use for myself anyway.  But, would be nice to curl back up in bed....

Hi to Tessa, Karen, Camille, Sue, Ginny (where is Ginny?), Damaris, Gatsby, Marjorie, Carol.....and all to follow Big grin

ginnyb

Hi everyone,

I have been missing in action I know.  Injured my back somehow, don't know if it was the weight lifting or lifting the Christmas Boxes in the attic, carrying them down 2 flights of stairs, then back up one flight.  Yep, guess the combination would do that!  Anyway, today, for the first time in over a week, it feels pretty good, but still can't move a certain way.  Both elbows are killing me also.  Beginning to wonder if age is finally catching up with me.  Maybe I should just stick to the running and forget the weights...don't know.  Still planning on running a 5K on Thanksgiving morning with my DD though.

When I am not exercising I feel like I can't post and I don't know why, cause that is just silly.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, good luck with the car repairs. My turn comes up Friday. I have a clicking sound when I start mine but it goes away.

Lisa, 45 min is longer than I would wait, even for chocolate, esp when I'm cold after a race. Your get together sounds like fun.

Carol, I'm with Lisa and would love to see pics. I'm so glad it was a lovely day!

Laura, I'm glad your family is OK. Tornados are so awful and would even be worse in cold weather..

Tessa, you get points for creativity for turning off the water. : )

Cindy, I'm going to copy your example and try to do 20 min exercise or a mile each day between now and New Year's. Glad I saw that Facebook note. I'd forgotten that streaking helped last year.

Marjorie, my mom is better than at the end of Sept. Pain is still an issue, but is better with patches. The bladder emptying is an issue and we're still adjusting meds to avoid another cath. She's still getting PT, to her dismay and at my insistence. It is helping. She needs someone to check on her every day and to stay when there's an acute change or with med changes like over past weekend, but she never wakes us when she gets up at night. However, the prodigal bro is insisting we stay at night and the rest of us are trying to keep the peace.  Bro who travels >2 hours (prodigal's twin) had heavy discussion with him yesterday about hiring someone. We'll see. Thanks for asking.  I wrote a longer saga, then  cut some.  One way to vent.  : )

Running?? Nearly forgot the point here. I got in 45" yesterday very easy and will do about 3 today. I'd paid for a 5k - at 2p- Sun and still didn't get to go since bro was late. We were changing meds and did need to be there.  Mammogram and bone density this a.m, then major leaf blowing on drive this afternoon. I almost couldn't get up my steep drive on Sun evening, there were so many wet ones. : )

Modified to add:

Ginny, I hope your back gets better fast. Carrying the xmas boxes up and down stairs might do it to me.  The weight lifting is supposed to keep us being able to do that, right?

Laura, I hope you feel better, too.

Howdy!  Cool this morning must have scared the running group away.  I was the only one.  It is only 48F people!  Had a nice 5.1 mile run anyway.

One of the bosses from HQ is here today and tomorrow.  We get along fine, but he has set up in my office so I have to behave. Wink

Judy--Still no car?  Ugh.

Lisa--The wedding day is not "all about the bride"?  She seriously said that?  OMG

Tessa--I hope you can keep DH in radiation.  Good luck.

Laura--hope you are not getting sick.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

Well, once I figured out the grocery pickup, it was very cool. I got there and parked in a spot with a sign that said "Grocery Pickup - Park Here". Makes sense, or so I thought. I waited about 10 minutes and no one came. The sign said to Call for Attendent, but the part with the phone number was blank. So I found my email, logged into the website and called customer service. Eventually talked to a nice woman who looked up my account and said it was a brand new pickup place so she'd have to look up the number and call them for me. Waited, she came back on and told me there was a guy in a truck at the other end of the lot. Sure enough, there was, so I drove over and he loaded up my car. I told him I parked in the spots that said "Park Here" and he said he didn't like to park the truck up there because of all the cars not picking up groceries there. I told him that was okay, but then they needed to do something about the signs that said to Park There. Because nothing on the website says it is just going to be a guy in one of their trucks in a parking lot, so even though I saw the truck, I didn't know that was where I was supposed to go. Frustrating at the time, and what should have taken 5 minutes took 20, but now that I know, I should be able to get it done in 5. Quality of produce and meat (which was a concern) was very good.

After that frustration I felt like a rest day. Realized I hadn't taken one in quite some time, and I probably should take one or two the week before a 50 miler. Tonight I will either do the bike ride I blew off yesterday or run a few easy miles.

Ginny, sorry about the back problems - that stinks!

Lisa, 100%?!? You are getting there! How exciting.

Judy, when we lived in CA DH would always point out all the old cars on the road, because they didn't need to use salt out there and cars lasted forever. Here they go crazy overboard with salt since we don't get many storms. There will be speed bump sized lumps of salt in the streets for weeks after an inch of snow.

Laura, feel better. Hope you're not coming down with something!

camille, glad your mom is doing better, but sorry you have to deal with so much of it.

Susan, two whole days of behaving? That could be tough. We are getting a bunch of remodeling done at our offices over the holidays and everyone is working from home for two weeks. Except my boss wants me to come in and work out of her house a couple days - so I will have a couple days of behaving thrown in there.

Lunch today with former boss and VP of engineering at previous job. Will be fun to catch up on the gossip, and they are kind enough to come into town and meet me at a restaurant just around the corner from my office.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. Trying to take the runs slow and not do the miles I want. I'm in ATL the rest of the week and my favorite hilly neighborhood. Will be hard to not run my normal miles.

Lisa as glad the running is coming back. We told you it would?

Ginny it probably is the combination that brought on the back pain

nice run Laura.

Camille glad she is getting some better. Family drama is hard.

Karen  you sound like me with not taking rest days. I've made up for my lack of taking them with all the extra days off these last few weeks.

Marjorie

annieSusan

4 miles this afternoon, after waiting for it to warm up a bit. Tomorrow my Wednesday swim group starts up again. I am looking forward to it. I have been swimming some, but  always push myself harder with this group.

Lisa, good to see you improving. Marjorie, you are doing a super job taking care of yourself.  Judy, hope the car repairs go well. Tessa, thinking about you.  LC and Ginny, hope you are both feeling better. Carol, congrats on DDs wedding! Amazing comment from her MIL. Camille, sounds like you have you hands full right now. Karen, interesting about the grocery pre-order thing. Once you know the system, might be very handy. Sue, nice job getting out there in the chilly morning.

Did you all read the RW article about the November Project? One of the guys on the front cover was a lifeguard at the same pool with my DS #1 when DS was in high school. it was fun to see his picture.

Good runs, all.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Been slacking major time due to my trial today.  But it is done.  Not sure if I won this one, it is close.

I just wanted to say hello.  I'll be back with shoutouts tomorrow, I promise!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page