Womens Running

FALL IS IN THE AIR, DIVAS (Read 16 times)

gsdrunner

Morning! Post!

gsdrunner

Busy morning.... but thats normal.

RR: Ran in the morning outside, loved it. I totally miss it. 4 miles yesterday. Today I am not sure. I would love to make it to the gym for cycling but that depends on M and breakfast. She has been taking an hour to eat.

NRR: We are official house owners -- no more mortgage. It was really surreal since they gave us a simple receipt after the payment balance. Everything else will take 90 days to get all the paperwork.  M is doing well. Terrible twos have started. Its not too bad, but the tantrums manageable. J and I are dealing with it the same way. So, she has stability that way.  I can't wait to go up North for some hiking and grandparent visiting.

Sassy: to answer you question from last week... I have nothing planned. I am thinking about doing the Sham Half marathon in March 2014. With all the changes going on I haven't been training like I need to. I may do a 5k or 10k but nothing LD.

taylorma1

gsd-congrats on owning your home now!

RR: easy 4 miles this morning. Marathon in 4 days. Yikes! I am really excited but not too happy about the weather. It's supposed to be 84 for a high and humid. Not ideal at all

NRR: hard to concentrate this week with my marathon this weekend, but I am being productive as I can. Maybe get out a little early (like 9:15pm ha) today, so looking forward to that

POrun

Morning... It's just rainy here and glum.

RR: Today is a SRD.

NRR: I'm not my normal happy self right now. Please send prayers or good vibes to my family as my dad has been sick off and on for the past several weeks resulting in ER visits and hospital stays, and they couldn't find anything. Yesterday they finally did, and they are now testing him for pancreas cancer after finding a spot... I'm trying to stay optimistic considering my experience with cancer this year, but it's hard to constantly stay positive. I have school tonight after work, so long day....

Sorry for the downer.

GSD: Congrats on paying off the mortgage.

taylor: Wow, that marathon came up fast! You're ready and will do great!

Have a great day ladies.

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: 3 miles this morning on the TM at the gym. M and I are trying to get back into the "wake up at 4.45 mode"  again. We've been struggling the last three weeks or so.

NRR: work, meetings..... then home! haha. I'm working a bit after work right now, but it's for habitat for humanity. I'm doing a 3 dimensional rendering for them, so I'm working on it in my off hours. I have a few after hours meetings/ dinners for work, etc happening this week too.  Looking forwad to the weekend and hopefully doing.... nothing.

gsd: "whistle, cheering"!!!! that is awesome on the no more mortgage!  that must be sooo nice to not have one anymore.

taylor: I totally understand not being able to concentrate with a marathon this weekend. hope tapering hasn't been killing you too much!

Po: sending good vibes and prayers your way and your dad's way! sorry about the stress! must be scary right now. hugs girl.

SassySparky

RR: just got back from a wonderful run with my new running partner J! She is a stay at home mom to a 2.5 year old boy and we now have a standing run date once a week and maybe more! We really hit it off and have a lot in common, at least enough to make an hour long run fly by. I'm really happy, and look forward to getting to know her and her family a little better. She even offered to watch G if we ever need help if day care closes or he is sick. Anyways I did 8.5 this morning, 7 of which were with J. I was going to do a cutback week but I decided to switch it with next week because Big D will be out of town, and running all of my weekday miles on the treadmill was not appealing. It's okay though because I actually had a cutback week two weeks ago.

NRR: G woke up 3 times in the middle of the night! That never happens! So I've actually been up since about 4:15, and was also up from 3-330. Gonna be a long day and lots of coffee! We also have appointments to see 4 houses and 2 townhouses this Sunday! Now we need to meet with a mortgage broker. Things are moving forward in all areas of life and I feel good about that!

im gonna do personals when I get to work because I have a hard time doing it in my phone browser and maybe I'll get to say hi to more divas!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Ok time for personals!

GSD - congrats on being home owners! That's great that you already paid off your mortgage! I have heard the terrible twos start around 22 months ... good luck! It's great that you and J are on the same page on how to deal with tantrums. Kids thrive on consistency!

Taylor - holy moly I can't believe it's already marathon time for you!

PO - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. I am sending you all good thoughts.

Lizo - It's hard to wake up early when it's so dark out now. good job getting those 3 miles done!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

PO - Keeping your dad and your family in my thoughts.

melrunner

GSD, how awesome that you are official houseowners!!

Taylor, 84 for the high? That’s not even our low right now!!! Where is it?

PO, oh no. please keep me updated. I’ll definitely add him to my prayer request.

Lizo, Good luck with waking up that early!

Sassy, how awesome that you hit it off with your running partner!!

TriR: 8 miles after work tonight.

NTriR: Bubbles is doing much better. Vet gave her IV’s last night and she had a lot more energy this morning. AF came to visit me as well. Yuck. This guy is coming in today so it’s going to be a long day.

But the best news is that I’m negative on the BRAC TESTING!!! I DON’T HAVE THE MUTATION ON THE BREAST CANCER GENE!!! YIPEE!!!!!

TXAginMS

I'm so late to the party today. Sorry!!

PO: Tons of good vibes and prayers for your dad. Im so sorry that he's going through this.

RR: 3.6 last night with the Beer Run Club. We had 30 people show up last night for the group run!!!! I am blown away by the response. Last week we had 20. The leader of the other running group had sent me a scathing email earlier yesterday saying that we were killing running for the downtown area and that its going to burn out and we won't continue to get this response. However, when most peope left yesterday, they shook my hand and said "see you next monday, thank you so much for putting this together." I was really doubting myself prior to the run so I'm hoping we continue to have good success. Our community desperately needs good things going on in it, especially activities that get people outside and moving!!  Tonight I'm running 4 with my RP. My coach hasn't gotten me a plan yet. He says he hasn't forgotten about me but Im getting a little discouraged but hopefully he will pull through, I haven't paid him yet.

NRR: My friends 4 month old puppy was stolen from his yard on Sunday night. This morning he put up posters that said "Reward for the return" and what do you know, within two hours the puppy was "found". People make me sick. Right now I'm avoiding my cell phone. My coworker who has been on maternity leave for 4 weeks has been working from home. She's driving me nuts. I get at least 15 emails a day but today she's been constantly texting me on my personal cell phone with things she needs done. I finally turned my phone off and told her it died. The constant buzzing is killing me. Is this week over yet!?!?!

lizo_77

hi all! check in extremely late. Hope your day has gone well so far. I'm soooo done with today. I'm dragging. Hoping to wake up tomorrow morning early again to get back into the swing of early wake up calls!

sassy: sorry about G waking up so much last night! Hope that means he's super tired tonight and sleeps through the night!

mel: hugs on AF's arrival! and glad bubbles is doing better!

tex: hope the week goes faster for you! sorry about the coworker on maternity leave. She needs to switch off! that's the point of being on maternity leave! congrats on the strong showing for the beer run! it's all in the name!

ok, later! and see you tomorrow!