Womens Running

Wheeeeee - it's the Weekend (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

I did see this evening that they cancelled the half.....he must have made the decision this morning.

Marjorie - what a small world!

1 hour on the DM....jumped off every 15 minutes for planks, weights, etc.  makes it go by quicker!

Laura - are you doing Bayshore?

carol

Hi all!  Was a very nice weekend with sisters and family here in chilly Detroit.  Used the TM at the hotel.  1 mile flat, 1 mile walking at 15% incline and 1 mile at a -3% incline.  Later that night sciatic nerve started to act up.  Not sure if it's from the tm (which did feel a bit off in terms of resistance), from the negative incline on a tm, from sleeping on air mattress on floor or combination of all.  Pretty sure sciatic since it's that sharp pain in right butt cheek that just throbs down leg and even has some tingling sensation in areas of leg.  I swear I feel like I have a tooth ache with it even throbbing north of the glute.  subsides during most of day (along with 3 Advils) but evening and morning are bad.  Getting into car horrible. Sitting on heating pad at the moment and hoping that helps it to relax.

Tessa-nice mileage although on pavement?  ouch.  Sis is good with us heading up there Wed-Friday.  Up to us if we want to spend all time in Sonoma, all in San Fran (apartment overlooking the Ferry Building), or divvy it up between the two.

Cindy-hope no colds find you!

Karen-I'm sure that you'll find a new pilates instructor but that is sort of funny.

Damaris-sounds like the HM went well.

Marjorie-hope the pool comes back!

Laura-I hear ya on the weather not being cooperative!

Carol-good call on skipping the race.  This cold hurts the eyes and the lungs..just not worth it.

Gatsby-hope the early spring doesn't mess things up there.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, not a birthday run (my birthday is in May) however it could count for one since I will be 52 this year. And I will be on the road that day, I know.

Carol, right now I am wearing both an ActiveLink and a Fitbit and have not synched my Fitbit to WW. I intend to deactivate the AL shortly since WW is phasing them out and use the Fitbit for everything.

Laura, moving is one way to clean out the house. I have cleaned out a lot this past year, it helps to decide to get it all out and go for it.

2 miles this morning, I woke up late but still wanted to do a little before WW. Still paying but was only 2.2 above goal weight. A couple more weeks of mindful eating and I should be back to goal.

And an interesting announcement at church this morning. Those lovely examples of tolerance and brotherly love, the Phelps family, AKA Westboro Baptist Church (the group that all other Baptists don't want anything to do with), are coming to town. They plan to picket the Academy Awards in the evening, but rather than go to the beach or to Disneyland they intend to come picket some of the Santa Clarita churches next Sunday morning. Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Foursquare Gospel, and us (Episcopalians). We were referred to as the St. Stephen's Dog Kennel by one Ms. Shirley Phelps in the comments section of the local news station. I might add that I take great offense to being described as "an adulterer in a place founded by an adulterer for his convenience" or words to that effect. Of all the sins I've committed in my time, adultery is not one of them -- despite both motive and opportunity. http://scvnews.com/2015/02/13/hate-church-planning-to-picket-in-scv/
        Next Sunday should be an interesting experience if they do actually show up.