Womens Running

Happy Friday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

See? We did it! It's almost the weekend!    Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I stopped off for a few groceries and then did 35 minutes of working with my breathing during my track run. I also use the deep breathing when I go up stairs and it is really effective!

Track run today, some biking tomorrow, and a hike, I think. I really need to do some spinning work at home. I have a little gizmo with pedals on it that we got for DH to exercise his legs. I think I'll try it.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was too busy yesterday traveling back and forth to Broward and running to even check here, sorry!  I did 9 miles in the AM, and Pilates and 4 miles in the PM yesterday.  Today, I am planning on doing some hill mile intervals on the TM, 8 miles or so.

Judy, yay, 6 more hours for my weekend to start!  Enjoy the track and the hike.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Morning! All dental work done. My dentist is actually pretty cool. He's a runner, so we talk local running gossip and racing.

Pilates after work tonight. Then a little longer runs tomorrow and Sunday. The weekend weather is supposed to be gorgeous, and I'm trying to get my weekly mileage at least over 40 average the next few weeks, and hopefully closer to 50 before starting marathon training at the end of the month.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!  Rest day today, Grandman Sprint Tri tomorrow in Fairhope, AL.  Spending the night with a friend over there.  With all the rain we have had there was great concern about water quality.  They say bacterial levels are ok......that is not very reassuring.  lol

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay FRIDAY!

Slept in this morning, but headed for the gym at lunchtime. And hoping to get out a little early today since we are close to Staples Center and Game 6 is scheduled to start at 6 PM today. This is when we wish the Kings hadn't made the playoffs...

camille2

Camille--I just read that story about the 91 y/o marathoner.  Wow!  See--we just have to outlast everyone else!

Anonymous Guest

How about this story?

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/91-year-old-to-run-sundays-san-diego-marathon

One of my coworkers emailed me this link with the subject "This is going to be you some day". My response was "I hope so!"

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 miles this am.  Dh made his connection because they landed a bit early.  He made it by 10 min.  If they hadn't landed early he wouldn't have made it.

Been busy today.  I did more corrections on the big work project. They just do not understand the limitations on this project.  I've been redoing all of our web page and all the sub pages.  Some of it is not that easy to program.  I finally sent an email to the guy at IT and he responded so they could see that it wasn't me and it is a limitation. Changing one thing can alter the formatting.  It is frustrating.

I've spent way too many hours on this project already. One thing if it is a typo but when you keep changing and wanting something underlined you need to realize that underlining is not that easy.

Karen hope Pilates went well

Waves to everyone.  Off to do a practice run of getting the pups into DH's SUV as he has to take them to puppy pool tomorrow and it is so much higher than his car was so we need to make sure we can get them in.  I have a hair appointment tomorrow so I won't be going to puppy pool.  Plus I have a ton of travel in June and one is over a weekend so that will be another Sat DH will have to take them.

Marjorie

Yes Happy Friday!

Judy-you'll be that hamster spinning the wheel then!

Camille-love the line about when she feels like a 91 year old only after finishing a marathon.

Marjorie-formatting on web is a huge pain.  I copy all into notepad to remove editing then copy into the content management system. then put in the html coding.

gym this morning doing lower body workout. tomorrow heading to Potto with 2 fav trail run buddies.  yeah!!  it's been over 1.5 years since we've all ran together.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Wow. I want to be that lady when I grow up.

However, going to RWOL makes me sad. I spent so many years signing in there every day. Now when I go to the site I usually have to log in because I haven't been there in at least 30 days.