Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 10 miles tonight.

Liz, enjoy the rest!

Laura, nice run!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, if you keep with Lisa, she will have you doing a 50K before you know it!!!  Smile

Lizzie, what a continued pain about your Fenix.  At least you have a back up!  Good luck today with the overloading at HCF's family. Hopefully today can be as fun as yesterday.

Damaris, quit you coughing woman!!!!  Here's to you being 100% at GC.  Glad you found a cheapie car for the weekend.  Krispie Kreme, funny.

Karen, hope your weekend trip is/was fun fun fun!!!  I kinda got my hair touched up and trimmed last week too!!

Hi HCK!

Laura, nice to see your BRF!  Cool you're still friendly with the ex's fam.

Shorty run this morning.  Nice to get out, but I am screwed for this coming weekend.  I will make both half's, but in what condition, I don't know...  Bummer I have to bring lots of gear - trail and road - different stuff/shoes/etc...  And it looks rather chilly for the start.  (Ducks for safety.)

Sad to see the news this morning about the bombings in Sri Lanka.  3 in tourist hotels.  We didn't stay in any, but we did stay in a sister hotel in a different town of one that was bombed.  Scary.  So sad that the violence had ceased for many years it was considered safe again.  And at least 30 foreign tourists were killed.

Not much else.  Besides a short fill in morning yesterday, I had a relaxing weekend.  I do go to work this afternoon, since we are 24/7, we are always there...  Except of course when we don't have a doctor.

Happy Easter Sunday everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Liz, floorball-free evenings are a bit unusual, but now there are runs that fill them Smile Well, at least those I can adjust in terms of when (right after work or at 8pm, for example) and where.

Damaris, hoping you feel better! But it's good to know smth that works (Gatorade in your case).

Laura, ex MIL/FIL/SIL/BIL? Wow... That... Is one hell of a combo.

Kat, a 50k? Uhhm.. Let me survive the first 42k first Smile Distance PB is currently at 22.8k. So, you're racing a trail race after road race? Wow, challenging! I assume a scenario where the road one is first would be slightly easier, no?

Since the Race Calendar thread has died, I'll ask stupid question - so, based on some of the posts, you guys are running a marathon next week; so - Karen, Liz, who else? Smile Honest question.

10mi LR today. We (me and DH) drove to a city that has nice trails and did some loops so it ended up being 4mi-3.5mi-2.5mi trails-road-trails. The wind on the road section was huge (riverside!). Also, we intentionally picked a steep hill at the last half mile to torture the tired legs a bit. When I got on top of that hill my breathing sounded/felt like that of a lifelong cigar smoker that has been forced to walk up 20-story building stairs. But hey - trail race next weekend! So this ''how can we make this run more difficult'' approach was because of that.

Edit: a corgi ran with us for 3mi. He/she was so, so excited; we were wondering when he/she will run out of gas. Took 30+mins Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yesterday I made the mistake of going to Walmart for a few things. People are assholes. 3.7 miles in the afternoon. Today I ran 10, including some in Gunpowder Falls State Park. I had no idea there was a legal entrance into it. Beautiful morning too.

Lizzie, if this is a goal race, I'd skip Body Pump this week.

Kilmisters

Yesterday I made the mistake of going to Walmart for a few things. People are assholes. 3.7 miles in the afternoon. Today I ran 10, including some in Gunpowder Falls State Park. I had no idea there was a legal entrance into it. Beautiful morning too.

Lizzie, if this is a goal race, I'd skip Body Pump this week.

NOT a shocking statement, unfortunately Sad

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

We're back home! Long drive (almost three hours) for one day, but the dogs did much better this time, plus we figured out some more things. A few short trips to iron out the problems before our longer vacation in the van end of June. Of course that one will be without dogs, which will be a lot easier. Of course I didn't sleep well, plus the dogs decided they had to go out at midnight and again at 6 am. By the time they did their thing and we made coffee, the spot we'd scoped out for letting the play in the water and chase tennis balls had been taken by people fishing, so that was kind of a bust. They are plenty tired without much of that though. Van has been cleaned out, dogs and people cleaned up.

I was sort of reading the thread on my phone, but I am exhausted and still need to run to the store for something for dinner, so I'll skip personals for now. Except for replying to this - I don't think I left anyone out.

Since the Race Calendar thread has died, I'll ask stupid question - so, based on some of the posts, you guys are running a marathon next week; so - Karen, Liz, who else? Smile Honest question.

Full: Liz, Lisa, Margaret, Damaris, Lori, me

Half: Sandy, Cathy, Carol, Ginny, Kathryn, Laura

I think Lisa, Margaret, Lori and Kathryn are doing the trail half the day before.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Sorry, I let the race calendar die... so few of us were using it...  Yes, I'm in for the Glass City marathon on Sunday and the trail HM on Saturday (along with Lori, Kat, and Lisa).  And yes, anyone who has NOT had their hair done yet, please get on it, 'k?  

Did the Napa Valley 50k yesterday.  One of my favorite races, so darn hard but also so darn rewarding.  About 8000' of elevation gain but so, so beautiful.  For anyone not on FB:

Karen, sounds like a successful trip.  You're wise to do some test rides before the big trip.  CO right?

HCK, pretty place for a run!  I love how fresh and green everything is in the spring.  Sounds like you have been there before via a less-than-legal entrance?

Kilmisters, nice run, especially adding the steep hill at the end.  That will make a difference over time, trust me.  That's a seriously fit corgi.  His legs must have been all of five inches long?

Kat, hope work is tolerable and no one brings in a dog that ate an Easter basket full of candy.

Damaris, way to score a cheap rental car for Detroit!  Enjoy your run tonight.

Lizzie, I agree with HCK, skip the strength work on the legs this week if you want them to be fresh for GC.  Hope you get the Garmin stuff resolved, annoying that it happened but sounds like they're being responsive.

LC, nice that you are on good terms with the ex's family.  Fun that you had running buddies yesterday.  I was chatting with random people during my trail race yesterday and it really helps the time pass.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gatsby Bird, there are some off shoots of the trails closer to my house. The trails themselves are legal, it's crossing the BGE powerline area that technically isn't. There is also another entrance off another street. The neighborhood watch group was complaining about dumping back there and that horrible people painted white & orange rectangles on the trees   This was the first time I have gotten to the Big Gunpowder trail, which runs 11 miles or so--it may be a nice option for longer runs in the summer. It's mostly flat.