Womens Running

White Christmas Weekend (over 40) (Read 19 times)

run yesterday went well. 3.4 paved in state park as it started to drizzle.

The he movie was good. The "tradition" isn't mine. It's dd creating this one actually. Her and a friend of hers, along with family but it's her saying we have to go. Neat.

Gym today day for a couple of hours. Drove to pickup dd from Texas who drove up with another girl for holidays.

While led I was gone dh attempted making Christmas sugar cookies. Called all frustrated that dough wasn't sticking together right. Finally he admitted "apparently there are steps you have to follow  I was supposed to mix butter and sugar first. Step one."  what does one say to that?  He had thrown all ingredients into bowl and mixed together.

Lisa

camille2

Gatsby, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding.  I had to smile at the Solstice celebration. Ones in Alaska are much more likely to involve quantities of beer and maybe a few fireworks or bonfires. : )

Lisa, it's nice to read you're getting a few miles outside.

Carol, DD and I were talking about her mother-in-law's  huge change in her behavior at the wedding.  She thinks her husband's brother and wife had a talk with her after she behaved badly the day of arrival.  Did your DD's MIL ever start speaking to your DD? I hope her Christmas celebration is better than Thanksgiving.

Demaris, I hope you get some rest. Sounds like it's been much too busy.

Karen, your poor hubby!  At least he is OK. Maybe 2014 will be a luckier year for him.

Marjorie, I don't know if I've ever had homemade cheese straws.  I'll have to ck out a recipe.  By the way, I just read Charleston was rated 5 on best cities in the world to visit.  It was the only US one.  : )

Busy day ahead...I need to finish  sewing mug rugs we started, pick up groceries, wrap and cook.

Hello to anyone I missed!