Womens Running

When will it END WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

I finally sat down this afternoon and mapped out my long run plan from now until BB100. I feel a little better about things having done that, although I'm not sure I'll be able to get a 50 miler in as a race, and I doubt I will be able to do it by myself so it may be two days, 30 and 20. I have a lot of running to do in the next few months!

Sandy, I laughed. And then I looked at the flights again - flight out isn't until 2:55 pm, whew. I went back and forth between that one and one that was at 5:30 or so and decided to throw caution to the wind. Of course you know I'll be worrying about it the entire time.

Ginny, enjoy the rest day.

Elina, of course you can do that race! You've been training your little butt off.

Do 50

on the TM.  #eveniamnotcrazyforthat

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Pic from the awfully hot trail race last week! Hoping it won't be that bad in 3wks!

My BIL had to point out that shadows make some stuff look like extra fat, but, as certain politician would say - fake news Smile (sorrrry!)

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles. Really dragging, it was hot and my legs were shot from yesterday. Probably didn't help I keep waking up every damn night at 12:30 and then 4:45--probably means I need to back off the mileage a bit.

I cringe at a 7am start, no way could I do a 5am start unless it was on the west coast.

Lizzie, hope the tasting went ok.

Docket, hope you can get the BP under control without too many side effects.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, Wild Hare Trail is Nov 17th in Warda, TX.  They have a 50 miler.  Just sayin...

Smile

Hi to everyone else.  Lazy day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Karen, Wild Hare Trail is Nov 17th in Warda, TX.  They have a 50 miler.  Just sayin...

Smile

Hi to everyone else.  Lazy day.

K

That is tempting. I'm a little afraid to run 50 miles that close, but I had my last long run that weekend, tentatively 28 miles. I could do the 50K. Need to check with my other running coach and see if she'll be around for the group run, but this has lots of potential.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, it is a Tejas Trails race.

The 50 mile has a 3.5 mile loop, then six 7.8 mile loops.

The 50K is just 4 loops which is what I am going to do.

You could always sign up for the 50miler and drop whenever it feels right.  I don't remember the course well, and I only did the 10K, but I don't think it is a terribly hard one.   Let me ask a friend.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Intermittent posting alert!

Got in some nice trail miles while up north Monday and Tuesday mornings. 7.25 on Monday on the 10k loop.  Yes. I took a couple of wrong turns but figured it out before going too far on the 25k loop. 3.2 on Tuesday with DC before he had to head down to conference. Worked remote during the day. Was there for a big conference that DC was participating in. this morning was gym workout. Will run outside tomorrow morning. signed up to be a sweeper at a trail half marathon on Saturday. Will get some slow easy distance in plus a $30 voucher. I could have had the time count and get a medal. Pass on the DFL. LOL

Lizzie-I won't ask because I can pretty much gather what happened and there's no need to repeat the unpleasantness. I do hope all can smooth out.

Laura-nice run!

Carol-Yeah for your retirement! Are you doing North Country this year?

Damaris-so how's the weather down there? LOL

Diane-Yeah for being careful but still getting the miles in! If the sex is on a stick and deep fried, I'd be too tired too.

Sandy-"we are all about things on a stick here"... made me laugh. I don't know that I would say you're out of shape because the 400's didn't feel good.  More like you just chose the kind of run that was uncomfortable for a short time. LOL A nooner, huh?

Karen-a marathon in Tupelo on Labor Day sounds lovely. Yeah, right. I've been listening to some Trail Runner Nation podcasts and they are really helpful. The matter of factness of how they approach the mental part is pretty cool. Please for the love of God, don't listen to Damaris about the 50 miles on the TM. How about finding a 12 or 24 hour event? I would think you need further out for the 50 miler than 11-17.

Ginny-so glad you signed up for Woodstock!

Elina-24k... I'd say you're golden with that distance! LOL on the pic.. at first I thought maybe something was escaping your bra.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Lisa, sounds like you got some nice trails in. I was thinking the same about the 50 that close, I'd like to do one end of October or beginning of November. I found one the last weekend in October in Kansas, and that would be a new state for me, but still thinking. I hadn't thought much about timed runs, which is stupid since I think I like them (although I've not done more than 6 hours).

My speedy neighbor wants me to write him a half training plan that is higher mileage for the November half we're all doing, both to train for the half but also build his base for Boston next year. Pretty much what i did for myself last year. I gave him a few ideas of what I'd do and he said it sounded perfect. Now I just need to write him the plan, and then have him win the race. And I think he could - he is super fast on 30-40 miles/week. I will probably not get him up to 75 miles/week like I did for myself, but I think a few weeks in the 60s would be good for him.

Just finished reading Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris (new book by the author of the book I was reading in Fargo that I told you all to read). Not nearly as good. Hard to get into it because I just didn't care about the characters.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Lisa, sounds like you got some nice trails in. I was thinking the same about the 50 that close, I'd like to do one end of October or beginning of November. I found one the last weekend in October in Kansas, and that would be a new state for me, but still thinking. I hadn't thought much about timed runs, which is stupid since I think I like them (although I've not done more than 6 hours).

My speedy neighbor wants me to write him a half training plan that is higher mileage for the November half we're all doing, both to train for the half but also build his base for Boston next year. Pretty much what i did for myself last year. I gave him a few ideas of what I'd do and he said it sounded perfect. Now I just need to write him the plan, and then have him win the race. And I think he could - he is super fast on 30-40 miles/week. I will probably not get him up to 75 miles/week like I did for myself, but I think a few weeks in the 60s would be good for him.

Just finished reading Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris (new book by the author of the book I was reading in Fargo that I told you all to read). Not nearly as good. Hard to get into it because I just didn't care about the characters.

Go big or go home!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page