Womens Running

Well Done Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

Getting us over the hump!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Thanks for the Poto review.  I will most defintely watch out for the nail heads   II will pass on the info re: trail shoes to the other 2 RB's that are running.   I certainly understand your reserevation about running it since you will be just coming home the day before.  But, if you choose to be crazy and do it, it would be great!

Did not run yesterday, SDO.  Did more painting and errands. Will run after work, hopefully outside if there isn't freezing rain.

Read an interesting article on FB yesterday - basically putting in perspective for slower runners, that even thought we beat ourselves up thinking we should be faster....guess what.....the fast runners do the same thing, and that the work that goes into a 17 min 5k, is the same effort that a 30 min 5k.

Have a great day!

Carol

Good Morning!  Did group power class this morning.  Also had 5 miles on the schedule, but a)have a conference call this morning and b)yesterday's run sucked so I thought I needed a rest day.  Turns out THEY goofed and the call is an hour later.  Oh well.  I think I needed a rest day.

Tessa--I have tomato plants and lime for the yard, but it is too wet.  Hoping I can take care of that Friday or Sunday if it doesn't rain again.

I NEED to clean and paint but would rather sew.....  Yesterday I did walk Jake and then sewed all evening.

Carol--yes, I wish I was faster but have pretty much decided to be content with just moving.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

I have been way too productive this morning, so I'm taking an internet break. Good morning!

Last night's run went pretty well - 8 miles with 5x600 at 5K pace. I ran them at 6:50, which is what I want my 5K pace to be on Sunday. But with the way I was gasping for breath during parts of them, I don't know if that is going to happen. Tonight I have 11 miles on the schedule, but it may be raining and cold when I get off work. Temps are warming up and weather is drying out for the rest of the week, so I may do tomorrow's rest/xt tonight and ride my bike on the trainer in the basement, and save the 11 for tomorrow.

Carol, I read that article. It was good. No matter how fast you are, there is someone out there faster - and we're all just trying to do better than we did the last time. Okay, on Sunday I want to do better than all the other 45-59 year old girls, because this is the 5K that gives $100 to AG winners, but mostly I just want to run as fast as I can that day. Will there be 100 or more people running faster than me? Probably. And that's okay. And if the person with a 1,000 people in front of him/her runs as fast as they can that day, good for them. And we will probably both be struggling to catch our breath at the end. It's all relative.

DH is still out of town. I like it better when he's home, of course (and so does the dog, who had to keep getting up all night to check the front door for the boy's arrival), but is it wrong that I'm looking forward to a quiet night where I can just have cereal for dinner if I want? And yes, I did have cereal for dinner last night, and I might just have it again tonight. He comes home tomorrow, so I should probably thaw some sort of meat item and make a real dinner tomorrow. In which case I'd be better off running the 11 tonight.....sigh, stop raining out there!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.4 miles for me. Took pups to the pool since they will be closed this weekend.  Pilates in a bit.

It it was supposed to be sunny and warm. Nope. Cold and drizzly.

Marjorie

ginnyb

I will have to find that article about wanting to be faster, but I keep thinking, at my age, maybe I should not even be hoping for that anymore ya know?  There really is not much written about what to expect , runningwise, after the 60 yr old mark.  I have found a forum for over 60, but they don't post too much,  Oh well, just keep running as long and as far as I can.

Karen...not wrong of you at all to enjoy the alone time.  I do too, when my husband is gone for the evening or longer.  I am sure they probably feel the same way when we are gone, don't you think?  It is so nice not to have to think about dinner or anything else except for yourself!  Enjoy!

I did my DVD yesterday morning.  Hoping to maybe get outside and run tomorrow morning.

Hi Lisa, Carol, Sue, and Marjorie...

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Very late here but it's still Wednesday, at least on the west coast. Sorry not to get here earlier -- I had a site visit to a client this morning and then a conference call and after that had to go to Triple A to get replacement license plates for the van. (We lost one on Saturday.) Then to the body shop because the dealership couldn't put the new plates on, it needs spot welding.

And I stopped for the mail on the way home.

I opened the letter from Marjorie.

I cried.

Thank you so much, ladies. You are wonderful. Your kindness and thoughtfulness touched me greatly.  *sniff*

I want to bake all of you cookies! The catch -- you come out here and get them. We now have guest facilities...and lots of races to go to.  Come on out. I'm serious. Maybe think about doing a race next winter when Michigan and Ohio are cold and snowy and awful?

I am so glad we're a group.

Oh...daily. 6 this morning before the craziness started.  Almost full moon. Nice run.