Womens Running

We Have Achieved Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Anonymous Guest

I've been using that roller every day Marjorie!

I have a fitbit. It is fun information. I like seeing how far I walk to work and when running errands. If I'm having a low activity day and I go somewhere, I might park farther away to up my step count for the day. And now in general I'm more likely to use the stairs than the elevator. Mine does measure sleep but I quit using that part. I found it pretty useless. It wasn't very good at actually picking up whether I was asleep or awake. But I do like the rest of it.

Ginny, wow, 8 miles! That has to be tough though, with the fear of falling still there in your head. I don't know what to tell you....think of all the years you've been walking and running and haven't fallen?

camille, I figured the NE races would be a long shot for you to make, but I had to try! I feel the same about RNR races, but I've heard good things about Savannah. I'm thinking about doing the DC, just because I'm here and it's about the only marathon that starts and/or finishes in DC. They are so expensive though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks. He isn't gadgety too much but I think some feedback will help him. He doesn't track much on his Garmin so this I think will help more. I will give it to him on our anniversary so a few weeks to go. I ordered him one. We shall see.

Gatsby glad you all are ok.

Marjorie

okay.. last of Lisa and the wild beasts.

I was trying to get the camera working on my phone because that closest one had just been ON my foot.  I also seem to recall calmly saying "I'm not completely comfortable with this situation."  I can see where maybe the peace sign socks looked like eyes?

Kind of hard to see as the photographer was keeping a safe distance after being snarled at, but the blotch of color behind me on the trail... those are the 2 racoons chasing/following me.  Part of it was me laughing so hard at the idea that I was actually trying to run away from these guys, part that the rest of our group wasn't coming, and part was that I'm not that fast but they hung on for quite awhile.  Was just so ridiculous to turn around and see them right there.

Lisa

Gatsby-glad to hear all is well.  My sis was in NYC but their place in Sonoma is fine.

30 minutes on bike, 30 on arc rider this morning.  First day of school for my growing up dd tomorrow. sniff.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - In that first picture those peace signs do look like eyes.  I need a lesson in trying to post pictures!  Seriously,  I tried and tried the other day to post something and just couldn't get it to go!  You are so right, the "photographer" and her buddies had to stay way behind your little parade!  Good things those other runners came by or we would probably still be standing there trying to figure out WTH to do!

Marjorie - Hope the Fitbit helps your DH.  I bought mine one, thinking it would help him "move" more....uh, no...it didn't.  Although the other day he got it out again and starting going out for walks, not sure what prompted that.

Gatsby - Glad everything is ok.

Went to stability ball class, told the instructor I really needed to stretch...she made sure she did some lower body stretching at the end....BUT, she did some new moves on our upper body and killed us!

Carol

Have to share this not made up story!!

dd who is moving to Miami told me that a good friend of hers called to lament a one year relationship that just ended. Boyfriend is a park ranger and quite the environmentalist. He broke up with her because she did the ice bucket challenge. I am not kidding. That's almost scarier than a rabid raccoon chasing me.

Not Quite.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I wear a FitBit -- I like it. Calories, miles, flights of stairs climbed, steps, and how active I have been recently. I don't use the sleep function -- I know darn well I don't get enough sleep and I don't need the Fitbit telling me that!

Lisa, rabid anything is scary. I hope those raccoons were curious/assertive rather than rabid.

Judy, welcome back!

Karen, another advantage to not being on FB, I haven't been ice bucket challenged. We don't have enough water to do that anyway IMHO.

Gatsby, congratulations on the time, and sorry you were shaken awake. (You know, some people just set an alarm clock...)

4 this morning with RN, 5.5 this evening after WW.