Womens Running

Hurray for Friday DIVAS! (Read 271 times)

JTP1204

Hello ladies!!!

RR: next....haha. No running or exercise for me lately. I was going to join a gym this week but have not had time. After finals though!

NRR: Work today. Then home to study! Super exciting I know!

Just jumping in where I am at right now. Gonna try to read the other posts when I can!

seattlechica

Good morning girls!  Will try to make it back for personals later this morning/afternoon!

RR - Heading out for 4 mi run on my lunch break.  My legs feel pretty good after last weekend's half!  I am in a month of base building and then start training for the Tacoma City full on Dec 30!

NRR - DBF and I have both been sick this week, so that's not been fun.  I am feeling better for the most part but still have a little bit of a cough.  Only one more week of class this quarter, and then we get a few weeks break for Christmas, so that will be nice. I am taking the next class in the accounting series next quarter.  So far so good!  DBF and I have been talking a little bit about eventually looking for a place together, so that's exciting too.  I am making cookie dough cheesecake bars tonight, my coworker and I are having a small dinner party for her husband and my DBF tomorrow so that should be fun!

Happy Friday!

NorCal

Only time for a few personals... 

Monk- Congrats on your 3rd tri! And YES to the Weekend Post! 

Lizo- Oh man, I am SO sorry about M's Dad. Wow, that is just terrible news. My thoughts are with you guys. 

Jewel- So jealous of your vacay! Enjoy the SUN!!! 

Cara- Can you eat anything like miso soup with a little diced veggies and tofu? Or veggie or chicken broth? You poor thing, my heart goes out to you, having to deal with this. 

GSD- Sorry you're having a rough week. Hang in there. Good luck with the no alcohol thing too, it's been rough for me, since we have wine, sake and good beer in the fridge! 

RR. Ended up being so lazy yesterday, but got a nice walk with L in between rainstorms. Probably nothing today, except some core/upper body stuff tonight. 

Also RR. Athena and I are doing a 30K trail run in February and my friend who is running Big Sur with me is coming down for it. So excited!!!! 

NRR.  POURING RAIN. I'm worried there might be flooding at work, ugh! Working today and tomorrow. Getting a massage today too! Smile Much needed as my neck is not happy. 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

carawsb

Lizo – Sorry to hear about M’s Dad.  That really stinks.  Guys can be challenging when dealing with stuff like that; I have found that it seems best to give them their distance, while letting them know you are there for them; they will open up when they are ready.  Congratulations on the weight loss progress!  Awesome!  Glad you had a good run this morning.

Outwestrunner – Mr. Tail Wind is a nice friend; he pushed us back on our run yesterday morning.  I am glad you had a good run this morning.  Hooray for DBF getting home on Sunday night!  It sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead.

Nai – I hope that Mr. N is feeling better with his head.  Ouch.  Your run sounds absolutely fantastic!  Also, your weekend sounds like a blast!  Jealous! 

Lucy – I LOVE your dress.  It looks fantastic on you!  Sorry about the sore spot on your shin.  My calves have been tight after the running we have done, lately.  Sorry about feeling like a grumpy pants; that time is heading my way much too quickly, and I have been royally suffering from it the past couple of months.  I can also relate on the insomnia last night.  Eww…

Gsd – Sorry about the rough patch with M!  Also, sorry about the rough week for you.  I can relate to some degree.  I hope you are able to get out and enjoy some time with DH and M this weekend; it sounds like you have some fun plans!

JTP – You are such a studying machine!  Keep it up!  Your semester is getting close to being over!

Seattle – Boo on being sick this week; but, it sounds like you and DBF are on the mend.  Awesome that you two are going to see about moving in together!  The party tomorrow sounds like fun.  I can imagine you are getting stir crazy for your break from classes.  Phew.

Norcal – The trail run sounds AWESOME!  Fun!  Sorry about the nasty rain storms, though.  At least you were able to get in a nice walk with L, though.  I honestly do not know what I can eat at this point.  One day I eat something, and it is fine; the next day I eat the exact same thing and feel awful.  Yesterday, I felt awesome up until the afternoon, and then I had my snack and felt gross.  It is like it builds up over a couple of days.  Today for lunch, I am going to walk over to a smoothie shop downtown, and probably get a blended fruit smoothie (no dairy).  My Dad has all kind of allergies to wheat, corn, pollen, molds, etc.  I am starting to wonder if I may be developing some of those as I get older.Undecided

My morning has been less than productive.  I feel so tired and sleepy.  At least it is almost lunch time; I am going to go out for a short walk to get some fresh air! Big grin

lizo_77

off to lunch in a few...

JTP: good luck with finals whenever they come and enjoy the gym when you join!

seattle: boo about being sick!  hope you're all better and that cough completely clears ASAP! cookie dough cheesecake bars.... mmmm.

norcal: boo about the rain! I saw the radar going on out west. crazy stuff... wish some of that rain would make it's way over here.... awesome about the 30K distance! sweet! sounds like a fun run!

MA runner girl

I am feeling SOOO much better today. Literally no stomach burning pain. I wish I could work at home everyday. I'm sitting in our "cuddler" part of the couch with a pillow behind my back and leaning back with the laptop on my lap. It's so much better than sitting at a desk hunched over the laptop! The vanilla chai I just made helps too Wink

Taylor - At least you have something fun to get you through the day! I think it's awesome that your guy can cook. Hope it's yummy!

Cara - UGH, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I really hope that you get some answers and FAST at your dr appt.

Liz - I'm so sorry to hear about M's dad. I will keep all of you in my thoughts. I'm sorry M isn't opening up about it. I think it's a normal reaction for a lot of people. I hope you can get him to open up this weekend a bit.

Outwest - Nice run! Hope the calves loosen up. What's baking soda anyways? Just makes it rise, doesn't have any taste. No big deal Smile Glad they still taste good!

Nai - I love when a run feels so good you just have to keep going! Few and far between for me these days. Glad you liked Twilight! I probably will wait till the DVD, the thought of sitting in a movie theater for a few hours is not appealing these days.

Lucy - I'm a little leary about the football game but we shall see! I want to keep doing these things and not use the "I'm pregnant so I'm gonna sit home" excuse, at least not too much Wink I'm sorry you were in a funk last night. I hate when that happens! I looooove your dress BTW! So happy for you Smile

GSD - I'm so sorry you have had a rough week. I'm sure now that it's getting colder out it's easier to feel so cooped up. I can also understand feeling torn about being a SAHM vs working. I am having a similar debate in my head...

JTP - Good to see you here! Sounds like you are super busy with school! I hope that your finals go well!

Seattle - So exciting that you are going to be running another full! Enjoy base building before the fun begins! I hope you feel 100% ASAP.

NC - The rain always makes me sooo lazy. It just makes me want to cuddle up on the couch with some tea! I hope the flooding isn't too bad. So fun that you and Athena are running a race together!

OK Productivity starts... NOW!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16