Womens Running

FINALLY its the WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizzie, nice speedy run for you yesterday!  I bet your lungs are thrilled that there's no more smoking and they are responding!

CrazySue, sounds like a fun InB purchase!  Bummer when things can't just be delivered NOW.

Judy, sounds like you had a fun trip.  It would disturb me to see all of the animals that were killed and stuffed.  Hate that kind of thing, even if he did not kill them.

Karen, 8500' would have been quite a shock to your lungs.  Beaverhead was up around that elevation.  At some point, I stopped noticing the lack of oxygen because I was more worried about the footing.

Kat, hell yeah be proud of the MO.

HCK, your DH sounds like mine when it comes to cars.  Mine refuses to get rid of any, and we now have 5.  He maintains them well, so they're all working great, but we simply do not need that many.

Lori, nice job on 10 miles.  It seems like you've been keeping your milage low so that's a big jump.

Lisa, lol on the headlamp shenanigans.  Glad that they found the missing cyclist.

Damaris, did I congratulate you on the Indy job?  Well, congrats again!  Hope your 12 goes well and the back is happier.

Okay, off to kettlebells (not running over and back, though!).

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

ginnyb

I’m going to try and start posting again!  I still don’t have a computer though and I find it difficult to use my phone.  I haven’t even read anything here since April, so I will just say Hi and I did 3 miles today that weren’t awful!  Still working out consistently.  I have been keeping up with some going’s on with those of you who are on FB.  I’ll be back, I promise! I have missed you all, life just got in the way too much this time.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

HCK, SIX cars, wow.  Yes, it is hard to find any tech, much less a good one...

Laura, glad you have summer finally.

Lori, meh, you got some mies in, that is all that counts!!

Lisa, great on the night miles!  My tech certainly isn't too sharp.  Can't spell, like even "vial" and didn't know what a hyphen was.  Seriously.  Sigh.  Sweet, dumb as a stump.  But so damned nice and tries so hard...

Lizzie, glad you had a nice day yesterday.  Saw your post about Ruger and the bridge, too funny.  Nothing good on the job listings.  Sad

Damaris, enjoy your 12 tonight!  Bummer about the back.

Margaret, nice race.  Bummer about the aid stations.  NO ICE???  Crazy.

Hi there Ginny!!!  Nice miles to get back in the game!  We have missed you lots, but pop in whenever is good.

Got a short and terrible 4 miles in.  More walking than running.  The legs were tired.

Had a lovely nothing day yesterday, not sure I made it off the couch other than a quick early trip to Dick's/Target. Possibly a titch too much wine a bit too early, which led to an early bedtime.

Off to shower and work now

Happy Sunday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5k walk today and then 2k run. Nice day out today

I hope everyone had a great day and congratulations to Margaret and Carol on their races

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 miles this morning.

There is at least an explanation for the cars. I have a Subaru Legacy. DH has a classic Jaguar (older than me) that is parked in the garage. It needs some work. He has a 25 year old Jeep Wrangler. At this point, it would be worth nothing for trade and it still runs, so he uses that for short errands. We have 2 pick up trucks. DH had initially wanted one to get stuff at Home Depot & go to the dump, but also for commuting. The truck sucks for commuting/travel. His parents had a 20 year old truck that they weren't using, so they gave it to him. Plan was to buy a car when he got the truck, that took several months. DH then wanted a "reasonable" car for driving (he's not a fan of the Subaru), we have different views on reasonable, but he's happy with it. Once he gets rid of the Toyota, we should be down to a more reasonable 5 cars. Oh, and he has a hard tail Harley.....

BerthaSlayer, I would think those elimination loop courses would be a challenge. You don't want to go out too hard on loop one, but you need to go out hard enough to beat the cut off.

GatsyBird, congrats on the 50k. Snow and 80 degrees just don't go together for me.

Yes-- I did make it to the pool yesterday.  4.2 miles this morning.  OMG is it SO hot and steamy!!!  Had all the kids and grands over yesterday for swimming and tacos.  Fun day!

Took DGD and Dad to church today. Ann Marie was such a good girl.

Wow y'all rock!! Great runs and races!!

Margaret-woohoo! Nice job and cool medal/shirt!

Lizzie-Sounds like a fun and full day yesterday! You probably didn't really hydrate that well yesterday either so that also makes one feel tired. Granola and ice cream was good.. could add fresh fruit and then it's basically a healthy snack! LOL

Damaris-hoping your back doesn't sleep all day long. LOL

Ginny-we are happy to hear from you.. running or not running. Looking forward to seeing you when you come to the Tigers/Indians game at end of August. Elina is excited to be meeting you too! Here is the link for Run Woodstock Register - the prices go up on 7-24 so don't wait too long to register. It wouldn't be the same without you there!

Kat-4 miles is 4 miles and it's not like we haven't done 4 terrible miles before now is it? LOL Run/walking is fine. Walk/walking is fine. Sitting on couch after either of those is fine.  Wine is fine.

Lori-This was a wonderful weather weekend for sure! Nice run/walking!

HCK2-LOL on the reasonable reasons. I can justify the drawers of medals that I have too... we all have our things that we are into and they don't need to be the same as each others. The Jag is pretty! (assuming that is the silver car.. I know nothing about cars).

Sue-see... you're not a lazy butt. LOL mmmm tacos!

Hardest decision today was which trail to run on since I was still out at Abhay's place. The hiking trail is nice since no bikes but it means out/back. The mountain bike trail offers different loop options so that's nice but there are lots of bikes. Literally sat at the end of the drive trying to decide which way to go. I was worried about the out/back and cutting it short whereas with a loop... well, you sort of just have to keep going to get back to your car so opted for that. Another great weather day although just starting to get warm when running (don't hate me Southern people for calling mid to upper 70's warm). Decided to enjoy the day. Sat on one of the benches I never ever sit on. Felt a bit rebellious in doing so. BWAHAHA

Lisa being a baaaaad girl

Then at the top of one of the bridges sort of ran past then stopped and went back to chat with a mountain biker who was enjoying the view and the heavenly breeze. Waved at kids in the small boats the went under the bridge and a couple of hiker stopped to also chat about the trail. Kind of funny but I captured the moment of mountain biker, hikers and runner all living in harmony. (clearly I've been running too much and have suffered sensory deprivation that I find this all entertaining.)

12.5 miles in all today. Had a deer fly tape incident with my pony tail.... note to self: braid hair if you might be putting deer fly tape on hat.

Lisa

Imma put this right here for those of us that can relate.

Lisa, OUCH on the deer fly tape mishap.  Sometimes just sitting on a bench (or log or rock) is the most amazing thing.  I did that yesterday, at mile 22.5, when I was sort of hitting a wall.  Sat in the shade and ate my gel and cooled down and caught my breath.  And then things looked better.

Ginny, hi!  Great to see you.  Check in when you can.  I hope you can come to Run Woodstock!

Kat,  I'm kind of enjoying the smaller, less supported events although coolers with ice is not exactly lavish.  And it really makes me appreciate the lavish ultra buffets at other events.

CrazySue, a pool party with tacos sounds like a great day.

HCK, we have a lot of cars because my BIL gives us his leftovers.  DH is good with cars and did all the maintenance on BIL's cars, so I guess that's fair.  But then DH won't let them go.

Lori, nice run & walk.  Enjoy the nice weather.

Went to kettlebells this morning, it the grocery store, and then ran 7 recovery miles.  Now doing laundry and organizing/planning for Western States weekend.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR