Womens Running

HAPPY MONDAY DIVAS!!! (Read 14 times)

outwestrunner

The bottomless pit feeling continues today.. I already had a scone with my coffee.

Meli - Thanks for the compliments on Fay's bed! Hopefully one day she will like it, too. :P

SassySparky

MA - the pics of C at the pumpkin patch are so cute, I love taking G every year! I was just about to print out pictures from each year and make a photo frame!! Babyproofing is key! We have bins and baskets on the lower levels of our shelves that he is allowed to explore (like our tupperware is in a big bin on the floor in the kitchen, so he plays with that while we cook/clean) and that way he stays out of the things he's not supposed to go in (like the cabinets). Good luck!

OWR - Yep taper time! I have some hard workouts coming up though, so eventhough it's less mileage it's really focused on maintaining speed and honing your race pace. Bottomless pit feeling never ends. I just finished my (big) lunch and I am still starving and just trying to drink water to feel full.

Monk - sorry about the rough weekend and lack of sleep - I always feel like that on Mondays!

Meli - safe travels! That's part of why I like eating in at home on the weekends too, I never want to get dressed in real clothes! Hahaha, I lived in fleece pants all weekend!

NC - great job on your half marathon PR!! So you made the pretzels - right? Did you do the boil with baking soda water? I want to make another batch and bring some in to work - might do that tonight!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - I did the whole "drink water" and "mind over matter" thing last week, and I'm not so sure it was a good idea. I was ravenous most of the time.

NorCal

Hi ladies!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

RR. Half marathon yesterday, wow, it was hard!!! Chip time was 1:44:43 and my friend got 1:44:58 so we both hit our sub .1:45 goal!!!! First six miles were fast and easy, then things got rough. She pulled ahead for miles 8-11 as I was feeling pukey and had knee pain. I slowed and walked a little. But then picked it back up and caught up to here around mile 11 and we ran together until about mile 12.5 Where I sped up and ended up about 15 sec ahead. They posted times at the race which we thought were chip times and she was 6 sec over goal time so that was a bummer until we saw results online last night. Legs are super sore today, so rest day, obviously!!

NRR. Having a great time here, super fun to see friends and family. Getting a massage in a bit, then driving home, 4 hour drive!

Found out Friday we got the rental we applied for!!!! It's a small 1 bedroom house on 7 acres outside of town. Up a long driveway off a private road. On top of a ridge with amazing views. Moving on Nov 10th!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Sassy, great 20 miler, so proud of you, you're gonna rock that marathon!! I made pretzels but just baked them. Dipped in jalapeno mustard, soooo good!!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

lizo_77

monk: boo about the walmart car seat hassle trip! hope it arrives in time!

mel: eeks on your workout! 112 miles on bike then run! you go girl!! good luck to your DH tomorrow!

SassySparky

NC - awesome race!!!!! Um, jalapeno mustard sounds PHENOMENAL. Ok I'm making pretzels tonight, hell or high water. congrats on the house!

OWR - yeah I'm guzzling water like an empty camel and still starving. I guess I have some hungries left over from the long run! Because I did nothing yesterday or today.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!