Womens Running

Friyay! (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Seloc

Lizzie- sounds like a fun weekend!  Yummmm on the cake.  Salem is abut 30 mi from the city?  What do you eat for lunch?  Well, besides hard boiled egg and peanut butter hee hee.  I definitely eat the same thing for every day in a week.  This week was lame - quinoa, rice, black olives and fire roasted tomatoes.  All mixed together kinda like a made up salad?  Yes, I eat functionally haha  OMG Transparent is about a dad who is a trans and then one daughter is hooking up with a former lesbian relationship (she is married), other daughter is kinda a druggie?  I forget what the son's issue is.  The mom is remarried to a super old guy with dementia.  It's along the lines of Shameless in it's absurdity and risque-ness haha.  You might like it!!

Docket_Rocket

Liz, yeah, and you are also flying to another small airport (Ft. Lauderdale).  Glad it worked and hoping it's not too expensive in the end.

We had fun retiring our boss.  We even brought a pinata with his face and we took swings at it.  Then they called us back together and surprised me with my 10 year pin and certificate.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy weekend eve!  6 yesterday, SRD today, and a trail marathon tomorrow in Oakland, CA for a long run.  It's called the Cinderella Trail Run, no idea why but I guess I'll find out.    No, I'm not running dressed like a princess.  

Damaris, congrats on 10 years!

Seloc, way to score on cheap Boston flights!  Sounds like fun. Love that you found a HM that weekend.  I'd have done the same.  it's fun exploring new places that way.

Seloc, Lizzie -- I'm craving a burger now too, thanks a lot!    But I have leftover pasta for dinner so the burger will have to wait.  I usually bring lunch to work too, either leftovers or a sandwich and chips.  Doesn't make sense to me to spend > $10 a day on lunch.  Now if we were talking about spending money on beer, that would be different, haha.

Karen, speaking of splurging, some people splurge on beer, others on lunch, and others on Costco snacks and patio furniture.  It's all good, this is a judgment free zone.  Well, except for mammel and Damaris' asshole boss, we can judge them.

More Lizzie: sounds like a fun weekend ahead of you.  When you get your mom's cake, are you going to get a little something for yourself?  I'm excited for Fargo and I'm not even going.  

Turties, hope that you and your DD have fun at the 5k this weekend. Fingers crossed that the rain misses you!

Lisa, I'm glad that the stars mis-aligned for you to work out and to post here instead.  From here, I can practically see you glowing with happiness over there in MI.  Good, about time your positivity was rewarded with something positive!  I just PM'd you for the house address for PInelands, when you have a sec, pls!

Judy, sorry to hear that the foot is still bothering you but at least it's getting better.

Dhuff, I was going to comment the other day about how awesome it is that you rescued a horse.  Bless you.

LC, is there much more school year left?  Bet the kids are counting down...

Kilmisters, do you have a 10k race this weekend?  To get the company shirt?    Or are you running something else?  I would have liked to see Latvia beat the US, guess I'm a little disloyal.

Hope I didn't miss anyone... good night all!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Finally Friday. This week seemed to drag. 7.7 miles tonight with 12 x 1:30 minutes hard, 1 minute recover. Still on the fence about a 5k. I'm fine with rain, heck, this time of year I'd prefer it.

Lizzie, no kids.

DHuffman, the one thing with the flexible/not traditional schedule is that I work in a school setting. For the majority of the staff, it's not an option, since they need to be there when the kids are. It's worked well for our group, people are able to work hours that work best for them and there is the ability to change things if you need to.

Docket, congrats on 10 years.