Womens Running

Over the Hump Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

NRR2- forgot to mention that SIL who has a son 2 weeks younger than R is also pregnant and due with #2 right around the same time as me. And one of my Ragnar teammates is preggo and due the same time as well. So many babies on the way!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- We got R Disney Cars die cast cars and a street rug for xmas. R loves his 'Queen and Doc cars. My mom got him a book from the Cars2 movie that he likes as well, but he doesn't like that movie much. R also has a couple of these bamboo cars and they roll really nicely http://www.hapetoys.com/us/en/pl/bamboo/0

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

rg - There was a seriously cold windchill here this morning, too, but it's sunny and quite a bit warmer now. Do you take your exam online? good luck!

zorbs - I used to love using the elliptical at the gym because I could read magazines while I did it. Nothing saying working out hard like reading while doing cardio. I took a long bath with epsom salts last night and I think it helped. I think this cold has also impeded me recovery - my body is like "wtf? we can't deal with all this at once!" All the kale I've been eating lately has not made me gassy, so my money is on the garlic causing your gas!

eh - I like having a plan to follow, too, but it's getting into that time of year where there aren't many races to do. I guess there are always a few, though. Or ones to travel to Smile. Glad your legs are feeling better!

CA - Lol at M's imaginative reasons for not doing things!

spike - I think accidents are inevitable when there's a line for the washroom - when kids that age have to go, they have to go NOW. Glad you are feeling better today! Sleep really is the ultimate cure. I did get woken up once by S at 1 am, but otherwise it was a glorious long sleep for me, too.  LOL at your pressure cooker infomercial. I'm sold!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

RR: Time trial today. Was aiming to nail 6.30min/mile 5k pace. Did 1.5miles at 5k goal race pace, 800m easy jog, 1mile at grp, 400m easy jog, 800m grp, 200m easy jog, 200m all out. NAILED IT! Looks like 6.30 is my new race pace! I wasn't even struggling which was great - those breaks were awesome. I got staked (in a nice way) at the track. Some guy who we always see was there and asking me a million questions about us and our training.

NRR: super hot construction worker gave me his number and asked me to "call him if I needed anything... anything". I left it and then I saw him again and he said "you have my number right?". DS was in the car too. AWKWARD. I told him I was good with the way things were in my life right now and I am loyal. But you are a nice person, don't take this personally. Instead, I am using my free time tomorrow night to go knitting scarves for the homeless. Yeah, that's what I do on my nights out. DH was amused by whole story. And has upped his daily texts to me by 200%. He didn't need to but it is cute.

TR: He has taken up crafts with a PASSION. He loves sticking stickers and making a little collage and now he is really into colouring. He loves it. He thrusts the pictures at me and we sit in the same spots and colour for ages. Need some crafty ideas for advent.

FR: made the quick garam masala from scratch (not the actual curry powder though) with wilted spinach and it was delish from this month's clean eating mag. Am making the front cover tortilla bake tonight.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

Rg – good luck with your review and your exam! Hope you are feeling ok. How does this pg compare to R? Yay for all the preggo news!

Zorbs – can’t believe you are having a week off running. You are crazy. I hate the elliptical. I get all uncoordinated and out of rhythm on it and my feet go dead. I love the published food stats – esp about grams of fat etc.

Eh – I am excited to see what you have coming up for your training!

CA – caught up on your blog yesterday – loved the freezer meals, loved the charting of RPs longest run and loved your marathon hoes – we have the SAME trainers in exactly the SAME colour!!!

Ernie – hope that cold comes and goes quickly. You are healthy and resilient so I am sure it will. Long baths help!

Spike – glad you got some sleep. Thanks for the email – it is so useful to be reminded of those things! That weather sounds gross. I can deal with the cold (this is relative I know given how mild TN is) but the wind is just biting.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Apartment therapy has the CUTEST advent ideas http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/search?q=advent  LOL at the construction worker and DH's resultant texting insecurity.  I don't do wind either, I'm going to help a friend with her resume tonight instead of running. I totally lost my mojo, so maybe a little break is what I need for a while.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - will check it out. And you are so in tune with yourself that if a break is what you think you need then absolutely go for it! Paraphrase - you have the right to make a decision based on feelings!! Totally wanna say a huge thank you for all craft question advice btw.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Re: our conversation about furniture the other night  check out this bedroom set http://www.broyhillfurniture.com/Furniture/Bedroom-Furniture/Attic-Retreat/i105934-Broyhill-Attic-Retreat-Sleigh-Bed.aspx  That's the one I wanted to get, but having to buy so much stuff, it was out of budget ($3500 for king bed, nightstands, and dresser).   I'll be free after R's bedtime tonight if you want to Skype about crafty stuff.

FR2- I grocery shopped and put split pea soup in the crockpot on my lunch break today. So nice knowing I don't have to cook this evening.

running eh

Bermy - haha on the construction worker!  Your DH sounds like a great guy!  Amazing progress on your times!  Don't you have another race coming up soon?  Enjoy all that crafting!  My kids love to craft, but I hate it - I should do it more often with them though.

BermyHorse

spike - LOVE the bed - it's sturdy and very chic without being overbearing. It's DH who is stalling. He is doing the 'are we staying here forever' thing in his head. I think he wants to move out west. I love TN! But then I would love anywhere. Um, maybe not Alaska. DS has been taking FOREVER to settle beyond usual so I will try to skype but I might be a little late and only be able to stay around a little. Bring some crafts/anything to skype tonight and we can have our own mini stitch and bitch.

eh - yes, 5k on Thanksgiving. It's got some hills though so I don't think this is 'the one' but it will do as a progress guide.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Ok, I'll make sure my Skype is on, but I don't have any crafty stuff as it is in storage locker purgatory at the moment. Does DH's job allow him to live anywhere he wants? The West is pretty great, I do have to say! We don't have junebugs or humidity here.. Big grin

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Bermy - there are definitely forms of cardio that I hate more than the elliptical. I can only use the Precor brand and usually I have this guided mp3 workout that makes things less boring but didn't use it today.

eh - you should do ATB.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - my SIL has been pgr within 10 days of me both times, the last baby whos the same age as O was completely unplanned, I told her she better hope I don't decide to have a 3rd - her tubes are tied, so you'd know something was up Smile

r-eh - how about a half?  My half PR was right after a marathon training cycle, you're so speedy that you'd totally rock a half in the spring, and the long runs would be a piece of cake after your FM cycle.

zorbs - have you had graston on the tendon yet?  Other than spork graston of course... Smile

bermy - Nice work on the time trial!  You're doing a turkey trot race, right?  I did a mitt craft for advent last year, I cut out a mitt/day from construction paper, and made a clothes line across our fire place, and each mitt had a place to be clothes pinned to it, M got to decorate each mitt with buttons, yarn, sparkles, stickers, etc, and every day till christmas we took a mitt down.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

Spike - DH wants me to play a video game with him so duty calls. FIFA 14 or something. I am going to be so rubbish at it however I will make up for it with enthusiasm. No skype sorry

superspike113

Honorary Old

Spike - DH wants me to play a video game with him so duty calls. FIFA 14 or something. I am going to be so rubbish at it however I will make up for it with enthusiasm. No skype sorry

That's ok. I hope you get to be David Beckham.