Womens Running

National Hotdog Day Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Seloc

Busy day! Heading to eat some mexican with my girlfriend for her birthday after work! Probably won't eat much..I can't eat dinner at 4:30! haha.

Gramma here sure can!!  

Kilmisters

Lizzie, how does CEO visit affect you? Is it sort of informal audit of everyone's work? I think you should make a sign ''runner in the process of carbloading; please, donate cakes!"'

Damaris, is it the same race which you ran while the World Cup final was being played? Was your DH reporting the score? The pics are great! I particularly love the color combo; blue and black goes well together!

Sandy, good to hear you feel (sort of) ok! Legs sluggish when under the weather, not lungs/breathing? Hm, interesting? Probably has to do w body allocating resources to fight the flu, not delivering blood to muscles.

Karen, congrats on hopping off the grumpy bus. Good luck w extroverting and it's so, so nice to read about all the positive emotions your running group activities are bringing you!

Cathy, US female runner (Mary Cain) returned after healing stress fracture 2 days ago, her first ''comeback race'' was DNF... And she looked totally off... Now everyone's wondering whether it's just one bad race or maybe it has permanent implications. So, nice to hear the steeplechase dude found his way back.

Tempo run went well, hit all the paces, even w very slight ''safety margin''! I headed out at 8:30pm, when it was 81*F so slightly better than 86*F that we had during the day. Had lots to think about (work), so the warm-up miles flew by, so did the recovery miles. We're going to beach after work tomorrow; me, DH and K! Beach runs are awesome.

The big project I was working on, it still has stuff to be added to bring it to perfection, but the big picture (literally, as the main output is a geo-layered market share map) was shown to CEO and he was impressed to say the least. So, yay, I guess. The budget process, tho... I have 4wks left till vacation and the to do list that I created this eve is two A4 pages. Truth to be told, when I put all that on paper, it felt like smth died inside me. I've worked shitloads of hours before and after actual working hours to bring the damn map project to life and still managing the day-to-day stuff too, and when you realize it looks like 4 more weeks of intense, to put it mildly, stuff... I'm simply afraid of the breaking at some point. Not sure if talking to boss about this would do any good. Not that it's possible to cross anything out of that list or hire another worker in few days time.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina that's a self created list?  How much can be delegated and/or shelved til after budget and vacation?

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.8 miles with 2 sets of 8 x 200. Lousy run. Could not move fast at all.

Officially on vacation until Tuesday!  Cheers.  Having a little "Altered Dankopotomus" from local Hope Dogma brewery to celebrate.  Tomorrow I'm getting my stuff together for the weekend, we're doing an early birthday dinner with my Dad, then we leave for Tahoe on Friday.

Kilmisters, any chance that items on your budget to-do list could be delegated or reassigned?  Yes, they probably want you to do them because your's a superstar (yay CEO was impressed with the last project) but they also probably don't want to break you. I'd mention your concerns to your supervisor, just so it's on the record somewhere.

HCK, sorry about the lousy run.  Some runs are like that.

Seloc, lol on gramma eating dinner at 4:30.  I'm still working my way through my afternoon snacks at 4:30!  If I ate dinner that early, I'd just need to eat again later.  I'm like a hobbit... first dinner, second dinner... 

Karen/Lizzie/Ginny - I've had Graeters Ice Cream!  Pretty sure it was when I did Flying Pig in Cincinnati.  It was really good.

Damaris, sort of a bad luck day for you!  Hope the tire got fixed and tomorrow is better.

Turtles, Steeplechase is a funny event.  Just doesn't seem "Olympic" with the water pits and obstacles.  Like putting a Spartan Run in the Olympics, lol.

Karen, yay on the new TM!  And yay for getting off the grumpy bus.  Re HOA drama, in the history of HOAs, has there ever been one that didn't have drama?

DHuff, sorry that you took Karen's seat on the grumpy bus.  Poor dogs.

LC, yay for cooler temps and lower humidity!

Judy, hope the water outage was not too inconvenient.

Lizzie, silly all the fuss for the CEO.  Does the security team help him take a wee, too?  

Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR