Womens Running

Monday Supermoms (Read 377 times)

runninmer

runnergirl - Great mileage this weekend.  It was warm here too.  I was in shorts yesterday!  Crazy!

zorbs - Glad you got some sleep.  I agree with what people were saying on FB that you need to find someone neutral to talk to.

jen - I love baby dancing.  MIL has taught J quite a few moves and it is hilarious.  I could watch him dance for hours.  The best part is he knows he is being cute so he has a HUGE smile on his face!  It was a decent run. Slowest mile was an 8:04 and all I was out to do was run...not to be speedy!

banshee - I hope the next couple of weeks go fast for you.

jmiller - Sounds like you had a great weekend!

mrszm - I always look at that race and then soemthing comes up.  Great job!

shelby - I would just make sure that you have comforts from home to help with the sleep.  I also don't have high expectations so I just roll with it.  It was *awesome* when J and I were in MI and he was up super early...whatever....it isn't every night so it is okay.

simon - Swimming sounds like a blast!  Glad you had a good weekend!

CAR - I hope your appointment goes well.  Your awesome mileage with two little ones gives me hope that if we do ever decide to have #2 I will still be able to run.  Thanks for all of the talk about the IUD.  I HATE being on the pill and would love something different.  We aren't in a place to have one quite  yet, but it is nice to read what others experiences are.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Did 3.5 with RP yesterday. Kept getting side stitches from my reduced lung capacity. Probably 3-4 tonight and will make DH stay with Kiddo since it will be my only opportunity for a run sans stroller the rest of the week.

BR: Screamy/tantrumy over the most random stuff. I find the only way to stop it is to ignore him or try to distract him with something else. The fiber optic Christmast tree works good for this because the lights change colors continuously and it is mesmerizing to him. Got daycare briefed on his potty training situation, keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps going well though I am fully aware that he may regress. Going to run to Walmart on my lunch and grab some underpants and maybe a travel potty/potty seat. My neighbor lady gave me a toilet seat that has 3 layers instead of 2- it has a lid, child sized seat, and the bottom layer is like a regular toilet seat. We'll see if I can talk DH into installing it. Is it weird to use a second hand toilet seat? I'm already using the babybjorn potty that was her daughter's LOL

FR: I might try making that elk steak tonight. If it turns out well I'll thaw some more and invite over some friends. I bought 3 (3!!!) bottles of wine at the grocery store and DH gave me a very quizzical look when I was unpacking the groceries. I told him that I felt like entertaining and sometimes I need wine to cook with and we didn't have any. This is a big deal because I rarely drink it, but I did buy all varieties that I like so I might actually drink some.

NRR: DH is working T,W,Th days, then S, Su, M nights in the coming week, so basically besides today I will be a single parent for the next week. Blehhhh. Also I have jury duty on Wednesday, and I probably won't get out of it if I get selected now that DH isn't a cop anymore unless the arresting officer is one of my friends.

I mailed off my Secret Santa gift on Friday. I hope she doesn't hate it.

runnergirl- awww that R loves the christmas tree. I didn't even bother this year, I just have a 2 foot fiber optic fake one that MIL gave me years ago and its all I'm doing.

zorbs- that's amazing about B and the piano! How young were you when you learned to play?  I'm horribly uncoordinated and have really small hands (my hand span is only 7") so I was never any good at instruments even though I love music. Any idea what's causing your insomnia? Anxiety? I went through a really anxious period in my life and got addicted to benadryl for sleep before. Have you tried taking magnesium supplements? If it is anxiety, I find that vitamin D3 also really helps even me out.

Jen- what's the Gerber taste test? Do they just use your baby as a guinea pig? LOL   I had high hopes of doing some crafting this weekend, but it didn't happen with R being sick. I want to make some stuff for DH's mom since she eats that stuff up.

Banshee- How long is Burning River?  I had a dream last night that I ran a marathon in 4:37 (that ended in the entry way to my Walmart store) and I felt so good that I decided to run another 5 miles at the end. Yeah right!  What is your per mile pace? I run around 11:00/mi so right now even a marathon is out of the question.

shelbyjo- mmmm fondue. Do you have a fondue pot? I love melty cheese, is anything better? I try not to buy single use gadgets if I can avoid it, otherwise I would probably have one.

Simon- I would love to take R to a pool, I think he would have so much fun. Do you put Maeve in a floaty or a lifejacket, or just hold onto her?

Mer- I'm with you on the credit card bill. We bought new snowtires/rims for DH's car on top of the Christmas shopping. Blerg!  Sorry about the eggs Sad

CA- good luck with your IUD. This new birth control has reduced my libido to rock bottom. Like DH trying to be affectionate annoys me even. I feel like a jerk, can't wait to get off this crap. DH doesn't know it yet but he is getting a  vasectomy when we are done! I'm going to make split pea with ham this week too.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

twinmom- a Big Lots! opened in the next town almost a year ago and I still haven't managed to go there because it seems like R is melting down in the car every time I have the opportunity to go.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

jen - yeah it's shorts/skirt weather here too.  Too bad today isn't a running day.

rg - I took melatonin for about a year straight, it does work but I am currently out right now.

banshee - yup, tis the season for my piano students to be acting like aholes, I can't wait for Christmas break either.

jmm - what day do you usually do your long run? changing the day messes me up so bad!

mrszm - great job on your race!

shelby - my piano skills are like my flexibility...still pretty good, but a shadow of what they used to be.

simon - I loathed canned tuna as a kid so I am terrified to try it as an adult.

CA - I am very adamant that B not do any structured lessons until he is old enough to ask for them.

twin - from your description on FB, I thought your DH ripped a hole in the penguin.

mer - both Sam and RP know what's going on, talking doesn't really help.  I just need to get back in a good sleeping pattern, whether it be with drugs or whatever.

spike - there was a girl at university with seriously freakishly small doll hands (I have small hands, and her fingers were like 1 cm shorter than mine), and she could play stuff with massive chords, it's about rearranging stuff so you can manage it. I was 7 when I started lessons, and I had to beg my parents for several years before they let me start.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- my left hand is basically useless. I did piano lessons for a while and could really only play the right hand. It didn't help that the "piano teacher" was just a ruse and it turned out to be my future stepdad who knocked up my mom with twins before her divorce was final and that was her way of introducing him to us. He was a decent piano player and had a Steinway baby grand that we weren't allowed to touch. He liked to improvise and play rock songs mostly.

runswithrocky

ER - stroller walk + dogs last night.  hoping for the same tonight.

PGR - appointment was sort of a bust.  dr was in delivery but the nurse let me hear the heartbeat on doppler so I'm totally relieved.  PLus she found the heartbeat exactly where I've been feeling some early movement.  And side note, seriously those movement never ever feeling like butterflies to me.  It feels like a mass of something, like a baby, is squirming around.  My MIL talks about feeling DH for the first time and always says, "Oh it was just like butterflies in my tummy!"  Um, ok.  I've only heard her say it a million times.

FR - yesterday was a whole 9X13 of burrito things.  I'll post the recipe on the FB documents.  Super easy and so tasty.  Tonight is stuffed shells from the freezer.  The freezer is almost completely cleared out!  Woohoo!

TR - I think we are entering meltdown, tantrum-y stage.  She like to hold her one of her hairbrushes while I dry her hair after her bath.  Lst night I took it from her when we were done and leaving the bathroom and she threw herself onto the ground and proceeded to cry.  I just left the room.  I'm such a meanie ;-)  She eventually got over it when she realized no one was paying attention.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rocky- yup, tantrums here too. Reid closed the door on the dryer and was playing with the buttons and flipped out when I opened it up so I could put wet clothes in there. He stopped freaking out when I had him "help" me put clothes in the dryer. Ignore/distract are the only things that helped. DH experienced a giant meltdown yesterday while I was running, when he told me the story, I was like "yeah, that was my day while you were hunting yesterday, not much fun, is it?" Yeah, first movements felt like tapping/hiccups to me too. Not butterflies, more slithery type movements as gross as it sounds to type that.

Marathonjen

Twinmom - LOL on the penguin.  It is so funny how worked up kids can get about little things.  Sorry DH killed the penguin.  Way to break DDs heart.  I would love to see that thing in your yard.

spike - How is R feeling today.  Sorry he got your cold and was miserable.  I would probably be whiney too.  Boo to Dh having to work so much...I think we need a single mom support group!  DH's friend gave us Elk a few years ago.  DH just grilled them like any other piece of meat.  He loved them..I refused to eat it.  I did try a piece of the Elk sausage...ICK!  I am not a red meat person though.

Rocky - Glad LO is doing well in your belly and you got to hear the heartbeat.  Sorry Em is being tantrumy.  Same with J.  He will throw himself on the floor screaming and crying.  Tough luck buddy...then stay there and have your fit and I'll be back when you're done!  Definitely a thing for kids this age.  They want to see how much they can get away with.  I never cave to J...DH doesn't put up with it either.  Then he tries to make up by coming by us and being nice...Someday he will realize that his positive behavior gets him more attention then negative.

runswithrocky

Spike - I forgot to mention that Dh back "hurt" yesterday so he literally spent allllll day in bed only getting up for food and/or ice for his back.  So I dealt with Em all day by myself and she was teething or something.  I could relate to your post on FB about your DH out goose hunting. 

Jen - yeah, we don't give in either.  I'm a people watcher so I sort of find observing the tantrums to be interesting.  I know this will wear off in a few.  Plus she's starting to do it with the word "no."  She pulled DH table off the end table yesterday and he yelled at her, told her "no" and this resulted in many tears.  Side note: no idea why DH would leave tablet on end table where she can get it, but whatever.  He's like, "she never bugs your stuff" and I'm like, "I never leave my stuff where she can get it!"  I know she has to learn, but I don't have to provide the temptation. 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen/Rocky- Ha, When we tell R "no" he shakes his finger at us and says "No, no, no!"   He also likes to walk up to stuff we tell him No about all the time and wag his finger at those too- a pottery jar, the nightlight, electrical outlets. He has really delighted in taking our stuff and relocating it as of late. I found my cellphone on the floor in the corner of the kitchen and one tv remote under the ottoman and other in his toy bin. We are having to put things we don't want him to touch up high and away from the edges of the table.  Ya the single mom crap sucks, I feel like a loser when I have to call someone to watch my kid- I feel like I should be able to handle it better since its just weekends and evenings but its soooo exhausting chasing after a toddler. I fell asleep on the couch before 9 pm last night!

Hey, my cleaning spree this weekend was well timed! DH just texted me that we have a house showing at 3pm. Its a return of someone who looked at it before, and we are the only house she is requesting to look at. Send good house selling juju my way, this thing has been on the market 7 mos now!

Jen- R is a little bit more perky this morning. Only 3 "Maaaaamaaaaaa!-s" where he wanted a hug and booger wipe in the middle of the night. He had a lot of fun playing with the twins and was excited to go to daycare this morning.  I have only tried elk once or twice before- I remember its way less gamey than venison, more like bison. I like game meat/red meat though since I was raised eating stuff like deer pepperoni and duck jerky.

jmmiller

ShelbyJo: that's great you are going to the retreat!  DS goes too?

Jen:  I was late to work. I had to cut it short to 10miles which was fine because it was raining anyway and I wasn't feeling all that good.

CA:  How did the IUD insertion go?  I'm on the fence about getting one.  Right now I'm on the pill but I hate the hormonal side effects.

Spike:  I'm in the single mom boat too!  And we had a huge ant invasion at 5:30 am - DH had already left Sad Your piano teacher story is awful! 

Zorbs:  My LR is usually Sunday but it was pouring down ran so I postponed it to today. It was still raining today but not as much.

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jmmiller- we had to have our house sprayed for ants 2 weeks ago. All the mildly cold weather drove them indoors- they even got in R's crib so I had to take the cribskirt off because they were climbing up it. Gross!

Trail Monster

Wow! I won't be able to hit everToday today!

shelby - not new! I didn't post much in RWOL but I post all the time in our FB group. My name is Sara.

spike - burning river is 100 miles. My best marathon so far was 4:33.

Managed to get in a one hour power hike today on inclines. Ended up with 4.2 miles. If I can get to where that speed is fairly comfortable I could potentially hike Burning River in under 24 hours. However, my best 50 mile time is 12:05 so I have a long way to go before July.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop