Womens Running

Meandering Monday (Read 18 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

POST PEOPLE!!!

Today is a shopping day.  Shoes, leather, chocolate churros, ceramics, more shoes, wine, olive oil, spices.  At least that is what is on my list.  The later is a Tapas Taverns and History tour, but not till later.  Have a feeling I will have some downtime.

Yesterday I hit a huge flea market that didn't appeal to me, the Reine Sofia (modern with Picasso, Dali, etc.) and the Prado (classic with Reubens etc.)  Loved the modern one, not so much on the Prado.  Seen enough of the dark Masters.  Then to a gourmet food market where you order tapas/wine and fight for a place to stand to eat/drink.  YUM.  Then dinner/flamenco, OMG to both.  Food was spectacular and the performance was wonderful.  Very successful evening.

Took my return COVID test today - negative.

Kinda all about me...  Apologies.

Margaret, bummed they are out of the PSL syrup here.  I do like them, but with only HALF the syrup and a triple shot.  MUCH less sweet and is the only halfway tolerable way to drink them.

Off to Starbuck shortly.  Then wander to shoes.  Espadrilles specifically.  Supposedly a well known shop with a line.  Opens early at 9.

Adios!

FLAMENCO

MARKET (I was going to attach the fish photo, but didn't want to gross folks out.)

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Haha, finally someone in Europe to start the topics for sake of change Smile

Did easy 40min run yesterday, was surprised that my legs didn't feel very heavy or anything. Oh well. Apparently I really didn't give my max in the race. The pace was a bit below what I expected, but I hadn't recovered fully yet, probably.

Kat, enjoy! And do NOT skip Tapa Taverns <3

HCK, are you wearing your Garmin 24/7? In such case the data will help for sure. It's essentially a mini-computer strapped to our wrists on daily basis and we sometimes underappreciate the data it gathers. It really helped me to notice smth was off when mono hit and I quoted the data (even showed GarminConnect charts) to doctors I visited and they were really interested to look into that as some sort of case study even. your case does sound like some sort of vitam deficiency, tho; have you had a bloodwork/vitamin panel?

Bad: my phone died after exposure to water, I didn't even drop it in sink or anything, it was rain. However, it was 5th time this has happened (turning off after getting some rain, drying out, back to normal in 4-5hrs), so I guess it lost all its lives, if we're talking in cat parallels.

Good: I bought a new one, it has 5G (insert vaccine jokes here)

Bad: the guy at Samsung store said my very closed and thick cover could have been holding the water inside after exposure, leading to condensation and killing the phone. That cover was gold, it could essentially protect from any kind of fall, so now I am sad and thinking whether I want to risk getting one again.

Good: I had apps and contacts synced on Cloud, so getting them back took less than 1hr

Bad: the damn phone is the size of my palm WITHOUT any covers (which I will need), and it was the SMALLEST available, how am I supposed to run with it!!?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

KIlmisters, yes, I wear the Garmin 24/7. That's the odd part in all this, my resting heart rate is lower than it's been in quite a while and stress is not elevated. Heart rate while running seems higher, especially for the pace.

ETA, I actually meentioned the garmin data last time I called our covid hotline. I had told the nurse that I frequently get headaches when the weather changes drastically and that I "know" it is just that since there is no rise in RHR or stress as there is when I am sick. She was actually interested in that.

Anonymous Guest

I don’t think my primary care doc knows me at all. My cholesterol went up, so she added some notes about working to bring it down. Last sentence: Please increase exercise.

um, okay lady….so back to ultras, I guess?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning! RD for me. In the office but I might do a Barre workout when I get home.

Kat, nice pics and glad you are having a splendid time.

Elina, nice run! Ugh at the phone.

HCK, yeah, allergies have been high and the sinus headaches are galore here too.

Karen, silly. With the running, you shouldn't need to even worry about that cholesterol (I assume it's a few points above 200). Mine one time was 224 and hubby was meh, you run. Next year it was below 200. But yeah, sign up for an ultra. LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ccoakley

Kats, sounds like an amazing trip!  Hope the shopping goes well

Kilmisters, glad you had such a great race!  Was the weather nice enough to enjoy the beach aspect?  I often wear my running vest just to hold my phone.

HCK, hope you can get some answers soon.

Karen, yeah doesn’t sound like she spent much time reviewing the rest of your info

Damaris, enjoy the RD, boo on the office!

Gatsby, glad you’re feeling better!  I can only get plain lattes at coffee shops, everything else is too disgustingly sweet!

Lori, nice on getting your virtual HM done!

LC runs, hope you’re having a great visit with your mom!

Doubled up my run with an errand this morning.  Dropped the car off to have the tires looked at since the low tire pressure light comes on every 2-3 weeks, sure enough 2 tires with slow leaks so we’re getting new tires.  Yay? Ran home from there, 7 mi with 30 min tempo in the middle.  These next couple weeks are going to be hard to dress for, 50 and windy when I started 60s and sunny when I stopped.  But I’ll take it over 90s and humid the whole time.  I didn’t run with a water bottle and I really missed it!  I don’t understand how people can run without water, I take mine on 95% of runs and always take a sip every mile whether I think I need it or not.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

LC Runs

Monday, Monday....glad it's half over ha ha

3.1 miles here at my Mom's, just did 3 laps around her hilly subdivision.  And...it was in the 30's so for all of you cold weather people, there ya go 

Kat - glad you are having a great time!!

Elina - yeah for a new phone but that's a pain with the size, at least as far as pockets go.  Do you have any leggings with side pockets?  Those usually hold large items pretty well.

Hi Kathi!

Karen - that's kind of funny. Next visit bring your running log LOL

Damaris - enjoy the workout, hope your office day is going quickly!

CC - tires are such a pain, I have one that goes low about every 6 weeks, BF has sealed the rims, etc I probably should replace all of them, but it just seems to be an ongoing issue.  Ironically, the tire I punctured a few months ago (when I was stranded on the side of the road waiting for AAA), BF patched that and I've not had another issue with it.  I am one of those people that never carries water, LOL

Work has been 'eh', which is about as good as it gets on a Monday, I suppose.  At least I have this Friday/next Monday off.  I had to move my work location at my moms', she got a new router and my WIFI was dropping every 10 minutes. I'm now sitting next to the router/modemm and it's been fine.  So that did not start my day off well, all of my calls were dropping ,etc.

Heading home tonight.  It's a beautiful day here, it's now around 60 degrees and sunny.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, glad to help share the early post!!!  Bummer on the phone, but always fun to get new toys.  Going on a guided tour tonight - Tapas, Taverns, and History.  Figure knowing SOMETHING besides good restaurants might be nice...

Hi Kathi!

Karen, do it!  I'll crew you, as long as you bring your snuggy for me...

Damaris, do you ever actually rest on rest days??

CC, bummer about the tires, that sucks.  I rarely take water in TOLERABLE weather under 10 miles.  Though I am a slow and lazy walker...  But in TX summers, not the same.

So, today was a shopping day.  Not sure if you would call it a success or not. I spent FAR FAR too much money.  Overboard.

Off to my tapas tour.

Later!!!

K

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Crossed with Laura, yeah, WORK Monday's do kinda suck.  However, Spain Mondays don't seem as bad...  (DUCKS)  Safe travels home.

K

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4 for me with an abs workout. It was WONDERFUL this morning. I think this week is our last long run - 12 miles. I am going to have to get up early one of these days and get a 6 mile weekday run in. Did 11 miles on Saturday. LOVED the route we did but man, it was hot and humid and it was TOUGH. My stomach was messed up the rest of the day. Getting excited about the race!

We had a great weekend. Lots of napping and a lot of activities for baby B! Went by way too fast. She starts daycare on Monday. Can you believe it has been 8 weeks already?! I am really going to miss our babysitter! I have a meet and greet with the daycare teachers this Wednesday. Debating taking the baby. Its at noon and I would have to go get the baby and then drop the baby back off when done. I don't think the meet and greet will last long. I just have a few questions.

Busy busy with work! Tomorrow is my anniversary! Can't believe its been 2 years already. Time flies! So much has happened in 2 years Smile Not doing anything special..haha. I need to at least get him a card!

Run4kupcakes – I hope the doctor can help figure out whats going on! Sorry you aren’t feeling well during the runs! Do you have an apt soon?

Margaret – Sounds like a great weekend! Did your dad just LOVE Ireland?? Had he ever been? I can’t stand pumpkin spice either.

CC – At least DS is waking you up for a nature call? 😊 We went to Lloyd Family Farms in Rockville! It was fun. It will be a lot more fun next year when baby B can participate in some of the kids activities. Only thing that stunk was most of the pumpkins were picked over so we didn’t even buy any – LOL. There is a church up the street that sells them so we will grab a few there. Great run this morning. I was out when it was 42 and it was WONDERFUL. Still in shorts but wore a long sleeve. Almost time for pants!! 😊 😊 Thinking about signing up for the Winter training team. That one starts near your house…maybe we could coordinate one morning 😊

Lori – I am so sorry to hear about the work situation. Any news on what will happen with your job?

Kilmisters – Congratulations on the race over the weekend!

Kathryn  - Pick me up a leather bag! LOL. Great news on the test. Enjoy the last couple of days!! My parents were just in Spain. They are on their way home now.

Karen – Sorry, had to laugh at what your doctor said. LOL…

Docket – Enjoy the rest day! Is it still Fall weather there?

Laura – Glad you finally got those pictures taken care of! Hope they turn out ok. Nice run this morning! How is your mom doing? 4 day weekend?! NICE.

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Update: we'll have 8pm-5am lockdown. Sigh.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Work was very gloomy today. Apparently other factories owned by stellantis are also losing shifts, including US and Europe. I'm hoping it's just them covering their ass due to chip shortage.  Should they permanently lose the shift I will still be working but as a floater. Low man,  floater status in all likelihood. Which basically means I wouldn't "own" my own job. I'd be covering people who are off sick,  so having to learn new jobs all over again. Downside to this? They're physical and I'm old. So I've got my fingers,  toes and boobs crossed that the wrist doesn't happen.

Today was a rest day so I didn't run but did my baby weights. I've decided to stop my membership at the gym and just workout at home.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**