Womens Running

SNOWED IN WEEKEND DIVAS (Read 17 times)

SassySparky

How is everyone? I'm obviously not snowed in but thinking of all the DIVAS affected by the storm!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: More rest, my throat really hurts. I feel so lethargic! I have been keeping up with Burpees but no running. Shin is definitely on the mend but I'm going to wait until Monday to try running again.

NRR: Just a happy busy weekend!  Today is music class, my uncle might be stopping by, and grocery shopping.  If I get some free time I'll probably do some work (reading, outlining my grant).  I need to have it done in a few weeks. And my dad and step mom are coming to visit tomorrow!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

monk717

Morning sassy! Sorry your throat hurts and glad your shin is getting better!

ER: Nothing today, no time, too tired, etc. I was happy that my pelvis didn't hurt after my walk yesterday because I wore my support belt.

NER: Just got done at the chiropractor, on my way to my massage in about five minutes! Its going to be a busy day. After my massage we're heading down to Rockford for the test drive, and before we get going we have a bunch of preparations to make. We're preparing assuming we'll be buying the car, we will unless there's a huge problem with the test drive. Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow. In between activities I do need to get some more house stuff done... same old same old I guess. We decided to junk the old car, it'll be picked up Monday. We're getting $200, better than nothing and that will help pay the tax and title fees for the new car, assuming we do get it.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Going for a trail run through 5 train tunnels today outside of Vegas - the turn-around point is Hoover Dam!  Got my burpees in already.

NRR: I got home late Thursday night, laid really low yesterday with DBF, and now I'm flying back to Las Vegas to spend two days with my best friend from grad school. I'm really excited - I haven't seen her in 3 years!

Sassy - Sorry about the throat. My cold started out like that, so good idea to take it easy.

Monk - Have fun at Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow!!

East Coast Divas - Stay safe in all that snow!!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

Sassy- Good job on the resting! I hope you're not getting sick and that your shins will be all better by Monday.

Monk- Enjoy your massage!! Good luck with the car purchase!

OWR- That sounds like a pretty cool run! How are things going at home with DBF and the furbabies?

RR. Leg/core workouts today. Went on a nice hike with DH and L last night.

NRR. Just found out my grandma (last surviving grandparent) is moving into an assisted living home. She's in her mid-eighties and has always been super independent, but said she's been having issues with dementia, so doesn't want to live alone anymore. She'll still have an apartment, but in a facility. Kind of sad for her. Sad She's in Indiana, so I don't get to see her much.

Working this morning, then I'm not sure! Tomorrow, I'm doing my LR and then meeting friends for lunch!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

Morning! We are alive! Smile

RR: Nada. Dang blizzard!

NRR: Well I have no idea how much snow we got, but the snow goes all the way up the mailbox pole, I'm guessing we got at least 2 feet. All I can see is WHITE! Poor DH is outside now trying to dig us out. I would help, but prepregnancy I have back issues, and with this belly, it's just not happening! So I'm making him muffins instead Smile Not much planned for today. We got the furniture all set up in the nursery last night. I want to take the tape off the window (DH painted the dark wood white) and do a good cleaning of the floor since there is drywall dust all over the place. I can't wait until it all comes together! My shower is tomorrow, so we'll have even more stuff to fill the room with then Wink

Sassy - I'm so sorry about the throat! I hope it doesn't turn into a full blown sickness. Glad the shin is feeling better at least.

Monk - So exciting about the car! Hope it goes smoothly. Have fun taking A to Chuckie Cheese tomorrow!

Have a great weekend ladies! I hope the rest of the NE DIVAS are safe!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Crossposts!

Outwest - Wow you are a world traveller! Wink Have a great time in Vegas! That's awesome that you are running to the hoover dam!

NC - Sorry to hear about your grandma. It's so sad to see them age! I think it's great that she decided on her own not to live alone. My grandma had alzeimers and it was a FIGHT to get her into a home because she was in super denial. So sad.

outwestrunner

NC - Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know it seems like a loss of independence for her, but view it as she got to live on her own for a very long time.  Things are going well with DBF and the fur babies. DBF even took Fay off-leash! It was nice to come home for even such a short time, just to see/hug/pet everyone.

MA - Have fun at your shower tomorrow!! How exciting! I hope the weather doesn't put a damper on it.

NorCal

You guys are right about my Grandma. It's good she's moving now while she can make that decision on her own. And it's an independent living place, so she'll be on her own, unless she needs help. Plus there's activities, dining, etc and it will help her be more social, which is a problem for her, especially in the winter, since she doesn't like to drive.

MA- Yes, of course you can't help shovel snow!! Even if you weren't pregnant, I think it's a good job for your DH! Plus, you could always tell him "not to be lazy" haha! Mmm muffins sound good!

OWR- Nice job DBF on taking Fay off leash! Of course, she's such a good dog, he's lucky!

PRs: 

LucyBelle

Happy weekend ladies!

RR: Just did P90X back and biceps, so about 45 minutes of ST. I am really concentrating on my back and arms since my wedding dress is backless and my arms will be on display come September! I am glad I didn't try to go out for a run, although we got less snow than predicted (we got maybe 10 inches) the wind is blowing hard and the windchill is -1. CRF went out and ran 12 miles and is seriously regretting that decision as everything went numb and his face got wind burnt. He's recovering in bed now.

NRR: Nothing too exciting going on today. I am going to check out the local food co-op to grocery shop for the coming week and probably stop at Target too since I have $75 worth of gift cards. CRF and I agreed to a wine and board game night tonight. Tomorrow we're going skiing for a half day in the morning. I've only been skiing once in my life and it was a year ago, so that should be interesting...

Sassy: Sorry about the sore throat! To me that is the worst symptom of a cold. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy your family this weekend!

Monk: Busy weekend for you! You better get that car seat in, aren't you full term now? Crazy!

Outwest: Whoa, I'd be worn out with all that traveling. Enjoy Vegas! Are you gambling or just visiting?

NC: Sorry to hear about your grandma, but at least she will still have SOME independence in an apartment, plus not have to worry that she's a danger to herself. I've been in facilities like that and some of them are really nice!

MArunner: I can't believe you guys got more than 2 feet of snow! That's what we were prepared for and it was kind of a letdown when we got less than a foot! Enjoy your shower tomorrow!!

OK off to shower...

MA runner girl

NC - LOL I laughed out loud. You are right!

Lucy - Crazy that you didn't get as much snow, you must have been closer to the edge. And also kind of funny that 10 inches is a let down! That's still a lot of snow! I can't beleive D went out for 12 miles in that cold! Brrrr, sounds awful!

monk717

We bought the car! It is a teeny bit beat up with some rust in kinda odd places, but mostly looks pretty good and its pretty nice on the inside and runs well. Took it over to my brother's house on the test drive and he looked at some of the mechanicals so that made us feel a lot better about it. And we got it home with our license plates without any kind of problem.

outwest: Busy girl! That run route sounds cool!

NC: Sorry to hear about your grandma, but I agree its good she could make that decision herself. DH's mom is having a really hard time dealing with his grandma (her mom) because she's having all sorts of problems and refuses to move into one of those facilities.

MA: DH and I couldn't believe some of the stuff we're seeing on the news about the blizzard! I can't believe how much snow you got! I hope DH got you guys dug out! Have fun at your shower tomorrow!

lucy: Sounds like a busy weekend for you! Yes I am full term now, crazy! We probably should have done the car seat sooner but it keeps getting pushed aside. Hopefully that will be done tomorrow. We have to put two car seats in now!

NorCal

Happy Sunday girls!

Lucy- OK, DF is officially CRAZY!!! LOL. How did he recover from that run? I would have DIED. I'm stalling going out this morning because it's 33 degrees (and sunny...). Wimp!

Monk- Congrats on the car! What kind is it?

RR. Heading out for 9!

NRR. Heading to lunch after my run!

PRs: