Womens Running

It's getting quiet in here Tuesday (dailies) (Read 15 times)

Kilmisters

Liz? Sandy? I hope you're all doing well!

This week in nutshell:

Day 6 of restrictions/lockdown. Some friends/colleagues of mine have fled to Poland/Greece/Spain/France. And yeah, it's cold here. Every day seems to be the same, because, well, everything's closed and have to be home by 8pm. Meh. 3 more weeks (at least).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Update: AirBnB booked in Tallinn, Estonia for Nov6-Nov13, last week of our lockdowns, at which point I'll probably be totally pissed off about this entire situation. Price was reasonable for the crib/location, it's 200m from a hypermarket and has a great kitchen; 400m from Old Town lunch/dining places and 2km from the seaside (so I am totally taking my running clothes!!). So, 11 more days to survive till then. I am planning to take an early bus (don't want the hassle of finding parking) to be there on Saturday noon and have enough time to check-in, explore surroundings and get my run in.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

It is quiet in here.    I've been busy, but now I'm tapering!    8x400m intervals today, it's getting chilly out, in the 30's.  Got my "new" car on Friday, a 2017 Subaru Legacy.  It's a pretty blue-gray.  Ran my last long run on Saturday morning, 16 miles.  Older DD passed her written driver's test and got her temps and I've been practicing with her.  Younger DD finished out her volleyball season and will be starting club volleyball soon.  I was on call this past weekend, got called at about midnight Sunday night.  But overall it was a nice weekend, TF even brought stuff over to make me dinner.  I'm going with TF when he does a half Ironman in Florida in December, we are driving.  So we spent time this weekend figuring things out for the trip and booking an Airbnb.  Small place with a patio overlooking a lake, should be nice and peaceful.

Elina, that really sucks about the lockdown!  At least you have something to look forward to with the getaway to Estonia!  No running rest days?  Huh?    I would vary the mileage on different days to mix things up.  Strength work... that is pretty important.  I might start with strength work on rest days... but I guess you don't have any of those.    I also have that book.

Kupcakes, ugh on the tire issues!  ... and the tampon shortage.  I don't need them anymore, fingers crossed...  it's been about 10 months.  I have to get them for my kids though, I'm fairly stocked up on them.  

Kat, awesome that you have another trip planned!  I enjoy living vicariously through you...   Life is all about the experiences.

CC, hope the shots went well!  I've gotten flu shots yearly without any issues, got mine on Friday... but I haven't had one at the same time as a COVID booster... hope you are feeling OK!

Damaris, it was a crappy day to run yesterday... luckily I only had 4 miles!    Indy is coming fast... hope we can meet up!

Margaret, glad you survived the storms!

Karen, nice 5K!  Awesome time with the short rest after Boston.

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have the 5 I didn't run yesterday. I could've run on the treadmill then instead but it will be 54F at 4pm and sunny today so better to wait.

Elina, nice. It's hard to compartmentalize and not worry about what you shouldn't so glad you're doing that.

Cathy, tapering here as well. But I've been waiting for taper for a while. Enjoying it. Big grin And yes, let's talk about a meeting. I am thinking of doing the expo Friday but it depends on work as it's not my off day. Let's plan at some point next week!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yes, too quiet!  I’m a little sporadic about posting but you know I’ll show up eventually. 

Update: AirBnB booked in Tallinn, Estonia for Nov6-Nov13, last week of our lockdowns, at which point I'll probably be totally pissed off about this entire situation. Price was reasonable for the crib/location, it's 200m from a hypermarket and has a great kitchen; 400m from Old Town lunch/dining places and 2km from the seaside (so I am totally taking my running clothes!!). So, 11 more days to survive till then. I am planning to take an early bus (don't want the hassle of finding parking) to be there on Saturday noon and have enough time to check-in, explore surroundings and get my run in.

Wooo!  

Turtles, you’ve been busy!  Yay for tapering, a new car, and a trip to FL.  The CA Ironman was supposed to be last Sunday but it was canceled bc if the storms. Mostly concerned about the swimming conditions and gusty winds wiping out the cyclists. They should have turned it into a marathon, no problems there. 

4.6 easy miles this morning. Glad I set my alarm, morning runs are just better for me. I’m going to try running before work instead of after during the week. 

CC, I’m jealous you got your booster. Our county hasn’t yet authorized sites to give J&J boosters (or to mix and match, which is what I want). Got a flu shot a few days ago, no issues there.

MTA: hi Damaris!  X posted. 

Back to work!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Cathy, looks like I'll have to go to the office on November 4th to get the PIV card set for the courthouse (we are moving there). If they confirm me on that day, I'll go to the expo that afternoon at 4pm. I'll keep you posted.

Margaret, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Cathy, looks like I'll have to go to the office on November 4th to get the PIV card set for the courthouse (we are moving there). If they confirm me on that day, I'll go to the expo that afternoon at 4pm. I'll keep you posted.

Sounds good!  I'm planning on driving starting in the morning so should be there by early afternoon.  I'll be in town until Sunday morning.  I'll be alone, TF can't come due to Dad duty.  

ccoakley

Kilmisters, yay for the escape!  Did you decide to go alone or w/ DH and minis?  Sounds like a really fun spot

Cathy, nice LR and speed workout this morning!  Sounds like your DDs have been quite busy.  FL weather should be awesome break for you in Dec

Damaris, enjoy your 5 outside!

Gatsby, I was able to make an appt at Walgreen's before VA authorized the mixing booster shots.  There was a hospital in SF that was giving j&J people Pfizer boosters in Dec, I almost went when we were at my inlaws.  But I'm sure it will be approved any day now, probably waiting on the IT to handle the influx of appts rather than deciding on actual health policy.

Yesterday I had a very sore arm but nothing else and then today pretty much exactly 24 hrs after to the min I got my shots I started feeling very, very tired.  Of course it was also as I was lacing up my shoes so I figured I'd try.  Originally planned 7 then figured I'd stop at 3 then after walking a bit thought I had 5 in me.  It was rough with lots of walking.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, yay for the escape!  Did you decide to go alone or w/ DH and minis?  Sounds like a really fun spot

I can pretty much decide last moment, AirBnb price doesn't differ, I just have to notify the host. He's 50/50 as he might have to go to Sweden, work-related project..

Docket_Rocket

Sounds good!  I'm planning on driving starting in the morning so should be there by early afternoon.  I'll be in town until Sunday morning.  I'll be alone, TF can't come due to Dad duty.  

Cool. We will plan more next week.

Damaris

Fundraising Page