Womens Running

(Over 40) On A Roll Weekend (Read 15 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Mother's Day weekend

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Likewise...for all who are mothers, or who had or have mothers, or who are or have been mother figures.

Waiting in the hotel room for time to walk down to the start of Fargo Marathon. I can see it from the hotel window, it's only about a 10 minute walk, and since the race starts at 8 AM and it's 35 degrees out I see no need to be down there an hour early. I'm not doing bag check. I could go look for the Maniacs, there are a lot of them doing this race, but I forgot my singlet so not pushing for that.

Good morning!  And happy mother's day weekend.  I'll be heading out with my RC for a few miles this morning.  Have to get some work done this weekend and will  go into the office tomorrow, blah.  Trying to enjoy today nonetheless.

Marjorie, I read about your blood blister earlier in the week.  How annoying, especially since it sounds like you were wearing your usual shoes?  Hope the Nimbus work out.

Tessa & Carol, hope your races are going well.

Ginny, how's your back?

Hi to everyone else.  Enjoy the day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.4 miles. Now puppy pool.

Gatsby the nimbus were good. I didn't go as far today because of time. Only problem when I go to a heavier shoe the first few runs my foot gets numb.  Always been like that. The lighter shoes I didn't have that problem

good luck Tessa. I'd wait too. Especially that temp

Marjorie

Good luck Tessa!!

9.5 lovely blue sky trail miles... I posted this pic with caption "Feeling happy in a room without a roof." Love me a run through a stand of pines.

Had my requisite downed tree to duck under so a good run.

And had lots of company since there was a mountain bike race going on.  Legs did get scratched up from all of the jumping into the bare branches on the side of the trail.  Got to see the riders twice since they combined loops.  Picked up my share of dropped water bottles so that they didn't hit them and moved a few tipped over traffic cones for them too.

Saw this guy and but didn't kiss him. My life is complicated enough without a prince being in it.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, can you imagine trying to explain that to your DH? "I kissed him and he turned into a prince."

We need to get you out here to run Shadow of the Giants, you would love it.

Marjorie, sorry about the blister! I am about to try my new Nimbuses, thank you expo special.

GatsbyBird, sucks that you have to go to work today.

Finished! North Dakota is on my list. That makes 22 states, 81 fulls/ultras. 4:48, bad positive split, but I'm reasonably satisfied. It got warm as the morning wore on and it was quite windy.

Getting ready to walk across the river to the Viking museum (first time I ever heard the Vikings got this far up the Mississippi/Missouri watershed) and then to an early dinner.  Will try and do a full race report but it may not be for a few days.

Bikerchick1

Happy Mothers Day to all!

Lisa - Love those trail pictures!!!

Marjorie - Nice on the Nimbus - I used to run in them, I did like them!

Gatsby - bummer on having to work tomorrow Sad  HOpe you have a good run toay.

Tessa - Congrats on your Marathon!!!  Woohoo, you have quite an impressive amount of races under your belt!

Finished the 25k with a PR for me!  Had a great run, felt strong the entire time, and it has some hilly areas.  Was a gorgeous day, tho did get warm at the end.  All in all it is such a great event, plenty of aid stations, etc.  Did have a garmin malfunction, and for some reason only tracked time.  But they had mile markers at every mile, so I just went by average, and ran by feel!  I have to say it kept me from constantlly checking my pace...hmmmm....might be a new plan for me!

Carol

Ugh. Legs all scratched up from jumping into the bushes and I'm going to California (Dana Point, south of LA) on Wednesday.

Tessa-nice time in Fargo.

Carol - congrats on the Pr!

Lisa

Good morning!  I hope the mamas out there are being spoiled and feted and sleeping in (must be, since I'm the first one posting today, haha).  I'm off to work but hope to finish up in time to get in a few miles this afternoon.  I will call my Dad for mother's day (Mom developed Alzheimer's many years ago, very advanced now).   Enjoy the day and give a hug (whether real or in your mind) to the moms, step-moms, and mom-like figures in your lives.  Have a great day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Happy Mother's Day!

Ran at "Ma"-bury park. 8.5 wildflowery trail miles.

Lisa

ginnyb

i never looked at my watch at all this morning, not even for mileage and ended up getting 12 miles in!  Slow, but steady and I felt good.  My back is fine, don't know what that was the other night.

Busy day yesterday and today probably will be also.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.10 for me today  Dh got the pups up and out of our room early so I could sleep in a bit. He also got me cute cards from the dogs

Tessa great job on the race.

Carol  I like the Nimbus.  My foot still went tingly around mile 4. If I stop and walk it stops. Then I can run again. My Kayanos did that too. Kayons are too stable for me. I need more neutral and I loved my Blurrs. Just the heavier shoe and more rigid sole. My Blurrs never did it. But they have a much more flexible sole.

Ginny that hat is great getting in 12. Loved the house pics on FB

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

10 easy yesterday and 6 today with a couple at marathon pace and a couple at half marathon pace, just to try to remember what they feel like. I'll taper this week for my half on Saturday - the miles at half marathon pace were kinda hard.

Tessa, congrats on another marathon and another state!

Carol, congrats on the PR and especially on feeling strong the entire time!

Hi to all! I haven't accomplished much this weekend, have been kind of tired and headachy. So I need to get some chores done before heading out to dinner.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel