Womens Running

Last day Thursday - Supermoms (Read 360 times)

runninmer

Rocky -So the apple doesn't fall from the tree huh?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

Bermy - Thanks! I think you hit the nail on the head with your advice about talking during the run! S is usually quite content if I have her out for a stroller run with RP - must be because she is listening to us chat the whole way. 

Rocky - OMG. MIL's laziness and messiness are annoying, but knocking Emily down and ripping the baby gate off the wall is RIDICULOUS. What would happen if you totally blew up at her? 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rocky- I love my MIL a lot and I have been rude to her when she pissed me off at my house, or even at her house for that matter. If DH can't Man Up and talk to your MIL about the lengths of visits and her helplessness, then you need to step in. I don't like to sugarcoat stuff though, so when my MIL said that she didn't like staying on an air mattress I told her then we didn't have room for her at our house and she could stay in a Motel, and I have already told her not to expect us to visit multiple times a year once R is 2 and we will have to pay for his airline seat. Will you still have a guest room when the new baby comes? Maybe MIL will have to stay with BIL and just visit you guys on the weekend??  MIL sounds like one of those people that announces their intentions and doesn't follow through, so you might just have to start bossing her around or at the very least saying "MIL, would you please set the table? or Would you please clear out the sink while I finish up  __ with Em, then I will get dinner started?"

Ernie- +1 on a full belly. I don't give R snacks in the stroller because I don't want to deal with the mess, so I just give him a meal right before we go. I will give him a strawcup in the stroller though. We are having a harder time right now because its cold and R doesn't like his feet bound up in blankets or a bundleme and hates his mittens. R only gets a binky in bed/carseat/stroller, and that usually help keeps him calm. I have a sunshade, but R freaks if he gets the sun in his eyes and won't keep sunglasses on, so I keep a light Aiden + Anais blanket in the stroller to use as an extra shade if needed. If he starts getting fussy, I try to engage him by talking to him about what we see and/or singing snippets of songs. Obv this won't work if you are like Bermy and doing speed intervals on a hill Smile

Bermy- sorry to burst your bubble. DH is probably one of the best looking/in shape guys on our department. We have a lot of tubby guys, there arent the same phys standards with volunteers..

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike- stop - don't say another word... I am sticking with my ideal of fire fighters staying in peak ripped physical shape so they can rescue kittens. The rest I don't want to know about.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runswithrocky

...and now she's claiming she's not hungry for lunch and that she'll just have a cookie instead...

Sorry that you ladies have to hear about this for the next few weeks!  I'll try to be brief.

nolamama

CQTM

Bermy - don't dismay...there are still lots of hot FF's out there!! Although this conversation is reminding me of the Sex & the City where Samantha hits up the firehouse and they are all sitting around, not being real hot, watching TV...LOL

Here: http://denver.metromix.com/home/standard_photo_gallery/burning-up-the-pages/2582964/content

beckykay

Rocky:  No worries since you have to read about my crazy work drama (to which I am making a list of things that bossman needs to discuss with her as we speak because he is too lazy to do it).

Nola:  Oh man, thank you!  This made my day, and probably DH's too since there is nothing sexier than a hot firefighter Smile  I am with Bermy, don't burst my bubble.

Sorry I am lamo today....I might be back later when I get home but gotta finalize this divorce decree so our client can be divorced before the new year.

nolamama

CQTM

Becky - nothing like a good divorce to start the new year off right!