Womens Running

Push Yourself WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I would have been livid too. Cutting in line is bad enough, but when he cuts and gets the last of what you were waiting for? Not cool at all.

DD has similr complaints except she is on the other side of the counter. They only make so many of some bagel flavors and when they're out, they're out. Some people come in and clean them out of certain flavors, say "gimme six asiago, three cinnamon raisin, two blueberry and a sesame" and the person behind them says "I would really like one of the asiago bagels, please, that's all I want" and the person ordering a dozen won't give up one bagel. Yes I know the person behind them should have got there earlier but still...

Diane, tailgaters are also annoying. Yes, you hope for a deer. Or a skunk.

Carol, regarding top of foot pain, I find something that helps is to stretch the top of the foot -- stand on one leg, point the toe of the other foot, bend knee, place the tops of the toes on the floor, and push down gently so you're stretching the foot especially the "hinge" where the front of the shin meets the top of the foot.

No lunch run. I had a meeting.

LC Runs

1 TM mile this am, 2 outside miles pm.  I told BF I needed to run after work or I might cause bodily harm to someone, he's like, "oh boy, okay then!"  Work sucks, nothing much else to say...  On a positive note, my back is feeling fine now (weird)!

Lizzie - great run this morning!  Ugh on the airfare, it is crazy how much it costs to fly.  I was just looking at flying to NC to visit a college friend in this summer and it's like $500 round trip for just me!

Margaret - the moon has been so beautiful the past couple of nights!

Judy - hope you had a good run! I ran at our local wellness park tonight and it was slippery, I actually ended up cutting through and running some of it on the roads.

Sue - ugh, sorry about the stiffness, hope it resolves soon.

Hi Carol - I hope the foot is feeling okay now.

Hey Diane!!  I shouldn't watch as much tv as I do, I love to read but really slack with it during the colder months.

Sandy - what an awesome run, the snow is fun but definitely difficult!  I am SO with you on the only Wednesday thing!!

Ginny - yeah for having Thursday and Friday off!!

Lisa - LOL on the no coffee at DD's. When I first met BF, he didn't drink coffee...he quickly bought a coffee pot and now drinks more than I do!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris I'm not sure what an empanada is but I'd have been livid...especially today.  No matter what time I leave I have this ass hat who lives down the road from me tail gate...so today I actually slammed on the brakes and he had to swerve to the side to avoid hitting me.  Then he stayed way back until he passed me later.  The cnty hwy is 65mph but he/she has to do at least 70 or more.  I'm hoping for a deer and then I will laugh as I drive by....mean I know it but I hate when people tailgate.

Grrr.

This is a beef empanada.  The one I wanted. There were other flavors but I said FTS and left, LOL:

Damaris

LC Runs

Kat (and Lizzie) - I went to Aruba about 20 years ago and loved it!  I remember it was really windy there!  Did I miss anything about the possible new job?  What did you decide?

Hi Karen - glad you are feeling better!

Cathy - ugh on the credit card but so cool about the race team!  I totally failed on the January ab challenge, so I will try in February.  I did a few days but then with my back I didn't want to risk it.

Hey Damaris!  How did the 10 go? UGH on the asshat this morning, people really suck sometimes!!

Elina - awesome job on the 8! LOL about my 3 TM miles...I did run outside last weekend though!!

Diane - OMG, I have done that, too.  When I first moved to town, some lady was tailgating so I slammed on my breaks to teach her a lesson, scared the crap out of her...of course, later I thought about how, in a small town, the person may have been a native and recognized me (through my husband at the time) since everyone 'knew' everyone back then!

Hi Tesssa!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The day got worse.  Went out for my run and was at Mile 2.5 when the vet called to tell me Bugsy globulin levels didn't go down but in fact, up.  That means either the stomatitis (chronic illnesses can do that) or cancer.  I am taking him to the vet tomorrow so they can do a test that might shed more information.  My mojo went out the window so I went back home. Finished 6.06 and I'll do the 10 tomorrow.  Serving myself a martini as we speak.  Fuck this day.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Tried to see the moon this morning, but it was behind house in the short window that we had here. Oh well.

Docket, I hate people cutting in line.

CrazySue, when we moved in, our master bath was sponge painted. The base was Pepto pink, with darker pink, green, blue and white. We got some green to do a quick fix on the overly pink room and eventually repainted. The wallpaper was way worse and there was only 1 wall in the house without it. That wall was painted teal.

LC Runs

The day got worse.  Went out for my run and was at Mile 2.5 when the vet called to tell me Bugsy globulin levels didn't go down but in fact, up.  That means either the stomatitis (chronic illnesses can do that) or cancer.  I am taking him to the vet tomorrow so they can do a test that might shed more information.  My mojo went out the window so I went back home. Finished 6.06 and I'll do the 10 tomorrow.  Serving myself a martini as we speak.  Fuck this day.

Oh, man, I'm sorry, Damaris.  I agree with your Fuck this day!  Enjoy the martini Smile

Hi Kupcakes!  I am guilty of sponge painting back in the day LOL!

LOL on the coffee maker comments. they don't drink it so makes sense to not have a coffee maker. Plus it's a one bedroom apartment.

Lots of seafood tonight and one big Michelada. Will run in the morning for sure! Nice to be back ladies.  I decided to stick out my tongue at the stay dark thing at this point. It's not like I say anything noteworthy anyway. LOL

I'm registered for Brazos Bend marathon using my race credit from Franklin Mountains.

Sandy-I'm feeling fine after the race. Only reason I had short run was because of late night and having to work this morning. Yeah... that workout sounds "awesome." Not.

Diane-woohoo on the 50! You are most welcome on the post and of course you look up to me...I'm a stately 5'1"! LOL

Ginny-we were milage twins with our two miles today! Check out Brazos Bend... Affordably priced and it will have the support of a hundred miler so that same awesome trail vibe as you experienced at Run Woodstock with about as minimal stress over time as is possible. All events start on Saturday morning. 100 mile starts at 6am. 50 mile starts at 7am. Marathon starts at 7:30am. Half starts at 8am.  They ALL have a final loop start on Sunday at 7am. Course cutoff is 12pm on Sunday. One 10 foot hill. hard crushed rock, soft trail and easy horse trails.

Kathryn-I'm planning on wearing the gaiters at Antelope. Will see then how well they work. They've done pretty good in the past on sand and debris. Sorry the feet are still sore.

Karen-good to hear you are returning to the land of the living!

Cathy-bummer on the CC! Whee on the local race organization!

Damaris-Oh I got TWO large coffees. And tonight TWO empanadas... I thought of you. Tomorrow will be better.

Tessa-Nice run!

Lizzie-Why does the world feel so much better right after we have registered for a race? I feel better having signed up for Brazos Bend. LOL

Sue-the actual painting part is relaxing. It's all the set up and cleanup that sucks.

Elina-LOL on the run while talking to boss. How do you remember what you talked to them about?  I never would. Siberia like weather can't be good.

Laura-You are smart to let BF know what needs to be done...run!

Lisa