Womens Running

A Thursday that feels like a Tuesday PREGGOS (Read 317 times)

youjustpassedme

Post!

youjustpassedme

Morning all!

PGR: 37w4d Had  my doctor appointment yesterday, though he called in sick so his nurse/assistant took my weight (normal gain over the holidays!), blood pressure and I did the swab myself for the strep culture (I'm hard core!). It takes a WEEK for the results, so hopefully the little one will stay put until the results are back.  The insomnia continues - no acid reflux last night (yay) but I was up at 5:30 with a craving for tea and toast with jam. Craving satisfied - now I want to go to bed again, but that would aggravate the acid reflux.  So instead, I started this thread in the dark while the dog looks at me, wondering if I'll take him out now or wait until his usual time (it feels like -14C outside right now, so I'm angling towards waiting until his usual time).

ER: Did the DVD yesterday and also had my awesome prenatal massage. So lucky to have this covered under DH's medical plan. I want to bring my masseuse to the labour room - or teach DH everything she knows. Ha. Today might be a rest day depending on whether I can sneak in a cat nap (one of the benefits of working from home!)

NPGR: Just wrapping up some work assignments. I have a feeling I'll be sending emails in between contractions. I'm supposed to have a call today but I've asked the client twice now what time I'm expected to hear from them - they have a tendency anyway of calling when they feel like even when we've set a time. Frustrating.

CanadaJazz

Youjust: watch out I had Zeb the day i got the swab!! they treated me as 'unknown' since the restults take so long.

Ok few mins before feeding..

So we went to the all nighter for youth group, felt fine, kinda sick but I thought it was because life of pie is on the water..( were at the movies). I went home to sleep at 1:30-2, woke up at 2:30 with wet underwear and it kept leaking.. so after a good almost hour of sleep my water broke.. great. Went to the hospital and yup! it was my water! I was having a few contractions but they were 13 mins apart, so they gave me the epidural ( LOVE IT) and I laid down waiting to go.. so for the next 6 hours I had sparce contractions, I was dialated though, and whenever I ocntracted his HR would drop a lot, they thought the cord was wrapped around or something so decided after 8 hours or so to just give it a go, I pushed about 6 times and he popped out! )the yused the vaccuum, plus he was only 5 pounds 8 ounces so it was fairly easy)

I have a 2nd degree tear and my anus is bruised (OUCH MY GOODNESS).. .which is worse than labor itself!

He isn't getting enough milk ( not a good latcher and Im not a good producer) so we're doing both BM and formula which is working well!  Except it takes both of us.. and about an hour for us to finish each feeding.. every three hours. Maybe once my milk comes in it will be easier.  We might just switch to bottle and pour the BM in each time to save some time and so one person can FINALLY get some sleep.

Ok gotta run! he's a cutie, check out the pics in fb. I think things will get easier when he's a normal size!

MA runner girl

Morning!

YJPM - At our appts (I'm doing group ones for now) we do our own weight, blood pressure and test our urine for sugar and protein before seeing the midwife. Seems crazy that the strep culture takes a week! I hope baby stays put. Sorry you woke up so early!

Canada - Congratulations!! What a quick birth it was, but sounds like it was hard on your body. I hope your recovery is quick. Good luck getting the hang of feeding, sounds like a long process!

RR: 3 miles after work tonight.

PGR: 28w4d. I put on my work clothes, looked in the mirror and was a little shocked! Feel like I grew overnight. Hard to believe there is still at least 2 months of growing... I was super tired last night, proof that I way over did it on New Years Day. Lesson learned.

NPGR: My husband is the best! He spoiled me with dinner (pork chops, potatoes and salad) last night AND cleaned up the kitchen (mostly). Then this morning I realized I forgot to get gas and it was 5* out and I had wet hair, so he went and got it for me while I finished getting ready. Smile The commute was awful this morning... took me twice as long (and my commute is 30 miles!) to get here because there were 2 several mile backups due to accidents. People need to sloooow down!

Hoping today is a better work day! At least it's Thursday!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

TNesq

yjpm - impressive on the self-administered medical stuff...yay for the massage.

Canada - thanks for sharing your story - that was a crazy-fast labor! I hope feeding goes easier and you get some sleep!

MA - yikes to the long commute, but yay for the great husband!  My hubby usually cooks, but doesn't clean the kitchen - but he did both yesterday as well!

PGR: 20w2d.  Nothing much new. u/s tomorrow!  My mom asked way back when I was like 8 weeks if I wanted a chalk board to take pictures for pregnancy - like what is all over pinterest.  I wasn't really that interested, but it's easier to just go along with whatever she says, so I said yes - she finally dropped it off this past weekend - it is 7ft tall, and just a board painted with chalkboard paint, not framed or anything.  Why 7 feet tall, you ask?  I have no idea. So I feel obligated to use it, even though we're already halfway through the pregnancy, but I am not excited about it, so DH had to remind me to smile last night when we took the picture.

ER: Walk at lunch?  Not sure yet. Was going to do a video this morning, but was too tired and went back to sleep.

NPGR: DH and I are doing date night tonight, thinking going to see Les Mis or Django unchained - not sure which yet.  I'm definitely coming down with some sort of cold yuckiness, which is making me all sorts of tired...grr.

TNesq

yjpm - impressive on the self-administered medical stuff...yay for the massage.

Canada - thanks for sharing your story - that was a crazy-fast labor! I hope feeding goes easier and you get some sleep!

MA - yikes to the long commute, but yay for the great husband!  My hubby usually cooks, but doesn't clean the kitchen - but he did both yesterday as well!

PGR: 20w2d.  Nothing much new. u/s tomorrow!  My mom asked way back when I was like 8 weeks if I wanted a chalk board to take pictures for pregnancy - like what is all over pinterest.  I wasn't really that interested, but it's easier to just go along with whatever she says, so I said yes - she finally dropped it off this past weekend - it is 7ft tall, and just a board painted with chalkboard paint, not framed or anything.  Why 7 feet tall, you ask?  I have no idea. So I feel obligated to use it, even though we're already halfway through the pregnancy, but I am not excited about it, so DH had to remind me to smile last night when we took the picture.

ER: Walk at lunch?  Not sure yet. Was going to do a video this morning, but was too tired and went back to sleep.

NPGR: DH and I are doing date night tonight, thinking going to see Les Mis or Django unchained - not sure which yet.  I'm definitely coming down with some sort of cold yuckiness, which is making me all sorts of tired...grr.

TNesq

ack - sorry for the multiple posts!

Liz0330

Hi everyone!

Just getting back into the swing of things. We got back from California on Tuesday night - late - and back to work yesterday. It was a nice vacation, though trip home was pretty exhausting.

ER- Ran 4.5 miles this AM. Ugh, felt pretty rough. After a couple good runs early on our trip to CA (when we were in SoCal), I didn't run at all when we were in the mountains. I did get out snowshoeing for 2+ hours pretty much every day, so I was active. But just not the same level of impact, so getting back on the road felt hard. The bladder pressure is pretty uncomfortable. Yesterday and day before did nothing, between travel and jet lag, so hoping to get back into the swing...

PGR - 27weeks5days. Almost 28! Have a midwife appt tomorrow and my gestational diabetes test. Definitely feeling big. Starting to feel a bit nervous about all the stuff we have to do. My running friends back home are pitching in to buy me a BOB. I'm excited (it's our usual thing for new moms, but I am the last to go as they are all several years older than me). I don't think the BOB will work as our main stroller, though, because we live in the city and things are cramped. But I'm worried about where we'll put two strollers in our small-ish apartment, plus the fact that any stroller must be carried up a steep flight of stairs... really starting to think moving is going to need to happen soon after baby. Thoughts anyone?

NPGR - busy at work. With the new-ish job feel like I still have a lot to accomplish in the next 12 weeks!

---

YJPM - hope you get your catnap! Wish I had prenatal massage covered!

CJ - Congrats!! Wow, how exciting. Hope you guys figure out your feeding issues. Do you have access to a lactation consultant at all in your area? Good luck with the recovery. Hopefully it won't be long before you are back to "normal."

MA - Sorry about the commute and, having read your troubles yesterday, hope today is better at work! My husband keeps commenting, "wow, it just keeps growing!" (of my belly). He says this with wonder and excitement, so I can't really be mad at him...and it's kind of true! Today he said I looked like I was hiding a basketball under my shirt...haha.

Okay, at home for a few minutes between a meeting and going in to office, so better get down to business!

Liz

Liz0330

TN- funny about the chalkboard. I saw Les Mis over the hols...was pretty good. Good luck with the U/S!

MA runner girl

So I just scheduled my 1 hour gestational diabetes test for tomorrow morning @ 7:30... they said nothing to eat/drink after midnight?? I didn't think it was a fasting?? I remember my midwife even said have eggs beforehand or something with no sugar. But the woman was adamant that it was fasting...?

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

Ozzyoi

Good morning,

YJPM - Boo on the insomnia - how are the bags under the eyes? Good luck finishing the work assignments before contractions Smile

CJazz - thanks for stopping in with your story, sounded like things happened very quickly, I hope the nether regions recover soon and the milk comes in Smile

MA - your DH sounds likes he's really looking out for you, enjoy indulging a little Smile

TN - too funny on the chalkboard idea Smile Although I think by the end of pregnancy you might appreciate having recorded the changes, I can't believe how "slim" i was at 21 weeks! I hope you can ward off any cold and enjoy your date night.

Liz - Sounds like you had an awesome holiday, did I mention how envious i am of the snowshoeing ????!! Ha. Enjoy getting back into a routine. We got a second hand BOB and intend to use it as our main stroller, i'm hoping I can get by with a baby carrier for other things (Moby Wrap, beco butterfly) til we decide if we need a lightweight stroller? We have a bit more space than you though...

PGR - 36w3d. Ack! Crazy preggo day yesterday. was at my friends getting some maternity shots yesterday and after 20mins had to insist on sitting down, everything felt so LOW. THEN I had menstrual cramps on and off for 2 hrs, kneeling on her couch resting my arms on the ends while I watched her play with the pics on the computer helped a lot. The cramps/BH/contractions subsided enough for the flight. I wasn't sure if my body would let me workout but I went anyway and did a very slow easy 45mins before bailing (but it felt good just to move). Then after getting home the cramps sent me into a hot bath (I actually normally dislike warm baths/spas but this has always helped ease cramps) for 20min. Didn't feel much the rest of the night but definitely a little more fluid leakage...anyways DH mocked me when i said I'd put myself on "bedrest" til we see the midwife - as basically that was just last night, hopefully the m/w will be here around 9am Smile And hopefully she'll just say the baby has dropped (pretty certain of that), all is fine....??  Really want LO to hang out in there for another week...

ER - well, if I get the okay i want to get to the pool today, might mix up some laps with water running...otherwise a walk....otherwise sitting on my butt??? (NNNnnnnnnoooooooo!!)

NPGR - Our flight yesterday was just beautiful, I'll see if I can post a pic here. It always amazes me to know I live in such a beautiful part of the world. My meatloaf turned out great last night, so easy, why have i waited so long?? Oh, and one huge ear and a bunny tail to go on my crochet rabbit...

Hmm, not sure if I can get that pic in...

monk717

Good morning!

ER: 50 minutes on the elliptical this morning. My HR is going up faster, getting higher and staying there longer. This happened as I got to the end of my last pregnancy too. It was a good workout and my legs are sore now.

PGR: 31w6d. Doctor's appointment this morning. I wasn't looking forward to the weigh-in, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was... 10 pounds, and the last time I was weighed was less than a month ago! But I suppose I've been averaging 7-8 per month, and thats only a few extra for the holidays, but yuck. At least my appointments from here on out are more frequent so it won't be that many at a time again! I'm up 41 overall, which is still better than last time, and my belly is measuring perfect, so hopefully that means P will be smaller. I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for only 40 overall this time! Doc said it felt like he was head up at this point, but he still has plenty of time and plenty of room to flip around. And he flips around a lot! Oh and my back hurts SO BAD this morning after my workout. Last week the one workout I got in made my back feel better, but that hasn't been the case yet with this one! I'm so uncomfortable right now.

NER: I still have this voice and congestion thing, but its getting better. So the new purse that I bought this weekend... regularly $90 (got it on sale at Kohl's for about $40)... I took it out of the house the first time yesterday and barely out of the house noticed its broken, one of the clasps. Its a bigger one on the front of the purse that closes a pocket, but its a magnet. The clasp is fastened on both sides by what looks like a screw (but there was no hole where the screw went through) and one of them fell out. If it was a button or something I'd make due, but the magnet doesn't stay. I didn't keep the receipt. What are the chances I could still exchange it? It just stinks because I usually buy my purses from goodwill but decided this year I want a nice new purse for Christmas. Even if I can exchange it, it took me a REALLY long time to pick it out (I'm picky about my purses, lol) and it was the only one of that design, so I'll have to find time to pick another new one. Ugggh. And I can't go back to using my old one because I gave it to A and she LOVES having Mama's old purse to play with. I'm trying to debate if I can fix it in some way, but I shouldn't have to fix a brand new $90 purse!

Mannluna

PG: Nothing new. I'm not a big breakfast person usually yogurt or a luna bar will hold me over until my midmorning snack but today I'm really hungry.  I had a luna bar then went to the work cafeteria for some potatoes and bacon.  It was delish!  I could eat another serving!

RR: No running since my 1mi last Friday :-(  The weather has been great for running outside.  Sunny with highs in the 50s. Cant wait to try by support band tomorrow. Hoping Amazon is on time with delivery!  I'll head to the gym for spin class if I can get in otherwise the elliptical it is.

You: I hate waiting for test results.  Hope you get them sooner.

Canada: Congrats!!  Sounds like a pretty easy delivery :-)  Good luck with BF and keep us posted if you can.

MA: Sounds like a yummy dinner!!!  Hope your day gets better.

TN: I saw Djano Unchained over the weekend with DH.  I thought it was good and would recommend it in you're a QT fan.  If you can’t handle violence and foul language then you might want to skip it.  Also be sure to use the potty before it’s a long one.  But I heard Les Mis is too.  Hopefully, I get to see it next but with a GF.  I don’t know what I would do with a 7ft chalk board.  Sorry but that is hilarious!

Liz: 4.5 is great!  Bad run better than no run :-)  Looking online I thought the BOB Revolution would be the perfect everyday stroller and jogger but it’s too bulky for my everyday stroller and DH didn’t like it.  I'm hoping I can find a used BOB ironman strictly for running.  I can park it the garage since most my running will be in the neighborhood and nearby bike trail.  I won’t have to travel with it.  As for everyday stroller, I’m comparing the Baby Jogger City Mini and Britax B agile. Both approx 17lbs and easy fold. But still undecided.

Ozzy: I dont remember the last time I took an actual bath.  Enjoy your rest.  Your pics didnt come through on my end.

MonK: are you using a support band?  bummer about the purse.

Ozzyoi

MA - I never did the GD test so sorry can't advise though i believe I've seen both forms - some do the fasting blood sugar as well as the GD? (which always sounded a bit cruel for pg women i thought)...

Monk - re; the back pain post workout - have you been wearing a maternity band for the extra support? can't recall if i asked you that alread, but it definitely sucks trying to sleep with a bad back! As far as the purse...maybe it'll be like Walmart where you can take an item back without a receipt? or can you talk directly to the manufacturer of the purse? Anyways, doesn't hurt to give kohls a try, the worst they'll do is say no...VERY frustrating though when you waited specifically to get that exact one.

MA - i hope you get the band in the mail soon...potatoes and bacon sound rather delicious Smile

More PGR - I believe i just witnessed my mucus plug escape....(sorry if tmi)...m/w will be here in 30mins...

DrTremendous

yjpm - massage covered by insurance? yes please!

CJ - congrats!

TNesq - are you supposed to trace your outline or something?  I don't know what I'd do with a chalkboard that big either (then again, I'm not on Pinterest so I just may be clueless!)  Can't wait to hear how the u/s goes, we just got ours scheduled for Feb 1st, I'm already counting down the days.

Liz - have you done a lot of snowshoeing?  DH and I just got invited on a ski trip in early March; I won't be able to downhill ski so I was considering trying to find alternate activities and snowshoeing is high on my list.  I think I'll be ~26w then, any recommendations?

ozzy - I hope the contractions have subsided and that you get to meet with your midwife asap!

Mann - wow, I can't imagine not being a breakfast person!  I'm definitely one of those that is getting my extra 300-500 kcals by having a second breakfast.  Hope you get your belly band soon, from what I hear I will probably try to order one sometime soon too.

PGR:  17w.  Had an OB appointment yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat again, louder and clearer this time. Smile  Had the blood draw for the integrated second tri screening, so I will be anxiously awaiting those results sometime in the next week, but very grateful that everything seems to be going well so far!

RR: Going to take the dogs for a walk and try the Perfect Pregnancy workout video tonight - I've been doing some light strength/circuit training, but this will be my first time with this video so I'm interested to see how it goes

NRR:  We went to Memphis for New Year's Eve to watch our bowl game and celebrate with friends.  The bowl game was awful, but it was so much fun to see our friends from undergrad, don't get to see them often enough.  Just settling back into the work routine now, I need to get a draft of a report submitted sometime in the next day or so, better get to it!

(GlassHalfFull from RW)