WHEEEEEEEEE....

Post 'em!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.3 for me. Had to make it an even 45 miles for the week Wink Heading to Core class in a few!

Good run - it was raining and it was wonderful. I need a massage. The lady I was going to doesn't have a studio anymore and is going to peoples homes. I don't mind her coming here, I just dont have somewhere private to do it on the first floor. I would be worried about Ruger getting grouchy or HCF coming home. I am going to look on the RVA runners forum and see if they have any suggestions of other therapists.

Not too much planned for this rainy weekend. Need to clean this house and make some decisions on wedding stuff. We are having dinner with his parents tonight. I can't remember the last time I saw them. HCF goes over there quite frequently but his parents are very negative and its hard to be around. His mom sometimes calls crying because she wants to see him even though she saw him the day before? They always want to go somewhere and travel but never do it and then complain about it. Its hard to listen to sometimes! Just a mini vent there. Dinner should be fun though! Wink Sushi!

Laura - Nice run yesterday! See, that is why I have been enjoying not being in training. Yes, I am still running distance..but..I don’t “have” to. Its just knowing I don’t have to I think Smile Uh oh! All of your kids with be driving!

Margaret - BUMMER you have to work this weekend Sad Glad you were able to take some time yesterday afternoon for yourself! Just a surface crack, but like Laura said - I let the it fester and it has just spread across the entire windshield. Opps. Hope you get to enjoy some of your weekend!

Hi Tessa! Hope all is well with you!!

Kathryn - I was thinking of getting some Starbucks espresso this morning after the gym!

Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Today is national Rosé Day (as in the wine, not the flower.)  Tomorrow is national Donald Duck Day...

Awake a few before 5am and up about 5:15.  Decided to just get up, have coffee, and head out at sunrise (6:30) for a brief run as I want to be at REI at 9am for the garage sale.  Aint no way I will be running after in this heat.  Comfy 72 out currently.  And then I M.U.S.T. mow my lawn.

Lizzie, I have about 2.5 weeks on in March (Isreal/Jordan) if my Mom can still do the trip and then about 2.5 weeks off the end of April/early May for the Galapagos.  Enjoy sushi tonight!!!  Sorry about HCF's parents being tough.  That is never easy.

Damaris, but the creamy center is what it is all about!!!  Though, glazed is pretty good too.  Used to get a ginormous glazed call the Tex-Ass.

Laura, glad you were able to get some cooler miles in before the heat.  Good luck with DS/drivers license.

Margaret, hope your time in the office today is short.

Tessa, nice to see you!!!  Sorry you are so busy.

Need to get the dogs vaccinated later today then get their yearly heart worm/flea & tick meds - probably $250+/dog and I have 3.  UGH and OUCH...

K

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I feel your pain, I swear I hit EVERY spider web...

5 decent miles.  Pleased.

K

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 tonight.

Tessa, hiya!  Glad you checked in.

Kat, ouch. I would be bouncing off the walls.  Nice 5.

Liz, nice miles and enjoy core!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Back from my almost 12 miles. 11.9 was good enough because it was getting HOT out there. Met up with my neighbors and the fast guy from my group at 6:15 (my neighbors signed up for the Houston Marathon - yay, and the fast guy will be the coach for their group, so that was cool that we all got to run together today). We all ran 4.5, then they went on while I went back to meet up with anyone that showed up at 7. Was just my other neighbor there, and she's quite a bit slower, thankfully, because it was starting to get warm. Ran 5 with her, then hooked back up with the fast guy for the last 2+. I was just dying by that point though. Poor guy had to keep looping back to check on me as I was walking, stopping for water and then really slow about starting running again, etc. Now I am exhausted.

Kathryn, great job getting out there early this morning. I can attest that while it wasn't miserable before 7 am, by 8 am it was getting pretty bad out there. Hope you found some good deals at REI.

Liz, nice week of miles there! Ugh on HCF's parents. DH's parents used to bicker constantly and it drove me crazy. Actually, not so much bicker as his dad would constantly put down his mom. I hated that. Hate to say it, but since he died, visits are nicer.

Morning, Damaris! Enjoy that 5 later.

I was going to go back and do personals for yesterday, but I'm tired and keep getting distracted. My head walking coach texted asking if this morning was a good time for a phone call, so I had to do that in the midst of this post. And then the dogs had to go out. And I'm tired.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wow Kat, you're up early. I don't think I could handle a quad shot, I think I would jump out of my skin.

Did around 6 miles this morning with a "5k". I was really hesitant to sign up for this one. Messaged them to see if it was an actual race or a fun run. Told me race, overall awards only and "professionally timed. There had been previous 5ks at this park, so figured maybe it would be ok. LOL. Double out and back course, 2.7 miles. They put cones on the trails not being used, but could be bothered to out cones at either turnaround point. They had a 1 mile walk along with the 5k. The path was about 8-10 feet wide. Yea, that works well. At least the park was pretty.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Actually got a lot done today.  Run, REI, mowed, dogs vaccinated - that was a rodeo.  Well, that is alot for me.  Baseball game on TV in the a/c now.

Scored, I hope, at REI.  Got a pair of $130 trail shoes for $40.  I think they will work for me.  Showed up 8:50 and there was a HUGE line, crazy!!  Most of the good things were gone.  I think I saw someone walk away with a Yeti cooler.  Jealous.

Damaris, have a nice 5 tonight.

Karen, it certainly warmed up quickly, didn't it!  I sweated WAY more mowing the lawn than running.  I was soaked.

HCK, looks like a pretty run!!  Sure beats my roads this am.

K

Hot day here!  Got out for 5 miles with a friend then went into work.  Was in the 80s in downtown San Fran today, ugh.  Thank goodness I was in a hermetically-seal office building...   Worked for about 5 hours then went over to Sports Basement to try on trail shoes -- not super happy with the ones that I wore for the 100k.  I was also not thrilled with anything they had at the store, though, so I ordered a pair of Brooks Cascadias from the REI used gear site.  I have't gotten anything from there before but I like the concept.  The shoes are described as "excellent condition," meaning there could be dirt on the soles.  I figured it was worth a try for $65.

Kat, nice miles for you.  Way to score on the cheap trail shoes!  Not surprised there was a line at REI.

Damaris, hope your 5 went well.

Karen, all you need to know about the personals from yesterday: Carol, Tessa, and I are in for a FE at your place in OR.  Oh, wait, you don't actually have a place in OR yet?  Can you get on that please?  

Lizzie, ugh on the in-law negativity and drama.  I hope the sushi made the visit worthwhile.

Planning on a few more miles tomorrow.  Want to get an early start because it's supposed to hit 80 again.  Beaches and traffic are going to be nuts.  Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - hope the visit with HCF went/goes ok.  Alaska - land and sea is absolutely the way to go!  Hmmm, interesting comment the other day about “kids”...you two are such good “doggy” parents, you would be amazing human parents, too, if you end up deciding that.

Kat - Nice job on the 5 and REI sale!!!

Karen - I just can’t imagine you struggling and walking!  Sounds like a tough run.  I get what you are saying about DH’s parents and visits being better since FIL died.  My DH’s Dad was the same way, it was horrible, since he died, it is much easier to visit!

HCK - Beautiful pictures!!!

Margaret - Nice 5 before work...bummer you had to work on a Saturday!  Hope Karen gets the hint to get on that cottage in Oregon...LOL!!!

Tessa - HI!!!!!

Off for for a few mile in the trails with RB#2.  So, I ordered a skirt sport running skirt...I love it!!!  Wasn’t sure if it would look ridiculous on me,  it I think it looks ok Smile.  Loved the pockets.  Ended up with 13 on Friday, whoa, it was toasty!  I was glad to get it done tho.

Hi hi to All!!!

carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

So excited to rest ALL day today Smile Dinner last night went well. Sushi was amazing as usual! Smile

Cleaning the house today so that will be my cross training Smile We may go out and take a look at the land again today too.

Kathryn - Are you a fan of Rose? I could never get into it. Its too strong of a flavor for me. I wish I could - its such a nice Summer wine! Hitting the spider webs IS. THE. WORST. I run in the middle of the road to avoid that. If a car comes I obviously move over, but usually I am safe in the middle! Nice miles! SCORE on the shoes!

Karen - Nice job on the run but it sounds like it was miserable! I hope you had a nice big scoop of Blue Bell ice cream when you got home Wink Hope you got to relax some yesterday! Oh yes, bickering is annoying. Though..HCF and I have been doing a lot of that lately. It all started when we quit smoking so I am hoping some of that irritability calms down after a few more months.

Run4kupcakes - That race sounds very unorganized! I hope it was cheap Wink The park is pretty!

Margaret - Used REI gear site? What a great idea! I hope they work out. Sorry for having to work yesterday Sad 85? This is your WINTER! Hehe Smile Good luck on the run today!

Carol - Aw, you are sweet! Thanks for the doggy parents compliment. We will see..people say things and opinions change after marriage. Who knows Wink Nice miles on Friday! SCORE on the skirt! I wish my shorts had functional pockets!

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

HCK, frustrating on the "5k" race. Double out and back on the same paths as a one-mile walk and then way off on the distance.....I would be so so frustrated.

Kathryn, busy day indeed. Nice score on the shoes.

Margaret, great deal on the shoes for you - hope they work out. Bummer on having to work yesterday. And yeah, that part of the personals I remembered! I was just finalizing the details for the OR scouting trip this morning.

Carol, I used to run in skirts all the time, then just stopped for some reason. I should pull some out and give them another try. Nice job getting 13 in.

Liz, enjoy the ALL DAY rest day. I think I'm going to join you in that.

I did very little yesterday. I was just wiped out from that run. Had a sore throat last night and still a little this morning, hopefully not getting sick. I had planned on running short and slow this morning, but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm taking the day off from running.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 12 on the TM and although my ass is still a PITA, it's not while running so it was a great run.

Karen, hoping you are not getting sick!

HCK, ugh.  What is going on near your area that they keep screwing these 5K races so much?

Hello to all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles today.

Docket, I wish I knew so I could avoid these races. There isn't a whole lot of competition and even among the various groups often there is a connection between them. The LRS has an event management arm, they do the vast majority of races in the immediate Baltimore area. With events put on by other race management companies, sometimes the packet pick up is at a location of that LRS. Yesterday's race was really a fun run that a local gym must have decided they could do better. Lack of results, not measuring the course and a crappy set up says otherwise. The guy at the gym seemed surprised when I picked up my packet that I was not a member and asked how I heard about it. They had registration on active, it's not like it was only advertised to the gym! But really, I think in a lot of cases it comes down to not much competition. The LRS seems to have a lot of people who turn out for their big event races (with beer at the end), so I guess if they keep people coming out for those, it doesn't matter as much for the smaller events? Doesn't make sense to me. If you can't accurately measure a $30 5k, I'm not trusting you to accurately measure $75 10k.

Good afternoon/evening!  Planned on doing 12 this morning, started running and decided 6 would be enough, but then convinced myself to do 10.6.  Ugh, legs are still tired from last weekend.

HCK, lol on the 2.7 mile "5k".  Apparently professionally timed does not mean professionally measured or marked.  Hope it didn't cost much.  Pretty pics.

Carol, yay for finding a skirt that you like.  Pockets are the best.  We need pics, of course.  

Lizzie, we get a handful of days in the 80s here, usually in spring and fall, never in the summer.  I was wondering if we had skipped spring, but I think it arrived this weekend.    What's the land like that you're considering buying?  Did you say it's on/near a lake?  Need pics!

Karen, the heat (or should I say "heat" since it was not more than 80) wiped me out after my run this morning.  I took a nap after.

Damaris, nice 12.  Sorry I missed this earlier -- what's the issue with your ass?  Piriformis or upper hamstring or sciatica or something else?

Took a nap and now have chores on tap for the rest of the day.  Next weekend is supplies pick-up for the Western States 100, where I run an aid station.  Need to get busy organizing stuff for that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR