Womens Running

It's FFFRRRIIIIIIYYYAYYYYYYYY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

**twerks**

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 for me this morning. OUTSIDE. Thinking about heading to the gym tonight to do some abs.

I am very proud of myself for this one. I looked outside this morning and there was a shine to that snow on the road. I was about to say "f it"..but I made myself at least try. I slapped my trax on and on I went. It was not bad at all. It was packed down...so as long as you were basically running in the middle of the road it was a smooth ride. Very impressed with the trax..I had never tried them on ice before. I only hit one stretch of bare pavement so it wasn't bad. Run was OK. Was supposed to be progressive but wasn't risking that. If I had done this yesterday, I probably could have done progressive..but with tire marks and divot in the snow I didn't want to break an ankle Smile It felt hard..could have been the snow though. Oh and there was no wind out there. LOL. WTH. I was ready for it..it was cold though! I forgot my hand warmers and my fingers started burning at mile 9. I probably would have done 13 if it wasn't for that.

So yes, I got the treadmill yesterday. Was planning on setting it up when I got home..BUT I came home to find HCBF laying on the floor. He apparently was working in his office upstairs and wanted a snack, came running down the stairs while his foot was asleep (so smart)...fell down the stairs and thought he broke his ankle. He was walking by the end of the night but its swollen pretty bad. I am thinking just a really bad sprain..if he broke it he wouldn't be able to walk on it. At least not in my experience with a broken foot. SOOOO...the two of us obviously couldnt carry that treadmill up the stairs with him having a bad foot. He is going into the ortho today..I don't know when that treadmill will be set up! Sad

I am hoping today is a better day. Nothing went right yesterday!

Docket - Wow, nice run yesterday in awesome temps!!! How long are your temps going to be that low? Where is your race this weekend?

Run4kupcakes - Nice job with the run outside! We got a little more snow than you did. But ours was the same..inconsistent. That is one reason why I was very hesitant to be in my trax! We are expected to be in the 50’s next week! Are you guys supposed to warm up too?

Tessa - Ice skating in PE? Wow, thats awesome! When is the last time you went ice skating?? Nice treadmill run yesterday!!! I came home and snacked until I went to bed. Ugh. I need your discipline. OH..and this morning..I only saw 2 cars and I made sure I was no where near them just incase they started sliding.

Judy - Awe, Judy, you are so sweet! You use the treadmill at your gym right? Well, you are in an apartment, right? Don’t they have them onsite? That is something I really miss about my apartment.

Karen - Oh, don’t you worry. Next time I will work for home even if we get minimal snow. Awe, manatees! I bet that was cool. Have a safe trip home today! Hopefully you don’t have any delays with all this snow around the country.

Kathryn - Believe it or not, the sweat doesn’t stick to the phone. I had the same concern Smile But then again I don’t generate that much boob sweat because I don’t have much there Smile Are you ready for the race?!?!?!

Happy FRIYAY!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I must have jinxed myself....

Came to work - no water. County issue...since we are a "data center" this is BIG. Things get escalated and then we have 10 million calls. But with 2,000 associates working here..we will probably close if it doesn't come back on in the next hour. I kinda hope it doesn't so I can go home! LOL. Maybe I should send out a mass email that says "remember the saying, if its yellow let it mellow..if its brown..run to the woods". LOL

What a mess!

Seloc

Lizzie - WAY TO GO on the run this morning!!  Yay!!  And snow should melt before your next one, right?  Oh no on HCBF!!  Hope it's just a bad sprain - smart to get it checked out.  Congrats on the treadmill!  Which one did you get?  I'll be interested in hearing your review!  Do you have a good spot for it?  OMG on the no water.  I hope you can go home, too.  I work in a very old building downtown and a couple years ago there were some sort of pipe issues which took the water out in my building.  We had to go to the building next door (attached but still) to use the restroom!  Oh, man, I was IRATE.  I did not have WFH privileges at that time.  What's on tap for the weekend?

Karen - nice miles again yesterday!  Glad you had a little outing, too.  Safe travels today!  Sure hope you get out of there and are not impacted by the weather mess.

Tessa - ouch ouch ouch on the elbow fall. At least you can still run!  High five for staying "dry"!  I caved last night and had a glass of wine.  But, only one and no snacking so still an improvement.

HCK - yay for a snow day yesterday!  Way to get a run in.  Um, yeah, 20* is balmy at this point lol.

Damaris - someone else asked but I'm curious, too, how are the Floridians taking the chill down??  Good luck tomorrow!  What's the weather supposed to be like?  Did you stave off the cold?

Kat - GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!  You've done this before you can do it again.  And don't forget to have fun, too 

TRX/Kettle bell class this morning.  Wowzers it seemed extra hard.  Maybe because I missed last week.  But we also did a couple EMOMs (every minute on the the minute) where you do a set of exercises and if you finish, you get a rest before the next min otherwise you just go into the next minute without a break.  One 6min set, one 5min set, one 2min set (cuz class was ending).  Still frigid here for one more day.  Will have to hit the gym tomorrow but then it warms up!  Well, you know, to the 20s but warm enough to run outside woot woot!  No huge weekend plans.  Might go to my cousin's DDs 5th grade basketball game tomorrow for some laughs LOL  Man my coffee is tasting especially good today.  Time for another cup!  Happy Friyay folks!! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have work, then 4 and weights, then Orlando bound.

Lizzie, it's Disney this weekend.  Nice 10.  Ugh at the no water.

Sandy, ha.  Finally they are appropriately dressed with the coats they use for the 60s.  My MIL yesterday had 5 layers.   Nice job with the class.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, we have TMs in our apartment building. I try to run the track at the gym but use a TM sometimes. DC and I take classes north of here and they also have a great workout setup there. I use it when I have time between classes. They have great TMs, full weights equipment and machines, enclosed and all looking over swimming pools.

Arimathea, how are your hurts since the fall?

Sandy, about the full moon…a paramedic told me they always got more calls then and my son said there are always more tech support calls then also.

Thursday I did 35 minutes on the gym track. It was quieter since it was around lunch time. Today our dreadful wind chill got worse. We are holed up here for the next several days except for several volunteer hours at the library today. I’ll probably do the TM tomorrow.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, twerk it baby, twerk it!!  Nice run.  I hope HCBF is OK as well, what a bummer.  Hells Bells I aint ready for tomorrow.  Shitola I am gonna get my booty handed to me.

Sandy, that class sounds awful!  But I am glad you enjoy it.  20's, wow, balmy.

Damaris, no Dopey for you?  Have you done it in the past?  My Seattle RB is doing it again.  Guess it is quite chilly there.

Judy, I don't miss wind chill.

Welcome back Karen.

Had to call back home yesterday (as in NY, where I grew up) and it was ZERO!  Wow and whoa boy howdy, I don't miss that crap for anything.  It has warmed up here.  46 now, with a high of 60 later.  Similar tomorrow.

Crap, 9am.  Gives me 3 hours to clean, get ready for tomorrow, and go get my glasses ordered.  Me thinks I won't get it all done.

Have a great Friday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Today is core...which means I slept in...lol. I need to do it later.

Lizzie--I hope HCBF's foot will be ok.  No water and you still had to come to work???  Ick!! You know this will lead to other BIG STINKY problems.

Damaris--Have fun this weekend.  I saw on the news some of the Disney areas are closed due to the cold weather.

Have a great day!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Friday!  Though I am on call this weekend.  I will scoot out a little early and get a run in this afternoon.  It should "warm" up to 6 with a windchill of -11 by then.    The ab challenge this month had a rest day yesterday.  Weird.  What's up with that?  What is this thing called rest day?    I did an ab workout anyway, I'm used to it now. 

Lizzie, nice miles outside!  I'm glad that Trax worked out for you!  You may have more snow on the ground then we do!  My brother posted to FB yesterday, they had over a foot in Boston with winds 50-60 mph.  Oh no, I hope that HCBF is OK.  Congrats on the new TM.  Even if you don't use it, it's nice to have options.    I got my fleece leggings a few years ago from Sierra Trading Post, they are Craft thermal tights.  I think they are normally $80 but I got them for $40.  I googled a little and found some on sale, but they are mostly size L or bigger.  Yes, DH and I did meet while playing in VB leagues.  You have a good memory.    I do not drink that much, I have to be eating while I drink so it's normally only one glass of beer or wine with dinner.  Some things it seems like you have to eat with alcohol, like pizza or Mexican.    I hope you get to WFH!  No water would be a good reason.  

Sandy, sounds like a good workout this morning!  Those sets sound tough.  I kind of missed the VB while watching the kids play.    I'm glad that those girls aren't mean.  

Damaris, good luck this weekend!

Tessa, wow, you have had bad luck at the gym.    There is a "before school care" group that normally meets in the gym before school.  While intramural VB is going on they get to sit on the stage and watch.     I am a 'cheap' wine drinker when I am out, just one glass and the house wine is fine.    I just graduated from putting my phone into Ziploc bags to a Lifeproof case.  

Sue, I have a RooSport pouch and I tuck my phone into that and it is underneath my waistband.  No issues with the battery in the cold.  

Kat, we used to play tennis that way too.  If we played the right way it wouldn't have been much fun.  

Kupcakes, there will be a lot of unhappy people if there are no prizes in the Strava challenge.    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?  

Karen, glad that you are headed home soon!  

Happy Friday, all!

Cathy

ginnyb

I am so looking forward to the weekend!  Not much going on, but I can't wait to clean my house!  The Christmas decorations are still up and there are surfaces that have not been dusted since the 1st of December!  Me bad!  Doubt if I will get it all done, but anxious to get started.

Oh no Liz about HCBF's ankle, hopefully just a sprain.

Upper body with trainer this morning, -4 when I went out.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Judy, enjoy the volunteering today and stay warm.

Kathryn, I have done one Dopey with my BFF but I don't really like short distances so running a 5K or a 10K at 5am by myself holds no interest.  If I do it with some other people as a girls' weekend, yes, I would do it again, but otherwise, hell no.  Good luck getting it all done!

Susan, enjoy the core.  Yeah, the water parks closed there.

Cathy, LOL.  All challenges have a rest day here and there.  Good job!

Ginny, when you are done cleaning your house, feel free to start with mine.  So much cement dust still. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

We got water back around 10 so I stuck around. Busy morning but SLLOOWWW afternoon. Heading to the gym when I get off for a little pick me up.

HCBF's foot is NOT broken. Bad sprain. He needs to baby it. And he is a big baby when it comes to pain..aren't all men?

Sandy – Ugh, no the snow won’t be gone until we are above freezing – which is Monday afternoon. I have a short run to do tomorrow and a longer one Monday. I probably won’t need trax for Monday..but defiantly tomorrow! I got the Nordictrack something something LOL. I hope I like it because it is a real pain in the butt just to get out of the box! Wow, using the building next to you for the bathroom? I would have just gone home. Coffee has me going every 5 minutes, haha. Not snacking while having wine – GO YOU!!!! Holy crap, NICE workout!! That sounds hard. A low key weekend sounds PERFECT. To be honest, I am ready to get out of single digits. We are going to be REALLY cold this weekend – I plan on Netflixing.

Docket – OH YEAH Disney!!! WOOHOO!!! Good luck and have fun!!

Judy – Its nice that your building has treadmills – those are always convenient in the event you are snowed in Smile Stay warm!!

Kathryn – LOL. Twerk it..haha made me laugh. Awe, you are going ot have fun tomorrow! Especially with those temps!!! Good luck!

Susan – My work sucks.

Cathy – Abs of steal over there. Wink Oh just 6 huh? LOL. Ah yes, pizza and Mexican are perfect drinking opportunities Smile I am going to have to look into the fleece tights. Maybe I can find a somewhat sturdy pair at Target since I only use them 1 or 2 a year. I hope you don’t get called this weekend!

Ginny – I am looking forward to the weekend also!! We took down our decorations last weekend. Made me sad Sad Nice job on the workout. Whew that is cold!

Have a great rest of your day ladies!

Seloc

Hey Lizzie - one of my RBs bought a pair of fleece lined tights at Target that she loves but I can't seem to find them.  I bought these this year https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F47DQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and they fit nice.  Haven't worn them in super cold, though.  I bought these last year https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQDTTBC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and are my go-to for sub zero since they have really good wind protection, too.  I do wear another layer with them, though, because there are some seems I'm afraid may chafe.  I had to chuckle about you being over the single digits.  Yep.  I can relate.  Netflixing!  I love it.  I'm kinda getting into Wanted.  Enjoy the low key weekend!

Seloc

Actually, I think I found the ones from Target https://www.target.com/p/women-s-cold-weather-run-tight-leggings-c9-champion-174-black-gray/-/A-52786832#lnk=sametab

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. It was ok when I was in the sun and the wind wasn't blowing. That wasn't too often. I ordered some new tights and they were initially supposed to come today, just saw now they aren't supposed to come until tomorrow. 

Lizzie, are you close to any outlet malls? I've gotten some fairly warm Under Armour tights at the outlet. No clue what model. Only downside is they are shorter than I would like. In this weather I've been wearing 2 layers on my legs. Either capris or a lighter pair of tights. I got these Asics pants last year, not a fan of the colors, but they are only for the miserable cold.