Womens Running

Time for Spring Tuesday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: I'm planning to run 6-7 miles today after my first PT client. It's already above freezing- and supposed to be around 50 later today. Yay!

TR: was wide awake until 10pm last night, singing and playing in his crib. Which meant I was too, even though I went to bed at 9 Sad  No idea why he was up so late- he napped his normal time from 1-3pm, and he was very active yesterday. We spent most of the morning at the park, and played outside in the afternoon yesterday too. It's been so nice to be out again!

NRR: had something for this...don't remember now. Ha.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I don't know how to dress in these warm temps! but I see 15 cm of snow in the forecast tomorrow..hopefully it is the "last blast" as we get every year.

RR - 11K with 8 at MP.  Driving to a street that will hopefully be ice-free.

TR - we had just gotten in the car and around the block (thankfully) when he said, "PEE'S COMING!"

FR - beef tortellini, peppers, onions, zucchini, red sauce.

NRR - going to a maple syrup festival with ernie and S this morning.  Booked a $25 massage at a massage school tonight, hopefully it is semi-decent for the price.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 18k with 11k @ tempo. It's already above freezing, so it should be a nice run.

TR - Was very happy to be able to play in the backyard yesterday and that it was sunny enough to wear her "eyegoggies" (sunglasses). Unsurprisingly did not nap yesterday after her crazy sleep-in.

FR - I defrosted ground beef, so I was obviously planning on making something with it....just can't remember what....

NRR - Taking advantage of the spring-like weather before winter comes roaring back tomorrow by meeting Zorbs and B at a maple syrup festival.

~~~~~

rg - Did you sleep better last night once you finally got to sleep? Wow, enjoy that 50 degrees! I am thrilled for temps in the 30s, ha ha.

zorbs - Awesome massage price, hopefully it's good! Hmm, your dinner sounds good. Maybe I should make some sort of pasta with my ground beef.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - I should just stop writing this.  I am totally jealous of all the runners I see out and about, but I am too tired and lazy to get out of bed early in the morning right now and am feeling too sick (and tired) by the end of the day.  I should just make myself do it, I know I will have more energy b/c of it....

NRR - I don't think I like my midwife.  I thought I was really looking forward to the thoroughness of midwifery, but I think it is annoying me.  I really wanted the more natural approach to Labour and Delivery, so I won't give up yet.

KR - taking the kids to a Maple Syrup place today.

FR - pancakes, bacon, fruit salad.  pancake Tuesday was a hit last week, so we decided to do it again!

rg - hope you have a great run!  You are my pregnancy idol!  I love that you can play at the park.  There is still so much snow on the ground here - I hope it melts soon, but DH just told me 10 more cms tonight.

zorbs - your FR sounds so delish!  Can I come?  Let me know how the massage school massage works out.  After the Toad they had massage student massages, they were really weak compared to the skill of the massage people after Richmond (guess that is to be expected!)

ernie - I have no doubt you will think of something amazing to do with the ground beef! Have a great run - it's been some great running weather lately!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - we'll see, I brought my gear to runch, but this cold is kicking my ass.  I'm feeling a bit better with food and coffee in my belly though.

KR - had a good time at preschool though couldn't tell us anything she did there.  I think she was just enjoying having all the adults beg her for information.

BR - was grouchy last night, seemed tired, put her to bed early but she just squalked in her crib for quite a while before she fell asleep.  Maybe teething...  when do the eye teeth come in, I forget?  She's got all her teeth but them, and her 2 yr molars.

FR - I remembered to get something ready!  Slowcooker turkey meatloaf.

NRR - RP comes home today!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Ugh, need more coffee

RR:  7 is on schedule but not sure that will happen.  Last night I got out for 4 because it was sooooo beautiful out after work.

KR:  Went to home depot with E's mom yesterday and picked out pansies to plant.  He is sooooo cute about wanting to plant flowers/garden.

FR:  If I run, takeout.  Otherwise TACO TUESDAY!

NRR:  DH has the man flu and kept me up most of the night with his tossing and turning.  I tried to sleep on the couch but the dog woke me up at midnight.  C also was up at like 3 a.m. wanting something.  I hate interrupted sleep, I am feeling rather useless today. My brain won't function.

moxieluvah

RG - my longest training run is 28 miles, I am following this plan. The race is on May 10. Enjoy those warmer temps!

zorbs - this past weekend on our long run RP and I were joking that we felt naked with only 1 layer of clothes on.

ernie - definitely take advantage of those warmer temps, it was nice here yesterday (50) and i am scared it is going to get cold again.

eh - your FR sounds deliciously! sorry about the midwife.

CA - sorry about the cold, I read an article about how gargling water can help prevent colds and such so I have been doing it all school year and have only had 1 cold and it wasn't even that bad of one so i am convinced it is the gargling. I gargle in the shower every morning.

becky - DS was up last night interrupting my sleep too, not fun at all! I hope you get your 7 in!

----

RR - 4 first time if a few months that I didn't get up when my alarm went off, will have to run after school

KR - my good eater is all of a sudden not wanting to eat things that I know she likes. last night she threw a fit at supper and then proceed to make herself gag because she "didn't like it"

NRR - DH and I decided to go to opening day of baseball (brewers) this year as long as our personal days get approved

FR - leftover soup from the weekend

beckykay

RG:  R was overstimulated by all the outside time Wink  It was gorgeous out, I am ready for that kind of weather all the time.

Zorbs:  ACK!  I am jealous!  I want to go to the maple syrup fest.  Insert pouty face.

Ernie:  Have fun!  LOL, I forget all the time what I had planned with my defrosted materials.

Eh:  Awe, I hope you find some energy and can get out for a run soon.

CA:  Every day I ask C what he did at school and he says he doesn't know.  For three years now, apparently he has done nothing Smile

beckykay

Moxie:  Ugh, I hate when they do that.  I can't handle the gagging.  Woohoo!  DH loves baseball and we go to our minor league opening day every year.  I go along for the beer Wink

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - YAY for warm weather!!  Weird on R not sleeping last night.  Hopefully he goes down easy today.

zorbs - our last blast of winter usually isn't until april or may... but I'm enjoying the warm weather for now!

ernie - I'm so excited that we can spend time outside in the evenings again!  Hope the tempo goes well.

r-eh - what don't you like about your midwife?  I used my regular GP last time and loved it, but O came so fast that there was no time for anything but natural.

becky - hope you can get a run in, and that the coffee helps!  Ugh, I think everyone in our house has the man flu... I'm trying my best to ignore it though.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

moxie - hmm interesting on the gargling.. I'm usually pretty healthy and don't get sick often.  I don't have it nearly as bad as DH or M did at least. Ugh on the eating, M goes through strange food phases, one day loving something the next refusing it... I don't get it.

runninmer

Morning.  Late post for me today.

RR: 5 after work on the TM.  Supposed to rain/snow after our gorgeous day yesterday.

BR:  Tried carrots for the first time last night.  Definitely prefers them warm.  We also took him for his first stroller walk.  He seemed to enjoy it.  He smiled every time we checked on him!

TR:  Did pretty well on the walk.  Loved splashing in the puddles and playing with the snow.  Was obsessed with seeing a choo choo which we didn't.  Sad  Got a hair cut yesterday and looks so much older, but cried through the whole thing.

NRR:  A bunch of kids from the district I work in got arrested because of a stabbing/pot smoking incident.  Crazy stuff.

FR:  Meatloaf and baked potatoes.  Yummy.

Gotta teach!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I found that sometime in the last year, being out and about doesn't have the same effect of wearing out a kid any more.

ernie - you could make swedish meatballs like I did last night.

eh - the massage school is Trillium College, I had a really good student from there massage me after the Valentine's 5K and unfortunately I forgot to get her name.

CA - B can't really tell us what he did at school either, I hear it from the teacher.  Yesterday, B told me he played with trains (true) and "painted the snow" - I know they played outside but no evidence of paint on the snow in their yard.

becky - the only cure for that is massive amounts of coffee, enough that you're bouncing off the walls.

mer - I googled "best baked potatoes" and I rubbed the skins in olive oil and rolled them in sea salt before baking.  It is also important not to wrap in foil if you want really good skin apparently.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Not sure what, but I will do something that isn't slothful today. Its been in the upper 50's/low 60's for the past 5 days or so but March is always super windy, and 30 mph wind gusts are a daily occurence.

TR: Hasn't let me get a good nights sleep in like a week and I am cranky. Last night he was bawling and asked to cuddle in my bed but wouldn't sit still and I ended up putting him back in his bed after an hour or so and telling him if he didn't go to sleep that it was spanking time. DH wants to implement a no-kids-in-the-bed rule. That's all well and good but its not like R is crawling in our bed at night- he just stands in his doorway and wails until we come see him.

FR: Last night was leftovers of greek lamb meatballs, pilaf, salad, and tzatziki sauce. My breath was so bad that I had to brush and mouthwash twice last night, and my breath is still a little garlicky after brushing and mouth washing again this morning. Need to remember to put the corned beef in the crockpot today!

NRR: DH took the day off on Friday so we can do the pub crawl. R is going to go to my friend Mary's house and we are going to have R's godparents go with us in an adult-non-babysitting capacity which we haven't done in a long time!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- Have to buy R a new carseat for our truck- the handmedown one we've had in there is expired. I think I'm going to get a Graco Nautilus harnessed booster.

RG- I think the time change is screwing with R's sleep patterns, my R is doing the same BS.

zorbs- R started flipping out about 5 minutes from home in the car on Sunday because he had to pee, luckily he made it. Mmmmm maple bacon? Hope the massage is good.

Ernie- lol you sound like me with your cooking, except that I never have a plan when I thaw stuff...

eh- I really liked my doctor with R, so if I have another baby, those are going to be some tough shoes to fill. I like my OB/Family practice doc- he's a runner from Seskatchewan.

Becky- tacos are the perfect food. I was talking to some dudes at the gym the other day and one guy was complaining about how he recently had a cold that made him "want to die" and I teased him about having a Man-cold, then he told me it was when he was deployed to Afghanistan, oops.

moxie- R has been throwing some fits about food lately, and I wonder if its just mimicing behaviors he sees from other kids because my kid loves to eat.

CA- Yay for Lori's return! At least your cold is week 1 of your marathon training and not during taper!

Mer- R loves going for walks, but then he starts yelling "RUN!! RUNNNNN!" and tries to take off without me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07