Womens Running

More Hope For Spring Friday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yes. More snow yesterday, a little more warmth today. Some years it goes from Winter to 95° overnight. In Ohio we never got the message about how seasons should work.

Thankfully, it is NOT November.  

Post as you wish. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Weights have been in my regular schedule all winter. Tennis elbow is a little cranky. Dang!

Yesterday I took off and got some things done. A friend and I had a nice dinner.

My goal is more sleep this weekend, especially tonight. I hope to seriously do some running shoe shopping as well.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning everyone!

Off to to run, a little late but too bad. Lots to do today

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Judy - we missed this last snowstorm, hit about an hour south.  Hope yours melts soon!

3 tempo miles on TM, managed 4 TM miles yesterday.  Planning on running outside this weekend.  My morning RB and I are planning on resuming morning running in April whoo hoo!

Bikerchick1

Happy Friday!

What a week........

Judy - Hope you get some nice sleep this week-end!  Sometimes that does need to be a priority1

Marjorie - Hope you have a nice run.

LCruns - Yay, for outdoor running this week-end.

Did not run wed/thurs - running a few today.  Have a half - marathon tomorrow - it is called Mud-Dog...just rec'd an email about it, and sure enough, race director said - wear your "junk" shoes, won't need "screw" shoes, but will be muddy....

Am struggling with the decision to not run my May marathon..... I always do this......it really isn't the marathon, it is the recovery after the LR's leading up to it.  I feel like it stresses me out, and I wander around tired/cranky trying to recover for a few days after, and just not sure I want to spend the next 8 weeks doing that.....Anyone else feel tired/cranky after their LR's or is it just me?

Carol

ginnyb

Carol....I get tired and cranky after long runs also.    At first I didn't even realize it was happening, until I wondered why I was always so cranky on Sundays!  Takes me a while to catch on.  Funny though ,after a half marathon race I don't feel cranky, of course nothing I do is a race, but you know what I mean......

Still haven't run outside in quite a while now...this is just getting so old.  Planning on a longish run on Sunday.  Tonight I have my 2 GD's overnight.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

It's Friday!!!!! Now that my super-stressful meetings are over, and at 2 weeks out most of the Spring Meeting stuff has been done, I am feeling great! Sort of like I can breathe at work again. I am looking forward to the weekend, but not so much to tonight's run, which is 12 miles with 7 at half marathon pace. That sounds rather painful.

Carol, I don't get tired/cranky so much after long runs as I get feelings of pain and inadequacy. Lately after every long run, everything hurts and I wonder how I will ever be able to run a marathon at an even faster pace or finish my training if I can hurt so much after 15-16 miles. Then by the next morning I'm mostly fine and I forget....until the next time. I think the amount of time it takes and the hurt is part of the reason I started going with 12 week training plans. 18 weeks is just too long for me to focus.

Now after all that bitching and complaining, I look at my training plan and see that I have my first 20 miler scheduled for Sunday. Well, crap!

I'm seeing from facebook that I know probably a dozen people running RnR DC tomorrow. If I can get my butt out of bed and figure out a good place to spectate, I might metro in, find a good cup of coffee, and stand in the cold for an hour or so and cheer them all on.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Enjoy your DGD's being over!  I think you have had worse weather then we have North of you!!!  I hate that "hungover" feeling after LR's....

Karen - Pain and inadequacy...I can see pain....but YOU inadequate....NEVER!!!!  Good luck on your 20 Smile

Still haven't run.....vegging a bit today.

Carol

camille2

Karen, thanks for the info on the races!  That's a kind offer for Maryland.  I will have to see how the next few months go, but I'm hopeful for a fall half.

Carol, I don't think I got irritable after long runs, but I'd be tired and my day was usually shot after them.  I might have been irritable if I'd had obligations (like family meals) afterwards.  Good luck in deciding and remember, it's supposed to add enjoyment to life, not only a sense of accomplishment, so either decision will be right. Good luck on Mud-dog!

Marjorie, are you home for a bit? I hope the ART helps.

Tessa, it's a good reminder to update financial stuff.  I'm glad your hubby had done that.

DR, you are making a great recovery. Nice miles.

Hi Laura, judy, Sue, Ginny and anyone else I missed.

I didn't do much the last couple days. Wed was a planned day off and I was at my mom's. She was restless from her itching/reaction and I  got little sleep Wed night and was just too tired to do anything yesterday. She's better.  I feel much better today and plan w/r 2.5 again this afternoon.  I'm going to shoot for a 5k in a few weeks. At my little reality check session at discharge, he told me NO racing, but OK'd an easy pace 5k once I  "slowly!" build up  to it.   I did fun runs for many years before I was a "real runner," so it's surprised me a little that it bummed me out. I'm working on an attitude adjustment though and am looking for a 5k that'll be fun. There is a Redneck 5k  that might fit the bill.

Hi all!

Was a late night last night in the "quiet room" at a Demi Lovato concert.  Drove DD and friends to it then home at midnight. Yawn.

Happy Pi/Pie day!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 8.2. Good run. Lots of work and did dome painting. I need to get some more paint. But most of it is done. All the cut in is done other than the tall wall. I just didn't feel  like getting on the really tall ladder

Ran some errands

Camille yes I'm home for awhile. None of us are traveling much at the moment because the weather just tanked a lot of centers and their visits so we are doing stuff remote to save costs. I'm off Mon through Wed. Will do a bunch of stuff around the house. They are installing the closet stuff next week.

ART is Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it. At least my pace is back. Now to get my motion back.

Puppy  pool tomorrow. I will also take them when I'm off since the girls aren't there next weekend.

Nice run Laura.

Carol I don't feel tired, but you all know the amount of stuff I do even after a run.

Ginny hope oped you get outside soon

Karen have fun cheering people on.

Happy  pi day Lisa

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Irritable after long runs? I don't know what you're talking about. SHUT UP AND DON'T GET BETWEEN ME AND THE FOOD!

I went to the post office today. Thank you so much, Cindy, Susan (runningmom), Susan (crazysue), Lisa, and all who contributed pictures. That was so sweet of you.

Glad to hear it is warming up in other parts of the country.