Womens Running

Flitting About on Friday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Enjoy Friday since it is the precursor of the weekend. Smile If we start enjoying it now, the weekend will almost have 3 days. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Big grin

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday was a 15 minute run and 40 minute cardio dvd with intervals. We went to a very enjoyable poetry reading.

Today will be a track run and cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, Judy. Your workouts always sound great.

Just a quick note to let camille know that I will get her number from Cindy and will probably text her today. If you are around at lunch time, maybe we could meet then. Are you staying at your daughter's or at a hotel? I guess I will find out!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

LC Runs

Happy Friday!

Ran 3.5 last night outside and 3.5 this morning on the TM, between the snow, rain and wind over the past couple of weeks, I am beginning to lose hope that the weather will ever be nice.  Lots of flooding around, though we are doing okay Smile  Several races have been cancelled this weekend due to the high water levels.  They're saying this is the worst year for floods since 1986, yowza.

Judy - I like the way you think ha ha!

Hi Amy!

I am totally out of the loop, but shout outs to everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

SRd. haven't taken several days in a row for awhile. It will do me good to do it.

Fran yes I did. I'm not great at taking rest days. But I know I should.

Had a great FE with stubbornrunner  from BF last night since she lives in New Orleans.

At the airport now. Glad they knw who did the bombing. Hope the get the last guy.

Waves to everyone.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning all. I have 10 more on the schedule, but may cut it short this afternoon. I was really dragging during yesterday's 10.

Damaris, thanks for the thought on protein - that may have something to do with it. I looked at my last several days of eating and I have been eating more carbs and less protein than normal (maybe my body is craving carbs after a high-mileage week?).

camille, thanks for your idea also. You don't know how close I was to getting a Snickers from the vending machine yesterday afternoon at work!

Judy, consistency as always. I love it.

Good to see you Laura, stay dry!

Have a great weekend Cindy, Amy and camille - hope you all get to meet up!

And I'm sure you're already having a great weekend, Lisa and Tessa.

Marjorie, yay on the FE! Travel safe.

Crazy stuff going on in Boston right now. Was driving in to work and the guy on the radio said "I'm sure you've heard what's going on in Boston, so I'm going to talk about...." I'm yelling at the radio! Rushed into work to check the news. I hope they catch the second guy soon and no one else gets hurt!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Rse

Good morning Everyone!

Good luck this weekend to our Racers here -- have fun!

SRD for me today. Yay.   My Rolling stats are much improved so I'm going to Enjoy this Rest-Day Smile

Fran

ginnyb

Good morning,

3 miles today in the rain, but it was warm.  Not for long, temps falling into the 40's.  I am with Laura, I don't think it is ever going to get nice!

I am off work today, since I work tomorrow.

Karen...yes crazy in Boston and surrounding areas.  Like us all, I hope they get the 2nd suspect.

Tessa and Lisa,....you must be having such fun!  When we were all together in Detroit a couple of years ago is was really fun, hopefully we will do it again someday.

Camille and Amy meeting up also?  What fun!  Have a great time.  No one comes to Ohio, but then, why would you, I wouldn't be here if I didn't live here, especially with the lovely weather we are having!

I will be checking back again later.

Morning Marjorie.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

TGIF!!  SRD for me.  Weather is yucky too.

I hope they catch the second guy so he can tell WHY he and his sorry brother set off those bombs.   How can someone so young be filled with so much hate??

Have a great Friday!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lovely sunny weather here...we will need lots of sunscreen tomorrow.

Lisa and I are charging electronics and getting ready to head out. Over to Vegas with a stop at the Hoover Dam. Car is going to be packed to the gunwales.

Ginny, we came to Ohio -- I have the piggy medal to prove it!

Glad they have identified the alleged bombers.

Off to finish putting necessary gear in the car! 6 miles this morning, probably no more running today.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies. I swear I posted this morning but between work and the latest in the Boston attack, I've been busy! Planning on a short run and weights tonight if I have time. If not, on to the race!

judyruns, nice workouts. Yes, enjoy the weekend starting this morning.T

HM, woohoo, FE time! PS, I'm not as chippy in real life as I sound here.

LC Runs, nice workouts. Stay dry. Marjorie, two SRDs? Are you feeling alright? Ha.

Anonymous, that could be. Whenever I feel more tired, it's either TTOM, lower protein, or a combination of both. Since I became a vegetarian, I have noticed less days like that (figure that one out) but when I am lifting and running together, I try to get a bit more protein because otherwise, I feel exhausted.

Fran, enjoy the rest! You're the one that's on the MAFF (low HR training) group too, right? Welcome!

Ginny, you definitition of warm cracked me up. It was 86F down here today.

sue, enjoy the rest day. Sorry about the yucky weather.

Tessa, nice 6!

Have a great weekend! I hope my husband bought the new router because the other one lays at the bottom of the stairs and it's not working. Being thrown from the bedroom down might have something to do with that (although I assume my husband destroyed it after it stopped working). Oh, husbands!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And apologies for the text being all together. I am writing from the computer; not sure why the spaces are not there!

OK, I think I fixed it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rse

Damaris,

Yes I'm doing Low Heart Rate training.

I think it's the most fool-proof so that I do not over-train myself to the bench.

Otherwise I tend to overdo it mostly because I don't know when to stop/reduce.

Folks frequently say, Just jog how you feel....

Well I've done that numerous times in the past and I feel great...all the way to injury and the sidelines.

I'm not interested in becoming Fast.

I'm nowhere near AgeGroup pace so I just go easy and keep on going.

Nice seeing you over on LHR Smile

Take it easy tonight and enjoy your first Ultra - That's fun!

Fran

Docket_Rocket

I cannot run well by effort.  HR will tell me if it's hot, humid, whether I'm tired, overtrained, or whether an asthma attack is upcoming.  I now run with it like a religion, LOL.  I sometimes run by effort but I even race by HR so that asthma does not give me problems.

Damaris,

Yes I'm doing Low Heart Rate training.

I think it's the most fool-proof so that I do not over-train myself to the bench.

Otherwise I tend to overdo it mostly because I don't know when to stop/reduce.

Folks frequently say, Just jog how you feel....

Well I've done that numerous times in the past and I feel great...all the way to injury and the sidelines.

I'm not interested in becoming Fast.

I'm nowhere near AgeGroup pace so I just go easy and keep on going.

Nice seeing you over on LHR Smile

Take it easy tonight and enjoy your first Ultra - That's fun!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Yesterday after we climbed the Beast (well 50 yards of it anyway). Where's a good photographer when you need one?

I also got to reconnect with oldest grandson since they live fairly close; Tessa was generous to drive me to and from their place while she taught a class last night.

And where we will be running tomorrow.

In the background.

Lisa