Womens Running

(Over 40). Freeze Friday (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to work. Since my work computer won't sign in on my VPN. It does that sometimes so I need to go in so it can read the network.

My my leg did pretty well with yesterday's run. No run today. Need to build back.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hi MarjorieAnn3137, Good work on the run!

Yesterday was rocky. I had trouble keeping food down (on the BRAT diet, no less). I did some exercise with a new DVD I was trying out. I'm pushing liquids like crazy right now. I'm on Cipro and I dehydrate very easily. Hopefully my toast and cottage cheese will settle. It seems ok so far. A very kind friend baked and brought me a pumpkin pie. Big grin

I hope to do some exercise today. Tight lips

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Marjorie, glad yesterday's run went well. Sorry you have to go in to the office.

Judy, yikes, hope you're feeling better today. Didn't you have a trip coming up? Hope this doesn't interfere.

Thinking about doing some car shopping this weekend. I've pretty much settled on a VW Jetta diesel wagon. Don't know why I'm a fan of the wagon, but I want another one. The VW seems to hold its value well, as used ones seem to be almost as much as new, so may actually buy brand new for a change. DH left for his group this morning and the last thing he said was "if you buy a car today, try to get a good deal!" I will wait until he can go with me though.

The temps are above freezing, so I guess it's time for my run. Thinking 4-6, depending on how I feel.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Trip cancelled because of my illness. We plan to go another time.   Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Good Morning!

Judy - Sorry to hear you are sick!!!  When did this happen?

Karen - Have fun car shopping and on your run Smile

Marjorie - Glad to hear your run went well yesterday!

Tessa - Glad to hear from you yesterday!

I got up and did my T25 w/o and ran on DM.  Decided to do the 1 mile a day streak until New Years....local group here is doing it on FB, so thought it would be fun Smile

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I think the problem started when my fridge was not working well. A food born bug must have gotten me and I haven't been able to kick it. Doc gave me an antibiotic but will do more if that doesn't kick it.

Thanks for asking. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy day-after Thanksgiving.  Now full speed ahead to Christmas, haha.  I'm such a sap for the holidays.   DH put up our Christmas lights yesterday.   No run today, I think we'll go for a walk.

Marjorie, I'm crossing my fingers that I'm able to login to work from home today.  No way I'm driving into work in downtown SF on black Friday.

Judy, get well soon.  Sorry the vacation trip got postponed.  MTA, ugh, bad food bugs are the worst!

Karen, those sales people better give you a good deal on the car!  Bet they want to clear out inventory.

Carol, good for you starting the day off right with a tough workout!

Enjoy the day everyone.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy hope you feel better

Got what I needed done at the office. I was supposed to meet with an assistant. But, she isn't here. They failed to tell me she is at a different office today. So I can't do her training. Maybe next week when I'm back from DC.  But at least I got my computer reset  and month expense report done.

Karen GL on car shopping. I may do that soon too. Mine isn't terribly old but foreign cars are so expensive if they do break. It is 7 years old now so a new one may be in order soon. Hard when you get used to no car payment!  Dh and my cars are both paid for

Gatsby oh, I wouldn't go downtown either. Just like I won't go near a mall etc. I came the back way so I didn't have to drive by Walmart or  close to the mall. No thanks.

Carol  yep it did well.  I have it taped today to support it. I'm wanting to run today but think I will wait until tomorrow.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

Marjorie - glad the leg is feeling better!

Judy - sorry to hear you are sick, stomach issues are the worst.  Feel better!

Karen - I like those cars.  I really want a Subaru Outback... Maybe someday!

Hi Carol - one of my fusion class mates mentioned he has been doing T25 and was explaining it, sounds like a great workout.

Gatsby - I wish I was more of a Christmas person, I do not revel in the holiday.  Always feel so overwhelmed.  I think I liked it the most when the kids were babies and didn't care what they got, it was so fun to buy cute little outfits and noisy toys.

Have had some good, short runs this week.  Ran 3.5 after work on Wednesday, wanted to run the group run route before Thursday.  Yesterday, ran 3 in the am at the Group Fun Run, it really worked out well, had almost 30 people show up.  I took can donations for the local food pantry (optional) and gave everyone turkey headbands to wear.  I would love to post a picture, but I can not figure out how to do it on this site???  My kids went with their Dad for the day, so I ran another 6 on the TM in the afternoon.  We got about 2 -3 inches of snow yesterday, luckily it started after our run was done.

This am, I ran 3.3 with a friend, was bitter cold but not windy so didn't seem too bad, followed by my Fusion circuit class.  I started a 30 day squat challenge, am on day 2 (55 squats).

Not much on the agenda today, just doing some stuff around the house and have a few errands to do.  Not shopping, lol.  Going to see 'Catching Fire' tomorrow, looking forward to that :-)

Anonymous Guest

Got in 5.7 miles this morning, then walked another mile or so with the dog, who apparently ate way too much turkey yesterday.

Carol, T25? Is that the same thing Damaris has been doing? And what the heck is it?

Gatsby, I love the holidays too. I'm cleaning today to make room for the tree and decorations tomorrow.

Marjorie, my car is pretty old (1998) and needs some work done which would probably cost as much as the car is worth. I've been putting money away for the last year, so will be able to pay cash - I really like not having a car payment too. Now if only we could sell the boat and not have a boat payment....

Laura, the Outback was the other car on my short list. Nice job on your group fun run! Sounds like it went really well. And I've heard Catching Fire is even better than the first movie. We'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD though.

Okay, better get moving. This house isn't going to clean itself. Although wouldn't that be nice. Starting to see dog fur tumbleweeds on the floor, which means I've really been slacking! I have done a good bit of Black Friday shopping online for myself though. Got a couple sweaters from J Jill, some winter stuff from Lands End, and a few things from Athleta (20% off everything today only with the code FIT20). Oh, and if you are fans of The Oatmeal and remember the Blerch comic he did, Blerch shirts are half off today! I may have gotten one of those too. I obviously need to get off the computer or I will no longer be able to afford the new car!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!  I'm always glad it is Friday.  I came into work so the IT guy from HQ could fix my printer problem.  He called this morning but was unable to remote into my machine.  I just returned to my desk from making a cup of tea and he called and emailed that they have fixed the remote problem.....ugh....missed my chance.  I hope he calls back.!

Swimming this morning was a fail.  Didn't make it out of bed.  That is the workout I blow off the most...

Judy--hope you feel better soon!

Karen--I am trying to resist the online shopping urge....

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, presume you are talking about a computer freeze rather than the weather?

Trying to have a quiet day today. I don't want to go anywhere except maybe to take DS for a run, and I very much want to avoid anything involving retailers. I loathe the mall.

11 miles this morning, very hilly route. I was glad when it was done! It's raining on and off all day today.

Plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers. Most of them will go to Sunday dinner at my parents' house.

DH insisted on taking a shower, he is itching all over and he thinks the water helps. Unfortunately it does not help our gas or water bills.

Happy Friday, stay safe everyone -- sounds as if there is nasty weather in a lot of the country.