Womens Running

Excel Mondailies (Read 23 times)

Kilmisters

Month end! Favourite time of the month. NOT. Too many reports, w almost the same headlines, but different data perspectives/form. But that's what you get when creating reports for 2 countries/4 departments. And, of course, there's always billions of questions, which could be avoided if people just read their emails every once in a while.

Laura, you're not looking forward to snow? Huh? Is it because of the cold, traffic or having to clear it?

Lizzie, uhm, after the poop accident in office I am surprised you decided to go w the poop emoji thing Big grin Kids topic - easier said than done, but as long as HCBF hasn't shut the door, what you'll want in 5 years, well... Time will show. Thinking about it now won't make a difference, because, as far as I understand, what you want today isn't confusing. Totally agree with Damaris - don't give in to pressure and do what you want. I remember you telling how your mother made the whole you not having kids yet thing all about her. Yeah, no.

Karen, great costume, and nothing wrong w flip-flops Big grin Riley looks so adorable!

HH-Kathy, gender reveal cake? Wow, talk about making a show out of the whole thing... About making the K "process" look easy, well, of course, it's hardly so. Running when/while K is asleep (w her in stroller) is just a way to clear the mind. It's other factors that make it easiER - DH being home + WFH.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

Kupcakes - I don't know if I told you what a great race pic that was!

Huron - hope you are able to get some miles in this am.  Cute about the gender reveal wedding cake.

Elina - hope your end of the month stuff isn't too taxing and you have a great day!  I am not a fan of snow, driving in it especially.  Oh well, guess I should have moved to a warm weather state!

Quick TM run and weights this morning, maybe an evening run - I think I am free and clear of obligations after work!

HuronHeart

Good morning! First time I think I have posted in the morning.

5 miles done!  Rolled out of bed early to get a few miles in as I plan on meeting DD this evening for her final dress fitting. Taking the MIL along with me as she has not seen the wedding dress. MIL is super excited. 4 hours on the road but worth it for all.

Kilmisters, good luck with month end craziness. I no longer have to deal with month end drama but I remember how crazy it could get.  Year end being the worst.

LC, you are up and at it early. Enjoy your free evening!

HH-Kathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I had a good yoga class.

Saturday was SDO except for a 45 minute cardio dvd

Sunday Buddy and I did 60 minutes out the trail even though it was really dark. After that I went to the park to do my stretches. On the way there I saw a buck with a big rack in a front yard. He looked like a lawn ornament. I am especially careful since DS’s car was totaled recently (out in CO) by a deer that kicked in the radiator and grill, then ran off. He has since gotten a new car.

Today I hope to do a morning run, rain or not. I’m grateful to have a jacket that is plastic coated for weather.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me! Gym tonight.

I did not want to get up this morning but pushed myself to get out there. Windy and cold! BUT was a great run. I felt pretty awesome out there today. It started raining towards the end which kinda sucked because it was cold rain. Going to add in some tempo and MP miles in this week. I feel ready for it.

I am feeling SO much better today than yesterday. Still a little congested but better. Maybe its allergies. Who knows. I decided to come in the office.

My massage was AWESOME yesterday. I hope I can afford to do another one before the race. I am sure that contributed to how good I felt this morning on my run! The only crappy part was I was so stuffed up that when I was laying face down..but nose was dripping onto the floor. YOU'RE WELCOME! haha.

HCBF is staying in town today woohoo! Hope today goes by fast!

Karen – I loved your dress!! You looked so cute! Sounds like the party was fun and I laughed out loud at Riley peeing in his costume. LOL. Does he have another one for Halloween? Ruger is going to be a peacock.

Docket – Thanks for the words yesterday! I do feel pressure! But I think I am giving myself pressure.

Diane – AWWW a bear? HOW CUTE!! YES..that is one of my big things with kids – I want to be able to do what I want!

Susan – CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must be on cloud 9 right now! What a sweet way to do a proposal!! And congrats on the AG win too!! Glad you ignored that email. I might have been tempted to say..”I just got engaged F you.” LOL.

Laura – Nice 5 yesterday! I used to get my nails done too, but it adds up. It also takes up a lot of time!! AWWW so cute about your pup. Do you have a Halloween costume for him?! Good luck on the evening run. Hopefully today at work is uneventful Smile

Run4kupcakes – Nice runs this past weekend! I commend you on yesterday…it was pouring where I was!

Tessa – Funerals are sad..but I laughed out loud at the plumbers crack. I would have had a fit of giggles too! Thanks for the tip on the pumpkin seeds..I ended up just baking them with salt on them. SO GOOD. LOL at your wedding comment. My cousin got engaged in July and she is getting married in December..we all asked that question haha. You are right about HCBF – now he is saying things like “when we get married”. Kinda freaks me out a little.

HuronHeart – I get up at 5 on the weekends hahaha. I am used to getting up at 4..so 5 is considered sleeping in! Not that I can sleep in much anymore anyways. I love that the wedding cake was also a gender reveal! What a cute idea. Glad you had fun!! Your DD is getting married?! I missed that! Congrats! Have fun at the fitting and nice miles!

Elina – NICE job on that run yesterday! If I ever decide to pop out some kids I hope I am back to running as quickly as you were! Good luck getting through those work reports! Good point about the kids..no need to stress about it now.

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Ugh Monday.  I already dread talking to my boss this afternoon.  I know she expected me to work my fingers to the bone over the weekend and I did not.  I tried yesterday evening after DS2 and his GF left, but I was pooped. So she chews me out. Again. I just stare at her (webex -- I hate webex. Wish I could throw away the camera on my computer).

4.9 miles this morning.  Ran w Crazy Jeffrey, then Skye was fussing so I took her for a quick trot around the block.

A wedding gender reveal cake???

Karen--loved the costume pics

Tessa--I would have just lost it!!  I guess y'all should just be thankful his pants didn't rip or fall off!!

Gotta run!! lots to do this morning

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan - That is not fair of your boss to do that!! Seriously. I would report that to HR. WTH. Were you on call or anything??

Judy - Be careful of the deer!!

I just caught MAMMEL staring at my BUTT. For a good 1-2 minutes. I think I need to go home sick because that made me want to puke.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.  Thought of heading to OrangeTheory today but inclines again?  Nope, nope, nope.

HuronHeart, I did and outside!  I don't even use the 1% on my TM either, but OTF does everything at 1%.  It helps that my elevation is really 0% outside, so 1% is really more hilly than where I live, lol.  Nice run!

Elina, I hated working in accounting during month/quarter/fiscal year end.  We still get a bunch of shit to do at the end of each quarter, but not as bad as when I was an accountant.  Good luck!

Laura, nice TM and weights.  Good luck with tonight's run!

Judy, enjoy the morning run.

Lizzie, anytime.  Just do what you want to do and fuck them all, is my motto.  Smile  Glad you had a great massage.  Ask Mammel if he wants to go the Harvey Weinstein route?

Susan, ugh at the boss.  Making people miserable should not be part of her job.  Nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Oh Monday.  Why are you so hard?  Regular rest day for me.  TRX/Bells class on Sat and a measily 4mi yesterday.  Early RB stood me up so only ran with later RB.  Shoulda done more but it was cold and legs were tired.  Probably from all the squats Fri/Sat.  LOTS of time on the couch this weekend.  Sounds good, in theory, but I get bored.  And then frustrated when I can’t drum up someone to talk to or do something with.  Downloaded the HBO NOW app on the one month free trial to binge Big Little Lies.  I really like Reese and Nicole but, since I read the book, I knew what was going to happen.  Still worth it, though.  I started watching Girls which is a bit odd.

Lizzie – wow, what an awesome run on Saturday!  And your time with family sounded so fun.  I LOVED the poop pumpkin!  OMG, cracked me up so bad.  Really well done, too!  As for kids – for me, it’s always been something to be decided with a partner once I got to that position in life.  Since I’ve never been married, I never got to that point.  I’ve never wanted kids bad enough to attempt doing so on my own, that’s for sure.  That’s cool that HCBF is open to the idea and smart of you to not shut the door at this point in your life.  You have SO SO very much time to make that decision later in life.  And, really, Ruger already is your baby, right?!  Glad you are feeling better today and your massage sounded amazing.

Karen – look at the retired lady getting up so early on a Saturday!  Hee hee – I tease.  Sounds like a great run.  LOVED your dress for the party!  And especially loved the flip flops.  Riley is TOO CUTE in his costume.

Damaris – 13% incline?!  Um, no.  Pretty sure I’d fall off the back.  3 more marathons between now and March??!!  OMG, I feel like a slacker!!

Ginny – I thought of you on Saturday when I popped into my local library just after they opened.  The two gals at the desk were chatting quite loudly!  It didn’t bother me at all and I was actually entertained listening – just made me think of you 

Diane – glad you had such a nice massage!  I’m so glad you got over walking on your road, too.  Makes me happy to see people overcome their fears and try new things!!  Scary about your bloodwork.  Hope you can get that sorted out quickly.

Laura – awesome running for you, as usual, over the weekend.  OMG, brrrrrrr on the soccer game.  I’m happy you get a relaxing evening for a change!  You will be my hero if you get out there again for more miles.

Kat – loved that shirt!  Ha ha.  That’s sweet of your neighbor!  But, yeah, probs a pack of ciggy’s wouldn’t be ideal LOL  Hey, what’s next for you as far as running events?  I forget…

Tessa – great long run with RN!  Nice to have company for that.  Oops on the longer route than intended.  Awesome monthly mileage!  No doubt your weight is down.  Funny stuff at church!  Finding humor in those tough times makes them more bearable, IMO.

Elina – OMG on your run!  You are amazing!  Good luck with month end.

Sue – CONGRATULATIONS!  What a stellar weekend – AG win AND a ring?!  Dang, girl.  But, your boss?  She can shove it.  Not sure how you continue to put up with that nonsense.  Nice run this morning.

HH – gender reveal cake cracked me up!  Hey, why not be honest and two birds, one stone LOL.  Awesome job getting up and getting the miles in this morning!  Woohoo!  Have fun with DD this evening.

Lizzie2 – noooooooooooooooo Mammel, just nooooooooooooooo.  I’m grossed out for you.  Did you call him on it??  I would. Like “What are you looking at?”.

I think someone on here mentioned winter is supposed to by warm and dry?  Local weather dude over the weekend said it’s supposed to be cold and snowy.  UGH.  After the time change this weekend I’m going to just want to hide in my rabbit hole until spring.  Having second thoughts about driving to Bis (6 ½ hours).  It’s just so boring and long all by myself.  Plus, if they win the game on Sat, they will play in Fargo next Fri (4 hour drive) which I will go to for sure.  But, if I stay home, it’s sure to be another frustrating and boring weekend with nothing to do.  Womp womp. First world problems…

dhuffman63

Trails

20 something years ago it was so much easier...no gender reveal garbage.  As big as I got there was no hiding it either. Sometimes I feel like those crotchety old folks going on about "how much better it was in my day".  Oh well progress and all that.

I'm too lazy to go back and read but I think someone asked about the small house.  We now have the sinks, toilet and dishwasher in so plumbing is done.  There's some things they need to fix and a shit ton of garbage they need to clean up.  I swear if I were project managing it they would throw their trash out and clean as then went.  They have a huge dumpster out there so use it.  Still no date as to move in but we're not in a hurry.  Don't want to pay 2 utility bills though.

Elina, I have month end here too plus I just finished a huge project and now my boss wants a presentation for him and then the CEO on the changes we propose.  Finally busy.  I love it. And you're right nothing easy about babies without a support system.  I was in Germany with DD and had no one but one always finds a way to get stuff done.

R4k...I missed the pic so went back...AWESOME!

Kathy/HH - nice miles.  I finally brought my workout stuff in so I can go up at lunch and work out.

Laura, here's to no obligations after work.  I'm getting my hair cut but that's it for me.

Sue you have the most asshat boss.  When I was a teen my dad would yell at me for whatever and I would just stare blankly at him...I'm sure that pissed him off even more.  Now a days it would be called the resting bitch face.  I must have missed it...did you get engaged?  Congratulations.  Set a date yet?

Judy when you do dark runs do you carry or wear a light?  I have a headlamp that I used at the PH 50k but ended up carrying it as I need to see the ground better than with a headlamp.

Tessa, thanks for the visual and the laugh...sorry, not sorry.  What a tool.

Lizzie, nice miles.  Glad you enjoyed the massage.  I love mine.

Damaris, I used to do 1% for all my stuff but think that was contributing to the foot pain.  So now I just try and go out and do my roads with all the hills once a week to get my "it's speed work in disguise" done.

Well I need to get going on this presentation.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy the excel geek in me went back through to 2014 to lay out all the blood work results.  All through the years my liver enzymes were fine until the 50k.  My guess is the back spasms are the primary cause.  I'm sure they'll go back to normal with the Nov results.  As to my kidneys, I can't specifically says the cause-effect is due to my Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism) but some other markers went up when I was diagnosed.  Since it's an autoimmune disorder it can and does affect all of a person's functions.  It's wreaked havoc with my cholesterol and has contributed to my BP levels.  Even in remission the effects are still there. Pisses me off to no end.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Haha, I knew who started today's thread from the title.    First off, congrats to Sue!  Wonderful news.  Sorry I have been AWOL, had the little trip to the Dells with the kids and then was kind of bummed about not running.  I did run the first 5K in the Winter Series with 9 yo DD on Sunday.  Her goal was a sub 30 and she really pushed to get it.  I kind of felt like a bad mom, she was saying "I can't" and I kept going and encouraging her but she was not happy about it.    I told her to finish strong when we were almost at the end, and all of a sudden I noticed she was ahead of me.  She really sprinted it out.  I had to really push to cross the finish line at the same time as she did!    She finished in 29:57.  Afterwards she thanked me for pushing her and she said that her goal for the next race will be not to say "I can't".    She also finished first in her AG, so things look good for her in the series.  I was 15 out of 40, which is not horrible considering it was a fairly easy run for me.  My foot was OK during the race but was hurting afterwards, so I will probably rest it for awhile.  Sigh.

Elina, good luck getting through month end!

Laura, hope you have a nice run this evening!

Lizzie, glad you are feeling better today!  Haha, I have had that happen to me at massages.  Drains things anyway.    Mammel deserves a slap.  The kid thing... we may have discussed this before.    I was on the fence, could have lived with or without having a kid.  DH did want them though.  I know two couples that had "oops" kids, they did not want them but ended up having one.  Of course they could not see themselves without a kid now.     It definitely changes things.  I guess it depends on HCBF's reasons for not wanting one.  It sounds like the reasons may be negotiable.     The fact that you are talking about these things and your future together is beyond awesome and makes me so happy!

Sue, congrats again!  Sorry about the work crap.

Damaris, nice running this weekend!  Could you go to OTF and do less of the incline?  Or is that considered bad?  

Sandy, that is a long drive.  We got our first hard frost.  Yay.    It was in the upper 30's and drizzling this morning.  I guess it's better than snow?

Diane, sounds like they are making progress on the house!  Cleaning up as you go, that sounds like a woman thing.  

Karen, nice running this weekend with the group!  The murder mystery party looked like fun!

Tessa, wow, you got some miles in this month!  That funeral does sound like it was a fiasco!

HH-Kathy, gender reveal wedding cake?  That would be a big surprise!  

Happy Monday, all!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy actually it's driving DH crazy too.  He lived alone for over 10 years before we met and was a basically neat person accustomed to being by himself so things like that bother him.  It bothers me more cause they could have been done over a month ago if they planned it out.  And this is not new for them or a very large complex project.  Having come from the telecom world where I had to plan out circuits through multiple points and various vendors it's annoying.

Retirement is several years off but I'm thinking about what I'd like to do part time, kind of like Karen's coaching.  I like helping people so I'm considering a tutor, reading is  my best suit.  I figure if I get started now when I do retire I'll be able to transition into it easily, plus a little extra income won't hurt (more races?).  Anyone have any suggestions?

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Why isn't this day over yet? I just took a nap at my desk HAHA. I couldn't keep my eyes open!

Still have to head to the gym tonight blah. It will wake me up!

Docket – Nice 12 yesterday! Good luck on the 5 tonight. I like that motto Smile I LOL’d on the Harvey Weinstein reference.

Sandy – Is Girls on HBO? Big Little Lies was awesome! Awe, I know what you mean about getting frustrated when you can’t find someone to tlak to or do something with. Been there. I know I am far away, but you can always text me if you want someone to talk too!! I am always available! Well, unless HCBF and I are “busy”..but lets face it that doesn’t last that long. L O L. I 100% agree on your feelings about kids. That is where I stand. Never was/is a priority. Ruger is my baby but sometimes I can’t even handle him! LOL. Can you imagine a child?! That needs 24 hour attention? Don’t know if I am up for that haha. I did not call him out but if I did..I would probably say something like “those squats I do really work don’t they” or something smart like that. OH and I was the one who said warm and dry!! Maybe that was just for Virginia LOL. Hmm…I wouldn’t change your mind about Bis just yet..see how the week goes!! Who knows, some plans might come up that have you stay in town.

Diane – So the small house is coming along! I don’t understand the garbage either – when we do projects onsite here..we always have an issue with it..ALWAYS. Even if we park the construction dumpster right at the loading dock. Laziness. Are you planning on doing a lunch work out today? I remember you were doing those quite regularly! You get a massage once every 2 weeks, right? I was thinking once a month. I may try to get one before the race. They are expensive though!  I was listening to my podcast this morning and they were talking about the lottery..I was trying to think what I would do with all that money. Probably would work part time still to keep me busy..but man, you wouldn’t have any restrictions!

Cathy – Congrats to DD!! You are not a bad mom at all – you were pushing her for her to get her goal! And she did! Smile Love how she thanked you for that. She seems very mature for her age Smile I have a feeling she will be running a lot more races. I love her goal for her next race – in fact, I think I am going to put that as my goal, too! Smile Sorry the foot was hurting afterwords..AHHH this is really frustrating me. I can imagine how frustrated you are – sorry you were bummed Sad I really think you should go in! The KT tape didn’t work for you? The fact that HCBF and I are talking about marriage and future is pretty scary. LOL. I think I remember that story..I would say I feel the exact same way! We will see what happens Wink Its sweet that you are so happy for us! Smile I was showing him pictures of your DD yesterday and he loved the medal Smile

Blah. I am going to try to stay awake another hour. Have a great afternoon/evening!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH..started weather stalking for Richmond. Temps look good 57/41 but rain! I don't mind rain I guess. I don't know if I can do another one sans headphones! Smile Still early though!