Womens Running

Today you are YOU! That is truer than TRUE! FRIDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Dr Seuss Day! AND FRRIIYYAYYYYY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

16.2 for me. Last 6 were at MP - or should I say, NMP (new marathon pace)?

Pretty good run out there this morning. No way is this a cut week. LOL. This was like, speed work week. I need a break now Smile I was crushing my pace out there. I'd say last Fall I was around 9:30-9:50 for MP pace miles. The past couple weeks I have been around 9:05-9:20. Crazy! I am not sure why?! I don't think I would see the effects of not smoking this soon. Anyway, good run overall except I was starving and it caused me to get a little weak and light headed around mile 10. I brought snacks and ate them all, just weird. Someone brought us some heart healthy pasta last night (so good) and I had some bread with it - was stuffed when I was done! Not sure how I was so hungry this morning.   Maybe I need to stop and get a cupcake on the way home Smile

Speaking of not smoking - today marks 3 weeks! It is at this point that people notice the cravings start to subside. I don't notice the cravings anymore, but I am still kinda bitchy. Hoping that is on the decline. I had a nightmare that I was smoking last night.

HCF's cardiologist apt went good yesterday! His EKG is NOT normal..but the doc said that is to be expected since his heart is still healing. He is doing everything right right now. Doctor said he seriously can not ever smoke again and he needs to join a gym after cardiac rehab is over. He will go back for an echo cardiogram in 3 months. Whatever rhythm his heart is in at that time, will be his new normal. Which I guess is different from a regular heart rhythm forever? IDK.

Margaret – Understand the time warp that social media can put you in. Check in from time to time okay? Smile We like you around here! Haha. Even if its brief! Hope work gets better and have a great weekend!

We have someone else bringing us dinner tonight! Grilled chicken, veggies, and soup! yum!!! Looking forward to getting this work day OVER WITH!!!

TGIF!!!!!  OMG do I need a weekend!!!! Swam this morning and cancelled my gym membership since we are MOVING in a few weeks.  You have to cancel 30 days in advance and today is 30 days out--whew! I almost missed it.  Just popped into my head as I was driving over.  We will join the Y next month.  DH says he will go--he really needs to.  He does walk Skye most days, but I think he needs to add some strength training and he won't do it on his own.

Last night I watched Ann Marie while DD went to a meeting at school.  She is SO much fun. I fed her dinner and gave her a bath.  She likes to lay on her tummy in the tub and frog kick.  I laughed the whole time.

Wow! Lizzie--16 miles before work!!

Tomorrow we are driving a rescue weim -- the rescue group is moving her from Mobile to Atlanta.  We're picking her up and dropping her off a couple of hours north of Mobile.  They have 3-4 different drivers taking her relay style to her new foster home.  We should be back in time for the Mardi Gras parade.  Fun!!

Happy Friday!!

Anonymous Guest

8 on tap for me this morning. But first, I must procrastinate. Tomorrow I have baby runners running The Woodlands (2 in the marathon, 2 in the half and 1 in the relay), so I'm trying to convince some of the others to do a run up to the course to watch our people go by, then run back. Not getting a lot of takers though, so may just do a normal run.

Cathy, so did DD's team win again? I'm betting yes. Our office used to get so cold in winter that once I took my snuggie in. There are pictures somewhere out there. I don't know if I made my point to the person in charge of the thermostat, but I did get a few laughs.

Tessa, good to see you.

Margaret, you too. Pop in when you can, I hope the cutback does help you get some sleep. Because sleep is awesome.

Liz,  nice run, again. I am liking the looks of that marathon pace! One of my friends is a manager at Kohls and posted on fb last night "Parents of grade school kids, do you not get some sort of calendar or schedule with events? If one more person comes in asking for Dr. Seuss stuff......"

I am glad the cardiologist appt went well. And I'm proud of you on the not smoking.

Susan, the move is close! I would probably be paying two memberships for a month because I'd forget to cancel. Good for DH, I hope he follows through. And good for you guys for helping transport the rescue Weim. Sweet Ann Marie.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I just did 50 minutes running a light and easy speed on the TM, then did my stretches. Lots to do today. I need to clean up, grocery shop, then go to an after noon (about 3 hours) of volunteer work at the big library.
            Oh, for Spring. At least it's March!
            Happy runs, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  It's my Friday off and we went to Pilates earlier.  We are heading out to lunch soon and I have 7 miles tonight.  It's also hubby's day off if that wasn't clear, lol.

Liz, excellent run and congrats on the 3 weeks!  "but I am still kinda bitchy. Hoping that is on the decline".  Let's hope that was just non-smoking related, and not permanent   I kid, I kid.

Susan, enjoy your well deserved weekend!

Karen, enjoy the 8.  Hoping they have fun!

Judy, nice workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay and Happy March!    DD got to the semi-finals in Battle of the Books.  They lost by 2 points to the team that they beat in the finals last year.  DD was a little disappointed but she was happy for her friends on the other team.  A Snapple, XL Kit Kat bar, and hanging out with my friend's dogs made her happier.  As well as going out to dinner at Chili's to celebrate and a relaxing bath.    Rest day today, though our other car is in the shop and I may run the 2 miles to get it this afternoon!  Going out to dinner for my birthday with the family and in-laws tomorrow night and meeting my sister for "linner" on Sunday afternoon.

Lizzie, awesome long run!  3 weeks of not smoking is incredible.  I knew that you could do it.    Interesting about HCF and his "new" heart rhythm.  Nice job on the practice test!!  I am sure that you will pass the real one.  Sandy sent me a message because she read my comment about her causing the bad winter for the Midwest, lol.  

Sue, nice swim this morning!  That is great about the rescue weim.

Karen, nice 8!  DD took not winning pretty well.  There was a lot of pressure, being the defending champs and a lot of people were ready to say that they were cheating if they won again.  Still think it is amazing that as a 3rd grade team they defeated 5th graders!  Haha, funny about the snuggie!  This is Read Across America week!  It's always at this time of year.    I think March 2nd is the "big day", the birthday of Dr. Seuss.  But most people don't remember that.  

Damaris, enjoy the 7 and your (and hubby's) day off!

Margaret, hope cutting down on screen time helps you!  I tried that for a short time and it didn't help, it made me feel a little disconnected.    But everyone is different!  I will follow you closely on Strava.

Tessa, nice to see you check in also, and to see your smiling face with Sandy's.  

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

I will pass on the Dr. Seuss stuff.

Susan, have you taken Ann Marie swimming? How old does she have to be to go to the Y?

Thank you for helping drive the Weim, although I have to say that poor girl, being handed over from one stranger to another every few hours. I hope she will have a blankie or toy that can stay with her as a comfort object as she goes from car to car.

Karen, trouble with running up to see specific racers then running back is you could be standing there for some time waiting for them to go by. I could see running up to the course, stopping to applaud and cheer a few people, then going back, but I probably wouldn't want to stand around for a while in the middle of the run waiting for a run by.

Liz, congratulations on 3 weeks!

Cathy, sorry DD's team did not win, however nice to give some others a turn.

Judy, nice run and enjoy the volunteering. You're right, it is March now!

Damaris, I thought it, you said it. Sorry Liz!

No run this morning, I didn't get to bed until 11:30. Planning to head to the gym for a few miles.

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Your DH and HCF are similar – he considers walking the dog enough exercise! Smile Yes, you do need a good weekend and it sounds like you are going to have one! Enjoy!

Karen – Had a call this morning with someone in Dallas, and he was complaining about the 30 degree temperatures. Nice run for you today! Oh yes, its that time of year for the Woodlands! Does it feel weird not running it this year?

Judy – Phew, you do have a busy day!

Docket – Awe, nice that you and DH can have a day dateSmileGood luck on the 7. Hey, I might be a permanent bitch. Hehe Smile Guess you all will see soon!!!

Cathy – Aw, DD is so cute. Wouldn’t an XL kit kat bar make anyone feel better?! Smile Sorry that her team lost! Enjoy running to your car this afternoon Wink And enjoy those birthday celebrations!! Monday will be here before you know it Smile Are you doing anything special on Monday?

Tessa – Have a good run today! Hopefully things are slowing down a bit at work??

Have a great afternoon/evening!

Half Crazy K 2.0

So glad it's the weekend, although I sort of expect to deal with some work shit. Lots of people involved in the budget process and I am getting pulled in so many directions. Today I had to leave at 1 for a dentist appointment and was stuck in discussions, finally was like look I HAVE TO GO NOW. Ugh. 9 miles after work.

Lizzie, my guess is your pace is a combo of multiple training cycle, no smoking & cooler weather.

CrazySue, enjoy the rescue drive.

AnonymousGuest, I brought a Snuggie in at one point too. Our facilities guys got sick of my complaining and gave me a heater.

Turtles, semi-finals is still a big achievement for DD!

Judyruns, March is definitely not starting very spring like.

Arimathea, depending on the pet, I can see some milking each set of new humans. Poor me, I need some treats

Docket, we saw Ron White last month. It was the show I had no clue I was going to until 2 hours before.