Womens Running

Mad about Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

In a good way.....

Camille-glad you were able to get out for a run! sorry about the drama surrounding your mama.  (hope you managed a weak smile and strong groan at that one)

Marjorie-those were funny!

Gatsby-Leona Divide.  there you go.

Carol-was a running fit event.  nice that they do the voucher thing.  Good run other than the throwing up part!  LOL   Easy on the slow down thing.  Tell her she has to run longer, further, on a trail, that has a loop, a big loop, with many signs for criss crossing trails, and then get lost so that it's an even bigger loop.  Better yet, I'll send you the written out directions for the Run Woodstock 16 mile loop where you need to consult maps and signs and gps maps.  that builds in automatic walk breaks.  Or on a trail where the person pacing her know where to go but she doesn't so that she actually stays with them.  Short of that, perhaps a few shots before a race would help.  LOL  "Coach says "Race pace only on race day."  If you run the same pace during a race as on your training runs then it isn't truly "race pace."  That is from DD's track coach.  Another option... bring her to a run with Katie and I.  We'll take her out on a trail and bring her back a slower woman.  I've done it before, I can do it again.  LOL

Karen-nice job.  You are one of my success, make her slower to make her faster stories. Ha!  I take complete credit based on MCM and North Country.  All me.  LOL

Cindy-woohoo on the comeback and feeling strong.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I spent 2.5 hours in the afternoon doing some volunteer work in a nearby library which is much larger than mine. I did a ton of walking on a slab floor so I bagged the run. It was in a big underground part of the library so I was worn out.

Saturday was my birthday run. Actually, I am 72 today. I did 75 minutes (to round it out) on the TM in our building. The heel feels so much better in my regular running shoes.

Sunday I did 45 minutes down on the TM again. This time I used the Adrenaline GTS15. There is no doubt about it, they are stiffer than the 14s. I prefer the 14s and will only keep the one pair of 15s.

Today will be a track run, quick run to get a pair of shoes, then out to dinner with a friend for my birthday.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Hope you had a great day Smile

Lisa - Funny thing is RB loves, and does great on trails. that is if she pays attention to hydration and nutrition!  She was at Pinckney with us.  I want to come run trails with you & Kaite.....such fun!

Did run yesterday in some new shoes...Saucony Ride 7's.  I think I liked 'em!

Off to work.

Happy Monday!

Carol

Hey I am back!  Last week was really upside down.  I had a cold or allergies--at first I thought it was a cold, but as the week went on I decided maybe allergies.  My hip hurt so bad I didn't run, so I just ended up taking the entire week off.  Then BF had a heart procedure and was in the hospital for 3 days ( the hospital is a two hour drive ;( ).  He is doing ok, they were unable to do the scheduled ablation so they changed his meds to regulate his a-fib.  He is still sore and tired from the procedure, but is back at work today (stubborn).

Yesterday I did get out for a 6 mile run, this morning was a swim.  The woman at the sign in lied--the pool heater was not working AGAIN!!!  Cold!!!  but I was already wet by the time I found out, so I swam any way.

Have a great day!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

karen awesome win and placement

Cindy no worries. It is okay if you can't get in everyday

Thanks Lisa. I think jib jab is funny

Judy I knew it was coming time for your birthday have a good one!

Sue I hope dbf gets done rest. So they can't do the ablation at all?

Marjorie

Happy birthday Judy!

Get well wishes to Sue's BF!

Lisa, trying to avoid the 50K enablers and there you go throwing out another possibility!

Hi Carol, Marjorie, and everyone else.

Rest day for me.  Enjoying more rain from the comfort of the great indoors.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Happy Birthday Judy!!

Gatsby- well, you could pull a Karen.  Don't do a 50k, run the 50 miler.  I'll be gasping and hanging on for dear life to Tessa as she sings and cavorts up the mountain.  I'm sure that there will be a 50 miler who finishes before me (doing the 50K).  Probably many.

Carol-You'd think that her crashing out there would have taught her a lesson.  Probably just cemented that she should run as fast as possible to be done as soon as possible so that she doesn't have to drink or eat anything. Silly lady.  We do have fun!  Our 25 miles out on the Woodstock loop was one of our fun (and surprisingly successful) adventures.  I'll let you know when next we go to Poto.  Probably won't be until after first of year though.

Lisa

Camille-Happy Birthday to you today too!

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Happy birthday Camille and Judy!

Got in 6.4 miles this morning.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2