Womens Running

Cookies for breakfast WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Don't tell me I am the only one eating cookies for breakfast!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 miles for with the last 6 at DMP (dream marathon pace - thanks Cathy Smile ). May head over to the gym at 9:30 for a 30 minute abs class.

KILLED IT. I killed that run Smile I set my pace to be between 9:30-9:50 and I was sitting at either 9:28, 9:29 or 9:34. VERY VERY happy with that. I felt like I could have kept it up for a while, too! Of course weather is good! A little cold, but good. It was about 26 out. I honestly could have used another pair of pants. My 20 on Friday will be about 17 degrees. I am defiantly wearing two pairs of pants then! I have a real nice fleece lined pair..I usually only have to wear them twice a year Smile

I am heading to see my BFF today. She has kids so easier for me to head to her house. Then the parents meet for dinner tonight! OH BOY.

Sandy and Kilmisters - Thinking of you this morning as I sit here shivering. I should probably get out of these sweaty clothes! BUT now I know what you are talking about Smile

Margaret - BLAH on going back to work today! It should be very quiet! Nice job on the miles Smile How are you feeling? Almost back to yourself? You have seriously never been in a Walmart?! That is crazy!!! They are a real pain (crowded..interesting people) but they do have some good deals on stuff. Especially travel size things.

OH..so work called me yesterday. Stupid fu&*ing company I work for. Asked for all these documents and a redo of a key audit the week of Christmas. WHO DOES THAT!? So I had to do it last night. I will NOT be counting yesterday as a vacation day. SO FRUSTRATING. LEAVE ME ALONE!

Okay, done venting. Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, great work on the run! You are strong and bada$$ for sure !!  Go with the cookies. I shall eat one at breakfast this morning as a tribute to your fantastic run ! 

Tuesday I decided to take SDO and make sure the toes were ok. They are definitely good to go. Did some yoga today and meditation. I also woke during the night and did a good 45 minute meditation in bed. It helps to fall back to sleep. The one thing that wakes me during the night is when I feel too cold or too warm. I just keep adjusting back and forth with the covers. It works.

Today I will stay inside for sure. It’s about 3° F. right now with a nasty wind chill. I’ll run here at home.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Holy cats it's fecking cold....13 with a feels like 2.  I am so OVER winter.  DH says it'll be even colder next week.  It was cold even in the house last night so I didn't do anything.

Lizzie, awesome run.  As Judy says you are a badass for sure.

Margaret...what, no walmart?  That's all I have to shop at.  I can get dry goods and the like through Amazon but anything fresh it's wally world for me.  Well unless I want to drive over an hour to Joplin or 2 hours to Tulsa.  As it is it's either 20 or 30 min.  No neighbors are nice but convenient it is not.

My boss is killing me...worked my butt off on a presentation based on the way he said he wanted it and now he wants it different.  RRRR. Now to figure out how to change it up without losing my mind.

Happy Wed everyone.

Docket_Rocket

But I don't like cookies!

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.  Had to divide the run last night between outside and inside because the humidity was brutal and I couldn't breathe.  Still, I ran the MP miles too fast, especially the one mile I ran outside, so glad I went to the TM and behaved for the rest, lol.

Lizzie, nice run. Sorry work interrupted your vacation day.  Yeah, do not count it as a vacation day.

Judy, enjoy the run.

Diane, stay warm.  I wish there was no Walmart here (I don't go there, but as usual, it's a mess). But we have options.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I haven't been that great at checking in or doing personals lately, sorry about that. I love Christmas and the whole holiday season, but sometimes it still gets to me. I try to make the best of my situation and enjoy what I've got, but when you see all these pictures online of people with their families and their kids.....it can get depressing being down here with no family and no kids. So I've been kind of hit or miss with my internet time.

Not much going on here, just running as many miles as I could for the mileage game finals the last couple weeks. Congrats on the win, HCK! You guys were a tough team. I liked to think of our team as the little team that could - we didn't even get any points on the board until sometime in February, and then worked our way up and ran we needed to and made it to the finals.

Anyway, unless I feel better later, I'm probably going to take a rest day today. I've run every day since the day I drove home after the marathon, including 71 miles last week. Almost all slow and easy miles, but more than I've ever run this soon after a marathon. So I am tired.

Liz, awesome run for you!!

Margaret, welcome to Strava! I'm going to go find you on there. If you search for me, you can look through my followers and find some of this group. You can also search for clubs and see if any of the groups you run with have groups on Strava and join them/find running friends there.

Diane, that sounds frustrating. I used to have a boss that would change everything I did, multiple times. And she did it to everyone. I once kept every version (we were supposed to destroy old versions for legal reasons) and showed her that she changed my stuff back to where I had started weeks earlier. After that, she made a lot less changes on my stuff.

According to the TV weather people, it's cold pretty much everywhere but Florida (sorry, D!). High in the low 40s here, that's cold for us! Nothing like the northern 2/3s of the country though. Stay warm and dry everyone!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

I'd have cookies if I had some, ate all the ones in my desk drawer.    However, one of the ladies in payroll brought in something called "wine cake".  It's a Bundt type cake with some sort of spices and omg so good.

Nice run Damaris.  You and Lizzie are so going to kill your next marathon.

Since my HR has been down even during my "fast" walks I'm thinking I might be able to start a little bit of running next year.  Fingers crossed.

ginnyb

0 degrees here this morning!  Wish we could have pretty snow without this cold.  You all know how much I like the cold .  Still in my funk with running.  I am getting a little desire, but not enough to get me out in the cold to either run outside or go to the gym.  Also trainer has the flu so haven't been to gym yet this week either and I really don't mind.  Where oh where is my mojo????  Plus, when I look in the mirror at my body ( which I try to not do as much as possible)  I see the same loose skin under my arms and just about everywhere anymore and think to myself, what is the point?  I know exercise makes me feel better, but appearnance-wise....nothing!  After 68 years you would think I would be used to this body and accept, but still have issues, I hate it.  Okay I didn't mean to come on here for a pity party and that really wasn't what I was doing, just stating my state of mind right now.  I think it is winter, I will blame it on that!

nice run this morning Liz!  Good for you!  Those spectacular, no effort runs, do not come along often , so enjoy the aftermath!

Christmas was great here and sorry the holidays are just about over.  I enjoy every aspect of them and fairly depressed every year when they end.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Karen, I get you on the missing family.  Mine is all down in MS or FL, DH's is scattered too, DD and GD spent Christmas with her husband's family.  It's been just DH and I for several years now.  I do keep all the versions...lol.  He does it to both my co-worker and I so after 3 years I'm used to it.  He must still be happy with my work based on my raise this year so whatever...lol.

Docket_Rocket

Karen, yeap. Everywhere but here, lol.  Disney looks to be warm (Houston does not look better either).  Enjoy the well deserved rest!

Diane, wine cake, hmmm.  Good thing no one brought that here.

Ginny, hoping you find your running mojo soon.  Maybe the start of a new year will help.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny!  HI!  I think we all feel that way about our bodies at one point or another.  Advertising doesn't help.  Based on your FB posts you are loved and I think that is more important than being "perfect".  Just think of all the wonderful things your body has gotten you through.  Those gym workouts are tough and so are you!

Your Christmas looked so warm and cozy.  You'll get your mojo back.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, Tribute Cookie consumed with breakfast in honor of your run. 

Ginny, the so called perfect bodies usually last about 15 years because then all the cosmetic surgery they have done needs to be redone. I am much more at peace with my body as I get older. I also have to laugh, because the heredity won out. I am my mother.  Hee!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

I am my mother too Judy!!!!  Most of the time, I am fine with how I am, just a mood I guess.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

38 and rainy here.  No thank you.

Lizzie, glad your run was so good.  Hope you warmed up OK.  Good luck tonight with the folks.  I'm sure it will go great.

Judy, indoors indeed.

Diane, sorry about the presentation.  Hate it when they change their mind.  Fecking cold indeed...

Damaris, not too keen on Walmarts either, and they are EVERYWHERE here.  I could WALK to 2 from my house.  (Yep, I live in the swanky part of town...)

Karen, sorry you are at odds with the holidays.  Those coasters your nephew sent looked awesome!

Ginny, never a pity party here.  I try to avoid the mirror too.  I have put on so much weight in the last few years I am embarrassed by the view.  We all are fine though in reality.  

38 and raining as I said, aint gonna happen.

Cat is getting snuffly again.  She KNOWS I am going to start medicating her and she ran away and is hiding behind the bed.  Little bugger.  I have to pill her daily for 7 days, then twice weekly.  Gonna be a nightmare.

I guess that is the extent of my enthusiasm at this point.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, you mean there are other options for breakfast besides cookies? Sounds like it worked to give you a run at DMP!

Get changed out of your cold sweaty clothes, it really isn't good to sit around in them. And good luck with the parents meeting for dinner!

Marjorie, I love my KitchenAid. So nice to be able to set it whipping cream or beating egg whites or creaming butter and sugar and not have to hold the hand mixer the whole time.

Hope Quincy's tail is just swimmer's tail.

Margaret, yay on volunteering so much that you get free races! Thanks for doing the volunteering.

Boxing Day -- traditionally it was the day that the servants had off, after spending their Christmas Day waiting on the upstairs folks. Nowadays it is a bank holiday and a massive shopping day, sort of like the American Black Friday.

Judy, good that your toes are showing no lasting ill effects.

Diane, join the club of "if you wanted it that way why didn't you say so?" Grrr. Presentation in less than half an hour. I'm not redoing it again.

Sounds like most of the northern and eastern parts of the country are very cold. Not so here.

Yay on the RHR being down...I would think start up with the running as you wish.

Damaris, you don't like cookies? I don't know if I can be your friend any more...you are really more of a savoury/salty person, right? (And no I am not speaking about your language...)

Karen, sorry you are far from family. And wow on the running -- 71 miles? Most impressive! Hah on showing the boss that she changed it back to where it was originally

Ginny, hi! I was wondering how you were. Blame the mood on winter, blame the body changes on gravity. Nothing we can do about it. But we can make the most of what we've got, and you are very active and healthy for 68! I'm guessing you know that a good portion of the population can't even walk 2 blocks without huffing and puffing and having to sit down. (I was married to one such...he never walked anywhere and so lost all his mobility and fitness and then couldn't get it back even if he'd wanted to.)

Kat, we are still pilling all 3 cats once daily with the antifungal. Little boogers hate the pills. Iota in particular is good at running away and then barfing it back up. He is pissed when I grab him and hoist him to stand on his back paws so he can't hork anything out.

Walk to Wal-Mart? From the looks of their parking lot and the number of people screeching down the street to get there I didn't think anyone actually walked to Wal-Mart. I know some people walk out of the parking lot because they abandon the shopping carts by the bus stop.

I got in 4 this morning and still made the bus. Traffic is really light this week. I came out of my driveway and there were two young men sitting on the curb by the corner -- not sure what was up -- said good morning and continued on, they said good morning back, and when I returned they were gone but the one car I'd noticed that isn't parked on the street regularly was still there. Run was good, 4 miles without too much wind, did some strides (faster for 2 lamp posts, then regular pace for 2 lamp posts) on the way back.