Womens Running

WAKE UP, IT'S WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 270 times)

SassySparky

Morning ladies!  Post away!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Heading out for 3 in a few.  Did not do ST last night.  Oh well. Big D just got a weight bench and weights, so I'm excited to start wailing on my pecs Wink.  Now if only we had room for a treadmill ... 

NRR: I ended up doing some real work last night and I'm proud of myself.  I need to be able to focus at home more often, but that's why I didn't St because I was exhausted by the time I was done.  I will have to stick to AM workouts.  Anyway, tonight I want to order our Christmas cards (including our family pic from HEBA!) and tidy up the house in addition to doing some more work.  

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

OJewel

Good morning Sassy! We must be cross posting! Good morning girls! I checked on the thread a bit last night and it was great to see so many posters!!

RR - Did 2 miles this morning outside.

NRR - Hoping to get a mani pedi today after work, as well as pick up around the apartment, and maybe do a quick load of laundry at the laundrymat. I wouldn't bother, but I really need to throw my swimsuits in. Or maybe I'll handwash them. I also need to run a few errands. Uhh I guess that's really it. 

Happy Wednesday all! 

OJewel

Sassy - I never do evening workouts with any regularity either. I'm much better if I do it in the morning, even if I don't have that much time! Can't wait for Christmas cards! One day I'll do picture cards, haha. I don't think I have anything to put on a picture card, ha.

MA runner girl

Morning ladies!

RR: 4 miles last night. Besides having to pee after 2 miles it went well. It's annoying to have to get off the treadmills at the gym because even if you pause it the thing resets after a few seconds. Good thing I stopped it at exactly 2 miles or my OCD self would have freaked out Wink Tonight I am hopefully running a few milse on my parents treadmill...

NRR: Halfway through the week without DH! Last night I actually had a real dinner (leftovers) and not just cereal Wink I also ordered DH and I ugly sweaters for a Christmas party we are  going to on the 8th. Ebay actually had a maternity one, so I'm excited about that! Tonight I'm going to get my rings appraised for insurance after work and then going to my parents to hang out with my mom. I'll probably get a few miles in before she gets home and then we will order takeout and just chat. Should be nice!

Sassy - Ohh I have to order Christmas cards too.. I wanted to do a bump pic so I'm waiting until my bump is a little bigger! I have the opposite problem and can't get my butt out of bed in the morning to work out! I'm sure things will change after March...

Jewel - I'd probably handwash the swimsuits if that was an option, rather than go to the laundrymat for one load! Good luck getting your errands done and enjoy the mani/pedi!

Have a great day girls! I'll try to check back in.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Hello Ladies! Trying to get back to posting regularly…

RR: Still nada. I’ll be glad when crazy work hours and moving is over. We have movers coming Friday for all of our big stuff.

NRR: It’s been a bit crazy! I had my big shipment go out yesterday! It’s the one I’ve been working tons of extra hours for, so that’s a huge relief. We painted most of the interior of our new house last weekend, so DH and I have been packing up stuff every day when we get home and bringing it to the new house and semi-unpacking there. After today we’ll have all of our stuff that isn’t furniture at the new house. The kitties are moving over with us tomorrow night (we’ll just sleep on a mattress on the floor for a night), and then we’ll be over for good starting Friday!

Sassy: Glad you got some work done last night.

OJ: Good job on the 2 this morning. I hope you get the mani/pedi too.

Have a great day ladies. Hopefully I can get back to normal posting with the less spam here and being a little less crazy now.

POrun

MA: Glad you’re still getting to run so much! Ha, you sound like me with dinners when DH is out.

carawsb

Good morning, gals!  Smile  I hope that everyone is off to a good start this Wednesday morning!

Sassy - Kudos on getting the real work done at home last night! Wink  I have to say, I sometimes like having an evening workout; but, lately I am so beat by the time DH and I get home I have not been motivated.  I am hoping to get back to some of them regularly in the future, when my body starts to get sorted out.  I hope you have a good run this morning!

OJewel - I almost always wash my swimsuits by hand.  It scares me to put them in the wash, because I do not want to ruin them.  Enjoy getting your nails done!  That sounds so great!  I have not had mine done in AGES.  But, I am notorious for picking it all off so... Blush

MA - Enjoy the evening with your Mom, tonight!  That sounds awesome!  I can also relate on the dinner choices when DH is gone... Shy  I usually eat snacks the entire evening...

PO - It sounds like you guys are almost there!  So excited for you!  Good luck getting the kitties moved, and the rest of your stuff!  Moving is so much work, but it is so rewarding once you are able to finally cozy up in a new home! Big grin

RR:  We did core and weights at the gym this morning.  I am not sure if we will do anything later today, or not!?  I am still trying to watch my calorie burn, because I still have hardly been able to eat anything.  Yesterday, I was only able to get in a Gatorade and a banana for lunch. Undecided

NRR:  Work has been slow this week, which really stinks.  Grrr... Joking  I am already looking forward to the weekend!  Last night, DH and I watched a couple of movies on Netflix, before calling it a day.  It was a nice, relaxing evening.  It has also been quite chilly here the past couple of days.  I still was not warm by the time we left the gym this morning, and had to readjust my wardrobe after I ate breakfast this morning...  And, of course, it is supposed to be 60 degrees again this weekend! Roll eyes

I hope everyone has an awesome day!  I will definitely check in later!

gsdrunner

Sassy: Hope you are able to stay focused. I have spells of really good and then time of getting sidetracked. Yay for the weight bench.. Makes things so much easier.

OJ: Hope you get the pedi/mani in. I would go for a self wash on the swimsuits.

MA: LOL, I totally remember having to run and pee all the time. I moved my runs inside just bc of that reason! 

PO: So exciting about the house.... it gets easier once you are officially in. 

RR:  5 outside or at least I am hoping so. If not 5 on the TM.

NRR: I really need to find something for M and I to do outside the house. We have been home for a little too long and I think we both are getting cabin fever. Its hard to find programs during the holiday season. Plus, going to walk the mall or shopping area is now so busy.  Anyhow, gotta get M breakfast so we can get out the door. 

Have  a great hump day!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

It's nice to be able to post here and not have to deal with the spam on RWOL.

So, my appointment in Boston was changed to tomorrow at 8 a.m. I'm going out to Boston tonight to spend the night with a friend. This way I don't have to leave the house at 5 a.m. to be sure I get there on time!

I had a really bad night. Was up till about 2 a.m., slept till 4, was up till 5:30 and then fell back asleep till 6. Spent the night puking. The nausea is so bad. My head feels like it's going to explode. My anxiety is thru the roof. My vision is blurry and spotting and I'm so done living like this! UGH. I pray that Dr. Hottie can fix me SOON!

No time for personals. I'm on to a meeting. Happy Humpday, Ladies!

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: nada. one more day I hope.... feeling even better...

NRR: work. meeting over lunch, massage tonight. Smile  it's at 5.15 which I love.... have to leave work at a reasonable hour.

sassy: M totally wants a weight bench and rack and the works. And I want a treadmill! we might end up investing in the equipment next year.  that's  good luck getting the cards done and the clean up!

jewel: good luck with the errands! hope you can squeeze the mani/ pedi in.

MA: haha! I totally get it! I'm able to run random distances outside with my garmin, but at the gym, god forbid!  way to go on the 4 miles!

po: yay for the shipment being done! sounds like tons of work yet on getting settled in the new home. good luck with all the work that needs to be done on that! sounds like you guys are making good progress.

cara: we're getting the see-saw weather too. about 12 degrees outside this morning, and by this weekend, 60s again. I just wish it would rain or snow or something. sorry about the slow work week!

must jet... drawings calling.

L e e l a

Morning!

RR - Heading out for 5-6 GA once I'm done posting.  Really loving this period of running without a watch.  Still using my headphones, so not quite "naked" but it's a great break from the pace centered training for my HM. Although paced running will return after the New Year!

NRR - Still on track with my goal of keeping the house generally neat through the week. Started with a clean house on Monday, and I'm doing my darnest to keep it that way!  Gotta get going on a few Christmas gifts for family: we are doing Christmas early with my family in a week and a half.  Eek!

I hope to be back for personals after my run!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in a brisk 7 trail miles today, faster than I thought! My quads were feeling it a bit from the core work I did last night. Nothing else today.

NRR: Baking breakfast muffins and doing laundry tonight. Oh man, life of excitement over here! Work yesterday was okay. I had to interact with the annoying condescending PM, and that put me in a bad mood. I need to work on not letting it bother me so much.

Sassy - At least you were productive. I feel super lame if I end up bailing on a work out to sit around and do nothing.

Jewel - I'm doing laundry tonight, too! OMG HOW COOL! Wink Also, I'm with MA - I'd handwash the suits.

MA - Nothing wrong with cereal for dinner. If it makes you feel any better, I do the dishes maybe 3x a week when DBF isn't here. Have fun with your mom tonight.

PO - It sounds like moving is going smoothly, which is great. I'm already dreading when DBF and I move to a new place, and we haven't even started looking yet.

Cara - The weather has been fluctuating here, too. I was in shorts last week, long pants and jacket today, and will be in capris by this weekend.

GSD - Are there some parks nearby? Not sure what the weather is.. are there any museums?

lizo - Ooh, enjoy your massage tonight!

Leela - What does GA stand for?

monk717

Good morning!

RR: Ended up skipping it again this morning. My legs are still so weak! I'm not sure I could have even made it through body flow. So frustrating. I wanna work out!

NRR: My belly is starting to get in the way of my desk. I'm not sure how I could modify my workstation to make it comfortable for the next three months. Any mamas have ideas? I have my chair far enough away that its getting uncomfortable to reach the mouse and keyboard. DH is back at work today so all three of us left the house! We're both still tired though and not quite up to speed. My tummy didn't like the Thanksgiving leftovers we had for dinner last night! We're so upset... since we were all sick we didn't eat the pumpkin pie and it got moldy! I don't know if I didn't cover it well enough or pumpkin pie just doesn't last long. So I promised DH I'd make another pumpkin pie this weekend or next weekend. Its going to be a busy day at work today, the phones and emails coming in are exploding! So I better get back to work. Have a great day divas!

RunNaiRun

Good Wednesday morning, DIVAs!

Sassy, I have a gmail account from school, I just have to figure out what it is! Can’t wait to see your fancy Christmas cards, so excited!  I’m with you…I would love to have a TM at home, even though I’m a hardcore road running, I would love to have the option!

Hey Jewel!  Sounds like a good “get stuff done” kind of evening, good for you!  Our old sitter (and framily member) Vicki the Great takes a picture with her puppy, Stella, and puts those on her Christmas cards every year!

Hey, MA!  Look at you and all your energy!  So excellent, you’re back to getting miles in, hooray!  I’m the same way…if I do have to get off the TM, I make sure it’s at a round and even number and then I RACE to the bathroom or whatever to try to make it back!

Hey, PO!  So cool, all your hardwork and transitioning is almost finished, hooray for the new house! 

Cara, so sorry you are still having issues getting calories in…and I’m amazed at our weather, too – our ground is covered in snow and we’ll be up in the 60s as well this weekend.  Pneumonia, anyone?

Hey, gsd!  I loved the things they offered at our local library when N was little…I worked part-time, so getting to that stuff was easier (hard to explain that I’m heading out to story time at 10 a.m. on a Tuesday as the reason I’m not at my desk these days!)  Plus, they get you in touch with other people with kids around the same age, which would be good for both of you, I think!

RLTW, fingers and toes crossed for good helpful news at your meeting tomorrow.

Lizo, what a perfect time for a massage, I agree…and ENJOY!!!  Hopefully it will wring out any lingering toxins and you’ll feel amazing in the morning!

Hey, Leela!  Great to “see” you!  I’ve made more than basic tidying during the week a priority, too…what a difference it’s made, the weekends don’t feel so jammed and I love it when the house is picked up, anyway!  Enjoy your semi-naked run!

Outwest, excellent mileage, woman!  What are you training for? (sorry I don’t remember…lame)

So, I managed a perfectly typical Nai thing this morning…instead of going to the pantry on my own floor for morning tea, I met someone downstairs in the cafeteria (read: much hotter water).  Then, since it was in a to go cup with one of those little spout openings, I figured it’d be OK to balance it on the plate with my fruit to open the door to the Law Department.  Hello, tea down my chest and pink 8oo8s.  OW!!!  And I’m quite positive the poor security guards who watch the entrance to the department had to be cringing, too!  Le sigh.  Dingbat, at your service.

I’ve been keeping up with the Holiday Streak, and only once have I run just one mile (last night)…and it was a good night! Two nights ago I did a Pilates Reformer Demo…and…I’M TOTALLY HOOKED.  Like, I want to take classes, I want to learn how to teach it, I want to have one in my house…OK maybe not that last one, but I really loved doing it and how it made me feel, front and back, all over!

Happy Hump Day, DIVAs!  XOXOXO to all!