Womens Running

Seat warmer Tuesdailies (Read 14 times)

I'm so glad our car has seat warmers!!! Good for early spin class.

Yeah, we are lightweights. It was 40F this morning!!! That is chilly for us. Spin class was good. Just wish I could knock out that stupid sinus headache I've had since Saturday night.  Just enough to be annoying.

Sandy--our old house has several large oak and pecan trees. Wow did we rake leaves!  There is only one area at our new house that needs to be raked, and I like to use those leaves for mulch.

Karen--how's the unpacking? We still have things that are packed away....and I don't think we will ever hang pictures in the living room or study.

Later!

LC Runs

4 miles this am - 20 degrees but no wind so it wasn't terrible.  I did have 4 layers on top and insulated leggings on so that probably helped!

Sue - I do not have seat heaters, but my next car will LOL  Nice job with spin.

Okay, barreling through this day,..halfway done with the short week.

Kilmisters

Woke up this morning to... FIRST SNOW Smile It has almost melted by now, but I went out for a (very uncharateristic for me) noon run on trails just to enjoy the scenery. On my way back it was raining already Sad It's almost December, usually it's winter weather here already. Go figure. That just probably means we'll get Arctic-like Feb/March perhaps Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

On our way to get a uhaul and trailer to get the rest of our stuff and the Corvette. The 100 miler I’ve been eyeing opened registration at 8 am. I didn’t have anything else to do in the passenger seat, so…. Hennepin Hundred on October 1! Looking for crew and pacers.

Susan, cold here this morning too. I may regret the sweatshirt and pants when it gets to 70 though.

Laura, crap that’s cold! I love my seat heaters, you northern ladies should definitely have them.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

No seat warmers for me but, I do have cloth seats (as opposed to leather) which helps a lot in my mind.

6mi easy.  Similar weather to Laura - maybe a few degrees warmer.  Just 3 layers on top for me.  The no wind helps tremendously.  If this was as cold as it gets I guess I wouldn't mind.  Passed the Governor twice!  We were both doing out/backs in opposite directions.  I thought it might be him when I saw him the first time but it was still kinda dark.  Was guessing I would see him again based on where we were running and I did!  I wanted to say something but chickened out!

Karen - wow, cool about the hondo!  Glad you are almost done unpacking.  Do you like the running in your new area or too soon to tell?  Safe travels today and good luck with the rest of it!  Hopefully you can relax, then, for the holiday?  Are you cooking??

Damaris - what a pain having to go in/out of the metal detectors!  In my office, I found it annoying that the bathroom was outside the door and you had to fingerprint to get in.  Kinda grossed me out, tbh.

Laura - Nashville!  How fun!  I've never been and wouldn't mind checking it out one day.  Are you going for any special occasion?  Hopefully the Air BnB leaves you lots of space!  Yeah, I felt bad for the kids getting their vax.  The 6 yr old was the worst.  I could kinda see in the little "pod" (or whatever they called it - just curtained off little areas) the dad and a 2nd nurse had to hold him down.  The 10-12 yr old girl they were trying to reason with LOL.  Lasagna sounds delish!

HCK - OMG I can't believe you attempted Costco!  Nightmare on a good day LOL

Sue - nice getting to spin!  Ugh on the sinus headache.  Is it weather related?  My neighbor uses some of her leaves for mulch, too.

Elina - nice early run for you!

Managed to get 6 more bags of leaves to the yard waste place.  Let's hope the winds forecast for today don't bring more.  I'm kinda over them 

ccoakley

Cathy, so relieved you guys are all OK.  Crazy how close your DD and XDH came to being there.  Very sweet of TF to take care of you, hope you’re feeling better. When will you find out about NYC marathon?  Is it a regular lottery or is there any break for being fast?

Sue, sounds like a pretty intense but fun weekend.  I like to reuse as many of my leaves as possible to, I either run the lawn mower over them to mulch on the grass or rake them into my plant beds to break down as leaf mulch.

LC Runs, nice runs in the cold.  The auction sounded fun but yeah places definitely need to start coming with warnings when they expect cash, I think a lot of people stopped carrying cash during covid and I could see that not coming back.

Kilmisters, your Strava picture was very pretty!  Very fun getting to run in the snow.  Hope work isn’t too crazy for you.  Very nice catch on the file change problem!

Karen, good luck with all your stuff today.  Sounds like you’ve made really great progress on the house.  Wow, 100 miles….

Sandy, nice 6 miles, you see so many interesting people on your runs.  How many security people does the governor run with?  Congrats on the booster! You mentioned kinda ignoring the holidays but I hope you can get yourself a really good turkey sandwich Thursday.

Kats, so scary about your eye,  Very glad it wasn’t anything serious but understand the frustration of not knowing what it is.

Lori, hope your afternoons aren’t too bad this week.  The RV idea seems like something you’d want to test out for 1-2 weeks before committing to 2-3 yrs.

Liz, congrats on the negative Covid test and the return to daycare.  Teething sucks, good luck waiting for the teeth to come in.  Nice runs in those cold mornings, I know you love it but today was a shock to my system. I am floored by how many people have already put their Christmas decorations up, it’s going to be HUGE this year!

Damaris, the metal detectors sound like a major pain.  We have them in our building for visitors but employees get a pass.  Sounds like the rehab is coming along nicely for you

HCK, I can only imagine the chaos of a Costco parking lot the week of Thanksgiving.  Hope you were able to find somewhere calmer to shop.

10 easy miles yesterday and the return of speedwork today 6 x 400m.  I really missed the feeling of running really fast and thinking my lungs are going to stop working.  Hamstring felt good so if I continue to be smart about things I think I’ll be OK.  The 1st part of my 2022 goals is going to be a 5k time trial in early Feb so I’ve put together an 8 week training plan for that.  Technically starts next week but wanted to make sure I could do the 1st workout.   I’m keeping an eye out for a race but I’m also fine going by GPS watch since it’s just for my own satisfaction I don’t really care if it’s exactly precisely measured and official.

Thanksgiving break starts for DD tomorrow and thank goodness.  All the kindergartners seem really, really ready for a break, lots more meltdowns happening at pick up than usual.  I don’t know if this is normal or one of the side effects of being out of school for so long.  Just really glad the break is here.  We were already planning on staying here and keeping things relaxing/simple but now even more so.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Seloc

Cathy - I meant to say that I could see the gelato place in the video footage of the SUV!  Scary!

CC - AWESOME workout this morning!  Speedy speedy.  Glad the hammy is behaving.  The Gov had NO detail with him.  I was sorta surprised.  I don't think I'll be able to find a turkey sandwich on Thursday but I am supposed to be getting a free breakfast.  My neighbor asked if I wanted to do this neighborhood 5K turkey trot.  It's a fundraiser for one of the schools.  For $25 it includes a t-shirt, free breakfast and Bloody Mary.  So, why not!  I may ask to swap out the Bloody for a beer cuz I like beer better than vodka   It'll be cheaper, right?  If they don't go with that, I'll still drink my Boody Mary   The "race" isn't timed so I don't think I'll "race".  Plus, the last mile is all up hill LOL

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It was cold this morning. 27F. But no wind. Lots of sun. so honestly perfect running weather. That said,  afterward I did use my seat warmer because I tend to be a heavy sweater even in colder temps. I believe I was dressed appropriately but still broke a sweat which then proceeded to freeze me once I was finished. So I'm grateful for seat warmers.

And I'm extremely irritated with Monumental not replying to my messages. Their email said to contact them if nothing received by the 15th. I did twice now and still no reply. Honestly because of the travel restrictions I was prepared to DNS the race but sucked it up and ran the virtual since I paid regardless. But since I did in fact run I want my shirt. Otherwise I wouldn't have ran it. I know.... first world problems. 🙄

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

The footage of the parade that I saw freaked me out because it was of a parent filming their toddler (maybe 2 years old?) watching it. That car blew past so close to that baby. It's heartbreaking to hear of the deaths and injuries.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

Hi Elina - I am dreading the snow, we've only had a dusting here and there and that's all I want!

Karen - 100 miler, you go, Girl!!  I definitely miss my seat heaters!

Sandy - nice run and cool seeing the Gov'na !  I am with you - dry roads/no wind= my kind of winter!  Nashville is just a get together, we're renting a duple so 6 peeps on each side.  I have been there but it's been over 25 years so I don't really remember the area.  The lasagne was good and I just had a piece for lunch!  Speaking of kids and vaccines, my DD just came downstairs and said she scheduled her covid booster - 180 from her at age (insert any age up to 14)!

CC - great running for you lately!! My kids are all off of school starting tomorrow, too - I still can't believe it's the end of November!  The auction, usually I have my checkbook but I decided to downsize to my small purse and figured if I did buy something, I could use a card.  They did have some really cute craft stuff, a lot of xmas wooden signs, etc.  My friend bought her DH a Ryobi leaf blower and a sign for her classroom (first grade teacher) so at least one of us contributed to the cause LOL!

Lori - that is so frustrating about Monumental!  Like, how difficut is it to reply to an email?

Speaking of shopping, I have to get some recipe ingredients at the store this evening - I'm going to Aldi so cross fingers I make it out alive!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 this morning with some strides. The iron issue seems to be impriving, I actually had some speed to the strides and they didn't feel labored. I love my seat warmers. I can run the heat at a lower level with the seat warmer on. DH's fancy car has seat AC in addition to heat. Would be nice after a summer race, but I doubt he wants me sweating in that car.

CrazySue, hope the sinus headaches clears. Do you get them from changing weeather?

Kilmisters, nice early run! I've given up trying to figure out our winterr weather. The only thing I always expect is if we have freakishly warm weather (think high 60s or 70s) in the winter, we will pay greatly with a huge amount of snow soon after.

LCRuns, 4 layers? I guess I do sometimes have on 3.

AnonymousGuest, hope the rest of the unpacking goes well.

Seloc, was the governor alone? I'd expect him to have at least a state police or two with him. I've done a few races that the county executive from the county north of me was in. In a HM, I was running behind him for probably half the race, whole time thinking, damn dude, those are some really short shorts. A few miles in, I figured out who it was when he knew all the first repsonders on the bridge.

ccoakley, I think most school kids are ready for a break at this point.

BerthaSlayer, yes, seat warmers after running are nice! It's also nice to have heat on the muscles afterr a race.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon. Swamped today and we are heading for a last minute purchased Cirque-ish show an hour away so we have to leave in two hours. Managed to go to the dentist and did Barre and Pilates but I was never able to leave the house for a run. I'll run tomorrow.

Read everything but back to work!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page