Womens Running

Merry Monday DIVAS (Read 232 times)

monk717

Post!

monk717

Good morning ladies.

RR: I was lazy this weekend. My only run was Friday, which was also my only workout for the week. Saturday I did a bunch of walking but yesterday I just decided I didn't feel like it. This morning I'm on my way to body flow.

NRR: We had a nice Christmast-themed weekend! Saturday we donated a present, rode the downtown holiday trolley, listened to some carolers, saw the decorations in the Capitol and made our first Christmas cookies (Mint chocolate crinkle cookies, SO good!). So while I didn't workout Saturday, I was plenty active and my feet still hurt Sunday morning. We mostly stayed home yesterday, but the highlight was finally buying some clips so that we can actually hang our stockings on the fireplace! Its only our sixth Christmas in this house, lol. Yesterday was a bit of a struggle because A didn't take a nap. I tell her we get along better when she takes a nap, but that doesn't seem to bother her. It was really nice here yesterday, right before it got dark I took A to the playground. She was climbing all the ladders and going down the slide by herself... so grown up!

This is my birthday week! Saturday's the day, DH and I are taking Friday off to have a date day and then Saturday we'll do a family celebration and Sunday will be my Christmas concert. So another holiday-filled weekend too! I just have to get through another week, but at least its a short one. Have a great Monday divas.

SassySparky

Monk - I actually bought stocking hangers too!  We had two but I couldn't find a third that matched for G's, so I bought all new Smile  Sounds like you guys had a good weekend!  Those cookies look delicious!

Lucy - I got my candy cane joe joes.  Delicious.

RR: Had a GREAT running weekend.  I did 6 on Sat and 2 on Sun.  Also did tons of plie squats because G loves the feeling of being "dropped" when I bounce up and down.  I'm serious, though, I did like 75 a day with an 18 pound baby.  Today will be rest except some bedtime abs!

NRR: Had a nice weekend - got all of my Christmas decorations purchased and mostly put up.  We didn't get to do any Christmas prep last year since we had moved and none of our stuff was here, so it was fun.  G had a rough weekend, he's going thru a clingy "mommy" phase which is adorable, but most of his naps were in my arms.  We met up with my friend (Has a daughter the same age as G) at a kids museum so they could play together, and it was fun but he took a long time to warm up to people!  He's starting that stranger anxiety/separation anxiety phase so I'm hoping it passes quickly.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

gsdrunner

Morning...

Monk: Sounds like a very lovely holiday weekend.

Sassy:  Great job on the workout this weekend. I am taking M to the children's muse this week. I am hoping they have a play area like the one you take G too. 

RR: Nada, was supposed to run 6 on Sunday, but got some other things done. Today is 5.

NRR: M is erupting her teeth. What is odd is she slept for 11 hours last night! Yes, she slept through the night. I totally understand why other moms with sleeping babies are so rest and happy! LOL. I am hoping this is a trend for M. I feel so much better, happier no anxiety, etc. Anywhos, all of our xmas stuff is up. Now is just deciding on what our plans are. 

Have  a great day.

MA runner girl

Hi ladies! Boo to Monday...

RR: Ran 17 miles last week with 6 yesterday! It was a terrrrrible run though. Had some uh.. intestinal issues and was about a mile and a half from a bathroom when it came on. So I walked a lot. But then felt fine after I got to a bathroom. Sorry TMI. Tonight is a swim at the gym.

NRR: The weekend was seriously not long enough! It was an ok weekend. Friday night DH got home around 6 and I don't know what was up but we ended up fighting Sad I think we both just had rough weeks and were stressed. Then on Saturday on the way to the football game DH came down with a serious migraine so he dropped me and SIL off and then went home. The game was fun, but freeeeeeezing and obviously I had wanted to spend time with DH after not seeing him for a whole week! After the game DH met me at my bro and SIL's house and they had a fire in thier fireplace. It was nice to finally warm up after being outside all day! Yesterday I had a serious laziness problem for most of the day but ended up getting some stuff done after DH came home from working most of the day and gave me a kick in the pants. I made a quinoa casserole and baked asparagus which ended up being pretty good and DH actually didn't complain about the lack of meat! Not much going on tonight, hopefully I can fold and put away all the laundry I didn't get to yesterday.

I'm 24 weeks today! Yeesh where is the time going!? I also may post something on FB later... or wait a few weeks. We'll see... changes are a coming!!

Monk - Sounds like a fun weekend! Those cookies sound yummy, thanks for the recipe! Took us a few christmas's too to get our stockings hung properly. Now we just need to get some grown up stockings!

Sassy - Working out while holding a baby? Sounds like a fabulous idea to me!! Poor G with his rough weekend! I hope he gets out of this phase soon. Cute though that he just wants his mommy Smile

GSD - I'm sooo glad M slept through the night for you, despite her mouth full of growing teeth! That's awesome. Yay for feeling restful! Glad you got all the Christmas decorations up. I feel like I'm so behind compared to you ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies. Monday, I HATE you!

UGH. It was another awful night. I got a whopping 1 hour of sleep last night. vomiting all night. And the nausea is horrendous even when I don't vomit. Really struggling. My cell phone is NOT leaving my side today as I wait for Dr. Hottie to hopefully call with the surgery date scheduled. I'm DONE, ladies. Absolutely DONE feeling like garbage. Sad 

melrunner

Mornings girls. Happy December Monday!

Monk, happy birthday week!

GSD, 11 hours???Nice!!!!!!! 

Ma, I hope everything is ok. Sorry about the tough run. Ouch!

Sassy, where did you buy stockings? We need some!! 

TriR, swimming tonight after work.

NtrR, had a good weekend. Went to our local tri Xmas party wherethey had lots of raffles and I won to s of stuff! A bike helmet, a shirt, a visor, a hat, a digital camera, teeth cleaning (handy for thewedding!)and DF won entry to a 70.3 race. Yesterday cooked veg chili and split pea soup with my inlaws (they taught me), then went to mass. Today meeting to turn everything in for residency after work. Then I'll go swim. We have Xmas decorations we need to put up as well.

Im still in a bad funk post race failure. This is a new week. So I hope it's a better one. I still owe you all a mini RR.

Have a great day.

Xoxo

taylorma1

Morning ladies!

Monk-ooohh those cookies do sound amazing! That’s sounds like such a fun Christmas-y weekend you had

Sassy-that seems like such a fun playtime activity and workout activity when using G – such a great idea!

Gsd-glad that M slept through the night

MA-sorry about the fight with DH this weekend L. 24 weeks, wow! Where does the time go

RR: 7.4 yesterday and planning on 12 at some point today

NRR: well, running guy and I are officially girlfriend and boyfriend, so I can now call him DBF J We went out to a concert on Saturday night, then we went running yesterday and had dinner with his two brothers and his sister in law. Such a fun weekend! This week will be stressful, as I have lots of exams, proctoring, and grading to do. But then I am pretty much done for the semester!

taylorma1

RLTW-I thought you already had your surgery scheduled. What happened?

meli-nice job on getting all those raffle prizes!

RunLikeTheWind23

Taylor: surgery was not scheduled. All I had scheduled was a consult with my surgeon to discuss stuff....

SassySparky

GSD – yay for sleeping all night!  Hope you find a kids museum you like, they are a great place to meet other moms and babies and for kids to try new toys that they don’t have at home!

MA – yeah I was not going to complain about him cuddling all weekend, usually he is too busy for snuggles!  Do you have a link to the quinoa casserole recipe?  We are always looking for casseroles that we can take to work for lunches.  Hey sometimes pregnancy (and life, haha) call for lazy Sundays!

RLTW – I’m so sorry L

Meli – we bought our stockings from Pottery Barn a few years ago, and Pottery Barn Kids for Griffin this year.  I got them personalized with our names!  I saw really pretty stockings at Target, too.  I got the stocking hooks at Target.  Wow way to win big at the raffle!  HEY!  That race was NOT A FAILURE.  You have to remember the conditions that you were swimming in. I am in awe about the amount of training you have done, and you can’t control the weather or the ocean!

Taylor – YAY DBF!  The end of the semester is so stressful especially with the holidays, hope you can get it all done!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

carawsb

I will get to personals in a bit.  I hope that everyone is off to a good start this Monday morning! Smile  I am home from work today.  My gut was a wreck most of the night, and I had a hard time getting breakfast down this morning.  Undecided

RR:  Nothing today.  DH taught spin class yesterday, so I went to that.  Saturday we had a nice run of 6 miles in the morning with some of our group.  It was fun.  I am bummed, though; because I stayed home, we will probably not get in anything today.  Even if I feel better later on, I cannot justify being "active" if I was not well enough to go to work.  Shoot.  Sad

NRR:  Again, not sure what I ate yesterday that is causing the flare up.  It was about the same, if not a little lighter than what I ate on both Friday and Saturday evening.  I guess I need to quit trying to figure that out, because there really is no consistency.  I did try a bit of dairy on Friday evening, which royally came back to haunt me on Saturday morning.  So.  Still no luck there.  Black eye  My GI appointment is a week from tomorrow, so I hope that I do not miss any more days of work until then.  I am running out of sick time.  Disapprove  Anyways...  I have some laundry going, and will probably spend most of the day just trying to regroup mentally.  Argh.

I hope that everyone has an awesome Monday!  I should be back to catch personals in a bit! Smile

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: I pushed this morning's run off to tomorrow. DBF got in late last night so I didn't got to bed on time. Saturday I had a good but tough run on the technical trail here. I haven't run it in about 3 months but I made it! I need to run it a few more times before I feel back in shape at the level I want. I woke up cranky on Sunday morning, probably from the combined hard run plus upping the weights at ST Saturday night. Yoga tonight.

NRR: DBF is home!! He'll be here until we part ways for a few days at Christmas. I'm really excited to have him back. I was getting bored! Work is busy, and I have some other things to take care of around the house this week, too. I ordered a bunch of plates in different sizes, and I need to decide which sizes I want to keep. 

lizo_77

HI LADIES!

RR: did good over the weekend - 3 on saturday and 2 on sunday, but nothing so far today. Will try and get out for even one, to keep the streak going!  though it's not really a streak anymore since I missed 4 days while I was sick. haha.

NRR: awesome relaxing weekend, though I did work for a few hours on my computer. had to get some specs done. boo that, but oh well. it was still a great weekend. And this weekend coming up is going to be great too as Marc and I head to the cities for our second premarital counseling session. We'll see what this one is like! otherwise, this week is going to be quite busy as I try to keep up with the work that needs to be done before the end of the day on Friday.

monk: way to go to bodyflow today! you'll be back in the saddle in no time! Those cookies sound awesome!

sassy: that's cute about G getting you do do some intense working out! hope he gets through the shy/ anxious phase quick!

gsd: yay for christmas being up, and for M sleeping through the night! hope she continues the trend!

MA: boo about the tummy issues while you were running! totally understand. way to go on the mileage last week!

rltw: hugs girl. almost here I hope. hope Doc hottie schedules you sooner rather than later!

mel: holy cow! way to win so much stuff! that's awesome!

taylor: that's awesome! congratulations and sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun together! was that your first time meeting some of his fam?

cara: way to go on your workouts and your six miles! what is it like being a student in a fitness class your DH teaches?

need to get going! will try and be back later!

lizo_77

outwest: Missed you! yay for your DH being home! hope you guys are getting to spend some of christmas together!