Womens Running

Wet Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 24 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - Paula Radcliffe Marathon Prep NTC workout.  I know it has a dodgy kettlebell move in it, I'll have to modify it.

TR - apparently eats whatever he is served at daycare.  Unfortunately, I have never seen daycare lady serve a veggie to anyone in her family, so I assume she never serves B any either.  Which is a shame, because I think that is the gateway to getting him to eat them.  I've asked DH to talk to her about it, I don't think I could in a civil manner.

FR - sausage, zucchini, corn, pepper salad again.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Good morning,

RR - 4 miles around the neighbourhood... really humid out...

TR - was outside talking to my neighbour and her 5 yr old son put a bucket of water in front of C... she splashed her hands around in it for almost 45 minutes!  And the nanny took her swimming and said she had a great time.  So C has issues with bath time, not water... I told DH we should put the bucket in the tub for the next bath and see if C gets distracted long enough to let us bathe her..

NRR - DH said he wanted to bring C by my office today for a visit... I'm almost positive he'll get lost.  I tried to give him detailed directions but he insists he'll find the place on his own...

zorbs - hope your DH can convince daycare lady to give B veggies.. that is disappointing that a caregiver wouldn't attempt to feed healthier foods to growing toddlers...

running eh

RR - core  and "power" yoga (videos from YouTube)

NRR - must have slept funny a few nights ago.  I woke w. a sore neck, now my whole upper back is sore.  It made yoga and abs a little challenging.

NRR#2 - I want to go for a massage tonight, DH wants to go the LRS to get new running shoes (for both of us).  How to decide??  Thinking of trying a lighter shoe...

KR - Two more days of swimming lessons.  Pretty sure DS won't pass  he can't float at all.

Zorbs - maybe ask her just to write down what he eats in a day.  That will give you an idea of  what she is feeding him on a regular basis.  I may try that zucchini salad tonight - still have way too many.

Cx2 - DD1 hated warm baths when she was little.  We bathed her in cool water (think pool temp) - maybe try that??  It seems so nasty, but it was the only way we had no screaming.  Let us know how DH makes out today Smile

Erniegirl

RR - Heading out for a stroller run. I'd like to do 10k, so I'm hoping that, with snacks and a mid-run playground stop, she'll stay in the stroller long enough.

TR - Kept having diarrhea during nap time yesterday, which resulted in no nap. She seems totally fine otherwise, so I'm blaming her excessive peach intake. Nap strike meant I stayed up until 1 am working after she went to bed, but she was kind enough to sleep in until 8 am this morning, so that was great.

FR - Creamy mushroom, spinach and chicken linguine.

NRR - Lots of running around to do today - farm, grocery store, shopping for a birthday present for my sister. Also, I have a mosquito bite on the arch of my left foot and a bee sting on a toe on my right foot and they are both driving me mad with their itchiness.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

rr: srd today. 4m last night with rp.

kr/tr: last week of the library program so there's an ice cream social, crafts, games, etc there today.

br: started calling me mommy instead of mama yesterday.

nrr: a picnic here in town this weekend and starts tomorrow night. We have friends staying over as well. Parade on Sunday. And for the first time in a very long time I'm going to try to find a sitter for Saturday night so we can out to dinner with some friends.

fr: chili per dd1's request.

-------------

zorbs: peer pressure is always a way to get little ones to do/eat things. It totally worked for my nephew.

cx2: how has the running cut back been going? Good idea with the bucket in the bath.

eh: ooh tough call between massage and running shoes. Think I'd vote shoes.

ernie: the only thing I found for my 100+ bites that worked was this Benadryl itch relief stick. The girls are obsessed with it now and I used it on c's head bc he got bit and got a huge goose egg from it!

runnergirl9508

Quick pop in post for me, vacation is going well!

RR: just got back from a hilly 7.5, felt great! Ran 4.5 yesterday and a hike; ran 7.2 hilly miles on Monday. Lots of hills to run in the ADKs!

TR: he's been having a blast! We spent tr day at a park/lake yesterday and he had a blast playing in the sand and splashing in the water.

NRR: DH has to work Fri, so we will head home Thurs instead of Fri.

Hello to Everyone!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 6k tonight w/ RP.  This hardly running thing is impacting my sleep, I'm used to falling into bed physically exhausted, so I'm not sleeping well at all.

RR2 - bought a trigger point roller yesterday, omg, it's awesome.  I also bought a new top to go w/ my inknburn skirt that I think I'm wearing at seawheeze.  Breaking all sorts of rules here, new clothes at a race Smile  Oh and a black running tank from target for $6!!

TR - weeping this morning bc we won't let her watch tv... gonna be a fun day!  UGH and more weeping.... how long till I go back to work?? (joking... sorta....)

BR - was up before 6, zzzzzzzzz.  She's officially weaned during the day, still nursing before bed and in the am.

FR - pasta of some sort, maybe tuna cheese noodle, mmmm.  Going to costco this morning.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

My niece was born at 11pm last night. 7lbs,10oz, mama and baby are both healthy. My brother looks so happy in the pictures, it is really sweet. I'm trying to decide whether to send them flowers to the hospital today or their home tomorrow...I remember what a pain it was trying to get the flowers home from the hospital. So many decisions.

ER: I'm finally going to the gym today. Debating on whether trying to run on the TM or biking. I know I should probably bike but I want to run.

TR: Threw a tantrum when I dropped her off at daycare this morning. She ran purposely into the toy chest thing and then flailed on the ground. I kept my distance but all the other moms dropping their kids off were appalled. Black eye Oh well, she was just being dramatic. I can't cater to that in the morning (or ever).

FR: Not sure, maybe a pork tenderloin?

zorbs: um. she should be serving them veggies. Even steamed ones in the microwave are super easy to make.

cx2: maybe the more she plays outside with water, she'll get more used to her bath. Do you have lots of toys in the bath?

r-eh: I think I slept funny as well because I'm having weird back pains and I've done zero exercise.

ernie: too much fruit will do it. I've had to limit the watermelon intake at our house because the poop has been out of control.

RG: glad your vacay is going well!!! Enjoy the rest of your week!

CA: today is just a weepy kind of day, I think. I apologized in advance to daycare for whatever A might bring them today.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Nola - I'd run, but I don't always make the best decisions Smile Congrats on being an auntie! I'd probably send them to the house, women are released crazy fast here though so it is hard to catch them in the hospital.

RG - Good to 'see' you! Sounds like a great vacation, too bad dh has to come home early.

mzm - sounds like a fun weekend coming up, hope you find a sitter! I think we're weird in my house, M basically never called me mama - at least as soon as she could say mommy she did.

ernie - I hope S lets you run the whole 10! I keep expecting O to have diarrhea as she eats so much fruit!

r-eh - hope your neck feels better, I hate those kinks! I love my light shoes for racing and speed work but can't LR in them, I get injured, so just be careful if you get light shoes to transition slow and be careful.

cx2 - maybe you could set her up in the tub with a bucket of water but don't put water in the tub, and work your way up to baths.

zorbs - I didn't even know there were any workouts w/ kettlebells... I'll have to look at that one. Too bad your daycare lady doesn't feed healthier.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

cx2/CA - well as you know I hate daycare lady but I just can't give up the convenience of her living next door.  From my conversations with her (and seeing the way she looks - seriously obese) I can tell she knows nothing about proper nutrition - she once asked DH if bacon and white bread were healthy foods.

eh - if you are around, I am happy to take more zucchini off your hands!

ernie - omg if I got bites on the arch of my foot, I think I might want to die. I am surprised that it's taken this many days for the peaches to have their revenge on S's digestive system.

mrszm - with all the topical ointments, etc.  I find the one thing that works 100% for me is the scalding water.

rg - boo on having to cut your vacation short.

CA - I tried the cold Trigger Point roller last year at the fitness conference before it was released to the public and I was tempted to buy one, until I realized a frozen water bottle would do the job just as well.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I remember seeing your daycare lady when I was at your house.  It is hard around here to find normal decent people, what they fed kids was definitely on my list of questions, one lady said she feeds healthy food, not surgery things, just stuff like froot loops!!!?  Um those are sugar.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR; 3.38 miles (poomonster, sorry its not an even #, Patty). The hay is in the barn!

TR: mmmm not much to report here. Having really good days and really bad days with PT, not much in between. I had to clean pee on the couch this morning.

FR: Last night was taco soup. Tonight is whatever I damn well want and DH will have to deal. Went to the grocery store and got road trip snacks for me and canned soup for DH to subsist on while I'm gone.

NRR:  Not enough hours in the day. I feel like I'm choosing between sleep and letting my life descend into chaos, and sleep usually loses. Going to start packing for SW and finish cleaning my car tonight.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

Ernie- hope you stay dry today!  We had a major downpour a little while ago (right after I put my load of white laundry on the clothesline).  Hope you get all your errands done today!  What time does you DH head to work?  Do you all eat dinner together?  Your FRs are always so yummy sounding.

mzm - sounds like a fun weekend in your town!  I am always a little sad when kids start saying things correctly...

rg - glad you are having a great vacation so far!  I loved the pics of DS at the beach.  Nice that you are getting in all that running, and yay on getting into the RRCA course.

CA - where did you get the roller??  I think I am going to look for one at the LRS tonight.  Thanks for the warning on the shoes.  I am a little nervous about the idea of lighter shoes.  I have a "bad" knee and I am a little afraid to give up something that works well.  I tried a lighter pair of trail shoes (though the guy at the LRS didn't really recommend them for me) and I can't even go 10ft in them w/o my knee hurting.  I can' wait to see all our SW runners outfits!!  What skirt do you have?  Where is the new top from (or is it the target one..)

NOLA - Congrats on being an aunt again!!  Glad everything went well.  I vote for flowers at home.  Have fun at the gym.  Sorry about the tantrum - those drive me crazy.

zorbs - I will put a few zucchini in my bag this weekend (I am working Fri and Sat) and if we end up in your neighbourhood I will drop them off!

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I love how people thing things are healthy when they say "fruit" in the name- like fruit snacks. I'm going to have to put R on a sugar detox when he gets home on Sunday from his godmother's.  I've been holding off on buying anything until after this weekend. I hope I find some stuff I like at the outlet and the showcase. I think I'm going to bring my foam roller and stick to SW since I can load up my car Smile

zorbs- At least you are being a role model for him. My boss doesn't eat vegetables and its because he was rarely served them at home and never developed a taste for them. Miss Jody has a rule that they have to try a bite of everything on their plates. She feeds them quite a bit of canned/fresh stuff but everything is home canned with the exception of green beans.

cx2- Maybe you can give her a bath in a kiddie pool outside and make it fun while its summer?

Eh- My Nike Lunarflys are crazy light.

Ernie- yowch on the bug bites. Yeah, peaches might be the culprit.

mzm- when I get called mommy its usually in whine mode.

runnergirl- have fun on the rest of your trip!

NOLA- R wouldn't give me a hug when I dropped him off, crazy drama kids. Was this the first baby for your brother? The one in Denver, right?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Just quick - foam roller and top were from sport chek. I'm bringing the roller too cause it's got a hollow core so I can pack it with clothes. Skirt is the flutter skirt from inknburn. Hopefully the skirt and top match since spike has tag skirt now Smile and hopefully she brings it! Hint hint Smile