judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hope your whole week is merry.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I’ve done 45 minute cardio DVDs all week, took Sunday off, and am ready to go back to work. After work I’ll go to the gym for a run. The PF is better but it may get dicey. I am doing the best I can to treat it but I need to start running.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Travel today. Just driving so not too bad. At least not the need to fly.

Marjorie

Merry it shall be!

Thanks Judy!!

Karen-oh oh... DH is running.  This could get interesting for you.

Damaris-no flu allowed and how can Paris be "meh?"  Just doesn't sound possible.

Tessa-you are so good to use the grapefruit.  I'm afraid they would have been trashed at my house.

Marjorie-that out and out sucks about dad with the grandkids.  What is he thinking????? It's one thing to be consistently not present but another to just disappear.  Last year didn't you buy things basically for him to give to them?  Why didn't he employ you as personal shopper again?

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6-8 miles tonight.  Groin soreness is there but I no longer cry in pain when I cough.  Progress!  Too bad my massage therapist is out of Florida or I would get a massage.

Judy, hope the PF continues to get better.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest and travel safe.

Karen, hubby is running?  Yay?

Lisa, what I had was not flu but it was bad.  And the problem with hubby is that we already went to Paris and he is not running there.  He is just cranky.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, hmm, any way to get him more excited about running? Sorry he cannot do his exercise of choice, though -- I would probably feel equally meh about having to cycle if I wanted to run.

Lisa, quite a few of the split grapefruit will be going to wherever the city of Los Angeles takes the contents of the green bins, but I wanted to try a couple of recipes. The candied peel will likely be better when dipped in dark chocolate. *grin* Haven't tried combining the grapefruit syrup with alcohol yet, but I suspect it may make a good margarita.

Marjorie, hope the travel is uneventful. I think a lot of people are off this week.

Agree with Lisa. That really sucks that your dad is not paying attention to his grandchildren. And they won't understand what is going on or why.

Damaris, sorry the groin pain is persisting. And it is miserable to have something that hurts when you cough and then to get a cold!

Mattress magnet won this morning, headed for the gym at lunch.

So I have 1199.78 miles for the year.  Was planning on a run at gym in morning before driving up north for time with friends.  Won't likely run up there but will bring snowshoes and run gear just in case either are doable.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Far better to pack running gear and snowshoes and not be able to use them than not to pack them and wish you had! Especially since you are driving.

Considering your injury issues this year I think 1200 miles is impressive!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, looking at Des Plaines, you mentioned you were planning to drive home after the race. If someone were to be considering the 50 mile distance, and that someone was likely to take the entire 11.5 hours which would mean finishing at 6:30 PM, how would that affect your drive home? Or would you then consider staying the night and driving home the next day?

Hi all!

I tried to see if I could easily calculate my mileage for the year (well sans the treadmill runs) but while I can download the information to an excel spreadsheet the data doesn't appear to be in a form that allows me to add the column. Tried changing the format... to no avail.  Nothing much new here.... did 4.2 miles this am on the stairmaster... so I'm at 124 miles for the month... maybe I'll get to 130, maybe not.  Guess we'll have to see.

Judy, sorry about the continued PF issues.  Hope it heals quickly.

Marjorie, drive safely!

Damaris, glad the soreness is abating... hope the cough does so soon too!

Tessa, dripped the candied grapefruit rind (and other citrus rinds) in chocolate today.  Need to pack  all the baked goods up when DD gets back from visiting her friend.  I'm not going to be very good tomorrow with tearing up... already struggling not to.

Lisa, awesome job with running this year - especially coming back from surgery.

OK... so here are my two races that I'm thinking of doing:

Trail Half Marathon (Pinckney, MI) April 26

Yankee Springs Trail HM (Middleville, MI) May 30

Michigan Wine Trail HM (Baroda, MI) Aug 16.

Anyone want to join me for any of these?

Anonymous Guest

Happy. Followed up yesterday's 15 with 6 more today. And no foot pain during or after. I can feel it a little now so I know I need to keep with the stretching and rolling and stuff, but I'm so so happy that I'm able to run pain free - something I haven't been able to do since August.

Judy, take care of that foot. I feel your pain - PF is nothing to mess around with.

Marjorie, that sucks about your dad. I feel bad for your brother's kids.

Lisa, weirdly enough, my favorite running gloves are the C9 ones I got at Target. I also have a pair of running mittens for really cold, but can't remember where I got them.

Damaris, hooray for progress. We need to get you completely healthy, you seem to keep getting hit by one thing after another!

Tessa, dang that's a lot of grapefruit! Hope you got your run in at lunch.

Susan, what do you use to log your miles? Weird there's not an easy way to get annual mileage. I log here and also on an excel spreadsheet in case the internet falls apart. I really like the RA log. Nice to have a long Christmas weekend with both kids.

I did not and will not hit my annual mileage goal. I was going for 2014 miles, but with the PF and reduced mileage the last third of the year, I'm sitting at 1853, with probably one more run on Wednesday.

DH ran the whole 2.5 mile loop he's been run/walking today. He may keep it up - I noticed on his twitter profile he described himself as "cyclist, sailor and newb runner". This also makes me happy. So I guess I started and ended this post happy!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Tessa-I'd still drive home that night.  I'm sure that there would be a Planet Fitness nearby that I could shower at.  Then hang out at race finish for you.  Depending on how I feel could run you in.  Go for it!  Detroit is a 4.5 hour drive from Chicago.  With that PF membership I can have a guest use it too so you could also shower.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Late check in tonight - was able to get out of work in time to make it to Stability ball class!!!  I can tell I have not been there alot recently, if felt great....she does such a good job with stretching, felt wonderful!

Susan - I think I would love to run Pinckney again.  I have to do some serious thinking and checking my calendar.  Hoping all goes well with sending your DD off tomorrow....hugs.

Hi to all, sorry no personals tonight running out of time and have some things that MUST get done!

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, yay for DH describing himself as a runner!

Carol, glad you enjoyed the ball class.

Lisa, that would entail getting to Detroit at maybe midnight -- you sure? I will need to check flights also, I don't think Southwest is taking reservations that far in advance yet. (And I am in Indianapolis ten days before for CPCU...)

I will probably sign up for the 50m and figure I can always drop to the full if necessary.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dad has used me as a personal shopper since mom died. Last year he didn't and they sent the kids gift certificates to McDonalds (now mind you none of my twins' kids like McDonalds).  This year all he asked me was what to get his wife.  He got her everything I suggested.  I wasn't about to get it for him.  I'm not thrilled to have to pick out stuff for her, but he needed help so I helped him.  I'm pretty good at picking out stuff.  Still.....I would have gotten the stuff to give the kids.  If he had only asked.

I talked to him today.  He fell out of bed yesterday.  He is fine.  Just hurt his nose and scrapped his leg a bit.  Lucky didn't break anything.  His wife thought it was funny (she texted me that he had fallen---because texting this is appropriate---sigh).  I was um, no.  He could seriously have gotten hurt and with his medical problems he could have broken something major.  He has low testosterone and is osteopenic plus diabetic.  He had a major ankle break a few years ago that required surgery.  I did put her straight on that for sure.  I'm sure that she wasn't happy about me not agreeing with her but it is not funny and I've seen way too many seriously bad injuries when someone falls out of bed or just falls!

Anyways, they didn't send anything to any of the grand kids, hers or his.  BUT they are paying for her grand daughter to go to a private Catholic high school.  Well, dad is paying for it.  Lisa can testify that Catholic high school is expensive (she is going to Foley, Lisa).  She is not Catholic and there isn't a real reason for her to go there other than my dad thinks it is a great school.  She switched to Foley this year---she is now a junior.  Now, my dad never offered to send his grand kids there there.  Not that my brother would have taken it, but seriously, he is paying for this and not for his own?  My twin and I went there.  It is  a great school.  She will get a good education there, but wow.  I'm serious that this is really expensive.

We suspected he was paying for her to go there and he admitted it today.  DH and I are saddened by it all.

Sorry to whine.  I have to.  It is just so sad at this point.

Yearly mileage wise I should be close to 2200.  Just depends on if I can run tomorrow or not.  I have somewhere here to run but may not want to run it if it is 30 and raining.....

Marjorie