Womens Running

Tottering Around Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Isn’t it remarkable how loudly ice cream can call from a freezer?   

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday my knee was sensitive, but I was able to do my cardio DVD for 45 minutes without it bothering me. It does stiffen up a little when it is not used. This morning when I awoke I felt like I had been hit by a bus. Forty-eight hours after a tumble I always feel that way. It’s better now that I am awake and getting ready for work.

Today will be the cardio DVD again until I am sure of the knee. Exercise is essential right now to stave off the depression.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - ice cream doesn't call me as loudly as a cookie calls me Smile.   Sorry about the fall and soreness, hope it starts to feel better today.  Isnt it amazing what exercise can do for your mental health.....as Dory said in Finding Nemo...."Just keep swimming".

went early yesterday for 8 miles, nice to get it over early.  Have some things after work tonight, so will not get run or anything in Sad

carol

ginnyb

Awww Judy sorry about your tumble!  Glad it wasn't worse.  Yep keep on running.  Hug for you.

Ran 3.3 miles this morning and felt pretty good

The moon was very bright still.

Chips call me more than ice cream, although I won't turn it down!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 and PiYo tonight.

Judy, hope the knee feels better.

Carol, nice 8.

Ginny, nice run!

Gatsby, one day only?  Sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!

4.5 miles with Jeffrey.  He was fast and I was stiff from Sunday's run.  'Nuff said.  But I did run so yay me.

Tessa--I bought the wrong size for DS2--he is a skinny guy.  Yeah, I still "mom" him a bit.

Judy--keep running!  Hugs to you Smile

Ugh!  Stupid fly keeps buzzing around my desk and I can't seem to swat him!!

Have a great day everyone!

Had a great run with buddy planned for yesterday but then saw dd's dog and canceled it.  He was neutered last Wednesday and yesterday morning he clearly was infected. stayed home with him waiting for her to arrive.  she had spent night watching her dad's dog ... an hour away.  he is now on antibiotics and anti-anxiety meds and wearing the earned cone of shame.

Oh and our water heater died on Sunday afternoon so new water heater on Monday had to be installed.  Was fun since we couldn't turn off the water to it so had to turn it off for the entire house.  Luckily we have a pool so I kept filling jugs of water to be able to flush toilet.  Glad that the rain started after lunch when water heater was installed.  Crazy day.

then the rain began.  Yesterday we had 2nd most rainfall in history for a day.  Took me 2 hours to get home from work.  DD's work is flooded.  Pics in office of 4 inches of water around cubicles and meeting table.  Every freeway had sections closed, even still this morning.  they sent out divers to check a few areas where cars had been abandoned on the freeway and were now completely submerged.  a couple of freeways still had 11 FEET of water covering portions this morning.  Expecting to have structural damage in those areas as Tessa and Karen can well imagine.

Did weight workout this morning at gym.

Lisa

camille2

Good morning!  I did an easy 45" this a.m and since it's raining and biking in it doesn't sound appealing, I'll go to the gym for PiYo again at lunch time.

Judy, I'm with Carol. Unless it's hot, ice cream is easy for me to skip. However, good chocolate chip cookies and snickers or butterfingers scream my name around 2-3 each afternoon.  One of those treats with a diet coke...bliss.

Lisa,that's  impressive  rain.  Stay safe.

Nice miles, everyone!

For those ultra runners among us, there were a couple newsworthy items from the past few days you might find interesting.

An experienced racer died in the Wilderness Classic, a multiday adventure race . It's another crazy race here and racers can bike, run, pack raft...any man powered method of getting thru the wilderness across a mountain range from point a to b. The start/end vary and the racers have to be self supporting, so these guys are unbelievably tough. Very sad.

On a happier note, a new 48 hour record was set in "6 days in the Dome" here-242 miles by Traci Falbo.  It's hard to imagine running that, esp on a track. There were 24 hour and 6 day events, too.

Docket_Rocket

LC Runs, yay you indeed!

Lisa, I saw your post about the dog in FB.  Glad to hear he is OK.

Camille, how are you liking live PiYo?  I wonder if it's the same as the DVDs or even better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yikes Lisa!  Poor puppy!  I hope he is feeling better soon.

Flooding????  Another Yikes!

Isn’t it remarkable how loudly ice cream can call from a freezer?   

Post.

I gave in... the ice cream won.  But today's another day!

Hello to everyone!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Demaris, I really like the PiYo class, much more than most yoga classes I've done. She talks about the video but I haven't seen it.  This instructor is great. I just mentioned that I  need core work today before class and man, she took me seriously.  Worked it!  She talks about the video but I haven't seen it.

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, poor dog, hope the antibiotics work soon. They didn't put the cone of shame on post op as a precaution? Gwennie will need to be spayed in a few weeks and I suspect she's going to be in a cone for a few days.

I had no idea there was so much rain in Detroit! Dammit. The poor city just can't catch a break, can it? And I'm sure there will be some muttering about "that'll teach the city to turn the water off for all those people!" Sorry about your water heater.

Susan, you are a good mom to bring him clothes.

Judy, ice cream calls loudly and long, begging to be removed from that cold freezer and put in someone's nice warm tummy.

Hi Judy, Carol, Ginny, Damaris, Camille, GatsbyBird!

4 this morning with RN, who took a fall Sunday and was in too much pain to get up to run on Monday. She is excused. I was hoping to see meteors, but there was a full moon and cloud cover and so no meteors visible.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2  miles for me. Drove out for work as I'm training people other side of state tomorrow. Been a long day.

Carol yum cookies

glad you had a good run Ginny

Lisa I can relate yo the flooding. Remember I grew up there so I recognize all those roads that are flooded

hi everyone else. I'm too tired to write more.

Marjorie

This isn't that big of a deal flood wise compared to other scenes but was taking by the CEO of DD's company this morning from their 2nd floor window.  Marjorie  this is Ferndale. 9 mile and Hilton near Woodward.  This is an area that NEVER floods. But 6 inches of water in something like 5-7 hours more than overwhelmed the system.

This was the pic from last night in one of their conference rooms.  Keep in mind that it didn't start raining until around noon or 1 and this was probably taken at 7or 8pm.

Serious stretches of very major freeways still closed all of today.

Don't know how people can live where it floods on a regular basis.  Sad.  We are fine.  Got some water in basement but not bad.  Had a coworker who had 6 inches in her basement and they had just moved in so everything was in boxes.

Tomorrow I run and then going to the Tiger's game with HR team.  Then spending night with HR Director from NY who is in town so that she and I can run in the morning along riverfront.  Fun!

Lisa