Womens Running

Running off the Food Fridailies (Read 18 times)

LC Runs

Good Morning  and happy Day After Thanksgiving!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.3 for me!

COLD. I loved it! I had bought a package of hand warmers before the Richmond Marathon so I used a few for the run today Smile I felt awesome. I knew I would after all those carbs yesterday. I was actually really hungry when I started - I guess from eating "dinner" at 2pm yesterday. But I still felt strong the entire way..again, carbs. Smile Wanted to go longer but tried to remember that I ran a marathon recently and talked myself into building it up SLLOOWWW.

Hamstrings are good to go now but that PF is really hanging on. Didn't bother me during the run at all..post run it is starting to creep its way back in. Lots of icing and stretching today but its annoying.

Thanksgiving was good! It was really weird not being with my family..but his family made me feel right at home. I actually didn't even hear from my parents yesterday LOL..I think they are all baby obsessed right now. So after we got home last night HCBF and I brought up the JARED website and asked me which ring was my favorite. We were talking about where we would have a wedding! THIS IS WEIRD...... Wink Wink Wink

OH I told MAMMEL I had to WFH today. WOOHOOO! I really didn't give him a choice! Smile I will be online shopping most of the day. Hoping to wrap up Christmas shopping.

Diane - So nice you got to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family! Hope you are having a great time!

Carol - I always remember that you do a turkey trot every year! Loved your photos! You have had some issues with PF, right?

Judy - AH..my best friend who has had kids said that she had her kids 2 days after she lost that gross thing. LOL. I am jealous you were running with the snow falling! I would love that.

Docket - Awesome run OUTSIDE again!

Kathryn - Caramel layered squares?! WHAT?! Those sound yummy! I am an ONLINE Black Friday shopper! Haha.

Sandy - Nice job on the race!! ESPECIALLY if you were having tummy problems. Seriously. Not sure I would have run! Yuck..you must have caught something. I hope you were still able to eat some turkey! LOL at your sister inviting you into the room. I would have declined also! My brother will have a hard time with it. He is more  squeamish than me! I think his plan is to stay at the head of the bed. LOL. I am not sure he will even cut the cord. Hope you are feeling better today! Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Karen - CONGRATS on the race SPEEDY! Good lord you are fast. Pancakes and sausage at the finish?! AWESOME! I never have trouble making room for dessert hahaha. BUT I am not a big pie person. LOL at the speedy poop pickup! Weird that they came on Thanksgiving!

Margaret - Good luck on your jog today! Hope you had fun at your neighbors! That sounds fun.

Kilmisters - Yes, talking on the phone probably is a good distraction haha. Nice job on the run yesterday and I would have skipped practice too! Sorry about the report..AHHH that would be frustrating.

Huronheart - Awe, glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I like Brooks shoes as well..but lately they haven’t been working for me. I love them as gym shoes. Maybe I need to try some other models again. Black Friday shopping for a car?! What?! What kind of car are you looking for? Perfect time to buy one.

Happy Friday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Laura!! Are you shopping today?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Kathy I started out with Brooks but after developing PF I switched to Hokas and Altras. Funny I've been mostly resting and it is not getting better but doing that 50k and my feet felt much better after. I cant wait to start training again...im tired of doing nothing.

Hope everyone has a post turkey day that's nice and fun.

Sue if you are doing Stennis...good luck.

LC Runs

Hey Girls, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?  I am definitely feeling like a stuffed Butterball though LOL!

We had a good day here.  I met up with my friends and we ran 5 miles around town with out turkey headbands on, it was fun.

The kids went to spend a few hours with their grandparents so they ate there.  BF's family was here and we had our dinner here around 3:30 so they got back in time for dessert.  His sister had a baby about 3 months ago so it was fun holding and watching him, I've been lucky enough to see him about once a month since he was born. He was only 5 1/2 pounds  at birth but now weighs around 12 pounds, super cute!  His brother/sil and niece came up with their two Dachshunds, my dog was like, "what the heck?" and they spent  most of the afternoon trying to avoid each other ha ha. Everyone left about 7 pm so after putting stuff away and cleaning up I was pooped.  Of course, eating too much didn't help!

I am going to head out for some miles (4-5) in a little bit.  It's supposed to be 50 degrees today and sunny. My DD is actually back at college because they have a football game at noon.  I am thinking  I"m going to head down and watch it, at least until the half time show (she's in the marching band).  She didn't think there would be many people there due to the holiday so we'll see.  There are a lot of tickets available.

Lizzie - okay I cracked up about the plug comment!  I hope SIL has that baby soon!  Are you working today?  Hope you have some good miles!

Diane - how was the turkey trot?  I have a calico cat and she is really weird!

Carol - hope you had a great  Thanksgiving dinner!  I see St Pat's is open for registration!

Judy - sounds like a beautiful run. I agree, running in the snow, when it's not slippery, is great fun!

Damaris - Bugsie is fitting in just fine, it sounds like!

Kat - No Black Friday shopping for me, at least in person.  I am like you and prefer the internet deals.  My goal is to have a list completed this weekend.  At least my kids are at the age where giving them money/gift cards is acceptable. I am going to try and make it as simplified as possible this year.

Sandy Awesome job on the 10K, I really like racing that distance!  We had the Vikings/Lions game on, too.  I didn't sit down until the 4th quarter but saw enough of it to know Lions weren't going to win.

Karen - wow nice race conditions and you rocked it!  I am surprised they mowed your lawn yesterday,too.

Margaret - sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving!  Nice walk, you are getting there and it won't be long before you are back to pre surgery condition!

Elina - Nice 10k!  and UGH on the sales report, that picture says it all!!

Hi HH/Kathy - hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving at your niece's!

Okay, I best get moving if I'm going to go to this game.  I really want to just sit on the couch all day lol, glad this is a four day weekend.  I will have to update you all on my continued work drama.  I just don't have the energy to regurgitate it right now and I'd rather end this on a good note ha ha!

LC Runs

Lizzie - X posted!  Good idea working **shopping** from home!!

Diane - happy day after thanksgiving!!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, about gradually doing anything running, it seems we can do a lot if we fool our bodies into it by sneaking the increases into the mix slowwwwwly.

Oh, sometimes birth a week after…mine was.

Seloc, farther out the trail I see gaggles of wild turkeys! DC makes the pies for the dinner he attends and gave me a pumpkin this year. Yum!

Thursday I went to the park and did a good solid 35 minute run. I’m trying to baby the knee a little. It’s working. I wear capris so I can shove up the right leg pant to accommodate the knee strap. The cold hasn’t bothered the leg area exposed at all. Sometimes I add some lotion. That helps insulate like Vaseline on the face.

Today I’m planning a run down in the park.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy day after...

Glad to hear most (or none) of you ladies are out there in the foolishness of in person Black Friday shopping.  Shudder.

Laura, I hope you enjoy the game.  Glad you had a nice day yesterday with the family.

Lizzie, hmmmmm, Jared, eh!  Woot Woot.  Getting close...  Oh yeah, good job on the 10!  Smile

Diane, how is kitty???

Got up at a decent time today and am now waiting for it to warm up a touch.  I know 45 is great for everyone else, but darn it all, I find it cold.  I guess it is time to pull out my tights.  I don't really feel like gloves quite yet.

Yesterday was nice.  Went to my running friends house.  She and her hubby both run and another couple they invited are runners.  Poor neighbor that came was the only non-runner.  Funny though, she is a retired veterinarian.  Food was good, there was turkey, but that was it for Thanksgiving food.  I left around 5pm so I got home before dark, it was an hour drive.

Enjoy your day all, especially those of you who are off.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Bikerchick1

Lizzie  - Hoow fun to be looking and talking about rings and wedding plans!!!  I’m so thrilled for you...I remember when you first started talking about HCBF!

laura - I saw that St. Pats registration is started!!!  Ugh, on the work drama...

Judy - I must have missed something about your knee???

HH - Good luck on vehicle shopping!  Did I miss when you are done with work?

Kat - Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving!  It amazes me how you have settled in to SA!  You seem happy there!

Got my personal turkey trot in yesterday...shhh...don’t tell coach Karen, it was actually a XT day...but, it is tradition    DH did go out for a walk in the Forest with me or a couple miles after the family left.  Doing LR today later with RB’s.

Carol

Kilmisters

Thank you for Thanksgiving/Black Friday; it means early NHL games <3 Pittsburgh - Boston @ 8pm; Philadelphia - NY @ 10pm.... .... .... Piles of snacks, liters of Coke and beer, PC connected to projector = NHL on whole wall... Aaaaaaawwwww yeah <3

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 4 miles, Pilates and weights today.  Plus we are seeing Sebastian Meniscalco live tonight (comedian).  I can't wait.  Took off work today (we work), and I'm so glad for that. Been awake since 5am and couldn't get back to bed, boo.

At 5am I woke up like a crazy woman thinking Bugsy had not even come to bed, there were no cat fights and everybody was too quiet, so of course I wondered the worst.  Couldn't find Bugsy and thought he had gone in the hole under the sink where Lily went to die.  Then found him inside our bedroom closet like nothing.  He finally ate an hour ago.  All he needs is sleep, I guess.  He has been hurting for a while.

Laura, Happy Day After!  Hope your run went well.

Lizzie, I have been having some PF pangs (and one behind my good knee from the hamstring) for a couple of weeks, so I feel you. Hoping the PF thing goes away for sure.

Diane, when does training start?

Judy, enjoy the park!

Kathryn, glad you had a great time.

Carol, lol, I start most of my posts with oops, sorry Karen.  Too often. Smile

Elina, enjoy!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Definitely trying to run off some of that food. And wine.

Laura, hope the half time show goes well! Not at all concerned about the game itself?

Liz, WFH = online shopping? Do send a few emails as well to demonstrate that you were working.

And the mucus plug does sound gross but it's no worse than what happens when you blow your stuffy nose. (Sorry if TMI.) What is JARED? A jewellery site?

Caramel layered squares -- not to difficult if t hey are the kind I'm thinking of -- layer of shortbread, layer of chocolate, layer of caramel, with a bit of salt sprinkled on top to make them salted caramel and cut some of the sweetness.

Diane, when are you going to start training again? Has the PF receded?

Damaris, glad Bugsy is fitting in and doing better. It seems they all want to crawl off somewhere hidden when they know the end is near. Good luck getting the meds down him. All of ours are on oral antifungals so we have to pill them every day, so far Fernanda needs a suspension because she fights a pill with every claw available and we may be doing a suspension for Hrhiow as well after the little booger pretended to swallow her pill, ate her treat, and THEN spat the pill out on the floor. Back in it went and down her protesting throat.

Judy, I don't think I have ever seen a wild turkey, though I know they have a bunch of them in the Bay Area.

Kat, nice that you did have people to go to and had a convivial afternoon.45 is definitely gloves weather for me (Raynauds) but not tights. Hope you enjoy it.

Carol, some things have to be done, and turkey trots that are tradition are one of them.

Elina, sounds like you are in hog heaven this evening with snacks, drinks, and televised sports. Lie on the couch and snuggle mini-K and enjoy!

3.5 yesterday morning followed by marathon cooking, DSBF had to work at 5 PM so we ate at 3. Lots of good food, good company, it was a nice Thanksgiving except for the weather. We are having a heat wave here and temperatures were in the 90s, not the best environment when the oven's on all day. I can't remember the last time we had Thanksgiving inside because it was too hot and we wanted to stay in the AC. It's supposed to get a bit cooler each day until Monday. Where is winter? The only saving grace is that it's not windy.

Went out this morning for 10 before it got too hot. Good run, not too trafficky, except for one instance where I was plodding up a long hill, saw a plastic bag caught in the bushes on the opposite side of the bike path, stepped towards it, and provoked a yell from a biker who was speeding down the hill. OK, it was partly my fault for not looking, but he was going very fast. No collision which was good.

Docket_Rocket

Trixie would pretend to take her pills and then regurgitate them out when I was not looking.  I used to find the meds days after I had given it to her.  Lucky she didn't die!

He is still asleep in the closet but he ate what I took him upstairs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Resat day. Did some laundry and am now on hold with Costco about having someone come out to look at the 1 month old dishwasher. And really ticked off at GE. I set the appointment. Now they tell me if I do not answer the phone when they call that day, it will result in the appointment being rescheduled. I'm sorry, but that is the most unrealistic bullshit I've heard. While I have my cell phone with me most of the time, there are times I miss calls.

Docket_Rocket

I am feeling more like taking Karen on the offer of taking an extra day off running.  Just tired.

Damaris

Fundraising Page