Womens Running

More Coffee Monday Supermoms (Read 24 times)

runnergirl9508

Wow, we had a weekend in there?!

RR: planning on 6-7 miles after training clients this morning. Need to decide if I'm running the half next Sunday and plan my running week. I talked to DH about it yesterday, but he didn't really give me an answer one way or the other.

TR: experienced a lovely meltdown yesterday when we got home from the park, as he was over-tired and needing a nap. He calmed down quickly though, and sat in his high chair just staring at me for 10 minutes before he ate his lunch. ha. took a 3hr nap and was back to normal after that. his new favorite snack are raisins, too.

NRR: quick weekend- I worked Saturday, then played with R the rest of the day, and all day Sunday while DH did some work in the house. He had to tear the entire ceiling down in the living room so he could run wiring to put up a ceiling fan and wall lights. I'm so glad he can do this stuff on his own!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8.6K, 2x2K tempo.

TR - grrr, DH just woke him up when he came downstairs to pee.  He peed in the potty for the first time in a week and a half yesterday morning, but wasn't interested in candy as a bribe.  DH and B were up at SIL's cottage on Saturday (I didn't have to go b/c DH told SIL I would die from the mosquitoes) and DH brought the news that my niece (younger than B) is already potty trained.  SIL doesn't "mean" to be braggy but she IS and this kind of news makes me feel so bad.

FR - asian tuna salad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - my DH has torn holes in the walls to rewire various stuff and our main floor is plaster which he doesn't know how to fix so we have holes in the walls.  grrr on DH not giving you an answer re a half.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 4.5 mi recovery run and a SeaWheeze yoga video.

KR - supposed to go on a playdate w. friends at a local Conservation Area today.  They are calling for thundershowers so I may have to cancel it.  I don't want to pay the entry fee only to leave half an hour later.

FR - need to meal plan

RG - My DH is a DIYer too.  I find it's handy and saves $$$ but sometimes it just takes so long to get things done b/c we are busy with so many other things.

Zorbs - I was just thinking about the PTIng thing yesterday.  Remember, it's not a competition - they will all get it in time and it's not worth it to get angry about it (DD2 is giving us a run for our money compared to our other two)  Hope you had a great tempo!

CTimesTwo

Morning ladies,

RR - 4.5 miles in total darkness.. woke up a bit late so I had to push the pace for the first time in ages and it felt good..

RR2 - my half is in 6 weeks and since my doc told me to cut down on running, i've only averaged 16 miles a week...think I need to bump that up or I'll crash and burn at the race..

TR - went to a Vietnamese restaurant w/ my pastors and their extended family.  C was totally hyped up and wouldn't sit still and ate not a single bite of food.  We let her roam around the place (DH followed her) so she'd stop crying and shrieking when we tried to get her to sit.  When we got home, I heated up some leftovers and she shoved handfuls of pasta into her mouth, like she was starving.  I felt like a big fail, because a). it didn't occur to me that she wouldn't eat at the restaurant so I hadn't brought back up food or fed her before we left and b). there were 2 other toddlers in our group the same age as C who sat and ate and behaved very well.   Meanwhile, we're letting C walk around the place while everyone else is eating.  Sigh.

rg - it's great to have someone who is really handy!   DH learned a lot on his own from doing work in his rentals although yea, sometimes it takes him a long time get a task done.

zorbs - sorry it's been so rough with the PT... i agree with Eh, that he'll eventually get it.. it's not like you're NOT trying to PT him, he's just not getting it... (see my TR, I think you and I had similar "comparison" incidents this weekend)

eh -  I meal plan but only 50% of the time do I actually make what I plan to... I usually only plan for 4 meals a week (we don't always know what we're doing on weekends so we don't try to plan) and I ask DH to think of something for one of those meals.  His ideas are usually tacos.  And that's it.

armmama

RR - 4 miles this morning.  1/3 done with marathon training and the miles are starting to pick up now, I hope injuries don't start creeping up.  Trying to figure out how to get 7 miles in tomorrow morning before DH leaves for work.  might have to do some outside and some on the TM, I guess.  I'm playing tennis tomorrow night so I don't want to wait until DH gets home from work to do it.

BR - has a cold, first time he's been sick in a while.  Thinking it's from the gym childcare he went to last week.  We were outside yesterday and he climbed up in his jogging stroller and pointed at the road so we went for a 4 mile walk.

KR - DD1&3 are at my parent's until Thursday.  My brother was heading up there for the weekend and stopped by on Friday to use our computer and he ended up taking them up there with him.  It's weird not having them here for so long, but I know they are having fun.  They've gone to a movie and to a waterski show so far and I'm sure they'll hang out on my parent's lake quite a bit.  My mom will bring them back here Thursday.

FR - meeting MIL and 2 of my SILs for dinner so DH is on his own with the 2 kids.

NRR - met with a new babysitter last week and she seemed really great but I can't get ahold of her and it's bumming me out.  I was hoping she could come out today and/or Wednesday for a little bit.

rg - I laughed at the image of R staring at you for 10 minutes.  L loves raisins too!  He would also eat a whole bag of grapes in one day if I let him.  Nice that your DH is so handy!  Mine is not.  The latch on our microwave door broke so we can't get it open and DH looked at it and decided we just need to buy a new microwave.  I, on the other hand, am going to try to pry the thing open and figure out if we can just replace one little part on it rather than the whole microwave.

zorbs - sorry about the braggy SIL.  How old is B?

eh - tough call on the conservation area.  I wouldn't want to waste my money either!

cx2 - do you run by yourself in the dark?  I did where we used to live but here there are hardly any street lights so it makes me a little nervous.  You never know about your half, the half I PRed in was after I had cut back mileage for a few weeks because of shin splints.

mrszackmorris

rr: 5m. Need to start ramping up my mid-week mileage.

kr/tr: took the girls to the local parade yesterday in the rain. they still had a lot of fun though. And then spent 2.5 hours in my parents' pool.

br: curled up in a ball behind a chair and cried when we left him with a sitter. we stayed in the garage until he stopped which was only a couple minutes. apparently I don't get out enough as the last time he had a sitter was in April.

nrr: busy week this week.

fr: chicken noodle soup or spaghetti.

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Bike day.  Achilles was bothering me yesterday but the trails felt great.

TR:  No more summer camp so we will be shuffling him back and forth today between my attorney's office and the fbi office Smile

NRR:  The boys leave tomorrow for  PA and will be back next week.  Massive cleaning will be commencing tomorrow night.  I plan on boxing up all C's old baby toys and throwing away the junk that DH won't.

beckykay

RG:  I am so grateful for a handy DH too but mine makes me help Smile  Blerg, I hate when they won't give you an answer.

Zorbs:  Don't feel bad, boys are harder to PT than girls.  C really didn't care about the peer pressure aspect of it as much as we had hoped, he was just a candy fiend and that worked for us.

Eh!:  Boo on the showers.  I would hate to pay the $ too just to have to leave.

Cx2:  C hates to sit to eat, so that would have been us too.

Arm:  When is your marathon?  I am following a training plan but not registered for a marathon yet but my plan this time seems super easy compared to last.  The mileage is just starting to bump up and I don't feel burnt out already Smile  Granted I am only 4 weeks in though.

MrsZM:  Wow, April!  I don't have a sitter but I go to visit my parents often enough Wink

Ok, time to deal with our PITA clients.....

running eh

cx2 - sorry about the restaurant experience - I know that we have done that before and I have seen it many times.  To make you feel better, there was a child wandering around the hospital emergency room the other day.  Her mother didn't even try to contain her and she was waltzing in and out of other people's rooms.  She was very cute and friendly, but if I was the nurse I would have said something.  The nurse was trying to start an IV and draw blood on another patient and the little girl was bumping into her.  I could eat tacos a couple times a week, yum!

arm - have fun going out for dinner!  Way to get 1/3 of FM training done, so exciting!  Hope no one else gets sick.  Sounds like you already found a new tennis club, YAY!

mzm - The mid week longer runs are tough!  I guess that is the challenge of marathon training, trying to fit it all in!  OOHHH, I haven't had chicken noodle soup in forever!

becky - I always love a good purge, have fun w. that.  I hope that Achilles pain stays away!  The FBI office doesn't mid DS being there?

armmama

mrszm - aww, poor C.  I always feel bad when I leave L because I leave without saying bye but if he doesn't notice me leaving he's OK.  Otherwise he cries and screams and I hate listening to that while I'm walking out the door.

becky - Oh how I wish DH would take the kids to his mom's for the weekend or something so I could do a massive clean-out.  Hopefully when L starts being a little bit easier to take to other people's houses it'll happen.  My marathon is Nov 3rd.  Which one are you thinking about running?

RR: 3m plus ST and core per Coach's instructions.  She's tracking me via Garmin which means no cheating!

KR: I signed both the kids up for karate in hopes that it will build confidence and focus.  Fingers crossed DS behaves today

RG: MY Dh is convinced we are moving in 5 yrs or so so he refuses to put too much work into our house which is really frustrating. There isn't any reason for us to move nor is there plans too, so why not fix up the house  - grr...

Zorbs: Once you find B's PT motivator I'm sure he'll love it.  For DD is was a musical potty she could not get enough of , for DS it was M&M's.

eh: I wouldn't want to pay just to leave early either. I'm cheap like that

Cx2: Don't judge your parenting style on how other people's kids behaved compared to yours.  Odds are if C was that interested in walking around and checkingthe place out she wouldn't have eaten what you brought anyway

armam:  What marathon are you training for?

becky: And you aren't signed up for Richmond why????  Let the cleaning begin!

zack: we spent som etime soaking in the pool yesterday - it was grreat!!

beckykay

eh!:  Nope, just not all day.  One of the other agents has to bring her kiddo in when school is out.  They just stick them in the conference room.  In C's case, he normally goes around to the difference police stations with DH.  He's pretty good about not being a hot mess and the officers bribe him with candy.

Arm:  Richmond, Nov. 16th.  He goes to PA this week and then the last week of August he goes to my parents house solo for a week. Smile  I love my kiddo but I get so much done in August.

Dexy:  I plan on being in Richmond, just can't decide full or half Smile  I have a HUGE mental hurdle with the marathon distance so I am trying not to think of it as marathon training.  Just following a training plan until I grasp the distance.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.  I am for sure going to foam roll, nothing is super sore, just a bit of tightness.  I would like to spin or something but I have to see how much time I have.

RR2 - working on my race report... my chip malfunctioned or something in the race, I started right next to RP, then we both ran our own race, and ended up catching up to each other and running the last 2k 'with' each other, and crossing the finish line at the exact same time.  My chip time is almost a minute behind hers, hers matches my garmin exactly.  I emailed the race organizers and they just sorta brushed it off saying both times were great, so I don't think they care or will do anything to change it.  It wasn't a PR or anything, and I'm just going to go with my garmin, but if it had been a PR I'd be more annoyed.

TR - has a cold.  Was super grouchy last night, she was tired though as she was up really early and didn't nap long.  Hopefully she's happier today.

BR - did great without me!  Was happy to see mommy though, love her!

FR - have to take stock on what's in the house.

NRR - just have to get unpacked, organized, tidy the house, I should make bread as I think we're out, ...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

RR - SRD. Core workout planned for later.

TR - Wakes me up every morning now by saying "Mum!" in the happiest voice and then jumps up on the bed for snuggles. It's the best! Is currently running around the backyard in her pajama top,  a sunhat and a bare bum because she refused to put on her clothes. That's okay, she needs a bath anyway.

FR - Lamb burgers, corn on the cob.

NRR - We had friends over last night and bbq'd and ate dinner outside. I was wearing a dress and I guess mosquitoes kept flying up it because now I have bites all over my ass! It's torture - they are so itchy, but I can't exactly walk around scratching my butt all day!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Weekend/race recap.

Reid came down with a fever and puked Thursday night, but his Godmother is seriously an angel and said she would watch him despite it. We left at 8 am on Friday- we were supposed to pick up LeeLeeChe at SeaTac but she had something come up at work last minute and flew into Vancouver instead. We made good time, stopped in Burlington to shop at the lulu outlet (I only ended up buying a men's hat for wearing to the park on the weekends) and eat lunch. We had a short wait at the border- less than 30 minutes and things were going great until we were about 10 miles from our hotel we got stuck in the most godawful traffic jam. They were doing construction on a tunnel and were merging 6(!!!) lanes of traffic into a single lane. We were stuck for two hours. I had to pee so bad I thought I was going to burst.  Finally we got out of that (we advised LeeLee to take the train from the airport to downtown instead of risking the traffic, but she probably would have been ok)- traffic was pretty congested downtown too. We were supposed to meet CA, Jenni, and Lori at 6:30 and by the time we got through packet pickup and waited for LeeLeeChe's train, we didn't get to the restaurant until 7:30. We looked at the showcase store but it was horribly picked over already by the time we got there. We had dinner with the Supermoms (delish!) and then walked back to our car at the convention center, got checked in, then had to walk to find a grocery store for some breakfast for the morning.

Didn't sleep well, 5 am came too soon. Got up and got ready for the race and my stomach felt off- thought it was nerves. Ate a banana, some chocolate milk, then a gu in the starting corrall. Lined up around the 2:10 pacer and knew it was bad news when I was getting hot just standing in the corral. Race went off and my RP (Joan) and I took off and were at about 9:50 pace. I was immediately struggling. The first half of the course was a ton of 90* turns and then a long, horrible out an back on a bridge/hill. I let Joan go around the 4 mile mark and was feeling tired so I decided to take a Gu, took one small bit and it came back up. Managed to choke it down over the course of a mile and was nauseated the rest of the race- my stomach rejected everything but water and I was sweating buckets. Passed LeeLeeChe at the halfway point on the out and back, looked at my watch and realized there was zero chance of a PR and felt like quitting right then and there.  But of course I was in a strange city and didn't know how to get back to my friends if I didn't finish, so I decided to throw all goals out the window other than not barfing. I kept getting really emotional every time I saw a cute kid on the course.

Scenery was beautiful on the second half of the course- the SeaWall was amazing, other than the occasion whiff of fishy ocean smell which made my stomach turn. The balls of my feet really hurt, had a headache and backache too. I stopped and drank a whole cup and walked the aid stations slowly, and took a couple other 1/4 mi walking breaks. Thinking a PW was possible, I just decided to enjoy the scenery and high five as many spectators as possible. My favorite were the Drag Queens on the out and back- they were positioned perfectly so you passed them at two points where you felt like crap and needed a pickmeup.

We ran through this really beautiful park that was like a rainforest, really gorgeous, and I was able to run the last 2ish miles continuously but I didn't have any kick at all. Finishing time was 2:27:54. I ran my last two training runs at that pace and felt way better. I have very little tolerance for heat, and even less for humidity and it just ruined my race. I won't be running anymore summer half marathons thankyouverymuch.   My RPs both set PRs though, and Heidi even broke 2 hours, so I was very happy for them. I think I would have been way more depressed if we had all crashed and burned after all that hard work.

Drive home yesterday was much better, left around 11 am, found an alternate route to bypass the tunnel. LeeLeeChe's plane was late so we still managed to get her there on time and we got home at 7 pm.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07