Womens Running

Here's to a Happy 2014 (over 40) (Read 21 times)

ginnyb

I cannot believe it is 2014.  That year flew by!

All I hope for is that my aches and pains get under control so that I can run.  Starting to feel depressed about this.

We got about 2 inches of snow overnight, but they are predicting 8-12 inches through tomorrow.

Congratulations to all of you with your awesome mileage this year!

Lisa....your knee seems to be finally cooperating, so glad!

Sorry, guess I do not have much to offer this morning.  I would like to go out for a run, I love to run in freshly fallen snow when it isn't too much like this morning, no wind, so quiet, but I am afraid to now.  Don't mean to sound so pessimistic....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - You always have something to offer!!!  Sorry you are feeling so pessimistic....hoping this is just your "winter running funk" going on....I was looking at the results from the run I did yesterday and the amount of participants in the over 50 groups is really growing, so we must keep going!!!!  In the men's group there were men in the 75 plus group there was one 81 y/o man.  Amazing - for a day that was wind chill of -3 with slippery roads!

Not sure my plan for rehabbing this injury, but will not be running for a bit....my RB called me yesterday to tell me they were doing a run this am but I was NOT invited....there was even a threat to hide my shoes.

Here's to a New Year!

Carol

camille2

Happy New Year!  I'm personally glad to see a fresh year!

Ginny, when I read your note yesterday about feeling like you were falling apart, I sure identified.

Lisa, congrats on the race.  Listen to this.  On Tues, just a couple hours after I read your idea about contacting a friend I hadn't talked to in a while and decided to do it, one of them called me.  : )  It had been almost a year since we'd talked and it was great. We talked for an hour.  The timing of the call...a little odd.

Cindy...nice miles!  On the tires...maybe the dealer just used cheap tires? I had to replace tires on a Corolla at about 17000 miles, too. It was a "certified used" with about 15000 miles on it when I bought it and I had to replace them early the next summer. I wasn't happy.

Carol, bummer on having to walk.  I hope you feel better soon.

Marjorie, how sweet that you get a great discount on cars.  : )

I biked again at the gym yesterday and did some leg and core work-my PT exercises.  I'll walk 20 minutes today and do the PT exercises. I'll spend the night and tomorrow at my mom's.

Have a great relaxing day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy New Year!

Off to run.

Ginny you arent being pessimistic. Injuries just suck. Sometimes we don't know what we did. But it will get better. Injuries are just our body saying, "hey, um,  you need to do something to address something". Now, if only it would tell us what that something was or what we did. Often, injuries are cumulative. There isn't the one event. I used to tell my patients it is like a rubber band. We can use it over and over. One day we just pick it up and it breaks before we even try to use it.

Seems right now many of us are batteling  something. It is okay. We can get through it.

Looking ing back I initially thought 2013 was okay but then remember all the dad drama, the scam, the tears, the wedding, the selling his house etc. Wow.   Hope everyone has a great 2014.

Marjorie

LC Runs

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I am looking forward to 2014, not that 2013 was terrible, but lots of work stress that I would have rather not dealt with (so glad to be out of that mad house lol).  I did notice today that my first run of 2014 put me at 10,000 miles since I started logging my mileage (4-5 years).

I am looking at running the Charlevoix Marathon in June, would be my first marathon in 3.5 years.  My friend, Holly, wants to run it (would be  her first), would make a camping weekend out of it.  I think registration is in February, so I'll keep you all posted.

4 TM miles today.  Also did some abs and squats.  I sure wish this bitter cold would go away.   Looks like it will be a bit easier to get outside this weekend.  Back to work tomorrow *sigh*

Ginny - sorry you haven't been able to run  much.  It can be very depressing.  I guess the only  bright side is that the weather isn't  great, so maybe just try and keep some fitness, rehab and look forward to spring

Carol - great job yesterday.  I went and ran some errands mid day and the wind took my breath away.  Have to admit I was glad I hadn't registered for the race, though I really liked doing that one last year.  Take some rest days and I hope your injury resolves soon.

Hi Camille!  Enjoy your day!!

Marjorie - enjoy your run!

Quiet day around here, I think the BF and I are going to see 'Anchorman' this afternoon, then kids will be over this evening.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, it will come back. Maybe start small? Short runs can be wonderfully renewing.

I'm about to do some cardio before I go out to see what is open.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy new year everyone.  For me, a new year means time to let go of niggling negative things that took up too much time and energy last year.  Fresh year, fresh start, fresh attitude (which hopefully lasts longer than just today, after I return to work tomorrow).

Ginny, sorry you are in a funk.  But no need to apologize... we've all been there, whether due to injuries or back luck or just life.   Hope you can get outside and walk and enjoy the fresh snow while letting the aches and pains heal.

Carol, glad to see your friends are looking out for you!   You'll be back out there, just give it some time.

Camille, good for you for doing your PT and cross training so the the hip gets better.

Marjorie, you are right, lots of people battling ailments and injuries.   What's the ALL thread that you started elsewhere in the forum?

LC, a marathon with your friend sounds fun!  You've been running and doing your strength training so regularly.

MTA:  Hi Judy!  Cross posted

Off to do a trail run with DH.  Be back later to say hi to everyone else.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Pretty good run

Gatsby the ALLS were a daily thread in rwol. We hadn't had a thread in a long time but it came up yesterday on fb on one of my wall posts so we decided we would try it out again as some of our little group had the need for more motivation. We were a group that funny fit in the DIVAs or preggos or super moms threads. I've met several of the girls and we always had fun.

Laura quiet here too. Our weather is cool and very overcast. Surprisingly I saw no one out. Thought I'd see a few resolutioners but, nope.

Marjorie

Yeah for Michigan State!  always nice to see an underdog win. And with their captain being suspended from the game for undisclosed reason points to a team with a real coach too. Surprising nowadays to hear of a coach with the courage to do something like that.

watched the parade, shoveled, cleaned house, shoveled, watched Red Wings lose in a shoot out in a snowstorm played in Ann Arbor, shoveled. Then Rose Bowl and shoveled again.

Ginny-I'm learning to savor what I've done in the past and more varied future achievments. That said, I'm still in that gray place too but I think life in general has more to do with it. of course I'm going to encourage you to sign up for the Detroit half!!!

carol-what exactly is the injury?

camille- I see a Detroit marathon entry in your future.... I tried anyway. That is a good coincidence. glad you reconnected and now have something or your list!

Marjorie-like the straw that broke the camels back. Pretty sure that's my knee injury. Bunch of things coming together. heres to less drama for you in 2014.

Laura-we saw Wolf of Wall Street a few days ago. Wonderful acting and a great story but be forewarned that the language, sex, and drug use are certainly used to symbolize how obscene what he was doing was. I can't bieve it was rated R. Hope you liked anchorman.

Gatsby- i bet your trail run was great. How couldn't it be? You're in trail running heaven.  I'm hoping that I can find some joy in 2014.  2013 has been a year where I feel like I contracted and curled up within myself in a weird protective manner.  So many outside forces wanting so much of me (work, husband and his family, my own wanting of more from myself) that I've lifted the moat and closed the castle. I'm trying for less negativity in the new year.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I hope you can find some more serenity in 2014. You deserve it.

Ginny, I hope you did venture out in the snow. Hope your aches and pains are gone soon.

Carol, good luck with rehabbing the injury.

Marjorie, I think a lot of us have been through quite a bit this year. Your experience with your dad, Lisa's surgery, Carol's DD's wedding...

Laura, sooner you than me with the camping weekend combined with the race. I like to have a hotel or home to go back to after the race, thankyouverymuch. (But then I haven't been camping since high school...)

Gatsby, hope you had a good trail run.

16.6 this morning. I had planned 14 but went over. No worries.

Docket_Rocket

Happy New Year's ladies!  I really appreciate your running friendship and your input!

GinnyB, sorry about the injuries.  May 2014 be better!

I only had time for 7 miles today.  Trixie's follow up appointment went really well and I'm feeding Daisy like she is a bottomless pit.  ALl is well, I think.

Will be back tomorrow with shoutouts!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page