Womens Running

Wainy Wednesday Wadies (over 40) (Read 15 times)

ginnyb

My Elmer Fudd for the day, don't know why....Was that Elmer?

I never get shin splints and my left shin is killing me yesterday and today!  What is this?  Sympathy pain for me DD?  Seems like everytime I get going with my running this year I have another setback.  Just weird.... Not sure if I am going to be ready for Half in May.  Discouraging.  Can I continue to run with a shin splint?

Cindy...sounds like a good time at Disney.  Glad you have been enjoying great weather.

Lisa....sounds encouraging on your phone call!

So mad about this darn shin thing.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, sorry about your shin thing! I think you have to be very careful with that.

It seems after I caught the thing from work last week, I was very sick on the weekend...chest cough got very bad and I was too weak to stay awake. A friend took me to the ER. They did a chest X-ray which eliminated pneumonia. I have an antibiotic for the chest congestion and RX for the cough. The vaporizer helps also. The ER docs and my doc feel I have influenza (another variety not covered since I had my flu shot). I am already stronger for which I am grateful. I will not be around after this weekend since I am going on vacation for almost 2 weeks without my computer. I hope to run before I go and during the vacation. I will check in as soon as I get back.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Take care Judy!  Have a wonderful vacation.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

SugarLand

Ginny - How many miles do your shoes have on them? You could need a new pair - remember to stretch and stretch some more and ice

Judy hope you feel better soon

My workout was tough yesterday so glad it is a easy day  - 45 minutes of easy running

hi to everyone

have a wonderful day

blessings

Vicki

Good Morning!  Swam this morning.  Felt good.  One of my toes is REALLY sore.  Bruised around the toenail.  It's that pesky second toe that is longer than the rest of the toes and although I keep the nail as short as possible it still rubs my shoe.  ;(

Judy--oh no--hope you are feeling better soon

Cindy--glad y'all are having fun at Disney

Ginny--yes, shoes, gait analysis and maybe some strengthening exercises, especially core.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  The 8 last night went great.  Happy to say that, although still slower than before, running and recovery is doing great.

Marjorie, yes, the selfie is cute!  I just thought it was funny that they looked so sad too.

Ginny, ugh at the shin splints.

Judy, feel better soon!  Being sick on vacation is not good.

Vicki, a tough workout will give you rewards.  Enjoy today's easy run.

Sue, hope the toe gets better.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me

Damaris Bassets look sad 99% of the time Smile

Ginny boo to the shins

Feel better Judy. We will miss you while you are gone

nice workout Vicki

now work work work

Carol I guess it is good them coming .  Stressful but it will be fine.  My SIL is being childish still. I mentioned to her that she could send a card here.  You know, be the bigger person.  Nope. She says she won't send one. So much for turning the other cheek. She knows she is being angry and shouldn't. Well, if she knows that, she needs to be an example to her kids on what is the right thing to do. It is hard but some people just can't seem to get over things.

I sent dad links to 4 different restaurants.  Luckily he picked one of the nice ones. They were all nice but one was a chain. I was hoping they wouldn't pick the chain.  We have such great places to eat here. I'm glad they picked one of nice ones!

i also ordered two gifts for her. One is a back up in case dad does not get her anything

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Ugh. We finally rolled out the new website at work and three of my biggest things on there don't work. This consultant they went with doesn't seem very good, as my three things are apparently on a list of many many many more things. I spent all morning and fixed two of them myself, the third I don't have the permissions to do. I may have found a workaround, but it will take me probably most of a day to do. So I'm giving them until COB Thursday, and planning on clearing my schedule if needed Friday. If they actually get it done I may take my comp day from working the meeting over the weekend on Friday.

So hi, all! I'm back home!! And glad to be here. Back at the office, not as much - the world apparently didn't stop while we were all out of town meeting. My presentation went well, I did a lot of good networking and being "visible" to the members, and I ate way too much food. So I guess it was mostly successful.

crazysue, I just went back and found your marathon write up. Nice job!

Ginny, do you have any compression socks or calf compression sleeves? Wearing those after a run like Cindy suggested helps my shins feel better too. Do your shoes have a lot of miles on them? I have run through shin splints before but it was painful, and I was constantly worried that they might be stress fractures.

Judy, have a great vacation!

Marjorie, you are a good daughter. Good for you for doing all that for her birthday.

Hi Vicki and Damaris!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, that is major karma points -- especially ordering a backup gift in case your dad forgets to get her one.

And I've rarely seen a basset that didn't look sad. Or hopeful. Or both at the same time.

Ginny, I haven't had shin splints so no words of advice except the usual "check the shoes".

Lisa, sounds like a good 2nd interview!

Cindy, hope you are having fun at House of Mouse.

Vicki, that advice sounds good. Are Kayanos motion control? I thought they were neutral/cushion...but given their price I wouldn't know firsthand (or firstfoot as the case may be).

Susan, Morton's toe is a pain. Sorry you are having trouble with it.

Damaris, glad you are recovering so well.

Karen, welcome back! Boo hiss on the computer issues.

2.25 gimping around the neighbourhood this morning, then went to the gym at lunch and managed 6 on the TM,. Started it at 4.1 mph and increased it slowly. I feel better after the run than I did before! I did get a call from the urgent care doctor who said the radiologist thought there might be a hairline fracture of the patella and so I should make an appointment with the orthopedist. I tried to make an appt with the ortho in the same practice as the urgent care. First available? End of May. Um, if it IS broken, by the end of May either it will be healed or I will be in need of a lot of attention! Said no thank you and made an appt with the doctor who arthroscoped this knee in 2006. Next Wednesday. I can bring the X rays and report along with me for him to look at.

But today's run has made me feel reassured.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope it isn't broken Tessa.

Kayanod are stability.  I used to wear them several years ago but don't need stability any longer.

Marjorie