Womens Running

WORK it out WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I'll be working..but hope everyone else is working those miles! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading to the gym shortly for core.

Pretty good run. Very achey. If I had ran the 5 I had scheduled today - my weekly mileage would have been 39. We can't have that now can we? Smile So I am ending the week at 40. Not bad but I was aiming for mid 30's - How did that happen  Could explain some of the aches and pains. Need a rest day!

Heading to work around 10:30. Tomorrow is more about putting the room they are using back together. I feel bad having our engineers do this - its really not in their job description to move furniture, they are just helping us out. I am making them some chocolate peanut butter cookies (Sandy & Cathy - cookie monster) to thank them as well! I feel bad not going with HCBF to his families place..but I am kinda relieved. Is that awful of me to say?!

Kilmisters - You are also playing Floorball hardcore and mothering a child..I would still put you in the badass category Smile

Docket - Oh geez. I have a feeling its awful speed work Smile AGREE about your phone!!! I turn my email off when I am off these days. OH I was thinking when I am in Ft Lauderdale I need to run of course..I take it they have sidewalks along the strip there? Or I guess there is the beach.

Tessa - AWESOME news about the time! WOOT!

Laura - Wow, two races?! Are they local? WOOHOO! Whats the weather going to be like?

Run4kupcakes - Nice 8!! I saw that little snowflake on my apple weather for Wednesday..I was like WHAT?!

Lisa - I heard that too about the bridge and thought the same thing! I don’t understand! I agree with Damaris - stupidity that lead to people losing their lives Sad I hope you have a good run today!

Happy Weekend!! Good luck Karen!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Glad you got a good run Lizzie.  Sorry you are working it too this weekend.

Today is usually my day off, but they were short 2 doctors, so I asked for a pretty penny and am filling in one of the LONG out of town shifts.  Pays a little bit towards the Polar Bears, so I am going to suck it up.  Love the girls I am with, so it should be a fun day - coworker wise.   Apparently the clients/stores are not too much fun.  Meh.  We will rock it out.

Only 1 herb died.

Gotta boogie, need to leave in 10 and haven't showered...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 6 and weights tonight.  Hubby went out at 8am to run but it's too sunny for me so I just stayed.

Liz, yeah, not sure where you are staying (PM me in FB and I can check), but over there, the beach should be the best.  Although in April I am not sure you even want to go outside to run since it could be in the 90-100F range.  We'll see then.

Kat, well, if they make you work on your day off might as well pay you a pretty penny. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

Heading out in a bit, hoping for 5 today.  It is supposed to be pretty nice here this weekend, mid 40's and no wind.  Wind has been crazy this week!

Lizzie - the race is about an hour south of here.  The main race is the 5k but they also offer an 8k, you can run either, or both since they're two hours apart.  I have done the double the past 3 or 4 years.  The 8k is first and not real crowded, the 5k has over 5,000 participants.  I am actually running the 5k with a young kid that is participating in a running club my friend runs.  I'm hoping he's not super speedy, she thinks I'm faster than I really am, especially after running a race earlier in the morning LOL!

Kat - sorry you have to work but extra $$ is always a good thing!!

Damaris - have a good workout and run later!

LC Runs

5.3 miles...where is everyone today?  Hope you are all having a great day!!

Seloc

18 for me. Not the best but that’s what I get for slacking this winter. GORGEOUS out there!  Chilly the first half but the sun was amazing. No wind. Now in the 40s. Still lots of snow and plenty of re freeze but I’ll take it. Just sat down with a beer and turned on b-ball. Not sure I will move much more today. Ha!!

Lizzie - holy cats nice mileage. I haven’t hit that yet and I’m supposed to be 9 weeks from a marathon?!  Gulp. Sorry abt having to work. Hope the event goes well!!  You are sooooo sweet to recognize your colleagues are going above and beyond and making them cookies. They will love that!!

Laura - 5+ mi the day before TWO races?!!  Omg you rock. Way to go!!  Good luck tomorrow!!

Kat - bummer on having to work but hooray for some extra $$

Damaris - too sunny means too hot?  Have a good 6!

That’s all I got from my phone. Waves to everyone else and Happy St Pattys Day!

Anonymous Guest

Well that was craptastic. 70 degrees, dew point 68. Hilly (the course is an out and back on the only part of the Houston Marathon with hills). I felt awful. My speedy neighbor and his dog were out cheering just after mile 1, which was cool (although I didn't realize it was him until after I passed by and realized I heard "Go Karen" instead of the usual "Go Beef"). HIs wife was running. She passed me around mile 5 and finished about 10 seconds ahead of me. My legs were tired. My mental game was just not there. The food after was pretty awesome though - tacos, tamales, protein shakes, beer, Rita's ice, plus the regular bananas and apples and bagels and stuff. I left pretty quickly as I was getting cold from sweat and having poured water over my head at the last two water stops (there were 4! of them in a 10K, because it was just that miserable out). Time on my garmin was 51:20. I can't remember the last time I ran a 10K that wasn't in the forties. Oh well, it was a really nice race and I'd do it again. Right on the edge of downtown so getting in and out was simple.

Was going to respond to all the people that posted yesterday and all the people that posted so far today, but I'm really tired. I think instead I'm going to take a nap. I have to extrovert tonight - St. Pat's party at the neighbors, so I need to conserve some energy.

Back later,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

LIzzie......how good of you to make cookies for those working!  It makes such a difference when an employee feels appreciated!  We don’t get that much at the library and it hurts morale.  I don’t think the higher ups realize what we deal with on a daily basis.  Nice mileage for the week!  Not bad of you to be relieved that you didn’t have to go to maybe future in laws, don’t feel bad.

Damaiis.... Lizzie will probably get up in the middle of the night to run, so maybe the heat won’t be so bad!😂

karen.....sorry about the disappointing race, but you were tired, terrible humidity,  and you did it anyway!  That good sounds amazing, makes the crappy run better to swallow.  You are still hero runner to me!

worked out with trainer this morning.  Usually don’t do Saturday, but he offered since he is leaving next week.  It was cold, but we went to “the hill”. And did 7 hill repeats together.  Ah he was at top before I was halfway, but I felt strong.  Then back to gym and he had me do 10 deadlifts and worked shoulders.  I’m tired. Corned beef and cabbage is in the slow cooker and Irish soda bread ready to go in the oven!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kathryn – Looks like we are both making that money today.

Docket – Good luck on the 6 tonight. Oh yes, I remember running in South Carolina in August…it was BRUTAL.

Laura – Nice miles!! Hey, the kid might make you speed upSmile  Youll be warmed up!!

Sandy – WOOOOHOOOOO WTG on the 18!!! What a well-deserved beer and lazy day!! Smile I bet your weather was WARMER than we were... Wink

Karen – I am laughing. Not at your race but at your conserving energy comment. LOL! Know how you feel – Hey, nice job on the race. That weather is awful. You were only 2 minutes from the forties!! Sorry you didn’t do as well as you had hoped. BUT…you did just run a marathon Smile I noticed yesterday on my LR that my mental endurance was off. It wasn’t ready yet! The race itself sounds awesome – geez I didn’t get HALF that food array at Newport News marathon! NICE! Have a good nap and have fun tonight!

Ginny – I completely agree – sometimes little things like making cookies can really make someone feel appreciated. LOL – haha I would get up in the middle of the night! No, I will be on vacation..I would wait until at least 4 Smile  Wow, NICE workout today!! You earned that YUMMY dinner! I have never had corned beer and cabbage. I have had a Reuben before – that is corned beef, right? I didn’t like it haha. But I have NEVER had soda bread!!! That sounds yummy!

Still at the office. Should be able to get out of here soon. As much as I complain about it - it wasn't that bad being here. Especially since I am by myself in the office. We had a lot of issues come up - easy to resolve - but feel better that I was here. I was going to blow it off Smile

I had HCBF run some errands for me. Sigh. I gave him a list of what to get at Sams. He calls me and he got everything on the list PLUS pringles, cheese dip, nachos, lemon pound cake..  He said he was on his way to Target to get some freshly popped popcorn. Is this guy 41 or 14? LOL. I love him though!

Have a good Saturday all!

Happy St. Pats day to all!  Since the knee was a little sore and bruised from last weekend's wipe-out, I limited myself to walks during week and short 3 mile runs yesterday and today.  Feeling mostly back to normal, fortunately.  Wore my green shamrock tights for today's run and got lots of smiles and waves.  

Lizzie, Kat -- sorry you have to work this weekend but OT money will come in handy for sure... running shoes, race entries, and polar bears don't pay for themselves!

Seloc, woohoo on 18 miles!  That's some hefty mileage.  With a couch, beer and basketball on TV, I don't see any reason why you should move.  Except maybe to get snacks and more beer.  

Karen, some races are just like that.  Oh well.  That's what makes the good races so great.

Damaris, sounds like hubby is back to his old self and feeling good?  Have you signed him up for any races?  

LC, have fun at the races tomorrow!  Nice of you to run with the kid.  That's one way to get in some speedwork!

Ginny, hill repeats?!  Impressed with your consistent training.

CrazySue, enjoy your time off next week!

DHuff, just to echo what others already said, I don't see any reason for you to be disappointed in anything that you have accomplished so far  (which is way more than what lots of people accomplish, ever, BTW).  Every tough run is a chance to learn, to test yourself, and to grow as a runner and a person.

Lisa, you posted some articles recently about training for mental toughness.  Wanted to mention that I've found them interesting and useful.  Laughed at some of the comments, "why would I train in conditions that sucked?"  Good luck finishing tough races with that attitude...

Waves to everyone else.  Enjoy the day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

LIzzie......how good of you to make cookies for those working!  It makes such a difference when an employee feels appreciated!  We don’t get that much at the library and it hurts morale.  I don’t think the higher ups realize what we deal with on a daily basis.  Nice mileage for the week!  Not bad of you to be relieved that you didn’t have to go to maybe future in laws, don’t feel bad.

Damaiis.... Lizzie will probably get up in the middle of the night to run, so maybe the heat won’t be so bad!😂

karen.....sorry about the disappointing race, but you were tired, terrible humidity,  and you did it anyway!  That good sounds amazing, makes the crappy run better to swallow.  You are still hero runner to me!

worked out with trainer this morning.  Usually don’t do Saturday, but he offered since he is leaving next week.  It was cold, but we went to “the hill”. And did 7 hill repeats together.  Ah he was at top before I was halfway, but I felt strong.  Then back to gym and he had me do 10 deadlifts and worked shoulders.  I’m tired. Corned beef and cabbage is in the slow cooker and Irish soda bread ready to go in the oven!

LOL, maybe.  Although we are famous for having 80F feels like 100F with 80 dewpoints by 5am...

Liz, I find South Carolina not too humid.  It did get to the 100s while I was there and that was cooler than home. Good luck! Maybe you'll bring some nice weather; it normally happens when people come visit me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Karen, great job nonetheless.

Kat, we have been registered for our next 6 (or 7) marathons/HMs prior to the surgery, so he is taking care of.  He was worried the surgery wouldn't be early enough for him to not miss Kentucky next month but it worked out.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Gald your Saturday work day went good!  Don’t feel bad about missing HCBF’s family thing...sometimes you just need to!  39 miles right after your Marathon...wow! Agree, baking the cookies was such a nice gesture!

Karen - Ugh , on the miserable race for you!  But great food Smile.  Conditions sounded bad!

Damarias - Can’t believe how fast your DH has bounced back from surgery!  The Bridge debacle is just horrible!

Sandy - Great job on the 18!!!  Did you run them alone?  Your weather sounded similar to ours.

Laura - Have a great time tomorrow!  Weather looks great.  My DD is running the 8k, she picked her packet up today and didn’t like the shirt this year Sad.  Did you get yours?

Margaret - Glad the sore knee is getting better!  I wore a green St, Pat’s shirt and headband with a shamrock for our LR today - I didn’t get any comments LOL

Ginny - You looked so strong, and like a kid in the FB post of your work out!!!

Kat - Nice to make some extra $!!!  You seem pretty happy at this practice!

18 with RB today.  It really went good.  Beautiful blue sky, sun, and ended up in the 40’s.

Carol

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ready for bed.  Got home about 2 hours ago, it was a 13 hour day.  Ladies I worked with were awesome, but LONG ASS DAY.  BEST BBQ for lunch.  The brisket was out of this world yummy.  As was the sausage, turkey, and potato salad.  I brought a fair bit home.  Not sure I would do this one again, but the food...   Get to get up early AGAIN tomorrow for my regularly scheduled program.  Joy.

Quiet on the forums today...

Hey to all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024