Womens Running

WORK it out WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

LC Runs

Happy Sunday, I'm up and slowly getting myself ready to leave for the race.  I did have to wake up at 4:30 for the puppy but then slept on the couch until 6.  Race doesn't start until 9:30 and weather looks great!

Sandy - Awesome 18 miler!  I didn't do much yesterday after my run other than the kids and I took the dogs for a walk and went to Dairy Queen (for the kids not the dogs lol).  My older dog has gotten a bit pudgy so we are trying to up his exercise and limit his treats.

Karen - yes, definitely craptastic racing conditions, that will just suck the life right out of you.  Hope you were able to get a nap and enjoyed the party!

Ginny - nice job on the hill repeats!  Your dinner sounds yummy!!  No St Pats celebrating here, I didn't even wear green yesterday (well, I did paint my nails green for the occasion)!

Lizzie - glad the work day wasn't too bad.  Laughing at HCBF, I can't trust my BF to do the grocery shopping, he wouldn't even use the list if I gave him one!

Margaret - glad your knee is feeling better!  I love the shamrock tights idea, I don't have much green to wear today, I need to work on that especially since I run this race every year lol

Damaris - wow, you guys are so organized with your racing, it's awesome.  How many states have you covered?

Carol - yesterday was so nice out, I'm glad we get a repeat today!  I haven't gotten my shirt yet but I checked the website out and they have pictures.  Blue for one race and green for another but I'm not sure which is which.  I liked last year's (bright green long sleeve) but most years they are pretty ugly LOL.

Kat - wow that is a long day, but good for the $$. Hope today goes quickly and smoothly!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!! I will be moving tables and chairs around for hours so strength training, right?

Got home yesterday and made cookies. Then HCBF and I lounged and had seafood for dinner. Yum! I slept until 8am this morning! That means I got 11 hours of sleep. 11!!! Maybe my eye will finally stop twitching.

Heading over to work today around 1. Today is going to be a beautiful day..sunny and high 58! I kinda wish I was going with HCBF today because the drive through the mountains to get to his sisters house would be gorgeous today! Oh well..like Margaret said, I have races and shoes to pay for! If I have time after work I may go over to Kohls...

Margaret - Did you take a picture of these green tights?!?!?! Smile Glad you are feeling almost back to normal.

Docket - 80 dew point at 8am?! Good lorrrdddddddd.

Carol - Wow, nice 18 for you yesterday! You and Sandy were pumping out the LR’s!!!

Kathryn - 13 hour day?? UUGGHHH. Glad lunch was good! Just think about that 13 hours of OT cash...Good luck getting through today.

Laura - You? Had a low key day yesterday? How? LOL. You are always moving or have plans I feel like. You deserve many more relaxing days Smile I was going to say, I bet Dairy Queen would give the pups a treat - but that wouldn’t be good if you are watching his weight Smile GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! Smile Smile

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

I had my massage and pedicure yesterday and then did 10 on the TM...it was horrible but it's done.  I have 8 today and then just a few next week before the PS.

Hi to everyone.  I need coffee.

Happy Sunday! Nice trail time yesterday! Went with run couple David and Jenn. I’m running the Kentucky 50 k with her end of April and she needed 20+ miles. Mostly hiking for me but covered 21 miles at a steady pace.  Her run is my fast walk so all good. Went out for lots of food and drinks after.   Ribs felt okay so yeah!!

Kathryn-poor herb. What kinds of herbs exactly are you growing. Hee hee.

Sandy-nice miles yesterday!

Karen- love the rr. And while I wouldn’t ever wish a craptastic race on anyone, I do appreciate you keeping it real for those of us who Dare not even dream of a 10k in the 50’s. Unless we are talking our age. Hope the extroverting was fun!

Ginny- is “the Hill” the railroad track thing? Nice work though!

Lizzie-lol on HCBF grocery shopping.

Margaret- the funny part is that Greg (in my miles game team) who commented on not training in sucky conditions was running a small loop on pavement 12 times yesterday.  He appreciated being called out on it I’m sure. LOL as a botp-er there is often NO external motivators to finishing. I’m already last, I’m coming up on cut offs, things hurt, everyone else is already drinking beer, and it’s raining. Yet we continue. Good training for life. My opinion at least.

Carol- woohoo on the 18 miles!

Damaris- hearing that your Dh went out for a run made me smile!

Diane- you win for sucking it up for ten on a treadmill. Mental toughness for sure.

Lisa

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Darnit all, lost my post...  Luckily I had just started.

Damaris, they didn't make me work, I offered IF they would pay me enough.  They put a number on the table, I countered, and we struck a deal.  Glad DH is able to run Kentucky, YAY!!

Laura, good luck with your races!

Sandy, 18, awesome!  How was your couch day?  Saw a #16 picked off a 1 seed.  And by 20 points.  I used to always watch the tourney, not so much anymore.  I am a Syracuse grad, so I almost always have someone to root for every year.  Even though they're not in the Big East anymore, most any team there is my second favorite to root for.

Karen, sorry your race wasn't what you wanted.  It is getting warm and muggy out already in these here parts...  Hope you enjoyed the neighborhood party.

Ginny, so jealous of the corned beef.  I went to the store and they were OUT!  WHAT??  One of my favorite things.  Enjoy.

Lizzie, glad yesterday wasn't too bad and hope today is the same.  I can't go to Costco without picking up extras.  Can anyone?  I don't get OT, rather a set amount extra.  Mmmm, seafood.

Margaret, sorry about the knee.  I totally missed you wiped out, that sucked.  Oh, my air tickets just got changed for Pinelands, I get in at 11am now.  I looked to see if there is different flight that gets in closer to you, no such luck.

Carol, nice 18.  I am happier where I am now.  A bit more interaction with the local woman who kind of runs things, though not my boss.  She reports to my boss though, so I tread carefully around her.

Diane, great slog on the TM!  WOW, race is in a few days.

Lisa, glad the ribs are better.  Jealous of lots of beer and food after.  My herbs are the boring kind..  I killed Thyme,  HAH, that is funny - at least to me.  Currently they are all sitting in my sink until I plant them, maybe tomorrow after my hair appointment.

Should get moving soon, I really need to go spray some weed killer out front before I go to work.  At least today is my regular gig.  Yesterday was a 2 hour drive one way, and I literally feared for my life on the drive home.  I have never been in a car with someone who tailgated so close.  70mph, and less than a car length between us, sometimes in the rain.  I am a aggressive driver, but that was awful.

Tata all, enjoy your Sunday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just had two Green KK glazed donuts and a Mtn Dew for my LR.  Will check back after.

Kat, at least they struck a deal. Smile

Laura, not as many states as we should because we tend to repeat states we like but the last year and this one is a let's get more state extravaganza.  All his idea now.

Liz, enjoy the RD.

Diane, ooh, a massage.

Lisa, so we are going to be in the same state on the same weekend too?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Laura, good luck at the race!

Lizzie, nice miles! And great gesture w all the cookies Smile Not an awful thing to say about skipping HCBF stuff as long as you are honest with yourself. Laughing about him getting everything + tons of junk food. Any beer on that list? Big grin

Karen, I agree w Margaret - crappy races make the good ones even better!

Sandy, beer and sports sounds like you won't actually move. Maybe for another beer. Or two.

Kat, well, if you had no big plans for today, I'd say working w likeable co-workers and earning extra $ is a positive turn.

Waving to everyone; have some (lots of) K-related stuff to do!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

LC....our Dairy Queen isn’t even open yet, they close here in the winter.  Hope your race went well today.

Kat...: that was a heck of a long day’!  St least the food was good. Well darn on not having any corned beef.  It was very good!  Made soda bread too.

Lizzie....moving stuff is definitely cross training.  Were the cookies much appreciated?  I can’t remembet the last time I slept 11 hours.

Diane....nice mileage this weekend!

Lisa...no, not railroad, there is just this really steep short hill downtown near the water where they made a marina, he takes us there for hill work.  Very close to gym.  Sounds like you had a good 21 miler yesterday.  That is the couple we ran that cold , rainy race with last spring, right?

5 miles this morning and , again, I am running faster than I think I am, I like that!  My DD called and asked if I wanted to go to the mall in Cleveland with them today, so I am waiting to get picked up. Apparently GD is going to prom and we are dress shopping.  This is the ball player and she hates shopping!  Should be fun????

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Unless some magic motivation dust falls on me today is going to be a TURD and I'll finish this week with 20 miles.  I vacuumed and was having a hard time catching my breathe so a rest day is in store.  We have grass fires in the area and outside is just not safe to be.

Laura when I was younger and we lived in FL we'd go on Sundays' with our big german shepard and get ice cream at DQ.  He got a small bowl of vanilla.  Funny as all get out watching him lick up the ice cream.

Docket_Rocket

Done!  21 miles of:

1 Easy
                      5 @ MP (10mm)
                      1 Easy
                      4 @ MP
                      1 Easy
                      3 @ MP
                      1 Easy
                      2 @ HMP (9:31mm)
                      1 Easy
                      1 @ 10K (8:57mm)
                      1 Easy

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6.3 miles easy run, plus 1.3 mile walk.  Knee seems to be feeling okay.

Damaris, wow, nice workout!  Was that all on the TM?

DHuff, TURD might be wise, breathing is kind of important. You might kicked up some dust and other stuff vacuuming, plus the bad air outside is probably affecting your lungs.

Carol, nice 18 for you yesterday!

LC, how'd your races go?

Kat, well, shoot that your flight gets in even earlier.  Not sure if anyone else is flying in earlier that you might be able to hitch a ride with?  Still welcome to come with me one or both directions, of course.

Hi Kilmisters!  And hi to little K too.

Ginny, woohoo on running faster!  Not surprising at all, you've been really diligent with your workouts.

Lizzie, no pics from yesterday's run but here are the shamrock tights in a pick from a St. Pat's run a few years ago:

The rest of this post is for Lisa and anyone else interested in joining us in Oregon in 2019! [Yeah, 2019... okay, I clearly have too much time on my hands at the moment...]

Lisa, what do you have on your 2019 calendar already?  I'm still thinking of Oregon.  Is it too soon to pencil something in?  I know that I'll be tied up in the beginning of September 2019 since that's when the Patagonia marathon is.  Here's your last post on Oregon, in order of preference for me [with my comments in brackets]

Elk-Kings 50k October 13th this year. A double out-back. They have a marathon as well but it looks way harder than the 50k. The marathon: "It’s for those who eat class 3 scrambles for breakfast, bombing descents for lunch, and hill repeats for dinner. Plus it is a bit longer than a marathon – you’ll run for 27.5 mile – it’s in the mountains afterall. You’ll get 8,000 feet of gain. Yes, that was 8,000′ of climbing and a little more than that in descending. Tempted?" Lisa-no. Margaret-? LOL I would do the 50k and be happy with single track full of stream crossings, rollers, and dense forest in the fall. [Not too far from Portland, looks really pretty, 50k sounds good, especially since I'm not actually sure what a class 3 scramble is]

Elkhorn Crest Marathon July 28th this year. More mountain points. You could go for the 50 mile but I'd stick to the marathon with finishers up to 9 hours for the marathon. Contains "the Gauntlet" of half mile of extremely rocky terrain. HALF MILE. LOL [This is not too far of a drive from Boise, and it's appealing in a Beaverhead kind of way.  But, I know the goal is to get you the state of OR, not up the sufferfest ante.  But still, ONLY A HALF MILE OF SCREE?!  Pfft, we eat that for breakfast]

Ochoco 50k July 7th this year. this one does score mountain points but I think I could make the cutoff and if not would have seen the best stuff by it. I see a 10:20 finisher time. Lookout Mountain! Oh the posts that would come with that one. [Nice scenery, only drawback is that this seems to be in the middle of nowhere, would not be easy to get to]

Marys Peak Trail Run 50k June 16th this year. Photos look gorgeous and lush and I see finisher times up to 9:39 for the 50k. [mid June is not a good time for me due to WS activities]

And Valerie had good things to say about Siskiyou Out Back, July 28th this year.  Options are 50M (7000' climbing) and 50k (4200' climbing).  Meanders along the Pacific Crest Trail.  A friend who did the 50 (12:46 finish) recommends it but had trouble with the altitude.  It doesn't look like it gets over 7000 though, so less than Beaverhead (umm, yay?).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Back home, showered and relaxing  on the couch.  BF and I are going to go have a beer at the Brewery in a bit.

Happy with my 8k - 43:49 (44:32 last year), a little chilly but I warmed up fast.  5k was fun, ran with a 4th grader who was a cutie pie.  He has a pretty good pace but is still working on his endurance, he made it to about the 1.5 mile mark before walking, then we stopped 2 or 3 more times.  Finish was 32:49.  Worked fine for me because my legs were tired!  Stopped at Subway on the way home with RBF and her DH.

Lizzie - hope work is going well, weather is awesome here, too!  My weekends have been more laid back lately, and I am fine with that!!

Diane - I need to get a mani one of these days, I used to get my nails done  regularly pre-kids.  Nice 10!!  My older dog loves ice cream, which is probably why he's a chubster LOL!

Lisa - awesome job yesterday, glad the ribs are healing!!

Kat - I hate riding with aggressive drivers (cue: BF).  Sometimes it's less stressful to ride with my teenagers!

Damaris - you should add Michigan to your fall schedule!

Hi Elina - have fun with K today!

Ginny - have fun shopping!!  Our DQ opens whenever, usually sometimes in February or when we have a run of mild weather.  The one in the next town over is closed Nov - March.

LC Runs

Carol - forgot to add....the shirts are very ugly.  The 8k ones are blue which is weird.  I gave mine to DS.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Ladies!

Well, work wasn't too bad because the work was already done. LOL. They guys ended up finishing everything last night. I wish they would have told me that! I would have gone with HCBF if they had . They did appreciate the cookies Smile

When I was on my home from work, I heard my tire sounding funny. My car gives me the tire pressure so I checked, and everything is normal. i checked the tire when I got home and BAM..there is seriously a 1" thick screw in there. This is the tire I just bought at Christmas time!! WTH. I am sure it can be patched but UGGGHHHH annoying. HCBF said he may be able to fix it. 

Since I had the afternoon free I came home and took Ruger on a 2 mile walk. Our weather was gorgeous today. 60 degrees!

Diane - Nice job getting it done! Its just about countdown time for you!! WOOHOO!! Nothing wrong with a TURD day. You are tapering! Those are allowed Smile

Lisa - Wow, awesome miles yesterday! Glad the ribs didn’t bother you too much.

Kathryn - Well I hope its a nice set amount! Oh crap on the drive!

Docket - WTG on that 20!! Who the hell made you run that kind of run!? KAREN. LOL. Geez, that looks so hard! WTG.

Kilmisters - Have fun with mini K!! Smile

Ginny - Nice miles this morning, girl! Sounds like you are getting your mojo back Smile Have fun today! I remember going prom dress shopping.

Margaret - NICE miles! Love those tights!! Thats also a really good picture of you and DH Smile Uhm, those races look hard.

Laura - Congrats on the great races today! You were faster this year? Awesome! Laughing at your 5K with the 4th grader Smile Sounds like a great day. Enjoy your beers!

Ruger wants dinner Smile Have a good night ladies!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Margaret, nice run.  Yeah, it was hot here today (and forever now).

Laura, I already have Michigan!

Diane, nice 10.

Lisa, Smile

Liz, eh, 21!  The one is significant!  LOL.  No idea.

Damaris

Fundraising Page