Womens Running

Not another Monday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 13K with Amy.  Peak week starts today.  Gonna throw down 50+ miles this week.

KR - we blew bubbles in the backyard for a long time.  then he dug in the mud with a shovel.  Good little boy times.

FR - veggie omelets, potatoes

WR - dickhead put a new client on Tues/Thurs - those are days that I didn't used to work before the hours being upped.  Seriously? I will have to scramble for childcare for B.  new clients when I've already put in notice?!  I'm going to put my hours back to the old ones for next week.   Because if he says anything, my reply will be, "what are you going to do, fire me?"

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 8k. I am thinking I will bust out a skirt for the first time this year. My run yesterday turned into social hour. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and I ran in the afternoon, so everyone was out on their front lawns. I kept seeing people I knew and stopping to chat. Since I kept getting side stitches during my run yesterday, I was quite happy for all the breaks!

TR - Took her to the farm yesterday and she had tons of fun. She walked into the sugar shack and started chatting up a couple farmers, asking them to give her more maple syrup muffins, lol. They showed her the maple syrup making operation and, when she saw the fire burning in the evaporator, she said "fire!" and started trying to blow on it, even though she was about 10 feet away.

FR - Teriyaki meatballs, egg noodles, baby bok choy

NRR - Okay, this week I really need to stop just thinking about getting all my tax stuff in order and taking it to my accountant and actually do it.

~~~~

zorbs - Woo hoo, peak week! Are your legs fully recovered from ATB? Ugh, of course dickhead manager purposely makes your schedule difficult in your last two weeks. Do you think bitchy neighbour will be able to watch B? Too bad I don't live closer or else I could watch him for you.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - yoga during nap time.

NRR - midwife appt. today.  The weigh in will scare me into doing some more cardio, I'm sure.  I also need to schedule my ultrasound.

FR - no idea - need to meal plan and grocery shop.

KR - letting the kids sleep in today (hopefully they will sleep for a while yet.  DS was still up at 1030 last night b/c he fell asleep at church for half an hour in the early evening.  ETA - right when I posted this DS got out of bed - he has been whining and crying ever since...

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD, my legs were sore after the 28k run Friday, then I ran easy on the treadmill Saturday, and sunday DH and I ran outside together, it was lovely out and nice to run in the mountains, but we could both feel the lack of oxygen plus it was all up hill for the first half, then all downhill on the second half - except there was a half km up hill right at the end, which I used to smoke DH and finish 20 seconds ahead of him!  He usually has so much more kick than I do so this was fun Smile

KR - was so good this weekend and had so much fun!  There was a little gondola that went from the lodge/ski area down to the lower part of town, and she rode around it a half dozen times just for fun.  We went to the hot pools both days and she had a blast playing in the water.

TR - also very good.  It took her a bit to get used to sleeping there, and she did not sleep at all in the car on the way down.  On the way home I set her up with my tablet and a movie and she happily watched it the whole way.

FR - not a clue.. M is eating at MIL's tonight so as long as I get something in O, I'm not worrying.

NRR - we stopped for dinner on our way home last night - in a town called Canmore, just outside of Banff.  We went to a brew/pub/restaurant that I LOVE and always look forward to going to and it was SOOOO SLOOOOW.  I think our waitress was new too, or lacked confidence and just didn't know how to deal with the fact that we weren't impressed that it took over an hour to get our food.  The kids were really good though, and other than being annoyed it wasn't that big of a deal.  Then when the waitress brought our bill, I was not going to tip bc of the slowness and lousy service, and noticed at the last minute when I actually read the bill that she had comp'ed us all our beers, plus given us 50% off - she didn't even tell us she was doing those things!  Silly girl almost lost her tip bc she didn't speak up.  We didn't get home till after 8:00 in the end, but it was a super fun weekend!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - YAY for peak week!!  I'm excited for mud and puddles, only because it means the snow is melting!!  How much longer do you have at the gym?

ernie -  YAAAAAAY for skirt weather!  Ack... taxes.  I also really really need to get on them.

r-eh - ugh, hate those brief naps that ruin bedtime!  AND the early wake ups before they are ready.  Hope he cheers up for you.

running eh

zorbs - sorry about the work situation.  I must have missed some of it, but that is rotten.  Yay for little boy times - so messy yet so fun!

ernie - My only motivation for tax time is the refund.  If I had to pay I would wait until the last minute for sure.  Yay for skirts!  Can you save me some baby bok choy?  I love that stuff, but I only have made it once.  I need to buy it more often.  Where do you get your produce and stuff?  Sounds like a big place if they even make their own maple syrup!

CA - great running this weekend!!!  I read your post and all I can think of is "Hi, it's Mike...from Canmore"  I laugh every time I think of him!  SO glad you had a great weekend away!

nolamama

CQTM

Hi Ladies!

ER: Today elliptical and lifting.

TR: Turned 2 a couple weeks ago, I can't believe it! We took her to the zoo yesterday and she was a bit skeptical of all the animals. She liked them from far away but as we got closer, she started whining. She then proceeded to not nap and sleep like crap last night. I need more coffee!

NRR: My allergies are ridiculous. I was running and walking through piles and piles of pollen all week.

Hoping to start posting more regularly!

zorbs: I've missed out on all the job drama. Do you have another lined up?

Ernie: do you have a marathon coming up?

r-eh: congrats on your pregnancy! How far along are you? Is this the last kiddo?

CA: What are you training for right now?

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5.8 miles this morning. Yes, I would have run an even 6, but I have a PT client who's house I drive to, and I have my runs pretty much timed down to the second, lol.

TR: happily munched on Multigrain crackers while we were grocery shopping and running errands this morning. He loves to blame his farts on the dog, aL&D laugh about it.

NRR: mom and dad are coming on Friday for the weekend! Can't wait to see them. DH put in 2 new windows, 5 outlets, and most of the insulation in R's room over the weekend- all yesterday as he had to work Sat. Things are coming along well!

Be back for personals in a bit!

Mer- haven't heard from you in a while- hope you're doing ok!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Might do an short 'n' easy stroller run or something, my legs are still ridiculously sore from the 8 miler on Saturday. That was my friend's longest run ever (she is training for a half on June 1), and she was super excited to have finished with it feeling relatively easy. I told her I'd think about running it with her.

TR: Pretty defiant all weekend but we had some good times. Hired a babysitter yesterday for a couple hours and she played with him at the park while I was hot tubbing at the gym then kept him busy while I did some house projects.

FR: Last night I made a yummy chicken dish with zucchini and asparagus, DH didn't want to eat it and ate bean burritos instead. I am thankful that if DH doesn't like or doesn't want dinner, he won't make a fuss, he will just fix something else instead. Not sure about tonight- maybe taco salads?

NRR: With DH's schedule getting jacked around twice this weekend, I never took R to Spokane. I feel bad because I told my grandma I would visit. I'll have to get up there in the next couple of weeks, her 86th birthday is at the end of the month. DH and I made good progress around the house- finally got furniture assembled then rearranged into a pleasing layout. I even hung some stuff on the walls.

NRR2: Our anniversary is tomorrow and I never bought anything for DH, whoops. Thinking about getting him a massage GC.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - next door daycare lady won't take B on such short notice, even if she would, that means we'd have to pay her full day, an extra $20+.  Plus why should I put myself out to accomodate dickhead's bullshit?  I already warned my long time clients that if something happens this week, I'm perfectly prepared to leave whenever instead of April 18th.  I bet the maple syrup demos are in full swing now.  didn't B say something about the fire at Kortright? except I think B wanted to call the fire dept.  My legs are recovered enough to handle the mileage but forget about anything speedy.

eh - I haaaate when they get up early and whine.  I treasure my quiet time in the morning.

CA - in the letter I wrote my last day is April 18 but since that is Good Friday, I guess April 16th.  Unless dickhead pisses me off further, in which case I'll just walk out ASAP.  I hate when DH complains about slow service at fine dining places.  I tell him if you want fast food, go to Mcdonalds.

nola - unfortunately I don't have another job, but at least one of my clients wants to continue on privately.

rg - how does he blame farts on the dog?  "doggy fart!"  I don't think B knows the word fart yet but he does do an "oops!" face when he lets one rip.

spike - does your DH know how annoying it is when he refuses your dinner?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- That manager is such a jerk.

ernie- I crack up when R blows at stuff because its more spit than anything.

eh- My kid is so grumpy when he wakes up from naps, but usually in the morning he is all smiles and proclaiming "I'm awake!!"  Have a good appt today.

CA- sounds like a great weekend. I don't know if I've ever had comps done for bad service Sad

Nola- Welcome back! How are you doing post-sfx? Have you thought about immunotherapy/allergy shots? I've been doing them almost 6 years now, but they help my environmental and cat dander allergies so much!

RG- R cracks up whenever he farts. Such a boy!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I honestly don't care if he doesn't eat what I make as long as he fixes something for himself- he eat leftovers, a can of soup, bean burritos, scrambled eggs. It would bother me more if we had similar tastes in food, but I think the problem is that the meal wasn't ketchup friendly. If I catered to his tastes we would eat tatortots every day.

Kantkatchme

zorbs- I'd be so po'd about what the manager did. I hope you can sort out child care for B.  Does the gym have child care?

ernie- lol on social hour lr. I am a lazy runner and love having an excuse to stop. except

then it takes longer.

eh- sorry about the cranky kiD, I hope he cheers up.  A triesd to wake up at 6am and I forced her to cuddle, thankfully she slept until 8, since she was up

ti 10 last night.

nola- hi! I hope your allergies settle.  I think that the only upside to this late spring. my allergies haven't been too bad.  I guess big animals are pretty intimidating to a 2yr old.

Ca- sounds like. a good weekend! Too bad O didn't sleep in the car.  I love Canmore! That server is Lucky you read your bill.  nice job on with your finishing kick to best DH.

Rg- your running impresses me! I am awful at pacing myself.  Wow. Sounds like r will have a new room in no time!  funny about blaming the dog. Yay for your parents coming!

From friday

zorbs/ spike- yes DH is really allergic, he wishes he wasn't.   He gets scratch tests.  He has an epi pen, turns out the apointment is this Friday! Oops.

~~~

rr- Lr, but have to wait for DH to get home.  Stroller tires need air and I can't find the pump.  I guess it got packed somewhere and I haven't needed it.  Will have to hunt for it.

Br- so cute! She is napping! (Knocks on wood)

bit me yesterday when we were at the IL's for dinner.  Mil hit her.  I was and still am super upset about it.  I told her not to hit her, her respinse was she shouldn't bite. Uh, she is 1, you are not.  Them MIL didnt speak to me, we were cleaning up the kitchen and left soon after.  I'm sure she feels bad, but really? How is hitting any better then biting! Im not sure I should bring it up or if me saying not to hit her is enough? DH was standing beside us, but I'm not sure he was paying attention.  I haven't brought it up with him yet cause I don't want to say something I shouldn't about mIL.  I totally lost my trust in that split second.

Nrr-Spring is here!!  It's supposed to be 52* today!!!

We wnet for a walk this mornjbg.  It's really hard to walk with a toddler in the spring.  She is attracted to all the garbage in the street and wants to put it in her mouth. Barf! Dirt, leaves, twigs ok.  cigaret butts and other unknown crap, uh no thanks! I think I might take the broom from the garage and sweep a path to our mailbox so we can at least walk a few houses away witHout a fight.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

nola - HEY!!  Good to see you here, I hope you do post more regularly.  Sorry for the allergies, that sucks!  I'm training for the Calgary Marathon - June 1st.

RG - wow, your DH is super handy!  That's awesome.  We need new windows upstairs in our bedrooms, but that's something that we'll for sure be hiring out.

spike - That's great that you got to run your friends long run with her!  Too bad your DH doesn't have the same food taste as you... Mine will sometimes rather make his own thing too, and he also prefers to eat way later than I do... I also don't care too much as long as he takes care of himself.  I don't know when I've been comped anything before either, and was surprised, especially since she didn't even mention it.

zorbs - well we were definitely not at a fine dining restaurant, and I don't expect fast food like service, but waiting more than an hour (especially when you have two small children) is terrible service IMO.  When we're fine dining, I expect to be in the restaurant for the evening, but that's totally different.

kant - I had to go digging around for my pump on Friday before going for the weekend as the tires were completely flat - mine was in the spare room Smile  Oh man on MIL - my take, I agree, I wouldn't hit/spank a 1 yr old under most circumstances, but regardless of whether you/ or I would/ it's not her place to do so bc it's not her kid.  If you feel comfortable w/ her I'd talk to her and say that you need her to trust you to choose the right discipline methods for your kid - if you don't I'd have DH do it since it's his mom.  Spring here too!  +17 today!!!!!! Smile

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I get it.  Just musing that my DH can't distinguish the difference between fine dining slowness and terrible service slowness.