Womens Running

Wednesday Supermoms (Read 414 times)

runswithrocky

ER - nothing last night.  Directed to put my feet up and be on bedrest after the amnio.  Had contractions off and on all night.  Apparently the uterus does not like being poke with a big needle!  So of course, I made dinner, put away laundry & picked-up the house.  That's rest-y, right?

PGR - Posted yesterday and on FB.  it's a boy.  we're so excited.  Can't wait for April to get here so I can start shopping!  (We mostly just have winter stuff until then and with a MAY baby we'll need summery stuff).  I guess DH and MIL are planning on her driving out around the time #2 is due.  So that means she can stay indefinitely without the looming returning plane ticket to get her out of the house.  I told Dh very sternly that we WILL be talking about this before he plans anything else with her.  I'm hoping for 2 weeks tops of her here, but know it'll be more like 3 since DH won't be able to take any days off.  It sucked having to breastfeed and always cover-up with MIL here with Emily, and looks like that's the plan for #2 as well.  <grits teeth>

TR - tried to do christmas photos last night.  Fail.  She was not cooperating.  Oh well, we'll try again tonight.  Was a crank-a-puss this morning!  Good lord, child.  And then had a meltdown at drop-off.  Was up last night at 420am, let her CIO until 440am.  Then finally got up.  She sucked down a bottle and went right back to sleep.  Is there a 15 month growth spurt?! 

FR - Leftovers tonight.  Wild rice, mushroom & chicken soup last night was a hit!  DH even plugged it into his calorie counter app and deemed it worthy of consumption.  I think he's learning, via the app, that I don't cook high calorie foods!  Duh!  Thinking of something else to make for Thurs night with leftover shredded chicken.  Friday night might be quiche? or some sort of BFD (breakfast for dinner).

Bermy - from yesterday, yes the 3rd tri chick is awesome in the vinyasa video.  I was sort of marveling at her flexibility.  Hoping to get the 75 min version in tonight since DH will be out at a beer meeting. 

Spike - ground beef, burgers, wedding soup (use of meatballs), stuffed peppers, beef stroganoff (never made it, but have eaten it), bolognese sauce (meat pasta sauce), variation of lasagna is meat stuff shells, Kabobs (still sort of meatball, esq though), meatloaf, and that's all I got for ground beef.  I'll keep brainstorming.  I would probably make a bunch of burger patties and freeze them and then just defrost as needed.  Easy for you and your DH for nights when you're home alone.  Oh and lettuce wrap with beef filling. 

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh!- I almost always decline invitations to home sale parties. The stuff seems really overpriced to me and I hate knickknacky crap. I'm only doing it because this one is benefiting our Fire Dept banquet next month.   DH doesn't love to run, he does it for the calorie burn. He went with me a couple weekends ago and we had a 5 mile running "date" without the baby which was fun. He will do a couple races a year, usually a 5k or two, the local 10k, and then he did Tough Mudder Vancouver this past summer. His longest race was a Half marathon in October 2010 and he whined the whole time LOL. He is more balanced in his workouts because he really likes lifting, and I only run. I really need to lift more, I told DH last night that if he can motivate me to lift this spring, then I will be on his Tough Mudder team. EEK! I think he's going to run with me more because he wants to get his mileage up in to the 15-20 mpw range where I'm at right now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Leeleeche

RR - great run last night! 5 miles with 4x800 of tempo. Felt awesome! I love tempo! ~~~~~~~ BR - her cold is getting better. She was up early this morning but not 5:45. I'll take it. ~~~<~~ kr - helping me bake this afternoon. so exciting. he loves doing that. kr="" -="" helping="" me="" bake="" this="" afternoon.="" so="" exciting.="" he="" loves="" doing=""></~~ kr - helping me bake this afternoon. so exciting. he loves doing that.>
        Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - i wish B would eat that well.

bermy - how do you make your fish tacos?

gtg, alcoholic friend just texted that he's here..

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rocky- thanks for all the ideas! You should have milked your doctor's orders and bossed DH around all night Wink  I'm not good at sitting still either. I need to try to do a Christmas picture too, but need to wait until I have a good hair day. Yay for baby boy! I really wanted a boy, so whatever we get next time around will be great, I'm cool with two boys or a boy and girl.  I was pretty shameless about BF in my own home. I BF in front of FIL a bunch and he didn't say anything or gawk. Tell MIL if she doesn't want to see, not to look. DH got a big dose of what BF was all about when my older sister whipped out a boob in front of him while they were having a conversation, and my other sister BF without a nursing cover at our wedding. Its natural, and unless you feel uncomfortable, no need to cover up.

NRR2- I took a bunch of my baby stuff over to my friends house to loan to her since I won't be using it for at least a year. I loaned her my infant bucket seat/base/stroller system and gave her a bunch of baby stuff my friend tried yardsaling and didn't sell like a baby monitor and stuff. She keeps FB messaging me to say thanks and that I'm really generous to loan her those items. I am so excited to have them out of my house right now LOL. I even installed the carseat for her and did a full tutorial on how to use the equipment for her and her DH. All I need now is for my sister to come pick up the Exersaucer and Jumparoo and then I can have a craft room again! My sister keeps telling me she "doesn't have room." I live in a 1600 sq ft house and hers is 2900. Seriously dude.

Lee- I'm going to bake and make candy this year, I didn't get to last year! 

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

zorbs - Do you ever feel guilty?

rocky -  Yay for a boy.  While I have no clue what it is like to have a girl, I love having J.  Boys are a ball of energy which is a lot of fun.  Shouldn't your DH have done all those things if your doc told you to rest?  

lee - Have a great time baking.  We just did sugar cookies that we bought premade and then decorated.  I love peanut blossoms around the holidays....or any other itme.  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

RunningUphill

RR: Nada for the third day in a row.  I WILL run tomorrow.

NRR: Meetings all day then company holiday party tonight.  I am bringing the munchkin and then sending him home early with dh so fingers crossed he behaves and has fun.  I think I am getting another ear infection.  Blurg.  I just got over the last one!

TR: I got him all psyched up for a babysitter tonight but then I decided to bring him with me instead.  I hope the change in plans doesnt throw him off too much.  I am tempted to call his teachers and have them let him know the new plan.  But I realize that sounds a little ridiculous.

TR2: Surgery is (re)scheduled for monday so I am wishing I could put him in a protective germ-free bubble until then.  I REALLY dont want to have to reschedule again.  Lets get this over with!!

bbs for personals

runswithrocky

Dh did do a lot last night.  All the Emily lifting and stuff.  He picked her up from daycare too so I had about 2 hrs to myself and leisurely did those activities without hauling a child around, stepping over baby gates, etc.  It was really nice, actually.  And that means I don't have to do it tonight and can exercise instead! 

DH is on a 2 day streak of exercise as well!  I guess withholding food from him until he does it is working?  I even <gasp> heard weight clanking in the basement last night once he was done spinning.  Hello!  DH is getting the guns back.  Oh and he's drinking a lot less because it doesn't fit into his calorie allotment for the day <duh> but I guess that news is easier to take from a calorie app than a pregnant wife.  Hoping he is really turning over a new leaf this time.  Gotta be optimistic.

runninmer

twinmom - We recarpeted our whole house when we bought it and it was the best thing we could have done!  I love the smell and feel of new carpet. 

shelby - Great job with the workout and the planks.  

lane - Good luck with the job.  It is a big decision to make a career change.  I hope it all works out for you.

spike - When J's schedule is off, he doesn't sleep well.  We are very strict with the 8pm bedtime.  He's pretty cute when he is tired because we put him down and he waves to us as we leave his room! Yeah, I wish the district would have hired from within especially based on his salary with is about 20K more than mine.  We buy the tots. Smile

eh! - We all need a break sometimes so don't beat yourself up over your dry spell.  You will be that much more refreshed when you do start up again!

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Uphill- any indication if that was really O last weekend? Temps up still?  I'm sending all of my baby juju your way!  I hope W can stay healthy for his surgery! I'm going to lose my mind if R or I get sick again in the next month.

Lee/Mer- My dad claims he is only making one cookie with nuts in it this year! I have 2 epi-pens in my purse for this weekend! LOL   My favorite thing to make at the holidays is Fleur de Sel Caramels. They are as amazing as they sound.

RunningUphill

Runnergirl: Love the good eating!

Bermy: Sleeping through the night can totally change your life : )  Good luck getting the visa stuff done.  I think I am going backwards in my plank ability.  last night I almost collapsed at 1:00.  A few nights ago I did 1:20 with no problem.

Zorbs: I have had exactly one manicure in my life- my wedding day.  I can't stand polish on my fingernails.  Or long nails. 

Shelby: Once I started thinking about it, I decided that kids sitting on santa's lap is kind of creepy.  I decided I am not going to discourage it, but I am not going to encourage it either.  But I grew up jewish so I am sure I have a slightly altered opinion on it.

cmg: good job on the waddle!  Anything is better than nothing at this point in my book!

runninmer: My ds has been saying "shake my booty!!" And he likes to yell BUM at the most inopportune times.  Oh boys. . .

zackmorris: 10:45?????

Jmmiller: Are you still going to try and get dd to get a flu shot today too?  Let me know how it goes.  We couldnt get in until january 2!  I bet you will feel much better after the 5 miles.

back for page 2 and 3 soon. . .

runninmer

mrszm - I was going to ask if C was feeling okay.  That is one heck of a nights sleep!  Did he nap at all during the day?  I hope you enjoyed the concert.  I secretly can't wait for that kind of stuff.  

jmmiller - How old is your Toddler?  It was fun watching J open presents the other night and get excited about his gifts.  Although, he just picks it up and throws it and goes to the next thing, it is still fun.

car - Too funny about your DH.  The girl that spent the day with us on Saturday referrs to her dad's junk as a tail!  Kind of funny the things kids come up with! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Sorry I'm really selfish and keep talking about myself today. DH made some comment the other day that he feels guilty when he goes out and does fun stuff on his days off when I'm working and I actually had to tell him (Mr. Rational-to-the-max) that I would PREFER that he goes out and does his fun stuff when I'm at work and we can put R in daycare so that when the weekend rolls around he doesn't abandon me to go Goose hunting all dang day while I chase after the kid by myself, and we can use that time to do something as a couple or a family!

Rocky- yay for your DH! In Weight Watchers we learned that it takes on average 16 weeks to develop a habit- go David! 

Mer- I'm usually a schedule Nazi too, but DH got toned out for a 94 year old lady choking right as we were getting ready to head out the door for a run, so we had to wait a good 20-30 minutes for him to return and then R was being really adorable and playful when we got him out of the stroller so he didn't make it to bed until about 7:25 (DH hadn't really gotten to spend time with him since he's been on night shift all weekend).

uphill- I'm the same way about my nails. I pick at them and hate how you can't pick up papers off a desk.

down.the.lane

TR: I got him all psyched up for a babysitter tonight but then I decided to bring him with me instead.  I hope the change in plans doesnt throw him off too much.  I am tempted to call his teachers and have them let him know the new plan.  But I realize that sounds a little ridiculous.

TR2: Surgery is (re)scheduled for monday so I am wishing I could put him in a protective germ-free bubble until then.  I REALLY dont want to have to reschedule again.  Lets get this over with!! 

I don't think that calling the teachers to update him is ridiculous, depending on your kid.  My DD would freak out about changing plans if she was looking forward to something. I  would rather her get her crap out earlier in the day so she has accepted the change later! 

Also, since I am new, I don't know the story your son's surgery.  I hope it goes OK! 

lane

down.the.lane

I know I am new, but I am going to ask a ?... so..

QOTD: Boxed wine?  What do you think?  Good idea or holy-gucamole-what-is-wrong-with-you-lady?  

Here is why I am thinking about it... my DH's sisters live out of state and they will be in town for a week at christmas.  One and her two girls are staying at our house (instead of my inlaws, 1.5 miles away) so all of the kids are together and when they go to bed the adults can hang out.  So, we are talking 6 - 7 nights of 6 - 9 drinking adults at my house (one SIL is preggers), and that is not counting my siblings, friends, and/or neighbors that will probably stop.  So, I am challenged to stock the fridge with food and drinks.  I can't drink beer (celiac) and I know that a few others don't drink it. Plus, it takes a LOT of room in the fridge.  So, I am thinking wine, but we are kind of low on funds thanks to having to switch preschools ($150 deposit and 2 weeks paid up front, plus buying uniforms!), so that led me to boxed wine.. Plus, if nobody drinks it I will have leftovers.  Wink Thoughts? 

lane